The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Post by duncanmac on 03.06.14 19:11

Coldwater was a chancer and  he sucked everyone in.
He was outed when I pointed out the police station in Leicester he claimed the Roggies would be conducted from had been closed for 3 years.
Never to be heard from again

duncanmac

Posts : 3
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-01-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Post by nobodythereeither on 03.06.14 19:14

@stillsloppingout wrote:
@HelenMeg wrote:

I once buried a fish in a hole I dug with a spoon.....

Cheap skate
Like SKATE in fish ?

I think that was the point  big grin

____________________


nobodythereeither

Posts : 273
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-11-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Post by sami on 03.06.14 19:15

@Shhh wrote:
@Sceptic wrote:
@Shhh wrote:Also from twitter, shame it's from a "pro"


The police are digging in an area used by local residents as a pet cemetery. #mccann cerb32
ITV reporter has just reported this also and how it could effect what the investigators are doing - laughable
Just to be sure,cadaver dogs wouldn't pick up/alert to a dead animal?

No and to be doubly sure they will not alert to sea bass either winkwink

sami

Posts : 962
Reputation : 48
Join date : 2012-04-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Post by Sceptic on 03.06.14 19:18

@ChippyM wrote:
@Sceptic wrote:
@Shhh wrote:Also from twitter, shame it's from a "pro"


The police are digging in an area used by local residents as a pet cemetery. #mccann cerb32
ITV reporter has just reported this also and how it could effect what the investigators are doing - laughable

Why is it laughable?   Say you were someone that visited the town on a number of occasions over the years and you heard about locals burying/ or getting rid of pets in a certain area....(this may not necessarily be a 'nice' final resting place for pets but somewhere locals could dump pets no questions asked)   If you had something to dump you may just do it in this area that has already been prepared.
Its laughable the reporters respoonse/claim - cadaver dogs do not react to animal remains

Sceptic

Posts : 155
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Post by aiyoyo on 03.06.14 19:24


Newstalk
16:33 Tuesday 3 June 2014      
Officers searching an area of scrubland in Praia da Luz, where Madeleine McCann disappeared in 2007, have begun digging.

It comes after British police brought in sniffer dogs on Tuesday to help search the area which is located a five-minute walk from the holiday apartment where she disappeared.

The victim detection dogs, Tito and Muzzy, took part in the 2012 search for murdered schoolgirl April Jones.

At least 30 officers arrived early on Tuesday morning for the second day of the search. Sources understand a team of specialist forensic archaeologists are also working on the site.

They used blue and white police tape to divide the land into sectors for the search. Two sniffer dogs and their handlers joined police in scouring the large cordoned off area while two Portuguese police horses patrolled the perimeter.

Three police tents set up on the site are thought to be where the teams are storing kit and taking drinks breaks rather than covering any significant parts of the site.

The teams spent Monday securing and surveying the site and will soon bring in ground-penetrating radar equipment to try to spot any unusual patterns in the terrain.

Radar expert Rom Gostomski, from London-based firm Sandberg, said "The radar uses electro-magnetic waves that are fired into the sub-surface at a pretty rapid rate and we measure what comes back from those signals".

The hot and predominantly dry climate on the Algarve, where temperatures regularly top 30 degrees Celsius, mean the ground will be far drier than in northern Europe.

"GPR works best in dry conditions - it doesn't like wet, saturated ground because of the high dissolved mineral content" Mr. Gostomski explained.

"In a dry country like Portugal you'll generally get much, much better data and penetrate much deeper".



The 'Find Madeleine' campaign continues on social media

There are different types of radar equipment the police could use, but generally the devices allow officers to monitor the ground at least two metres below the surface.

Mr. Gostomski added "If you have got a buried object that is sufficiently different, with different properties from the surrounding area, it will show up very, very clearly; whereas if you have got a gradual change it can be difficult to detect".

Scotland Yard say they will not provide a "running commentary" on the searches.

Former Scotland Yard detective John O'Connor told Newstalk Breakfast earlier he thinks at least two people were involved in Madeline's disappearance.


Now then......now then......

Are the pair of doctors sleeping well, or suffering a sudden on set of GAD ?

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Post by ChippyM on 03.06.14 19:31

@Sceptic wrote:
@ChippyM wrote:
@Sceptic wrote:
@Shhh wrote:Also from twitter, shame it's from a "pro"


The police are digging in an area used by local residents as a pet cemetery. #mccann cerb32
ITV reporter has just reported this also and how it could effect what the investigators are doing - laughable

Why is it laughable?   Say you were someone that visited the town on a number of occasions over the years and you heard about locals burying/ or getting rid of pets in a certain area....(this may not necessarily be a 'nice' final resting place for pets but somewhere locals could dump pets no questions asked)   If you had something to dump you may just do it in this area that has already been prepared.
Its laughable the reporters respoonse/claim - cadaver dogs do not react to animal remains

Oh I see, thanks!

ChippyM

Posts : 910
Reputation : 129
Join date : 2013-06-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Post by frost on 03.06.14 19:40


from the link above which is a continuous newsfeed with updates as and when 

30 MINUTES AGO
McCanns 'not braced for significant developments'

Kate and Gerry McCann are being kept up to date on the latest news in the hunt for their daughter in a wasteland near where she disappeared in Praia da Luz, but are not braced for any "significant" new developments, due to the complicated nature of the search.

frost

Posts : 210
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-02-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Post by roy rovers on 03.06.14 19:49

@stillsloppingout wrote:
@roy rovers wrote:
@sallypelt wrote:I don't know if there is any truth in this, but it's being tweeted and retweeted:

Justice_forum UK Justice Forum  

New car park behind the church in Praia da Luz which may be excavated as police renew search for Madeleine #McCann http://t.co/ccAM4LwWkT

Worth a try - they found Richard III last time.
I bet if they went to Rothey now, there would be Richard III in Gerry's trousers   big grin
 big grin That took me a few seconds  - I'm not a cockney stillsloppingout - a Richard III - surely not Richard III himself or do you mean a Richard III the size of Richard III?

roy rovers

Posts : 465
Reputation : 39
Join date : 2012-03-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Post by juliet on 03.06.14 19:49

Like PeterMac, I thought there seemed to be some telling reactions from the police gathered round that pit. The woman seemed to be trying to get away and the men shocked.

juliet

Posts : 579
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2011-06-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Post by Guest on 03.06.14 19:51

@juliet wrote:Like PeterMac, I thought there seemed to be some telling reactions from the police gathered round that pit. The woman seemed to be trying to get away and the men shocked.

Yes, I agree. I thought the woman was turning to press herself into the shoulder of the man next to her. I do hope this won't become yet another iconic image of this case.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Post by sallypelt on 03.06.14 19:54

Officers have begun digging and clearing an area of scrubland in Praia da Luz as part of the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

Sky Correspondent Tom Parmenter described the clearing and digging operation as "meticulous" and said officers were scouring through soil near yellow flag markers.

He said: "We have seen British police officers focusing on this particular scrap of land.
"They are moving stones and soil from the top of a piece of corrugated iron which has quite a hole around it."

He added that teams had been mapping the area over the last 24 hours and Portuguese workmen had been clearing some of the undergrowth with strimmers ahead of the search operation.

It comes after British police brought in sniffer dogs on Tuesday to help search the area, which is a five-minute walk from the apartment where then three-year-old Madeleine disappeared in 2007.

http://media.skynews.com/media/images/generated/2014/6/3/313681/default/v1/police-dig-1-2-1-522x293.jpg

sallypelt

Posts : 3305
Reputation : 524
Join date : 2012-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Post by JackieL on 03.06.14 20:00

No surprise the McCanns don't stick around for the digging  - they never do.  Remember this from 7 years ago, when a map was sent to the Dutch newspaper Der Telegraaf, supposedly showing where Madeleine was buried, and the PJ started digging, what did they do?  Instead of going to the digging site they whizzed off on a taxi run to Faro Airport to pick up Jon Corner:

GERRY'S BLOG DAY 42 14/6/07:    "Six weeks since Madeleine disappeared. We believe Madeleine is alive and I am glad to say that following yesterday's letter in the Telegraaf (Netherlands) there has been no evidence that Madeliene is in the area indicated although there will be further searches tomorrow.   Kate and I picked up a friend from Faro airport who has been  instrumental in helping with the campaign. He has been fantastic, producing the DVD of Madeleine to ‘Don’t you forget about me’ "

JackieL

Posts : 221
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2013-02-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Post by Shhh on 03.06.14 20:16

This lair thing.  If it has been hidden away, unsearched in scrubland would it be fair to assume if anything is found in it the perpretator/s were only made aware of such a hides hole through someone with local knowledge?

Shhh

Posts : 198
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Post by aiyoyo on 03.06.14 20:17

@nobodythereeither wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:
@nobodythereeither wrote:
@Shhh wrote:Here's the coldwater post

"
Quote:
It wasn't a blanket. I understand it was on a large sheet of cold metal - forensic evidence was left behind.
"


From http://msngroup.aimoo.com/madeleinemccann/coldwater.msnw-action=get_message&mview=0&ID_Message=850&LastModified=4675673657248108147.htm

But Coldwater was a wind-up merchant, no?

It's premature to discount CW.  
Wait until the case is over  and you will have your answer.

If the PJ had had forensic evidence from a large sheet of cold metal at the time Coldwater made that post, they'd hardly have put the sheet of metal back in the scrubland, would they?

Coldwater was very  plausible in some ways but also came out with real rubbish (eg he claimed a SY detective he knew socially told him details of the case at a barbecue - yeh, as if).

Also, he was clearly not expecting the case to be shelved, at which point he disappeared never to be heard of again (not as Coldwater, anyway).

To say "Wait until the case is over and you will have your answer" is just silly, sorry. In my opinion, if one or two things Coldwater said turn out to be true, it is because they were lucky guesses, not because he had some inside information.

I'm assuming it's a he, could be a she of course .....

That's only your opinion, nothing else, not proof of anything.
His cover was blown when the data at 3A was hacked.  He was targeted by pro and got into a spot of bother.
What would you do in that situation ? Desist to protect your family (and source possibly) ? Or take further risk?

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Post by nobodythereeither on 03.06.14 20:23

@aiyoyo wrote:
@nobodythereeither wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:
@nobodythereeither wrote:
@Shhh wrote:Here's the coldwater post

"
Quote:
It wasn't a blanket. I understand it was on a large sheet of cold metal - forensic evidence was left behind.
"


From http://msngroup.aimoo.com/madeleinemccann/coldwater.msnw-action=get_message&mview=0&ID_Message=850&LastModified=4675673657248108147.htm

But Coldwater was a wind-up merchant, no?

It's premature to discount CW.  
Wait until the case is over  and you will have your answer.

If the PJ had had forensic evidence from a large sheet of cold metal at the time Coldwater made that post, they'd hardly have put the sheet of metal back in the scrubland, would they?

Coldwater was very  plausible in some ways but also came out with real rubbish (eg he claimed a SY detective he knew socially told him details of the case at a barbecue - yeh, as if).

Also, he was clearly not expecting the case to be shelved, at which point he disappeared never to be heard of again (not as Coldwater, anyway).

To say "Wait until the case is over and you will have your answer" is just silly, sorry. In my opinion, if one or two things Coldwater said turn out to be true, it is because they were lucky guesses, not because he had some inside information.

I'm assuming it's a he, could be a she of course .....

That's only your opinion, nothing else, not proof of anything.
His cover was blown when the data at 3A was hacked.  He was targeted by pro and got into a spot of bother.
What would you do in that situation ? Desist to protect your family (and source possibly) ? Or take further risk?

Of course it's only my opinion, as is much of what I post here.

So you think it's completely possible that a British detective kept Coldwater updated on this case over a few chicken wings on a barbecue do you?

And that Coldwater then passed on all this information on a public forum?

Pigs might fly   big grin  big grin  big grin

In my opinion  big grin  big grin  big grin 

He was a wind up merchant. In my opinion.

____________________


nobodythereeither

Posts : 273
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-11-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Post by Mirage on 03.06.14 20:26

@Hicks wrote:So SY believe that Madeleine died in Praia Da Luz, her body moved at a later date.
Mr Amaral put forward this exact theory (going by the evidence) in 2007.

If Mr Amaral's theory is proven correct I will look forward to reading all the grovelling apologies written by the British newspapers.

I totally agree, Hicks. I had a glance at the Sun while out today and the article referred to GA being the disgraced cop who was removed from the investigation. It made my blood boil. Certain among the press should be sued for defamation when this is over. And those who put their oar in to that investigation at a crucial stage should be publically outed and made accountable.

In the event that this case attains the justice we and many have pushed for, I believe our work should continue until every bigoted sycophant is made to bow their head in shame. They never gave MBM a thought, so intent were they on sucking up.. The whole lot of them make me sick. One thing it has taught me is that I will be far more discriminating about who I pay heed to in the MSM in future. Some have shown themselves to be in the terminal stages of moral collapse.

Also, I would like to say to Cynic Al - that was one superb post on page 74. Very thought-provoking indeed.

____________________
Kate McCann: "It's too 'ot. Give 'im a minute."

Mirage

Posts : 1665
Reputation : 382
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Post by Guest on 03.06.14 20:26

@Shhh wrote:This lair thing.  If it has been hidden away, unsearched in scrubland would it be fair to assume if anything is found in it the perpretator/s were only made aware of such a hides hole through someone with local knowledge?

Yeah, good point. Anybody in mind?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Post by Guest on 03.06.14 20:27

@PeterMac wrote:

Is it just me or is the body language interesting.

Man on right bringing back of hand up to his face to stop himself gagging.
Next man in standing to attention
Girl behind him turning away and pushing past behind him at speed
There is a rubber bucket with lid in the ground behind them, I think

It could of course, like many old spaces, be full of ordure and detritus and dead dogs.  The unreliable ones[/quote]
***
I agree. Peter. The body language is interesting and there's a lot of drama in these scene. I don't think seasoned coppers would turn away from a dead dog.And the woman IMO is seeking some brief comfort from a shoulder, rather then speeding away.

There may a video of this, I only have seen the photo.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Post by Varriott on 03.06.14 20:30

@nobodythereeither wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:
@nobodythereeither wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:
@nobodythereeither wrote:
@Shhh wrote:Here's the coldwater post

"
Quote:
It wasn't a blanket. I understand it was on a large sheet of cold metal - forensic evidence was left behind.
"


From http://msngroup.aimoo.com/madeleinemccann/coldwater.msnw-action=get_message&mview=0&ID_Message=850&LastModified=4675673657248108147.htm

But Coldwater was a wind-up merchant, no?

It's premature to discount CW.  
Wait until the case is over  and you will have your answer.

If the PJ had had forensic evidence from a large sheet of cold metal at the time Coldwater made that post, they'd hardly have put the sheet of metal back in the scrubland, would they?

Coldwater was very  plausible in some ways but also came out with real rubbish (eg he claimed a SY detective he knew socially told him details of the case at a barbecue - yeh, as if).

Also, he was clearly not expecting the case to be shelved, at which point he disappeared never to be heard of again (not as Coldwater, anyway).

To say "Wait until the case is over and you will have your answer" is just silly, sorry. In my opinion, if one or two things Coldwater said turn out to be true, it is because they were lucky guesses, not because he had some inside information.

I'm assuming it's a he, could be a she of course .....

That's only your opinion, nothing else, not proof of anything.
His cover was blown when the data at 3A was hacked.  He was targeted by pro and got into a spot of bother.
What would you do in that situation ? Desist to protect your family (and source possibly) ? Or take further risk?

Of course it's only my opinion, as is much of what I post here.

So you think it's completely possible that a British detective kept Coldwater updated on this case over a few chicken wings on a barbecue do you?

And that Coldwater then passed on all this information on a public forum?

Pigs might fly   big grin  big grin  big grin

In my opinion  big grin  big grin  big grin 

He was a wind up merchant. In my opinion.

Apologies for getting wildly off topic here, but does anyone have a record of coldwater's posts from 3A's?  I remember there was a whole lot of stuff he said that was just plain wrong and never appeared in the case files.  But before the files were made public and when the press turned pro-McCann, I wanted to believe him.

Varriott

Posts : 79
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-31
Location : The Big Apple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Post by Praiaaa on 03.06.14 20:31

@CynicAl wrote:I'll chip in my dose of optimism again, for what it's worth...


No... Something changed. And someone wanted this playing out VERY publicly. They wanted the debates. They wanted cameras once again to focus on two old sniffer dogs, and a harassed and beleaguered Portuguese detective. If those effecting a 'cover up' didn't care about the testimony of two sniffer dogs and a relentless Portuguese Inspector Clouseau before, there is absolutely no more reason to pay them any heed five years later, let alone seven...

Unless something changed. And those involved wanted the public to see that something had changed. And a public that has its attention aroused again, only to be told the same lines again, is not a happy public at all. In fact, it is a public which is already proving that it is turning to websites faster than it is dipping its fingers in its wallets in order to buy another newspaper. This story is not selling papers. And that's why this story is repeatedly portrayed as a secondary headline. This isn't about selling papers. This is about something else. Something that has changed.

In my opinion, of course.

Thanks CynicAL - good focus.

Praiaaa

Posts : 419
Reputation : 36
Join date : 2011-04-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Post by aiyoyo on 03.06.14 20:33

Châtelaine wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:

Is it just me or is the body language interesting.

Man on right bringing back of hand up to his face to stop himself gagging.
Next man in standing to attention
Girl behind him turning away and pushing past behind him at speed
There is a rubber bucket with lid in the ground behind them, I think

It could of course, like many old spaces, be full of ordure and detritus and dead dogs.  The unreliable ones
***
I agree. Peter. The body language is interesting and there's a lot of drama in these scene. I don't think seasoned coppers would turn away from a dead dog.And the woman IMO is seeking some brief comfort from a shoulder, rather then speeding away.

There may a video of this, I only have seen the photo.[/quote]

Dead dog or dead person may not distinguishable just from first glance, but the stench would be enough to cause the body language.


aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Post by roy rovers on 03.06.14 20:35

@aiyoyo wrote:
Châtelaine wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:

Is it just me or is the body language interesting.

Man on right bringing back of hand up to his face to stop himself gagging.
Next man in standing to attention
Girl behind him turning away and pushing past behind him at speed
There is a rubber bucket with lid in the ground behind them, I think

It could of course, like many old spaces, be full of ordure and detritus and dead dogs.  The unreliable ones
***
I agree. Peter. The body language is interesting and there's a lot of drama in these scene. I don't think seasoned coppers would turn away from a dead dog.And the woman IMO is seeking some brief comfort from a shoulder, rather then speeding away.

There may a video of this, I only have seen the photo.

Dead dog or dead person may not distinguishable just from first glance, but the stench would be enough to cause the body language.  

[/quote]

Oh come on they could be saying anything or having a laugh.

roy rovers

Posts : 465
Reputation : 39
Join date : 2012-03-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Digging to start next week - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Post by Guest on 03.06.14 20:35

But incidentally this stenching "box" was found under a metal plate ...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum