The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

The Times article 19 May 2014 mentions 'her murder'

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Times article 19 May 2014 mentions 'her murder'

Post by Guest on 20.05.14 18:15

This thread is in danger of going off topic.

Back to top Go down

Police sex abuse units tied up with old cases

Post by Ribisl on 20.05.14 18:29

It's still there. So it appears the McCanns' libelling days are clearly over.

Ribisl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 20.05.14 18:29

It does, Admin.
But I'd like to [again] mention, that the Secret Service of the Vatican is reputed to be "better' than the Mossad ...
And now, I go on topic again. That is, if I have anything to add to the discussion  smilie 

Back to top Go down

Post by nobodythereeither on 20.05.14 18:37

@Ribisl wrote:

Perhaps they've run out of money for lawyers. Perhaps Carter Ruck have stopped representing them "for free".

Or perhaps they are saving what money they have left for the continuation of the libel trial and - another trial?? People to represent you in court don't come cheap ........

nobodythereeither

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 20.05.14 18:39

I hope you're right.

It will be interesting to see what the tabloids come out with tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

Post by margaret on 20.05.14 18:41

@Tony Bennett wrote:
But has anyone considered this possibility?

Simply that Rupert Murdoch and his top journalists have been told that within the next few months, DCI Redwood and his team will announce the closure of their investigation, saying they have sufficient evidence that an abductor (known or unknown) - probably a paedophile - took Madeleine sometime between 9.15pm and 10.00pm on 3 May 2007, and that the abductor murdered her?

There is nothing at all inconsistent between that scenario and the Times report yesterday

But if they do that it will bring the blood and cadaver dog evidence to the fore.  

How are SY going to explain the fact of all the cadaver dog alerts were on items relating to the Mccanns? Then tell us they weren't to blame?

Most people remember the headline of maddies body in the boot of the Mccanns hire car, do you think believe will believe the abductor hired that very car to dispose of maddies body weeks later?

People aren't stupid, the Mccanns have very little support as it is a dead Maddie is a nightmare for them.

margaret

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kevmack on 20.05.14 18:43

@margaret wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:

Simply that Rupert Murdoch and his top journalists have been told that within the next few months, DCI Redwood and his team will announce the closure of their investigation, saying they have sufficient evidence that an abductor (known or unknown) - probably a paedophile - took Madeleine sometime between 9.15pm and 10.00pm on 3 May 2007, and that the abductor murdered her?

There is nothing at all inconsistent between that scenario and the Times report yesterday

But if they do that it will bring the blood and cadaver dog evidence to the fore.  

How are SY going to explain the fact of all the cadaver dog alerts were on items relating to the Mccanns? Then tell us they weren't to blame?

Most people remember the headline of maddies body in the boot of the Mccanns hire car, do you think believe will believe the abductor hired that very car to dispose of maddies body weeks later?

People aren't stupid, the Mccanns have very little support as it is a dead Maddie is a nightmare for them.
I agree, the McCanns used the inconclusive results to proclaim that Madeleine was not dead, as soon as it is established that she is, all roads point back to the McCanns imo

kevmack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by margaret on 20.05.14 18:43

@Ribisl wrote:

THanks Ribisl, fingers crossed it's still there tomorrow....

How quickly were things whooshed clunked before?

margaret

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown on 20.05.14 18:49

@margaret wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:

It would also negate the findings of the blood and cadaver dogs in future and in past cases.  It would open up a HUGE can of worms if the dogs weren't believed in the McCann case.  There would be hundreds of cases which could be overturned if the findings of Eddie and Keela were not upheld.

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 20.05.14 19:22

@Mirage wrote:

Just one small point, there was a distinct mark under KH's right eye on the day of the 10k.

More than a mark, Mirage. Looks like a black eye to me, one that she's tried to conceal. If you zoom in on her right eye, it's glaringly obvious (no pun intended!).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 20.05.14 19:33

@AndyB wrote:
@noddy100 wrote:This article is also about historical 'sex cases' not missing children
Gaspar?
Its about historical cases in general not specifically historic child sex abuse and I think we need to be careful not to read too much into the two other examples quoted. Having said that, I do find it intriguing that the Madeleine "murder" is listed between Pallial and Yewtree, both of which are historic child abuse investigations

The Times report is titled:

'Police sex abuse units tied up with old cases'

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 20.05.14 19:33

Does look a bit bruised to me.  The mark on her cheekbone isn't new though.

whatliesbehindthesofa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 20.05.14 19:45

@noddy100 wrote:
Gollum wrote:
@ChippyM wrote:I think it may be significant that this story is 'pay per view'. Maybe journalists are just itching to print the word 'murder' in relation to this case based on what sources have told them. They might be testing the waters by putting it behind a paywall.

Of course the alternative view is that with recent news of digging, someone has presumed this case is a murder.

I don't think so chippyM.  You subscribe to read the online version of the Times, it's as simple as that.  Instant viewing of the front page so to speak is only a taster probably to tempt you into subscribing, something the Sun is less forthcoming with but then who is likely to be tempted in that direction anyway? 

As for presuming a murder in this case, I think a number of on-lookers came to that view a long time ago.
This article is also about historical 'sex cases' not missing children
Gaspar?

Yes that screamed out to me as well.  I have thought in the past this might be the reason for involvement by the British police, if for example they are investigating a massive paedophile syndicate (these things can take years to bring to fruition, they are usually after the big fish (sea bass?) not the small fry (sardines?)) although I can't see how Operation Grunge fits in.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 20.05.14 19:48

@Ribisl wrote:

I don't think they are in any position to threaten the Murdoch empire do you?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 20.05.14 19:55

@whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:Does look a bit bruised to me.  The mark on her cheekbone isn't new though.

What mark on the cheek bone?  She maybe fell over after a few glasses of New Zealand vintage or bumped into the old mans hairy chest. I haven't a clue, whatever I don't think that subject was included in the Times report which is still in situ by the way.

Back to top Go down

Post by roy rovers on 20.05.14 20:24

Was Sean O'Neill quoting Sir Hugh Orde in the part of the article entitled 'Cost of Investigating the past - Madeleine McCann'? It reads as though he might have been or using some off the record briefing, It will be interesting to see if he replies on Twitter to where he got the word 'murder' from.

roy rovers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Times article 19 May 2014 mentions 'murder'

Post by Monty Heck on 20.05.14 20:37

Perhaps the use of the term murder in this article is justified by the fact that it's a homicide team investigating this disappearance, rather than a journalistic breakthrough.  Given that the McCs themselves are now openly admitting M may no long be alive the danger of newspapers being sued for saying so must be much diminished, although there is still quite a large margin between "no longer alive" and "murder".

Edited to add:  KMcC seems to have quite pronounced under eye bags in some photos/footage, more pronounced on one side than the other, plus there is an existing blemish there also.  Highly unlikely she has a black eye.  Lookswise, there is now quite a contrast between fresh, almost radiant she appeared in PDL back in 2007, even allowing for the passage of a few years.

Monty Heck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 20.05.14 20:41

@Monty Heck wrote:Perhaps the use of the term murder in this article is justified by the fact that it's a homicide team investigating this disappearance, rather than a journalistic breakthrough.  Given that the McCs themselves are now openly admitting M may no long be alive the danger of newspapers being sued for saying so must be much diminished, although there is still quite a large margin between "no longer alive" and "murder".
You can't excuse the word 'murder' imo.

It either has to be retracted or it stays in situ.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Monty Heck on 20.05.14 20:50

@aquila wrote:
@Monty Heck wrote:Perhaps the use of the term murder in this article is justified by the fact that it's a homicide team investigating this disappearance, rather than a journalistic breakthrough.  Given that the McCs themselves are now openly admitting M may no long be alive the danger of newspapers being sued for saying so must be much diminished, although there is still quite a large margin between "no longer alive" and "murder".

It will be interesting indeed if it stays in situ.  Given that there is a homicide team involved in investigating the disappearance and that the parents themselves have publicly conceded the child may not be alive, which in the case of a child alleged to have been abducted by a stranger is unlikely to mean not alive due to natural causes, the chances of obtaining a retraction may be considerably less than they were in 2008, for example.

Monty Heck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 20.05.14 21:09

Edited to add:  KMcC seems to have quite pronounced under eye bags in some photos/footage, more pronounced on one side than the other, plus there is an existing blemish there also.  Highly unlikely she has a black eye.  Lookswise, there is now quite a contrast between fresh, almost radiant she appeared in PDL back in 2007, even allowing for the passage of a few years.

I'm sure you're right.  The reporter should however have been more circumspect by using words such as 'suspected murder' but as I said, that is not what the report is about so no doubt is just a misplaced word. 

As regards Kate's gloomy visage, her 'look' changes dramatically according to circumstances.  Damn good these theatrical make-up artists aren't they?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 20.05.14 21:16

@Monty Heck wrote:
@aquila wrote:

It will be interesting indeed if it stays in situ.  Given that there is a homicide team involved in investigating the disappearance and that the parents themselves have publicly conceded the child may not be alive, which in the case of a child alleged to have been abducted by a stranger is unlikely to mean not alive due to natural causes, the chances of obtaining a retraction may be considerably less than they were in 2008, for example.

Still in situ at the moment:

"Madeleine McCann The Met has 37 officers and staff investigating her murder in Portugal in 2007. The Home Office has met costs to date of £5.35 million"

How long is the running expense figure going to hover around the £5 million mark?  They were quoting that nearly three years ago, it must be double by now.

Back to top Go down

Post by biggles on 20.05.14 21:37

Just a thought (yup first post I know).. given the ongoing trial of Brooks & Coulson, could this Times article be viewed as a veiled threat? In other words, the Times is saying "careful how you treat these two, otherwise there will be more slipups like this one"

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/may/20/rebekah-brooks-andy-coulson-affair-phone-hacking-trial

biggles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 20.05.14 22:15

Didn't our very own LadyinRed speak to the Chief of SY on the radio and he used wording along the lines of two schools of thought one being murder, can't remember precise words but he did use the M word IIRC.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by petunia on 20.05.14 23:36

biggles.Good first post, exactly my thoughts on reading this times revelation and the coincidence that it is summing up time at the hacking trial before the jury retires to consider it's verdict.Today we have had Jonathan Laidlaw  defending brooks to the hilt..planting a seed in the mind of the jury that it preposterous to suggest beccy had anything to do with hacking.. imo if Rebekah is going down (which i don't think she will) then Rupert is gonna make sure the mccann's who he can't make millions out of after 7 years and realizing he is flogging a dead horse will throw the now not so popular cash cows under the bus to save his once so precious cash cow Rebekah.. all in own opinion of course..

petunia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 20.05.14 23:47

@petunia wrote:biggles.Good first post, exactly my thoughts on reading this times revelation and the coincidence that it is summing up time at the hacking trial before the jury retires to consider it's verdict.Today we have had Jonathan Laidlaw  defending brooks to the hilt..planting a seed in the mind of the jury that it preposterous to suggest beccy had anything to do with hacking.. imo if Rebekah is going down (which i don't think she will) then Rupert is gonna make sure the mccann's who he can't make millions out of after 7 years and realizing he is flogging a dead horse will throw the now not so popular cash cows under the bus to save his once so precious cash cow Rebekah.. all in own opinion of course..

Yes, I've always thought there was more to Brookes' blackm demands for a review than paper sales. It is my belief she knows exactly what has happened and is sitting waiting to see how to play it. Amazing and incredible that the MCs weren't hacked, don't you think...? I do wonder if Papa Murdoch holds not only an ace but a whole flock of doves nesting in handkerchiefs up his sleeve for deployment if necessary.

IMO it is certainly no coincidence that it was a Murdoch paper that revealed the e-fit retention and another is now the first to utter the M word. Far too many coincidences flying around to be true.

All speculation and casual musings on my part.

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum