The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Esther McVey donation

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Esther McVey donation

Post by Mirage on 22.05.14 17:30

I see McVey is coming under fire for accepting a £10k donation from the Chairman and CEO of the Arbuthnot Banking Group. The group owns Everyday Loans which offer loans at APR 80%. Not great PR for the Employment minister already unpopular with poor/disabled/disadvantaged

The comments on the DM site and the Liverpool Echo are pretty hostile.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2635695/Tory-employment-minister-fire-accepted-10-000-donation-boss-high-loans-firm.html#comments

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/wirral-mp-esther-mcvey-receives-7148489

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Esther McVey donation

Post by russiandoll on 22.05.14 17:47

The comments are hostile for many reasons I would think - here are two  :

1. Mc Vey[ from Merseyside], spent time while the Hillsborough Memorial event was taking place a few weeks ago, tweeting against Wirral Labour councillors.

2. She is a self-serving loser.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 22.05.14 22:14

@russiandoll wrote:The comments are hostile for many reasons I would think - here are two  :

1. Mc Vey[ from Merseyside], spent time while the Hillsborough Memorial event was taking place a few weeks ago, tweeting against Wirral Labour councillors.

2. She is a self-serving loser.
Excellent comments me thinks.   She certainly aint the glamour puss she tried to be in the awful photoshoot that was posted a while back on this site.   Who could possibly take her seriously?

Another one I hope gets voted out next year.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 22.05.14 23:19

She now sits on the Privy Council advising the Queen. A meteoric rise and one has to wonder why that is. I understand the usual route to the Privy Council is via long service and accumulated wisdom; the idea being to utilise that wealth of experience to inform, guide and advise the Monarch on constitutional matters. I fail to see evidence of her satisfying any of these criteria.

I can't imagine directorship of the McCann fund would have helped pave the way into such rarefied echelons - would it?

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 25.05.14 21:34

Good post Mirage, yes, it does make one wonder, it certainly does.

Maybe the Queen is thinking of doing a cover shoot for one of the glossies?   More up McVey's street imo.   titter   On second thoughts - maybe not. laughat

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by juliet on 26.05.14 10:59

I can't believe that someone as mediocre as McVey has shot up into the heart of the establishment so quickly. Then again, she sure as anything knows what the McCanns are hiding. She is also keeping that secret. It seems to be to her credit that she dumped them and their fund so sharply, but she is using what she knows, in my opinion, to her own advantage.

juliet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum