The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Something or nothing?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Something or nothing?

Post by Hicks on 31.05.14 21:46

Gollum wrote:
@canada12 wrote:Someone on here mentioned that the twins were being looked after by hired help these days, and that had me thinking, what if the McCanns have hired a live-in nanny to look after the children. What if this was the plan all along anyway, to have a live-in nanny? And in terms of preserving privacy, it would be better to have a live-in nanny live in separate accommodations, rather than in the main house.

So I'm thinking the extension is a live-in nanny flat.

A live in nanny like Catriona Baker for example?

http://www.mccannfiles.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/mccannscatbaker.jpg
Spooky! Been thinking this for the last two hours. I have been trying to find info on the electoral roll for 2006 to see who lived in Rothley Towers at that time. I paid for credits as curiosity got the better of me. Angry to find out that I need to increase my payment to view that info so didn't do it.

I wondered if Catriona  Baker lived with the McCann's just prior to the holiday.

I can't find the info now but their was talk of an argument between the McCann's and a Nanny just before the holiday.

Hicks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 31.05.14 22:36

@Hicks wrote:
Gollum wrote:
@canada12 wrote:Someone on here mentioned that the twins were being looked after by hired help these days, and that had me thinking, what if the McCanns have hired a live-in nanny to look after the children. What if this was the plan all along anyway, to have a live-in nanny? And in terms of preserving privacy, it would be better to have a live-in nanny live in separate accommodations, rather than in the main house.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/mccannscatbaker.jpg
Spooky! Been thinking this for the last two hours. I have been trying to find info on the electoral roll for 2006 to see who lived in Rothley Towers at that time. I paid for credits as curiosity got the better of me. Angry to find out that I need to increase my payment to view that info so didn't do it.

I wondered if Catriona  Baker lived with the McCann's just prior to the holiday.

I can't find the info now but their was talk of an argument between the McCann's and a Nanny just before the holiday.
There does seem to be something rather odd about the relationship between the McCann's and Catriona Baker.  I can't understand why she is so important, especially when you consider she was a named witness put forward by the McCann's  for re-interview by the police (the rogatory interviews).  After all she was only Maddie's carer during daylight hours, it's not as though she had any personal responsibility for Maddie when she disappeared, at least not on the surface.  I have thought perhaps she was asked by the Tapas group to unofficially babysit at night, again it seems odd that on the night of the 3rd she said she was too tired to venture out with her friends, that could indicate that she was in some way actively involved with or at the time of Maddie's alleged disappearance.  I know she said she participated in the search after being told the news but iirc her presence wasn't mentioned by any of the other staff involved in the search.

Then she was swiftly re-located to Greece within days of Madeleine's alleged disappearance.  Why would that be?  Compassionate leave I could understand under the circumstances but why a sudden removal from the Ocean Club complex, never to be heard of until turning up at Rothley by the McCann's invitation in November 2007, later to be re-interviewed?

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 on 31.05.14 23:07

If I was in charge of this investigation Catriona Baker would be high on my list of people to re-interview, and my questions would include the following:

1. Did you know the McCanns prior to their trip to Portugal in April / May 2007?
2. If you did know the McCanns, did you work for them prior to their trip to Portugal in April / May 2007 and in what capacity?
3. If you did work for the McCanns, did you see or overhear anything which might lead you to conclude that there were issues or problems with Madeleine, and / or her parents and / or her relatives and /or her parents' friends?
4. If you did work for the McCanns, was there anything at any point that led to your dismissal or your resignation?
5. What was the nature of your relationship with the McCanns in Portugal in April / May 2007?
6. How much time did you spend with Madeleine in Portugal in April / May 2007?
7. On what exact days and at what exact times were you aware that Madeleine was absent from the creche?
8. Where were you on the night Madeleine "disappeared" from 5A?
9. Why were you relocated to Greece?
10. What was your relationship with the McCanns following Madeleine's disappearance?
11. Did you at any point work for the McCanns following Madeleine's disappearance, and if so, in what capacity?
12. Did you ever give Madeleine a bath?

canada12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kimHager on 31.05.14 23:17

Canada12 u might add:
Did you know Charlotte Pennington before april 2007 and if so what was her association with The Mccann family?

kimHager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 31.05.14 23:47

@canada12 wrote:If I was in charge of this investigation Catriona Baker would be high on my list of people to re-interview, and my questions would include the following:

1. Did you know the McCanns prior to their trip to Portugal in April / May 2007?
2. If you did know the McCanns, did you work for them prior to their trip to Portugal in April / May 2007 and in what capacity?
3. If you did work for the McCanns, did you see or overhear anything which might lead you to conclude that there were issues or problems with Madeleine, and / or her parents and / or her relatives and /or her parents' friends?
4. If you did work for the McCanns, was there anything at any point that led to your dismissal or your resignation?
5. What was the nature of your relationship with the McCanns in Portugal in April / May 2007?
6. How much time did you spend with Madeleine in Portugal in April / May 2007?
7. On what exact days and at what exact times were you aware that Madeleine was absent from the creche?
8. Where were you on the night Madeleine "disappeared" from 5A?
9. Why were you relocated to Greece?
10. What was your relationship with the McCanns following Madeleine's disappearance?
11. Did you at any point work for the McCanns following Madeleine's disappearance, and if so, in what capacity?
12. Did you ever give Madeleine a bath?

The all important question IMO.  Far too many anomalies in the crèche records for my liking, could be slackness on the other hand it could be falsification.  I'm inclined to think the latter.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 31.05.14 23:52

@kimHager wrote:Canada12 u might add:
Did you know Charlotte Pennington before april 2007 and if so what was her association with The Mccann family?

She is another one that doesn't inspire much confidence.  From what I read she seems to be a bit of a fantasist so I'm not quite sure how she might fit in.  I don't trust her, whichever way I'm not convinced that she's straightforward.  Perhaps another one working off the books as an unofficial night nurse?  Anything seems to be possible in this case, at least until the truth is out, like never.

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 on 01.06.14 0:48

Gollum wrote:
@canada12 wrote:

The all important question IMO.  Far too many anomalies in the crèche records for my liking, could be slackness on the other hand it could be falsification.  I'm inclined to think the latter.

And you'll note I would ask, when was she NOT there... not when she WAS there. Because a lot of focus has been put on when she WAS in the creche. I would ask all individuals associated with this case to tell me when Madeleine WASN'T there, because that requires a different memory set. If someone is telling the truth, it's easy - they'll be able to think aloud and say, ah, I don't recall her being there on this day, or that day, at these times, because we did these activities, and I remember she wasn't there to take part. But if someone has to lie, they're going to have a more difficult time recalling when Madeleine was NOT supposed to be there, as opposed to when she WAS apparently there.

canada12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 01.06.14 0:51

It seems Catriona has been living in Northampton according to 192, which is about 38 miles down the M1 from Leicester. For the 2012-2014 electoral info she is living with her Mum and sister. 

There is another entry which could be her as its Northampton in 2006, but without her full initials.  Living with, what could be, her dad. Can't see any entries for her in 2007 - 2011.

She was born in Sept 1987, so only 19 when a nanny at OC.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 on 01.06.14 1:03

@Woofer wrote:It seems Catriona has been living in Northampton according to 192, which is about 38 miles down the M1 from Leicester. For the 2012-2014 electoral info she is living with her Mum and sister. 

There is another entry which could be her as its Northampton in 2006, but without her full initials.  Living with, what could be, her dad. Can't see any entries for her in 2007 - 2011.

Is it possible to list yourself as living at home with Mum and sister, when you are, in fact, living somewhere else? If the residents of both addresses agree to list you as living in the other place?

canada12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 01.06.14 1:23

@canada12 wrote:
@Woofer wrote:It seems Catriona has been living in Northampton according to 192, which is about 38 miles down the M1 from Leicester. For the 2012-2014 electoral info she is living with her Mum and sister. 

Is it possible to list yourself as living at home with Mum and sister, when you are, in fact, living somewhere else? If the residents of both addresses agree to list you as living in the other place?

Yes, but its illegal I'm sure. Perhaps someone else can confirm.

Also on the electoral register RO'B is no longer shown as living with JT in the 2012 roll, though he was shown living with her in 2002-2004 in Leicester. I wonder if you can have your name removed under certain circumstances.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 on 01.06.14 1:57

@Woofer wrote:
@canada12 wrote:

Also on the electoral register RO'B is no longer shown as living with JT in the 2012 roll, though he was shown living with her in 2002-2004 in Leicester. I wonder if you can have your name removed under certain circumstances.

Hmm. That's interesting. Did you check JT separately from RO'B to double-confirm? Can you see where JT is living?

canada12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 01.06.14 10:06

@canada12 wrote:
Gollum wrote:
@canada12 wrote:

And you'll note I would ask, when was she NOT there... not when she WAS there. Because a lot of focus has been put on when she WAS in the creche. I would ask all individuals associated with this case to tell me when Madeleine WASN'T there, because that requires a different memory set. If someone is telling the truth, it's easy - they'll be able to think aloud and say, ah, I don't recall her being there on this day, or that day, at these times, because we did these activities, and I remember she wasn't there to take part. But if someone has to lie, they're going to have a more difficult time recalling when Madeleine was NOT supposed to be there, as opposed to when she WAS apparently there.

The crèche records are crucial to solving this case imo. Interesting that Kate in her book comments on people's surprise that she has such memory for detail, something she ascribes both to the shock of Maddie vanishing bringing seeming trivia into sharp focus and to the advice given to her shortly after the disappearance, to keep a detailed diary.
 Kate had this diary and also the files at her disposal when writing her book, which made me raise an eyebrow not only at the silence over the Monday[30th April, which matched the skipping this day in the police statements] but also at the following :

Tuesday  May 1st is where we read about the tennis ball photo and  is also the day of the post-lunchtime beach trip with the borrowed buggy. Kate says that Maddie wanted to return to crèche after this beach outing and so they put the children in their crèches for the last HOUR AND A HALF.

Given the time of the usual McCann crèche pick-up late afternoon/early evening, I was surprised to see that Maddie is signed in at 2.30 pm, but not signed out. Even had Maddie left at 4pm, this is not the last 90 minutes of crèche time according to when the nannies would bring the children out to meet their families, if they had not been collected earlier.

Maddie went late to crèche on the Monday, when she was signed in after 3 pm and only stayed for 15 minutes.

So there is a discrepancy on Tuesday, when she was signed in at what was a usual time for her, although Kate says all 3 had a shorter stay in crèche that afternoon due to the beach trip with the borrowed buggy and it reads as though they should have signed around 3.30 for the last 90 minutes.

So was beach day the Monday?

And we still need to factor in the evidence of Gerry McCann, on the first full holiday day, Sunday 29th, appearing to sign in 2 girls but not using his signature for both, instead seeming to imitate that of the father of Elizabeth Naylor - the evidence is there in front of the police's eyes. He had not at that stage had the time to get to know fellow holidaymakers, yet there he is, writing the name of a second girl and not bracketing both names with his own signature as I would expect to see had he been signing another girl in with the permission of a parent.

Worth very close scrutiny imo, those records of Maddie's crèche NON- attendance.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 01.06.14 10:26

Re the Electoral Register, it is possible to opt out of being on the edited version.

http://ico.org.uk/for_the_public/topic_specific_guides/electoral_register

Interesting though if R O'B has suddenly vanished........

Back to top Go down

Post by sammyc on 01.06.14 10:37

You beat me to it NFWTD, opting out of the edited version, you have to go to local Council buildings such as libraries and Town Halls and ask to view the unedited version afaik.  You don't have to give a reason for requesting to view either -it's a Public Record.

sammyc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 01.06.14 10:53

@canada12 wrote:
@Woofer wrote:
@canada12 wrote:

Hmm. That's interesting. Did you check JT separately from RO'B to double-confirm? Can you see where JT is living?
Yes, she is shown as living on her own in Exeter.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 on 01.06.14 10:58

@Woofer wrote:
@canada12 wrote:
@Woofer wrote:
@canada12 wrote:

Yes, she is shown as living on her own in Exeter.

Now that is very interesting.
Is this fallout from Madeleine's disappearance?
Is it possible JT and / or ROB might be whistleblowers?
All IMO. Very strongly IMO.

canada12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 01.06.14 11:13

Gollum wrote:

Cat Baker had been invited to the secret meeting on 17 November 2007, hadn't she? Those photos are dated 25 November.

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 01.06.14 11:15

Hi Canada- This is from the 2012 roll so she's been listed as on her own for 2 years.  But as someone just said maybe its an edited version. I believe all the other T7 are shown - I'll check.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 01.06.14 17:08

@Woofer wrote:
@canada12 wrote:

It is not illegal.

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg on 01.06.14 17:21

Very interesting find!

Wasn't there some rumour about a possible breakdown for ROB? Maybe it was just a rumour but I seem to remember something. Also he never showed up to that photo when all (except him) of the TAPAS 7 lined up at the steps after receiving payout..

Maybe one or the other of them found a conscience. Very very interesting...

HelenMeg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 01.06.14 17:26

RO'B still working:

http://medicine.exeter.ac.uk/about/profiles/index.php?web_id=Russell_OBrien

How they all hold down jobs when they are involved in a high-profile case such as this beats me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 01.06.14 19:48

Ive been checking the ICO register and you can have your name withdrawn.

"
How can I opt out of the edited register?
If you do not want your details on the electoral register made more widely available, you will need to show you do not want this by marking or ticking the box on the electoral registration form sent to every household once a year by your local authority. However, you can also opt out at any time of year by contacting your electoral registration officer.

It is important to understand that if you do not indicate you do not want your information to be made more widely available then, by default, the personal details you provide on the voter registration form will be included on both the full and the edited versions of the register. This means they will be made available to anyone who wants to buy the edited version.

In addition, those who believe that having their name and address on the electoral register would put them, or anyone who lives with them, at risk can apply for anonymous registration. Ask your electoral registration officer for further information."

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shhh on 01.06.14 19:49

I found this as well -

Land reg prices, 2002 saw No.5 sell for only 60k compared to rest of street

http://houseprices.landregistry.gov.uk/sold-prices/the%20crescent%20le7

?????? Cheap as chips

Shhh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 01.06.14 20:16

@Shhh wrote:I found this as well -

Land reg prices, 2002 saw No.5 sell for only 60k compared to rest of street

http://houseprices.landregistry.gov.uk/sold-prices/the%20crescent%20le7

?????? Cheap as chips

I remember this being looked at a long while back, whether it was just a piece of land, and they built their home, whether a relative had sold it to them cheaply, whether it was an printing error.
It might even have been discussed on another forum, some members here belong to MM as well, so maybe someone can recall what was reached as a conclusion or whether it remained un-explained.
Anyone got a memory of this ? As it stands, it certainly is a wide ball.

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shhh on 01.06.14 20:37

From memory the other properties sold for more than double that.  The planning permission for the land the crescent was built on is on google but it didn't look to be of any importance

Shhh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum