The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Now shown on Channel 5: 'THE McCANNS AND THE CONMAN'

Page 4 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Now shown on Channel 5: 'THE McCANNS AND THE CONMAN'

Post by Cristobell on 23.05.14 16:01

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@margaret wrote:
How is the programme being approached, do you know Tony?

Is it 'Poor McCanns got scammed' or 'questioning their use of a conman'?
I'm awfully sorry, margaret, I have absolutely no knowledge about that, it's fairly obvious, though, that Halligen's not going to come out of it well.

There is a clue in the title: 'The McCanns and the Conman', so it's not just going to be a demolition job on Halligen, nor is it going to be majoring on Halligen's dodgy and equally unhelpful role in the Trafigura tragedy - it looks like it will be about why the McCanns chose Halligen.

You'll be aware that Halligen got a brief mention in Dr Kate McCann's book 'madeleine' (pp. 283-4).

She claims that "The first and second phases of the contract [with Halligen] ran fairly smoothly. Oakley put in place systems to gather, collate, prioritise and follow up the information coming in as a result of appeals Gerry and I made around the first anniversary of Madeleine's abduction".

Kennedy and Halligen contracted out the response to 'phone calls to their 'Investigation Hotline' to Virginia, U.S.-based company, iJet.

The McCanns' catchy slogan ran:

"Pick up the 'phone  - and bring Madeleine home".

But a Mail on Sunday article back in 2009 flatly contradicted the claim made in Kate's book:

The company he hired was called iJet. Its Director, Johan Selle, however, told the Mail on Sunday that neither the McCann Team nor Kevin Halligen nor anyone else had followed up a single call made to the so-called hotline.  This is what Daniel Boffey of the Mail on Sunday wrote.
The headline ran: “iJet Director claims that the McCanns never followed up calls to their telephone hot-line - Madeleine McCann investigator didn't listen to ANY tip-offs given to hotline”.

He continued:
“Perhaps of most concern about Halligen is the lack of attention paid to the hundreds of phone calls received by the Madeleine hotline. Halligen and Oakley International, based in Washington, failed to listen to a single call received on the hotline set up for potential informants by Kate and Gerry McCann last year. Johan Selle, the Director of Operations at iJet revealed that for a year nobody even asked his company if they could listen to any of the calls received. He said his operators, in Annapolis, Virginia, had answered 'hundreds of calls', but the information seemed wasted - possibly squandering valuable leads.

“He said: ‘We delivered Oakley a report with a summary of the calls and said if they wanted to come back they could listen to the recording, but nobody did. For someone with an understanding of the case it would be very easy for some to say that maybe 80 or 90 per cent of the calls were hogwash, but there may be a percentage where one would say: ‘maybe we should listen to this one or listen to that one’. But our understanding is that this never took place. 'We are not sure whether Halligen provided our report to the family or to the trust or to those working with them or to the teams working after him, because no one came back to us. 'We sent the report to the Oakley group and our assumption was that they were using it as a piece in the puzzle. But it appears that wasn't the case’. The firm says it was not paid for its services by either Halligen or Oakley International”.
Always grateful for your excellent research Tony  smilie  I had not come across this one before and it has left me speechless!

"Pick up the 'phone  - and bring Madeleine home".

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 23.05.14 16:03

@jeanmonroe wrote:
@plebgate wrote:
@ShuBob wrote:Richard Desmond owns Channel 5.

Just saying.....
hmm very interesting.

I wonder if there will be any news as to whether KG are thinking of pressing criminal charges?????????

against whom?

NOT Halligen.

C Mitchell and the 'fund' said they were quite 'happy with his work'.

IIRC,
I thought I had read somewhere that the very clever Mr. was not happy and it was he who said that the payments to Halligen had to stop?

If that is the case why would Mr. not  want Halligen at least interviewed by the police, not happy, stopped payments - WHY??????

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob on 23.05.14 16:07

Plebgate, a rhetorical question, surely  titter 

ShuBob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 23.05.14 16:13

titter  @Shubob

It will be interesting to see whether this question is covered in the Channel 5 programme though.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 23.05.14 16:27

@Angelique wrote:This seems very timely - it could go either way.

I am getting the feeling though that we may be travelling in the wrong direction - it could well be "those poor McCanns" they have suffered so much and now we hear they were conned - let's donate some more.

TM must have "last resort" contingency plans if the Fund drops to a certain level - maybe this is one of them?
Much will depend on whether the McCanns have co-operated with the program makers.  Victims of scams usually do as they are keen to put their side of the story and to explain how they were duped.   

If it is an honest investigation that reveals the true story behind Hallegan, then the McCanns are in deep trouble.   If it is an attempt to portray the couple as victims, it will not do much for credibility of the program and its makers if the result 'expected in the next few weeks' proves that the McCanns were complicit in their daughter's disappearance.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

BATES WELLS BRAITHWAITE

Post by PeterMac on 23.05.14 16:51

Let us not forget the role of Bates Well Braithwaite, Solicitors for the "Fund".
Having told me a deliberate untruth in response to a question about M3, they should surely then have been on notice to due even more "due Diligence" when it came to Halligen.

11 January 2008
Dear Sir,
Madeleine’s Fund - Leaving No Stone Unturned Limited
We acknowledge receipt of your letter dated 22 december 2007 which was also sent to the auditors of Madeleine’s Fund, Haysmacintyre.  We are also replying on behalf of Haysmacintyre.
We are advised by our client that reports in the media purporting to be from the investigators, which made claims as to when Madeleine would be found are inaccurate and misrepresentations of their views.
Our client has every confidence in the investigators who continue the search for Madeleine.
Yours faithfully
Bates  Wells & Braithwaite London LLP

followed by me to them -
5 June 2011
Dear Sirs,
MADELEINE’S FUND - LEAVING NO STONE UNTURNED LIMITED
On 22 December 2007 I wrote to you concerning your part in the appointment and retention of the ‘Detective Agency” Metodo3, and specifically drawing your attention to the words of one of the principal investigators, to the effect that the agency was closing in on the criminal involved and that Madeleine McCann would be home by Christmas.
You had the courtesy to reply, and your reply included the sentences -
“We are advised by our client that reports in the media purporting to be from the investigators, which made claims as to when Madeleine would be found are inaccurate and misrepresentations of their views.  
Our client has every confidence in the investigators who continue the search for Madeleine.”

In Mrs McCann’s recent book,  ‘Madeleine’,  she says specifically and in detail, that Metodo3 did in fact make this statement.   I quote -
P. 283  “We have no doubt that M3 made significant strides, but unfortunately in mid-December, one of their senior investigators gave an overly optimistic interview to the media.   He implied that the team were close to finding Madeleine and declared that he hoped she would be home by Christmas.”
It follows therefore that you were either kept in ignorance of the facts by your clients, or were deliberately misrepresenting the truth on their behalf.  
Since the management of the Fund is of great public interest and concern, I would be interested in your response to this.
Yours faithfully
to which, strangely, I have yet to receive an acknowledgement or a reply !

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey on 23.05.14 17:12

@PeterMac wrote:Let us not forget the role of Bates Well Braithwaite, Solicitors for the "Fund".
Having told me a deliberate untruth in response to a question about M3, they should surely then have been on notice to due even more "due Diligence" when it came to Halligen.

11 January 2008
Dear Sir,
Madeleine’s Fund - Leaving No Stone Unturned Limited
We acknowledge receipt of your letter dated 22 december 2007 which was also sent to the auditors of Madeleine’s Fund, Haysmacintyre.  We are also replying on behalf of Haysmacintyre.
We are advised by our client that reports in the media purporting to be from the investigators, which made claims as to when Madeleine would be found are inaccurate and misrepresentations of their views.
Our client has every confidence in the investigators who continue the search for Madeleine.
Yours faithfully
Bates  Wells & Braithwaite London LLP

followed by me to them -
5 June 2011
Dear Sirs,
MADELEINE’S FUND - LEAVING NO STONE UNTURNED LIMITED
On 22 December 2007 I wrote to you concerning your part in the appointment and retention of the ‘Detective Agency” Metodo3, and specifically drawing your attention to the words of one of the principal investigators, to the effect that the agency was closing in on the criminal involved and that Madeleine McCann would be home by Christmas.
You had the courtesy to reply, and your reply included the sentences -
“We are advised by our client that reports in the media purporting to be from the investigators, which made claims as to when Madeleine would be found are inaccurate and misrepresentations of their views.  
Our client has every confidence in the investigators who continue the search for Madeleine.”

In Mrs McCann’s recent book,  ‘Madeleine’,  she says specifically and in detail, that Metodo3 did in fact make this statement.   I quote -
P. 283  “We have no doubt that M3 made significant strides, but unfortunately in mid-December, one of their senior investigators gave an overly optimistic interview to the media.   He implied that the team were close to finding Madeleine and declared that he hoped she would be home by Christmas.”
It follows therefore that you were either kept in ignorance of the facts by your clients, or were deliberately misrepresenting the truth on their behalf.  
Since the management of the Fund is of great public interest and concern, I would be interested in your response to this.
Yours faithfully
to which, strangely, I have yet to receive an acknowledgement or a reply !

Pure brilliance! Hoisted by their own petard!!

Okeydokey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 23.05.14 18:04

@Okeydokey wrote:
Pure brilliance! Hoist by their own petard!!
But this applies to almost everyone who has soiled their hands with the McCann case.
The solicitors should have done due diligence - and clearly didn't - and then tried to lie their way out of my enquiry
The Auditors Haysmackintyre ditto - but even more
The Directors of the Fund, once any of them became at all suspicious - and remember McVey bailed out fairly quickly, as did more recently one of the Senior Surgeons (IIRC) !

Lawyers like C-R simply do what they are told if they are paid enough, but we saw that they did not believe the McCanns - and admitted as much through Mrs Martorell
His Honour Mr Justice Tugendhat was also not buying the story - and said as much on the record - though he was considering a side issue
The family have been notably silent over the past few years

But the people who have stuck with them all along, Directors, Spokes-creatures, Tapas purveyors of strange and inconsistent stories
must all stand together.
Just as all those who knew about Savile and the rest of those creatures are gradually being exposed.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasputin on 23.05.14 18:08

Clarence Mitchell, spokesman for Mr
and Mrs McCann, said: "Due
diligence was carried out before
Oakley were employed on behalf of
the Madeleine fund. Money was paid
for work satisfactorily carried out in
the early months but questions were
raised later on and the contract was
terminated. The matter is considered
closed."
"DUE DILIGENCE WAS 'CARRIED OUT'
BEFORE OAKLEY INTERNATIONAL
WERE 'EMPLOYED'"

Similar diligence was obviously used when selecting libel witnesses ...( take note electorate of Brighton )

Rasputin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 23.05.14 18:43

@The Rooster wrote:Who in their right mind would hand over £700K representing a serious percentage of the fund accumulated to a Johnny come lately, for services of a somewhat secretive nature.  I'm not buying the search scenario.  That's far to clean an explanation.  So what was the real reason?
@ The Rooster:

Ask Brian Kennedy himself.

Whether it was 700 grand or 300 grand or whatever, he hired Halligen/Exton/Oakley (formed incidentally AFTER Madeleine was reported missing), he would have paid or authorised the payments. 

While you're about it, please also ask him whether, as claimed, the money was paid straight into one of his holding companies, and then next day on to another one.

Finally, try asking him if he could let you have a copy of the 'tree' of his hundreds of companies and holding companies, and sub-holding companies. Unfortunately Chatelaine has lost her copy

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 23.05.14 19:02

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@The Rooster wrote:Who in their right mind would hand over £700K representing a serious percentage of the fund accumulated to a Johnny come lately, for services of a somewhat secretive nature.  I'm not buying the search scenario.  That's far to clean an explanation.  So what was the real reason?
@ The Rooster:

Ask Brian Kennedy himself.

Whether it was 700 grand or 300 grand or whatever, he hired Halligen/Exton/Oakley (formed incidentally AFTER Madeleine was reported missing), he would have paid or authorised the payments. 

While you're about it, please also ask him whether, as claimed, the money was paid straight into one of his holding companies, and then next day on to another one.

Finally, tryasking him if he could let you have a copy of the 'tree' of his hundreds of companies and holding companies, and sub-holding companies. Unfortunately Chatelaine has lost her copy
http://themccanngallery.blogspot.com/2010/08/hey-up-theres-trouble-at-tkennedy-mill.html

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23.05.14 19:04

I also have the problem, that anything prior to 2009 cannot be read by my constantly updated computers anymore.
I found some, which MAY have been my source, but  I cannot read them anymore.
So, it may have been even before 2009, that I discovered the "Christmas tree" of companies.
I will continue to search, though, as soon as I've taken care of a very sick dog [again].
And I'll report straight back.
It was breathtaking: the circulation of money from company to company to company and in the end taken as dividends ...

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 23.05.14 19:18

MR BRIAN GEORGE KENNEDY

Information from appointment at PATRICK PROPERTIES POLAND LIMITED

Former Appointments
[th]Company[/th][th]Role[/th][th]Appointed[/th][th]Status[/th][th][/th]
BUILDING PLASTICS HOLDINGS LIMITEDDirector5 Aug 2005Resigned (4 Jul 2007)Details
CDW PRODUCTS LIMITEDDirector5 Mar 1999Resigned (7 Oct 2002)Details
CELUFORM LIMITEDDirector31 Jan 2002Resigned (8 Dec 2006)Details
CET GLASS PROCESSORS (HOLDINGS) LIMITEDDirector31 Jan 2002Resigned (20 Sep 2002)Details
CHESHIRE SPORT PROMOTIONS LIMITEDDirector27 Mar 2002Resigned (8 Dec 2006)Details
DATAPHONE (MANCHESTER) LIMITEDDirector31 Jan 2002Resigned (7 May 2002)Details
DURADOOR LIMITEDDirector9 Jul 2002Resigned (7 Oct 2002)Details
DURAFLEX LIMITEDDirector31 Jan 2002Resigned (31 Dec 2005)Details
DURAPLAS LIMITEDDirector9 Jul 2002Resigned (7 Oct 2002)Details
EVER 1951 LIMITEDDirector17 Apr 2003Resigned (4 Sep 2007)Details
GB WENDLAND ROOFS LIMITEDDirector9 Jul 2002Resigned (31 Mar 2003)Details
HOUSINGAGENT SERVICES LIMITEDDirector5 Mar 1999Resigned (4 Oct 2000)Details
HOUSINGAGENT SERVICES LIMITEDDirector15 Apr 2002Resigned (1 Sep 2002)Details
HW PLASTICS LIMITEDDirector11 Jan 2012Resigned (5 Dec 2012)Details
INDIGO PRODUCTS LIMITEDDirector3 Aug 2006Resigned (8 Dec 2006)Details
KESTREL-BCE LIMITEDDirector24 Oct 2005Resigned (4 Jul 2007)Details
LATIUM BUILDING PRODUCTS LIMITEDDirector24 Oct 2005Resigned (4 Jul 2007)Details
LATIUM HELICOPTER CHARTERS LIMITEDDirector6 Sep 2002Resigned (8 Dec 2006)Details
LATIUM HOLDINGS LIMITEDDirector15 May 2006Resigned (4 Jul 2007)Details
LATIUM MEDICAL LIMITEDDirector1 Jan 2006Resigned (4 Jul 2007)Details
LATIUM MUSTANG JET SERVICES LIMITEDDirector17 Mar 2008Resigned (1 Feb 2010)Details
LATIUM ROOFING SYSTEMS LIMITEDDirector18 May 2006Resigned (4 Jul 2007)Details
MANCHESTER SALE RUGBY CLUB LIMITEDDirector2 May 2000Resigned (8 Dec 2006)Details
NE INVESTMENTS LIMITEDDirector1 Aug 2007Resigned (1 Feb 2010)Details
PATRICK PROPERTIES POLAND LIMITEDDirector16 Dec 2008Resigned (5 Jan 2009)
SCOTPLAS LIMITEDDirector20 Jan 1994Resigned (31 Mar 2003)Details
SCOTPLAS LIMITEDDirector31 Mar 2003Resigned (8 Dec 2006)Details
SKB REALISATIONS LIMITEDDirector31 Dec 1988Resigned (1 Sep 2002)Details
SPACE KITCHENS (HOLDINGS) LIMITEDDirector24 Jul 2006Resigned (8 Dec 2006)Details
SPECTUS SYSTEMS LIMITEDDirector24 Oct 2005Resigned (4 Jul 2007)Details
ST HELENS GLASS LIMITEDDirector12 Apr 2001Resigned (1 Sep 2002)Details
TRADE FRAMES HOLDINGS LIMITEDDirector3 Aug 2006Resigned (8 Dec 2006)Details
TRENTHAM LOGISTICS LIMITEDDirector24 Oct 2005Resigned (8 Dec 2006)Details
ULTRAFRAME LIMITEDDirector10 Jul 2006Resigned (4 Jul 2007)Details
WEATHERSEAL (SCOTLAND) LIMITEDDirector1 Dec 1991Resigned (19 Oct 2002)Details
WENDLAND CONSERVATORIES LIMITEDDirector9 Jul 2002Resigned (7 Oct 2002)Details
WENDLAND ROOF SOLUTIONS LIMITEDDirector9 Jul 2002Resigned (7 Oct 2002)Details
WILMSLOW NORTHERN PROPERTIES LIMITEDDirector16 Aug 2006Resigned (1 Feb 2010)Details
WINEP 59 LIMITEDDirector17 Jun 1999Resigned (1 Sep 2002)Details

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 23.05.14 20:53

@sallypelt wrote:MR BRIAN GEORGE KENNEDY

LATIUM HELICOPTER CHARTERS LIMITEDDirector6 Sep 2002Resigned (8 Dec 2006)Details
LATIUM MUSTANG JET SERVICES LIMITEDDirector17 Mar 2008Resigned (1 Feb 2010)Details

Plus nice pics of Kennedy's palatial mansion at Swettenham Hall, near Congleton, Cheshire:

https://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGRP_enGB506GB507&q=swettenham+hall+pics

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 23.05.14 22:00

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@sallypelt wrote:MR BRIAN GEORGE KENNEDY

Plus nice pics of Kennedy's palatial mansion at Swettenham Hall, near Congleton, Cheshire:

https://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGRP_enGB506GB507&q=swettenham+hall+pics

And one can't fail to notice some of the surnames in the list of directors of some of the companies that Brian Kennedy is/was involved in. Healy, Obrien, Oldfield etc. All coincidences, of course!!

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey on 23.05.14 23:07

@PeterMac wrote:
@Okeydokey wrote:
Pure brilliance! Hoist by their own petard!!
But this applies to almost everyone who has soiled their hands with the McCann case.
The solicitors should have done due diligence - and clearly didn't - and then tried to lie their way out of my enquiry
The Auditors Haysmackintyre ditto - but even more
The Directors of the Fund, once any of them became at all suspicious - and remember McVey bailed out fairly quickly, as did more recently one of the Senior Surgeons (IIRC)  !

Lawyers like C-R simply do what they are told if they are paid enough, but we saw that they did not believe the McCanns - and admitted as much through Mrs Martorell
His Honour Mr Justice Tugendhat was also not buying the story - and said as much on the record - though he was considering a side issue
The family have been notably silent over the past few years

But the people who have stuck with them all along, Directors, Spokes-creatures, Tapas purveyors of strange and inconsistent stories
must all stand together.
Just as all those who knew about Savile and the rest of those creatures are gradually being exposed.

"The family have been notably silent over the past few years" - very true.

While they were in the Arguido zone, it was vital for them to meet the Pope, tour European cities and speak with the FBI etc etc All absolutely essential to finding their daughter of course - so they constantly assured us. But then, suddenly, once their "innocence" was established, that imperative seemed to fade.  It is only recently - and I think the best explanation is the libel trial - that they have raised their profile again.

I believe the McCanns' top priority is to prevent publication of Amaral's book in an English edition by a reputable publisher.

Okeydokey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 23.05.14 23:18

I believe the McCanns' top priority is to prevent publication of Amaral's book in an English edition by a reputable publisher.
----------------------------------------------

Not to worry.

Apparently you can find loads of copies of GA's book, in any number of book shops, in the UK, according to McCann witness, Emma Loach, at the libel 'claim' case.

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by margaret on 24.05.14 0:15

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@margaret wrote:
How is the programme being approached, do you know Tony?

Is it 'Poor McCanns got scammed' or 'questioning their use of a conman'?
I'm awfully sorry, margaret, I have absolutely no knowledge about that, it's fairly obvious, though, that Halligen's not going to come out of it well.

There is a clue in the title: 'The McCanns and the Conman', so it's not just going to be a demolition job on Halligen, nor is it going to be majoring on Halligen's dodgy and equally unhelpful role in the Trafigura tragedy - it looks like it will be about why the McCanns chose Halligen.

Thanks for answering that Tony, fingers crossed then. I expect c5 will get one or two barbs into the Mccanns...  thumbsup 

margaret

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasputin on 24.05.14 6:40

Do we as yet know the name of the production company involved in this ?

Rasputin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot on 24.05.14 7:48

Sorry if this has been posted previously (read back through last 5 or so pages & cant see it).

Update at http://tvcatchup.com/programme/387357/the-mccanns-and-the-conman

"The McCanns and the Conman"
Former operatives for MI5 and the FBI and ex-military personnel talk about security consultant Kevin Halligen, who touted himself as a spy and set up an investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann in 2008. It transpired that Halligen was not a secret agent, but significant information and leads uncovered during his Operation Omega have gone on to form a part of the current Scotland Yard inquiry to find out what happened to the girl

Gillyspot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on 24.05.14 8:01

that sounds interesting

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 24.05.14 8:21

Slightly different wording under Episode 1 guide

"This documentary explores the story of 'Operation Omega' in which a man named Kevin Halligen convinced the parents of missing Madeleine McCann, he was a secret agent. It soon transpired he had actually been conning the family the whole time, however, evidence he had gathered has since been used in the Scotland Yard case. In this film, ex-FBI agents, ex-military officers and ex-MI5 personnel discuss the con and the subsequent use of evidence. "

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 24.05.14 8:34

@Gillyspot wrote:
"The McCanns and the Conman"
Former operatives for MI5 and the FBI and ex-military personnel talk about security consultant Kevin Halligen, who touted himself as a spy and set up an investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann in 2008. It transpired that Halligen was not a secret agent, but significant information and leads uncovered during his Operation Omega have gone on to form a part of the current Scotland Yard inquiry to find out what happened to the girl

1.  re: "...who touted himself as a spy and set up an investigation into the disappearance..."

This should really read  "...who touted himself as a spy and claimed to have set up an investigation into the disappearance..."

++++++++++

2.  re:  "...significant information and leads uncovered during his Operation Omega have gone on to form a part of the current Scotland Yard inquiry to find out what happened to the girl..."

The very idea that Halligen - amidst his marathon drinking sessions in a London club, his 'high life' of living it up in expensive hotels in London, New York and Italy with his doctor girlfriend Shirin Trachiotis, and his totally bizarre plots such as hiring an actor to pretend to be a drunken priest who would seek confessions as he toured the bars of Praia da Luz - is utterly preposterous. It's a sign that this programme is going to be another whitewash: 'Innocent McCanns duped by cunning conman

++++++++++

3.   re:  "significant information and leads uncovered during his Operation Omega have gone on to form a part of the current Scotland Yard inquiry to find out what happened to the girl..."

The claim that Scotland Yard has made any use whatever of Halligen's work - other than perhaps pulling Brian Kennedy and the Directors of Madeleine's Fund in for questioning about why they spent money on someone who wasted £500,000-plus-expenses of money donated by a willing and generous British public - is equally risible. It looks like an attempt by Channel 5 to turn the potential PR disaster for the McCanns that was Kevin Halligen into something which has helped DCI Redwood and his team of 37.5 officers to pursue worthwhile 'leads' and 'actions'. That is self-evidently patent nonsense.

++++++++++

4. Woofer wrote: Slightly different wording under Episode 1 guide: "This documentary explores the story of 'Operation Omega' in which a man named Kevin Halligen convinced the parents of missing Madeleine McCann, he was a secret agent. It soon transpired he had actually been conning the family the whole time, however, evidence he had gathered has since been used in the Scotland Yard case. In this film, ex-FBI agents, ex-military officers and ex-MI5 personnel discuss the con and the subsequent use of evidence. "

The 'subsequent use of evidence'??? Channel 5 will be treating us to professed experts claiming that Kevin Halligen has contributed something useful to the search for Madeleine McCann???  I fear the worst. I will not be able to bear watching it. 

++++++++++

5.  re:   "significant information and leads uncovered during his Operation Omega have gone on to form a part of the current Scotland Yard inquiry to find out what happened to the girl..."

More pretentious rubbish.

Except perhaps that there is a clue in the title of this so-called operation.

Alpha: the first letter of the Greek Alphabet.
Omega: the last letter of the Greek Alphabet.

As in: Revelation 1 v 8, Revelation 1 v 11, Revelation 21 v 6, Revelation 22 v 13: "I am the Alpha and the Omega: the first and the last", saith the Lord. In other words: "I was there from eternity, from before the beginning of time; I am coming back at the end of time when the world ends".

Maybe the word 'Omega' is yet another clue, after Mark Rowley's 'we may draw a blank' earlier this week, that now we are moving into the endgame, the closure of this 'complete mystery', the announcement by DCI Redwood in a few months' time that 'it is impossible to find the abductor'.

The endgame has arrived.

++++++++++

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus 2 on 24.05.14 9:15

Significant information and leads uncovered during his Operation Omega have gone on to form a part of the current Scotland Yard inquiry to find out what happened to the girl

Perhaps he is the only one with real legit  imformation and the rest of them dont like it.

transpired he had actually been conning the family the whole time, in what respect ?

and the subsequent use of evidence he found which is ? might get a clearer picture if we know.

Markus 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 24.05.14 9:25

If this is what is going to be shown in the prog. " transpires the family was being conned the whole time,"  maybe more and more people will ask  -

HAS ANY DIRECTOR FROM THE FUND OR KG THEMSELVES REPORTED THIS TO THE COPS FOR INVESTIGATION?

IF NOT, WHY NOT?

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum