The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity

Page 2 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity

Post by gbwales on 22.05.14 12:36


Mr Rowley did not give details about what the next phase would involve, but said officers were working through every credible line of inquiry as part of the "slog of a major investigation".

In fairness, they have pretty much exhausted all the incredible lines of inquiry...

____________________
"You can't stop the signal, Mal. Everything goes somewhere and I go everywhere."

Mr Universe to Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

gbwales

Posts : 297
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-08-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity

Post by Guest on 22.05.14 12:40

From the Press Gazzette.

British journalists have been urged not to "crowd out and hound down" officers investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann ahead of a "substantial upcoming phase of work in Portugal".
At an Operation Grange media briefing this morning at New Scotland Yard, attended by Press Gazette, assistant commissioner Mark Rowley also asked journalists to avoid "hyperbole" and to not publish "any information ahead of our actions".
Rowley told journalists they had been “very helpful to date”, before adding: “I think there’s a tendency sometimes on this case, because it has such interest, for hyperbole in some of the reporting and it’s not helpful if everything we do is reported as a breakthrough, significant development, or both... I think I want to keep expectations down.”
He added: “In terms of your reporting, it would be I think really helpful if whatever reporting you do over the next few weeks as the activity takes place, if you try and put it in that context.”
He said that the McCanns' statement earlier this month, in which they said they were "dismayed" by "media interference" in the police's work, “reflects our view”.
Rowley told journalists that the “media scrum” surrounding developments earlier this month were “disruptive” and created a “chaotic and dysfunctional” atmosphere.
Rowley's request that journalists should not publish information ahead of Operation Grange actions was described as a “big ask” by The Guardian’s crime editor, Sandra Laville.
Talking about the McCann case she told Rowley: “Looking atwhat was said in Leveson and what Leicestershire Police didn’t guide on re[garding] whether the family were suspects, a bit of guidance there would have saved the family an awful lot of stress actually.
“And I think if we get information ahead of something, I would come to you and seek guidance.
“And I would have thought in a grown-up relationship that would still be possible, shouldn’t it? Because otherwise you lose complete control of it. And you get rumours flying from Portugal and from the British media.”
Rowley told Laville that he was not against giving guidance, but said he would be concerned about journalists coming for guidance based on “vague tips”.
Following the briefing, the Met released the following statement from Rowley:
DCI Andy Redwood, the senior investigating officer, and his team will be in Portugal carrying out various lines of enquiry.
Thorough serious crime investigations work systematically through all credible possibilities and therefore it should not be assumed that this substantial upcoming phase of work in Portugal will immediately lead us to the answers that will explain what has happened.
What you will see is normal police activity you would expect in any such major investigation.
"Similarly, this should not be seen as a sign that the investigation is nearing a conclusion. I fully expect that there will be much more work to do when this particular phase of activity comes to an end. It is helpful that any reporting of activity in Portugal is set in this context.
"We will be updating Mr and Mrs McCann throughout the activity as we have been throughout the investigation.
"We will not be giving information on when this activity is to occur.
"The very fact that we are in the position of moving towards substantial activity in Portugal shows that the relationship between the MPS and Portuguese colleagues is working...
"We have made it clear to colleagues in Portugal that we will not be giving operational updates. I appreciate this will be frustrating to you (the media) especially given the help you have provided to us with public appeals so far which has added significant evidence into our files. However, if this was an investigation in London I would not be making public details of operational investigative activity that we were planning or how it might link in to the investigation.
"Of course complications are added when an investigation is taken abroad.
"My letter last month did map out where we stood in terms of how we could manage the media demand in this investigation. If media interfere with police work, that work will stop. I suspect that the boundaries around what that is will be apparent and I asked you to cooperate with the requests of the Portuguese authorities as the most important thing is to make this inquiry go as smoothly as possible.
"On a recent visit to Portugal DCI Redwood was surrounded by a large media group asking for comments from him.
"I appreciate that media group may not solely be UK agencies, and other media may state they are unaware of our repeated requests.
"DCI Redwood and his team will not be giving comment.
"Please allow them the room to manoeuvre and work on what is a live investigation into the disappearance of a young girl. If you get any information ahead of our actions do not publish anything that may give suspects advance notice.
"The family have also made their wishes clear about allowing us and the Portuguese the room to carry on with our work and this was reinforced this publicly by Kate McCann when Andy and his team were last in Portugal.
"In my initial letter I asked editors to think twice - that advice stands. We all want the same outcome - to do everything possible to try to find answers for the McCann family.
"It is only fair on you I am upfront with you about what you can get and how the media might impact on the investigation.
"I am well aware that updates may help control this investigation and I am committed to doing this in a transparent way but mindful that nothing we do will damage the integrity of the investigation or the best possible chances of bringing it to a conclusion."

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity

Post by endgame on 22.05.14 12:41

@gbwales wrote:

Mr Rowley did not give details about what the next phase would involve, but said officers were working through every credible line of inquiry as part of the "slog of a major investigation".

In fairness, they have pretty much exhausted all the incredible lines of inquiry...
Unfortunately they appear to be completely avoiding the most credible line of enquiry i.e the one based on evidence rather than hearsay, speculation, fantasy or the ability to sell newspapers.

endgame

Posts : 171
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity

Post by HelenMeg on 22.05.14 12:42

@nglfi wrote:I can't believe Portuguese police would reopen the case on the basis of nothing more than Tractorman, therefore I think they are still working towards something. Whatever SY decide, whether they decide to say 'case closed', I would hope won't affect the Portuguese investigation at all. At the end of the day, worst case scenario will be SY wasted a load of money and have to say 'We tried and failed', and the Portuguese investigation carries on. Thankfully due to social media and the internet in general, if the PJ come up with any leads/enough evidence to arrest we will hear about it. How bad would that then look on SY if they had already closed the review and uncovered precisely nothing?
I hope you are right ... even if SY are preparing us for a whitewash, there is nothing yet to indicate that the  PJ  are doing the same.

HelenMeg

Posts : 1782
Reputation : 192
Join date : 2014-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity

Post by Mirage on 22.05.14 12:43

Police investigating Madeleine McCann's disappearance say "a substantial phase of operational activity" will begin within weeks.

Met Police Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley said the activity would be led by Portuguese police with the involvement of British officers.
Has anyone informed Captain Mainwaring and the lads down at Walmington-on-Sea. They may be needed with up-to-date logistics and intelligence

Madeleine was three years old when she went missing from a holiday apartment in Praia da Luz, Portugal in May 2007.
Just think, my granddaughter will be reading the same news as me in 2080 and telling her own grand children to put down their Grimms' fairy tales and listen to a real one.

Scotland Yard launched a fresh investigation last July.
Fresh as in - well, fresh.
Credible possibilities
There might be a European election today.

Mr Rowley did not give details about what the next phase would involve, but said officers were working through every credible line of inquiry as part of the "slog of a major investigation".
We all took time out however to hear all about the Home Secretary's view of police excellence in historic investigations yesterday. We were all heartened to learn that the public had every confidence in our doing even better in  future ops.


He said: "It's something that you would expect in any major inquiry.
Along with our numerous updates - a new initiative we dreamt up in 2011 to keep the masses happy and the presses rolling. It was our way of contributing to the economic recovery.

"A thorough serious crime investigation works systematically through all the credible possibilities, and often in an investigation you will have more than one credible possibility.
But we decided to break the mould and work from the outer reaches of Mongolia in, and narrow things down that way.

"Therefore just because we're doing a substantial phase of work... doesn't mean that it's going to immediately lead to answers that will explain everything."
So do go ahead and book several world cruises or take a job abroad while we slog on looking for answers that could explain everything.


The Metropolitan Police's relationship with officers in Portugal was working well, he added.
We used standard zoo practices and cages have been in constant use.

Scotland Yard's investigation - codenamed Operation Grange - came two years into a review of the case.
We are partial to using codes in our everyday dealings with the public. We are sometimes accused of talking gobbledy-gook. But lessons have been learned and we will issue Berlitz books translating our most commonly used doublespeak

In March, British police said they were seeking an intruder who sexually abused five girls in Portugal between 2004 and 2006.
In Jan we said we were seeking (insert suspect type here).... In Feb we said we were seeking (insert suspect type here)..... In March we said we were seeking (insert suspect type here)  We wish to point out this is not a comprehensive list of our suspects.

Detectives say the attacks happened in holiday villas occupied by UK families in the Algarve.
And now you see how starting a world wide investigation away from the crime scene helped us concentrate our efforts right back on the Algarve tourist industry. But don't let that put you off your holidays. The diplomatic corps will be at your disposal 24/7 in the unhappy event of your tapas meal being ruined by a major crime.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27514800

My responses are in blue on Tangled Web's post.

____________________
Kate McCann: "It's too 'ot. Give 'im a minute."

Mirage

Posts : 1665
Reputation : 382
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity

Post by Justformaddie on 22.05.14 12:46

And where does this all end up? Straight back to the mccanns again then, og should do what's right for maddie no matter what that is IMO. please

____________________
Parents=protection high5 

Justformaddie

Posts : 540
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-05-13
Location : On my iPad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity

Post by Tony Bennett on 22.05.14 12:48

@sofieellis wrote:This bit makes me feel quite optimistic:

Met Police Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley said the activity would be led by Portuguese police with the involvement of British officers.
@ sofieellis,

I think the true situation may well be this:

1. Operation Grange have demanded to do some high profile digs and searches which will lead to really good photo opportunities in the British press

2. The Portuguese have agreed very reluctantly to their request, but - just as they have made the British government (i.e. us, the taxpayers) pay for the use of their military Alouette III helicopter - they will now insist that the British pay all their bills (which they've said in the past, anyway)

3. The 'involvement' of British Officers will probably amount to no more than sitting around watching what the Portuguese officers do, maybe with a notebook and pencil in hand

4. The Portuguese get their bills paid and can demonstrate co-operation with the Brits - they are happy.

5. Grange gets its photos for the British press - they are happy.

Everybody is happy.

Except those who genuinely want to know what really happened to Madeleine McCann.  


Mark Rowley is IMO spinning like mad and making it sound that British officers are far more 'involved' than they are

____________________

                            "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13975
Reputation : 2147
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity

Post by stillsloppingout on 22.05.14 12:49

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/madeleine-police-move-to-next-phase
Mr Rowley echoed Kate McCann's calls for restraint in media coverage of the case, and said: "I want to be able to go back to Kate and Gerry at some stage in the future and tell them we've got to the bottom of this, or second best is to go back to them and say we've turned over every stone and we can't get to an answer sometimes."
IMO the words in red tell us precisely where the Met are heading with this series of very public performances.

There will be lots more pictures and photo opportunities.

But nothing at the end of it
More prof if needed that SY are NOT treating the McCann's [ sorry it's Gerry and Kate now ] as suspects.

stillsloppingout

Posts : 489
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2013-02-06
Location : N WEST ENGLAND

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity

Post by Markus 2 on 22.05.14 13:00

@stillsloppingout wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/madeleine-police-move-to-next-phase
Mr Rowley echoed Kate McCann's calls for restraint in media coverage of the case, and said: "I want to be able to go back to Kate and Gerry at some stage in the future and tell them we've got to the bottom of this, or second best is to go back to them and say we've turned over every stone and we can't get to an answer sometimes."
IMO the words in red tell us precisely where the Met are heading with this series of very public performances.

There will be lots more pictures and photo opportunities.

But nothing at the end of it
More prof if needed that SY are NOT treating the McCann's [ sorry it's Gerry and Kate now ] as suspects.

No they are treating them as equals, especially as the McCann's can request when they should start digging, because of Madeline's birthday All in the same club imo

Markus 2

Posts : 393
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-02-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity

Post by Tony Bennett on 22.05.14 13:01

Andrew77R wrote:From the Press Gazzette.

British journalists have been urged not to "crowd out and hound down" officers investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann ahead of a "substantial upcoming phase of work in Portugal".
At an Operation Grange media briefing this morning at New Scotland Yard, attended by Press Gazette, assistant commissioner Mark Rowley also asked journalists to avoid "hyperbole" and to not publish "any information ahead of our actions".
Rowley told journalists they had been “very helpful to date”, before adding: “I think there’s a tendency sometimes on this case, because it has such interest, for hyperbole in some of the reporting and it’s not helpful if everything we do is reported as a breakthrough, significant development, or both... I think I want to keep expectations down.”
He added: “In terms of your reporting, it would be I think really helpful if whatever reporting you do over the next few weeks as the activity takes place, if you try and put it in that context.”
He said that the McCanns' statement earlier this month, in which they said they were "dismayed" by "media interference" in the police's work, “reflects our view”.
Rowley told journalists that the “media scrum” surrounding developments earlier this month were “disruptive” and created a “chaotic and dysfunctional” atmosphere.
Rowley's request that journalists should not publish information ahead of Operation Grange actions was described as a “big ask” by The Guardian’s crime editor, Sandra Laville.

[REST SNIPPED]
Oh really, Mark Rowley?

After you and the BBC spent £1 million-plus and over six months preparing for a BBC CrimeWatch 'McCann Special' programme heavily trailed and watched by 6.7 million people?

After the major hype over DCI Redwood's 'revelation moment'?

After telling the British media about the use of a military helicopter?

After telling the British media about 'digs' in several areas around Praia da Luz?

After notifying photographers about where your officers were having breakfast and when they were marching up to the PJ's offices?  

You can fool all of the people some of the time.

You can fool some of the people all of the time.

But you can't fool all of the people all of the time.

____________________

                            "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13975
Reputation : 2147
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity

Post by Mirage on 22.05.14 13:08

@Tony Bennett wrote:
Andrew77R wrote:From the Press Gazzette.

British journalists have been urged not to "crowd out and hound down" officers investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann ahead of a "substantial upcoming phase of work in Portugal".
At an Operation Grange media briefing this morning at New Scotland Yard, attended by Press Gazette, assistant commissioner Mark Rowley also asked journalists to avoid "hyperbole" and to not publish "any information ahead of our actions".
Rowley told journalists they had been “very helpful to date”, before adding: “I think there’s a tendency sometimes on this case, because it has such interest, for hyperbole in some of the reporting and it’s not helpful if everything we do is reported as a breakthrough, significant development, or both... I think I want to keep expectations down.”
He added: “In terms of your reporting, it would be I think really helpful if whatever reporting you do over the next few weeks as the activity takes place, if you try and put it in that context.”
He said that the McCanns' statement earlier this month, in which they said they were "dismayed" by "media interference" in the police's work, “reflects our view”.
Rowley told journalists that the “media scrum” surrounding developments earlier this month were “disruptive” and created a “chaotic and dysfunctional” atmosphere.
Rowley's request that journalists should not publish information ahead of Operation Grange actions was described as a “big ask” by The Guardian’s crime editor, Sandra Laville.

[REST SNIPPED]
Oh really, Mark Rowley?

After you and the BBC spent £1 million-plus and over six months preparing for a BBC CrimeWatch 'McCann Special' programme heavily trailed and watched by 6.7 million people?

After the major hype over DCI Redwood's 'revelation moment'?

After telling the British media about the use of a military helicopter?

After telling the British media about 'digs' in several areas around Praia da Luz?

After notifying photographers about where your officers were having breakfast and when they were marching up to the PJ's offices?  

You can fool all of the people some of the time.

You can fool some of the people all of the time.

But you can't fool all of the people all of the time.
How did this country come to its knees like this? It's like living in North Korea. Once your national police force gets to this stage you've had it. You really have.

____________________
Kate McCann: "It's too 'ot. Give 'im a minute."

Mirage

Posts : 1665
Reputation : 382
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity

Post by Guest on 22.05.14 13:11

@Mirage wrote:
How did this country come to its knees like this? It's like living in North Korea. Once your national police force gets to this stage you've had it. You really have.

Given that we know so little about everyday life in North Korea, it could actually be worse!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity

Post by Tangled Web on 22.05.14 13:23

@Mirage wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:
Andrew77R wrote:From the Press Gazzette.

British journalists have been urged not to "crowd out and hound down" officers investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann ahead of a "substantial upcoming phase of work in Portugal".
At an Operation Grange media briefing this morning at New Scotland Yard, attended by Press Gazette, assistant commissioner Mark Rowley also asked journalists to avoid "hyperbole" and to not publish "any information ahead of our actions".
Rowley told journalists they had been “very helpful to date”, before adding: “I think there’s a tendency sometimes on this case, because it has such interest, for hyperbole in some of the reporting and it’s not helpful if everything we do is reported as a breakthrough, significant development, or both... I think I want to keep expectations down.”
He added: “In terms of your reporting, it would be I think really helpful if whatever reporting you do over the next few weeks as the activity takes place, if you try and put it in that context.”
He said that the McCanns' statement earlier this month, in which they said they were "dismayed" by "media interference" in the police's work, “reflects our view”.
Rowley told journalists that the “media scrum” surrounding developments earlier this month were “disruptive” and created a “chaotic and dysfunctional” atmosphere.
Rowley's request that journalists should not publish information ahead of Operation Grange actions was described as a “big ask” by The Guardian’s crime editor, Sandra Laville.

[REST SNIPPED]
Oh really, Mark Rowley?

After you and the BBC spent £1 million-plus and over six months preparing for a BBC CrimeWatch 'McCann Special' programme heavily trailed and watched by 6.7 million people?

After the major hype over DCI Redwood's 'revelation moment'?

After telling the British media about the use of a military helicopter?

After telling the British media about 'digs' in several areas around Praia da Luz?

After notifying photographers about where your officers were having breakfast and when they were marching up to the PJ's offices?  

You can fool all of the people some of the time.

You can fool some of the people all of the time.

But you can't fool all of the people all of the time.
How did this country come to its knees like this? It's like living in North Korea. Once your national police force gets to this stage you've had it. You really have.

Think I may have to emigrate for the sake of my kids.

Tangled Web

Posts : 303
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-11-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity

Post by tasprin on 22.05.14 13:25

20 May. Kate McCann at House of Lords for launch of Child Rescue Alert (official paragon of virtue)

21 May. Theresa may lectures police on corruption (perhaps just one more before you reform)

22 May. Scotland Yard nearing end of investigation. (second best - we can't get to an answer)

tasprin

Posts : 834
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-01-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity

Post by Bishop Brennan on 22.05.14 13:26

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/madeleine-police-move-to-next-phase
Mr Rowley echoed Kate McCann's calls for restraint in media coverage of the case, and said: "I want to be able to go back to Kate and Gerry at some stage in the future and tell them we've got to the bottom of this, or second best is to go back to them and say we've turned over every stone and we can't get to an answer sometimes."
IMO the words in red tell us precisely where the Met are heading with this series of very public performances.

There will be lots more pictures and photo opportunities.

But nothing at the end of it

Seems like they have been told (as many had thought) to wrap up this expensive mistake. It's been clear for a while now that they have nothing and no leads. So a final high-profile bit of digging and onsite work and it's all over. Sorry McCanns we did our best - we know she's dead but we can't find who did it. As has been the case since the very start it's the PJ or nothing.

Bishop Brennan

Posts : 695
Reputation : 217
Join date : 2013-10-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity

Post by Tony Bennett on 22.05.14 13:31

@Mirage wrote:
How did this country come to its knees like this? It's like living in North Korea. Once your national police force gets to this stage you've had it. You really have.
Agreed.

Indeed the signs were clearly there when, 4 years ago, the Sunday Times published an article explaining how the Metropolitan Police had given up on trying to 'nail' arguably Britain's top drug dealer and criminal gangster, Dave Hunt. He was 'too powerful'. Later reports, mainly by journalist Michael Gillard and colleagues, but also by Tom Worden on the Independent (see thread on this fourm), highlighted that Hunt was being systematically protected from prosecution, and given other assistance, by a number of very senior Met officers. I heard on the grapevine last week that Gillard has had to flee the country because of repeated and credible threats against his life.

Step by step, organised crime of one sort or another is gaining a tighter and tighter grip on this country, whatever the bogus police statistics may tell us.

If we're not careful, we'll end up in a Mexican situation, with powerful drug barons routinely killing any police or law enforcement officer who get in their way.

Four centuries ago, when the Bible was respected, Englishmen were known the world over for their love of the truth and being truthful: 'An Englishman's word is his bond'.

Not any more        

____________________

                            "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13975
Reputation : 2147
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity

Post by tiny on 22.05.14 13:34

"I want to be able to go back to Kate and Gerry at some stage in the future and tell them we've got to the bottom of this, or second best is to go back to them and say we've turned over every stone and we can't get to an answer sometimes."


 ffs I want you to go back to the McCann and tell them you want them to do the  reconstruction. MADELEINE MUST COME FIRST. Sod kate and Gerry.

tiny

Posts : 2274
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-02-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity

Post by Riddlemeree on 22.05.14 13:39

Hello - long time lurker here - my thought is what if : the police KNOW ... Because let's face it ... There are plenty of pointers...but they need a caste iron case because the core suspects are lawyered up to the eyebrows. How would they play it ? Especially since they know what suspects are capable of. What if they needed core suspects to not know they were in the spotlight - but every so often they wanted to give them a poke, a frisson of fear ... Might they play the most incredible media game - putting Holmes like clues into their press releases which will later jump out as "we knew all along " pointers while deluging the media with distractions . The suspects will be on a roller coaster of wondering whether they have finally been fingered or whether the police are still on side chasing up all sorts of red herrings . It may turn out. The police have played a blinder ... All IMHO.

Riddlemeree

Posts : 4
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity

Post by Guest on 22.05.14 13:39

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@Mirage wrote:
How did this country come to its knees like this? It's like living in North Korea. Once your national police force gets to this stage you've had it. You really have.
Agreed.

Indeed the signs were clearly there when, 4 years ago, the Sunday Times published an article explaining how the Metropolitan Police had given up on trying to 'nail' arguably Britain's top drug dealer and criminal gangster, Dave Hunt. He was 'too powerful'. Later reports, mainly by journalist Michael Gillard and colleagues, but also by Tom Worden on the Independent (see thread on this fourm), highlighted that Hunt was being systematically protected from prosecution, and given other assistance, by a number of very senior Met officers. I heard on the grapevine last week that Gillard has had to flee the country because of repeated and credible threats against his life.

Step by step, organised crime of one sort or another is gaining a tighter and tighter grip on this country, whatever the bogus police statistics may tell us.

If we're not careful, we'll end up in a Mexican situation, with powerful drug barons routinely killing any police or law enforcement officer who get in their way.

Four centuries ago, when the Bible was respected, Englishmen were known the world over for their love of the truth and being truthful: 'An Englishman's word is his bond'.

Not any more        
http://aangirfan.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/police-politicians-gangsters.html

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity

Post by Google.Gaspar.Statements on 22.05.14 13:42

Bishop Brennan

   Seems like they have been told (as many had thought) to wrap up this expensive mistake. It's been clear for a while now that they have nothing and no leads. So a final high-profile bit of digging and onsite work and it's all over.  Sorry McCanns we did our best - we know she's dead but we can't find who did it.   As has been the case since the very start it's the PJ or nothing.  

UNQUOTE

Nah, they won't say she's dead, cos that would mean the end of the fraudulent fund.

Kate and Gerry are set for life now thanks to three-year-old Maddie's inability to fend off the evil bogeyman.

Movies and books here we come.

Google.Gaspar.Statements

Posts : 345
Reputation : 205
Join date : 2013-05-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity

Post by tiny on 22.05.14 13:42

"The activity in Portugal is led by the Portuguese, that's absolutely crystal clear in law," Mr Rowley said.


  thank fkcu for that,  just hope they don't crumble like the last time when they shelved the investigation through uk influence or interference

tiny

Posts : 2274
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-02-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity

Post by Tony Bennett on 22.05.14 13:44

I've just seen the BBC's news report on Mark Rowley's press conference and statement.

They are putting 'Smithman' at the very heart of their news story, thus:

Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity


Thursday 3 May 2007: Timeline



  • 20:30 Kate and Gerry McCann leave their apartment to have dinner at a Tapas bar
  • 21:05 Gerry McCann checks on Madeleine and her siblings
  • 22:00 A man is seen carrying a child wearing pyjamas heading towards the ocean
  • 22:00 Kate McCann raises the alarm that Madeleine has gone missing


Yet, never mind all the many other doubts about the validity of the Smiths' claimed sighting, DCI Redwood on CrimeWatch on 14 October 2013 very deliberately led the viewing public to believe that members of this 'Irish family' were capable of producing two e-fits (both of different men, so it seems), despite the fact that all the three Smiths who gave statements to the PJ said they didn't see his face properly because it was dark, his face was hidden, we only saw him for a second or two, etc. etc.   

How is it that some, even on this forum, can swallow such balderdash - hook, line and sinker?

____________________

                            "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13975
Reputation : 2147
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity

Post by Dutchgirl on 22.05.14 13:48

Poe wrote:Nothing from Sky or Brunty yet.
http://news.sky.com/story/1266772/madeleine-investigation-enters-major-phase

Police investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann will enter a "substantial phase of operational activity" in Portugal in the next few weeks.

Metropolitan Police Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley said detectives could not promise answers, but were checking every credible line of enquiry in the search.

"In the forthcoming weeks we are going to be going to a substantial phase of operational activity on the ground in Portugal," he said.

"It's something that you would expect in any major inquiry.

"A thorough serious crime investigation works systematically through all the credible possibilities, and often in an investigation you will have more than one credible possibility.

"Therefore just because we're doing a substantial phase of work in the forthcoming week doesn't mean that it's going to immediately lead to answers that will explain everything."

UK officers are currently running their own investigation into what happened to Madeleine, who vanished at the age of three from Portuguese holiday resort Praia da Luz in May 2007.

Kate and Gerry McCann, the parents of missing Madeleine
Kate and Gerry McCann have called for media restraint

Portuguese police have also reopened their probe into the disappearance, and while they are working with Scotland Yard, detectives have refused to set up an official joint investigation.

Mr Rowley echoed Madeleine's mother Kate McCann's calls for restraint in media coverage of the case.

He said: "I want to be able to go back to Kate and Gerry at some stage in the future and tell them we've got to the bottom of this, or second best is to go back to them and say we've turned over every stone and we can't get to an answer sometimes."

A number Met Police officers hope to be involved in the latest phase of activity.

"The activity in Portugal is led by the Portuguese, that's absolutely crystal clear in law," Mr Rowley said.

"We have some officers who would like to be helping with that on the ground in Portugal, doing some of the work we anticipate. We are putting the finishing touches to the plans to the Portuguese in the coming weeks.

"I anticipate a substantial phase of activity in forthcoming weeks including Portuguese and British officers, but the detail of that is still being finalised with Portuguese colleagues and it will all be under Portuguese leadership."

One line of enquiry for Scotland Yard is a lone male paedophile who staged a series of sex attacks on young British girls while they were on holiday in the Algarve.

Dutchgirl

Posts : 117
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2014-03-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity

Post by tiny on 22.05.14 13:49

Well I for one am of the fence and wading through pig shit

tiny

Posts : 2274
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-02-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity

Post by endgame on 22.05.14 13:50

@Riddlemeree wrote:Hello - long time lurker here - my thought is what if : the police KNOW ... Because let's face it ... There are plenty of pointers...but they need a caste iron case because the core suspects are lawyered up to the eyebrows. How would they play it ? Especially since they know what suspects are capable of. What if they needed core suspects to not know they were in the spotlight - but every so often they wanted to give them a poke, a frisson of fear ... Might they play the most incredible media game - putting Holmes like clues into their press releases which will later jump out as "we knew all along " pointers while deluging the media with distractions . The suspects will be on a roller coaster of wondering whether they have finally been fingered or whether the police are still on side chasing up all sorts of red herrings . It may turn out. The police have played a blinder ... All IMHO.
Welcome Riddlemeree. Without wishing to dampen your enthusiasm and, of course everything is possible, I can only ask if you can name a single case where this technique has been used and used successfully. I can't. Most police investigations follow a path of collecting evidence, following leads created by that evidence, forming conclusions from that evidence and when those conclusions  are certain enough, charging someone with the crime. I can see no reason to vary this tried and trusted technique with reference to the disappearance of Madeleine McCann

endgame

Posts : 171
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum