The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

McCanns will NOT return to Portugal

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: McCanns will NOT return to Portugal

Post by russiandoll on 29.05.14 10:51

Has Clarrie ever said the following ?

If, God Forbid, the police decide it is time to ask Kate to elaborate on these words of hers  -

"I know the situation we were in that night,"
"I know that what happened is not due to the fact of us leaving the children asleep. I know it happened under other circumstances."
"I was sure immediately that she didn't walk out of that room"

Because she knows, you know....

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils on 29.05.14 11:24

My questions and guesswork possible answers:

1. Why have the McCanns stated that they have no intention of returning to Portugal? 

They've managed to go back to meet lawyers and to attend a libel trial. 
Kate said she goes back a couple of times a year "to be close to Madeleine", to pray, to see close friends there.
They are supposedly 'buoyed' by the SY review. And this is SY involved in the search, not just the "f*ing tossers" and 'sardine-munching bungling PJ'.
They are supposedly desperate for answers.
The Needham family are also desperate for answers - they were present at the site of the dig for their missing boy.

a) They already know what the outcome will be and know the digging will yield nothing? [HOW could they know that?]
b) They already know what the outcome will be and know the digging will yield something? [HOW could they know that?]
c) Because they are scared? Have been advised not to by lawyers? [Scared of what? Advised - why? - takes us back to b)]
d) They don't care what the dig results are? [Which takes us back to a)]
e) They don't feel that they need to be 'close to Madeleine' at the time it could really matter? They wouldn't want to be present if her remains were found? They wouldn't want a priest there to 'bless' her? (Or whatever the wording should be.)

2. Why the strange conditional: unless Madeleine's DNA is found?

Does that mean that if a small child's remains were found, but no DNA could be obtained (for some reason,) they won't consider that it could be their daughter?

Does that mean that if items identical to those belonging to Maddie are found, they won't be interested unless a DNA sample can be retrieved AND MATCHED?

Does all of that mean that they are very confident that no matter what may be found, there will be NO DNA MATCH? [How could they know that?]

Which then begs the question:

3. How do SY KNOW that they have got a correct control sample of Madeleine's DNA to compare?

I'm not talking about a comparison with the parents' DNA, or her siblings', because there is the possibility that Madeleine is not the biological child of one or other parent. (Unless that has been proven 100%.)

Lance De Boils

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by frost on 29.05.14 11:47

@Lance De Boils wrote:

3. How do SY KNOW that they have got a correct control sample of Madeleine's DNA to compare?

I'm not talking about a comparison with the parents' DNA, or her siblings', because there is the possibility that Madeleine is not the biological child of one or other parent. (Unless that has been proven 100%.)

Surely the portuguese authorities will have been given access to a true form of Madeleines dna by now . The guthrie test or heel prick test performed at birth is surely kept on file for life so if that blood spot is kept somewhere it would be the only true form of Madeleines dna as I do not believe anything the Mccanns have passed onto the police is an exact match to Madeleine I think they have done their best to contaminate and muddy the waters from the start. If scotland yard do want to get to the truth id have thought they would have asked for this sample which i presume would require some kind of warrant and handed it over to the portuguese . 

As for the Mccanns not returning to Portugal thats very telling I think they think if they did they would be arrested as soon as they got off the plane . Do they really think they are immune from arrest sat at home in Rothley ? 

Any other parent of a missing child would have jumped on the first available plane if there was any chance their child was about to be found . I hope the rest of the world are now waking up to the fact of just how much of a charade the last 7 years have been .

frost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM on 29.05.14 11:48

@Lance De Boils wrote:
2. Why the strange conditional: unless Madeleine's DNA is found?

Does that mean that if a small child's remains were found, but no DNA could be obtained (for some reason,) they won't consider that it could be their daughter?

Does that mean that if items identical to those belonging to Maddie are found, they won't be interested unless a DNA sample can be retrieved AND MATCHED?

Does all of that mean that they are very confident that no matter what may be found, there will be NO DNA MATCH? [How could they know that?]

Which then begs the question:

Is it perhaps a way of infering that these operations are not likely to find anything that would solve the case. That at least is what the McCann's want us to believe via the media.

In the Mirror article that first mentioned digging, the source said the operations were not based on any new evidence and were not necessarily looking for a body.

I think the Mc's want us to believe that no-one will find a body. Using the phrase 'vowing' not to return to Portugal, is interesting too. The word 'vow' has connotations of making a solemn promise, being honest in front of someone else or god.   So in combination they want us to believe nothing significant will be found and they are in the position to make honest and clear declarations.

ChippyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stillsloppingout on 29.05.14 11:53

@canada12 wrote:I wonder what would happen if something was found that perhaps had belonged to Madeleine but it didn't contain any DNA. However it would need to be identified. Would SY bring it back to the UK? Or would it remain in Portugal, and Kate and / or Gerry would be required to go to Portugal to identify it?
If they find so much as a tooth brush they are fuc**d .

stillsloppingout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique on 29.05.14 11:57

@frost wrote:

Any other parent of a missing child would have jumped on the first available plane if there was any chance their child was about to be found . I hope the rest of the world are now waking up to the fact of just how much of a charade the last 7 years have been .

In agree, it would be the worst journey but you would have to go to know and to ease the suffering, almost like a pilgrimage. But you would have to go. It's what people say, not knowing is the worst thing.

Angelique

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by frost on 29.05.14 11:59

@Cristobell wrote:Odd the McCanns should say DNA rather than body.  If a body is found, will they dispute it until they have DNA evidence?  Sounds a bit like Gerry's 'there's no evidence' and 'find the body'.  They are clearly not happy about the dig, first they asked for it to be postponed, now they have said they have no intention of going out there.  I agree, it sounds like fighting talk.

If the police had headed out to the moors with JCB diggers, I don't think anything would have kept Winnie Johnson, now departed, mother of Keith Bennett away.

Winnie Johnson bless her was only in her late 20's when Keith went missing and spent the rest of her life tortured desperately searching for her son , she went on the moors hundreds of times and dug with her bare hands in a desperate plea to find him . She never gave up , she battled on quietly in the background for justice for Keith unlike the Mccans and their media circus who have flown around the world in private jets like mega stars yet have never dug with their bare hands for Madeleine and even now when official digs are about to begin are not going to be searching for Madeleine themselves no they are protecting their own skin safely or so they think tucked away at Rothley .

I have the utmost respect for Winnie Johnson I have absolutely none for the Mccanns .

frost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stillsloppingout on 29.05.14 12:01

@bobbin wrote:
Ladyinred wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:
@canada12 wrote:Wouldn't it be interesting if all along CM was working for SY, and not the McCanns....
That's a lovely goonspiracy theory.
Teresa May is Home Secy, and therefore party to and theoretically in control of everything MI5 does.
SO
In return for letting CM stand as a candidate he agrees to work for SY

I can feel a book coming on.

Tinker Tailor Told-a Lie ?
Lie-catcher
From Praia with Love
The Dishonourable Schoolboy
The Day of the Jackass
The 39 yards

Brighton Sock
Pink Rock ?
Brighton CO*K

stillsloppingout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 29.05.14 12:28

@Lance De Boils wrote:

IIRC the DNA tested was shown to be a female child of Kate and Gerry McCann who wasn't Amelie. So unless the McCanns have another daughter hidden away somewhere, I'd say it has been proven 100%.

I'll look for the source to this.

whatliesbehindthesofa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 29.05.14 12:35

Thanks Châtelaine, just beat me to it by a few seconds :)

whatliesbehindthesofa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29.05.14 12:37

smilie 

Back to top Go down

Post by jozi on 29.05.14 12:44

It says that the DNA was from the pillowcase but also says it could be either daughters.....may not be Maddies at all ?

[color:025a=000000]Please note: I understand that the McCANN's have a second female child. It therefore remains a formal possibility that the DNA on the pillowcase could have originated from her as the genetics would be in keeping with those described above.

jozi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan on 29.05.14 12:47

@Lance De Boils wrote:My questions and guesswork possible answers:

1. Why have the McCanns stated that they have no intention of returning to Portugal? 

a) They already know what the outcome will be and know the digging will yield nothing? [HOW could they know that?]

I'd vote for this answer. Their reaction now is very similar to their reaction to any of the numerous 'sightings' of Maddie in the early days.  They couldn't give a t0ss.  Preferred to jet around meeting celebs / tv hosts rather than get involved in any of the sightings.  And I suspect the reason is exactly the same. Answer a) above.

Bishop Brennan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on 29.05.14 12:48

@jozi wrote:
It says that the DNA was from the pillowcase but also says it could be either daughters.....may not be Maddies at all ?

Please note: I understand that the McCANN's have a second female child. It therefore remains a formal possibility that the DNA on the pillowcase could have originated from her as the genetics would be in keeping with those described above.

Is this the pillowcase from rothley,if it is then I doubt it is Madeleine's

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenMind on 29.05.14 12:53

@frost wrote:
@Cristobell wrote:Odd the McCanns should say DNA rather than body.  If a body is found, will they dispute it until they have DNA evidence?  Sounds a bit like Gerry's 'there's no evidence' and 'find the body'.  They are clearly not happy about the dig, first they asked for it to be postponed, now they have said they have no intention of going out there.  I agree, it sounds like fighting talk.

If the police had headed out to the moors with JCB diggers, I don't think anything would have kept Winnie Johnson, now departed, mother of Keith Bennett away.

Winnie Johnson bless her was only in her late 20's when Keith went missing and spent the rest of her life tortured desperately searching for her son , she went on the moors hundreds of times and dug with her bare hands in a desperate plea to find him . She never gave up , she battled on quietly in the background for justice for Keith unlike the Mccans and their media circus who have flown around the world in private jets like mega stars yet have never dug with their bare hands for Madeleine and even now when official digs are about to begin are not going to be searching for Madeleine themselves no they are protecting their own skin safely or so they think tucked away at Rothley .

I have the utmost respect for Winnie Johnson I have absolutely none for the Mccanns .
 clapping1  clapping1  clapping1

OpenMind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenMind on 29.05.14 12:54

@frost wrote:

clapping1  clapping1  clapping1

OpenMind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 29.05.14 12:55

@tiny wrote:
@jozi wrote:

Please note: I understand that the McCANN's have a second female child. It therefore remains a formal possibility that the DNA on the pillowcase could have originated from her as the genetics would be in keeping with those described above.

the next bit of the report shows it not to be Amelie's, in red.
Processos Vol IX, pages 2287 to 2288

THE FORENSIC SCIENCE SERVICE®
WETHERBY LABORATORY, SANDBECK WAY, AUDBY LANE, WETHERBY, WEST YORKSHIRE, LS22 7DN

FORENSIC REPORT

Officer in case: Det Supt Prior
Client: Leicestershire Police, New Parks
Police reference: 07/06085 Operation TASK
Laboratory reference: 300 655 190
Order reference: 400 922 755
Scientist: Lesley Denton
Number of pages: 2

Re: Abduction of Madeleine McCann on 3rd May 2007

A DNA profile has been obtained from the reference samples of Amelie Eve McCANN (SBM/2) and Sean Michael McCANN (SBM/3).

In this case, all of the bands present in the profiles of both Amelie McCANN and Sean McCANN are represented in the combined profiles of Kate HEALY and Gerald McCANN. This is what I would expect to find if Amelie McCANN and Sean Michael McCANN were their natural children.

Neither the DNA profile of Amelie McCANN nor Sean McCANN matches that from the pillowcase (SJM/1) and therefore in my opinion, neither Amelie McCANN nor Sean McCANN can be the source of this profile.

If I can be of further assistance or you require a CJA statement please do not hesitate to contact me at the laboratory on 01937 548287.

Yours sincerely,

Lesley Ann Denton
FORENSIC SCIENTIST
Date: 18 July 2007

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jozi on 29.05.14 13:07

@bobbin wrote:
@tiny wrote:
@jozi wrote:

the next bit of the report shows it not to be Amelie's, in red.
Processos Vol IX, pages 2287 to 2288

THE FORENSIC SCIENCE SERVICE®
WETHERBY LABORATORY, SANDBECK WAY, AUDBY LANE, WETHERBY, WEST YORKSHIRE, LS22 7DN

FORENSIC REPORT

Officer in case: Det Supt Prior
Client: Leicestershire Police, New Parks
Police reference: 07/06085 Operation TASK
Laboratory reference: 300 655 190
Order reference: 400 922 755
Scientist: Lesley Denton
Number of pages: 2

Re: Abduction of Madeleine McCann on 3rd May 2007

A DNA profile has been obtained from the reference samples of Amelie Eve McCANN (SBM/2) and Sean Michael McCANN (SBM/3).

In this case, all of the bands present in the profiles of both Amelie McCANN and Sean McCANN are represented in the combined profiles of Kate HEALY and Gerald McCANN. This is what I would expect to find if Amelie McCANN and Sean Michael McCANN were their natural children.

Neither the DNA profile of Amelie McCANN nor Sean McCANN matches that from the pillowcase (SJM/1) and therefore in my opinion, neither Amelie McCANN nor Sean McCANN can be the source of this profile.

If I can be of further assistance or you require a CJA statement please do not hesitate to contact me at the laboratory on 01937 548287.

Yours sincerely,

Lesley Ann Denton
FORENSIC SCIENTIST
Date: 18 July 2007
Well it is good that they tested the twins so it would seem to be Maddies DNA !!!

jozi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29.05.14 13:34

Of course, they did test the twins DNA too. The FSS may not have had a standing reputation [and went into oblivion], but they were still able to carry out basic forensics ...

ETA it IS Madeleine's DNA, unless there's a third female natural child of Kate and Gerry. I think that's a bit far-thought, though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29.05.14 13:53

Gone with the Wooshed Curtains.

Now in Glorious Technicolor.

Scene: The burning of Clarence Mitchell's dreams of becoming an MP.

With the flames licking the sky behind her Pinky O'Hara stumbles across the beach. Silhouetted against the flames, she falls to her knees in exhaustion.

But Pinky isn't any old source close to the family, Pinky is a Media Monitor so with every last ounce of her strength and in her best Brighton Belle accent, she defiantly declares:

"As God is my witness, I vow that Kate & Gerry will not set foot in Portugal again ...unless Madeleine's DNA is found."

The camera pans back and the theme music crescendos

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on 29.05.14 14:01

I am very puzzled about this dig,
why would they let the whole world and his wife
 know when and where this dig is going to be,what happened to the PJ  re  didn't want things splashed in the papers.

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Praiaaa on 29.05.14 14:04

@tiny wrote:I am very puzzled about this dig,
 know when and where this dig is going to be,what happened to the PJ  re  didn't want things splashed in the papers.

indeed, me too

Praiaaa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sofieellis on 29.05.14 14:05

@frost wrote:
@Lance De Boils wrote:

Surely the portuguese authorities will have been given access to a true form of Madeleines dna by now . The guthrie test or heel prick test performed at birth is surely kept on file for life so if that blood spot is kept somewhere it would be the only true form of Madeleines dna as I do not believe anything the Mccanns have passed onto the police is an exact match to Madeleine I think they have done their best to contaminate and muddy the waters from the start. If scotland yard do want to get to the truth id have thought they would have asked for this sample which i presume would require some kind of warrant and handed it over to the portuguese . 

As for the Mccanns not returning to Portugal thats very telling I think they think if they did they would be arrested as soon as they got off the plane . Do they really think they are immune from arrest sat at home in Rothley ? 

I've seen this mentioned before about the Guthrie test, but as far as I know, it's not kept. Why would it be? It's used to test for certain things, just like any other blood test during a person's lifetime, then it would be disposed of. It would probably contravene human rights to keep it for future DNA analysis.

sofieellis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan on 29.05.14 14:28

@tiny wrote:I am very puzzled about this dig,

Maybe they are hoping that the PJ will lose patience and tell them to get lost - thereby saving SY the time, money and embarrassment of the up-coming white elephant hunt?

Bishop Brennan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum