The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

Regards,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Sharon Lewin (Nursery School Worker)

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Sharon Lewin (Nursery School Worker)

Post by Guest on 19.05.14 23:49

Cheers Gollum.

Not seen those before. 

Questions for Group 4:

How long have you known Gerald McCann and Kate Healy and in what capacity?

How often have you seen Kate and Gerald with their children?

Are you aware of their home routine?

At what time do the children usually go to bed?

How often would the children wake up in the evening?

How often would the children wake up overnight?

What would happen when a child wakes up?

Have you ever seen the children being given medicine? Have you known Kate and Gerry ever giving the children medication to help them sleep?

Have you ever seen sleeping tablets in their house?

Did you ever see Kate or Gerald punish the children? Have you ever seen them hit the children?

Why did Madeleine have a star chart?

How do you think Kate coped looking after three children?

Have you seen Kate or Gerald using medicine to help them cope?

Was Madeleine's behaviour a problem?

Did she ever tell you she was unhappy?

Have you got any concerns about Kate or Gerald's relationship with Madeleine?

 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Sharon Lewin (Nursery School Worker)

Post by Guest on 20.05.14 0:44

Andrew77R wrote:Cheers Gollum.

Not seen those before. 

Questions for Group 4:

How long have you known Gerald McCann and Kate Healy and in what capacity?

How often have you seen Kate and Gerald with their children?

Are you aware of their home routine?

At what time do the children usually go to bed?

How often would the children wake up in the evening?

How often would the children wake up overnight?

What would happen when a child wakes up?

Have you ever seen the children being given medicine? Have you known Kate and Gerry ever giving the children medication to help them sleep?

Have you ever seen sleeping tablets in their house?

Did you ever see Kate or Gerald punish the children? Have you ever seen them hit the children?

Why did Madeleine have a star chart?

How do you think Kate coped looking after three children?

Have you seen Kate or Gerald using medicine to help them cope?

Was Madeleine's behaviour a problem?

Did she ever tell you she was unhappy?

Have you got any concerns about Kate or Gerald's relationship with Madeleine?

 


Pleasure aquila and Andrew77R.

The questions were also drawn-up by the McCann's (via their legal representatives?) I believe.  Well chosen manipulated character witnesses I think, the same as their family GP's from Rothley and their previous abode who, rather than restrict their interviews to professional opinion (they don't seem to have examined or treated the children), their statements are clearly on a personal level.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Sharon Lewin (Nursery School Worker)

Post by Okeydokey on 20.05.14 2:17

Andrew77R wrote:Sharon Lewin is the nursery school worker from Laurel's nursery in Leicester.

She looked after MBM for a 6 month period from when she was 2 and a half according to her.

Just been reading her statement from the PJ files. Copied and pasted below. 

My comments / questions are in blue. Seems someone else is telling a load of crock too....

MODS - This subject probably doesn't warrant a new thread. Just didn't know where to put it? Move if you feel fit?


Leicestershire Police Force
 
Statement by Sharon LEWIN
 
Occupation: Teaching Assistant
 
This statement (2 pages) is truthful in accordance with my understanding.
 
Date: 21st April 2008
 
I am the person referred to above and I work as a teaching assistant at Laurels Nursery School, Melton Road, Queniborough, Leicestershire. The nursery school has the capacity to receive about 80 children full-time, aged between 6 weeks and 5 years and is open from 07.30 to 18.00 daily. The children are grouped according to age and I work in the section that looks after children aged between two and half and three years old. I have worked at the nursery for five years and I am currently on maternity leave.
 
I got to know Madeleine and her parents Kate and Gerry through my work at the nursery school. Madeleine started at the nursery when she was about two years old. About 2 years old. Any exact dates when she started? 
 
When she was two and a half she joined the group supervised by me, I think it was in 2006, and she remained there for about 6 months. Where did she go after about 6 months? So she went somewhere else when she was 3 then? Where? Madeleine attended on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Did Kate work Mondays and Friday's then?
 
She would be dropped off between 08.00 and 08.30 and would return home at about 17.00. The dropping off and picking up was taken in turns by the parents and as a result of this Kate and Gerry asked me to take care of the children during the evening on some occasions. Is that common practice to ask your child's nursery teacher to babysit out of work hours too? Kate would pick Madeleine up from the nursery at the end of the day and I would accompany them to their house. We would have tea and I would help give Madeleine her bath. Nursery teacher bathing M as well? Is she getting paid for all this? Where are the Twins?
 
Kate and Gerry would go out and I would watch a DVD with the girl before telling her a bedtime story. Would you really sit and watch a dvd with a 2 and a half / 3 year old in the eve? Where are the twins?
 
I think I did this about 5 times and on each occasion it was at their home in Rothley.
 
I always think of Madeleine as an alert and affectionate girl who liked to live.Liked to live?? She was very advanced for her age and independent. She liked to dance and to dress up. What's all this advanced for her age that everyone harps on about? Dress up as in make up too?
 
Kate and Gerry were always very friendly to me. I am quite close to both of them She just said above she only went to the house 5 times? Close to both of them? and they were always kind and generous Money generous?. I am probably a bit closer to Kate who would sometimes send me text messages and I would take my baby along to visit her and have coffee. So who was looking after your baby while you were out looking after MBM?
 
I consider her to be a good friend. A good friend. Your paid to look after toddlers. You get roped in by kate to occasionally work in the evenings, 5 you say and she's now a good friend?
 
I never saw Madeleine have any problem or conflict with her parents, family members or friends. Of course you wouldn't if she is now a good friend? When did you see MBM with other family members?
 
I would describe them as a charming family who loved each other. Over egging that a bit? The twins adored their older sister and Kate and Gerry would often play with the children. Often play with the children. Really... the parents often played with there own children. Well i never..
 
Madeleine felt comfortable at the nursery school, she had many friends and got on well with the other children. Will have to take your word on that i guess.
 
Madeleine was quite a healthy girl. Quite a healthy girl? She had a good appetite and ate well. I don't remember any injury or accident. She would occasionally have a small scrape at the nursery but nothing abnormal. During the six months she was under my care she was absent five times because of being unwell, but they were just small colds with a high temperature. You sure they were just small colds?
 
At the nursery medication could only be administered by the senior members of staff and with the agreement of the children's parents. The only medication that I recall Madeleine taking was Calpol to lower her temperature.
 
Madeleine never complained about her family or friends What 2 and a half, 3 year old would complain about her family or friends? and as I have already stated I consider them to be a charming family. Charming? That word again. She loved her mother and father Why would she not? and always knew who would pick her up from the nursery ad was always anxious for that moment. Gerry and Kate never appeared to have any problems in dealing with Madeleine.Again now there your good friends, then you would say that? We would have regular meetings with the parents at the nursery and they never expressed any worry in relation to Madeleine's behaviour.
 
Madeleine was a very active child but I would not call her hyperactive. She never got over excited and always had good behaviour. Does that not contradict what other family members have stated? Madeleine was easy to look after, a very independent girl Just how independent is a 2 and a half, 3 year old but she never placed herself in dangerous situations, as far as I saw.
 
Occasionally during the afternoon, some of the children would have a siesta in the dormitory but Madeleine never did. I had the opportunity to be present at her bedtime when I looked after her. Bath time was at about 18.30 - 19.00 and she would later go to bed at about 19.30 – 20.00 I would read her a story or two and she would always fall asleep half way through. Fall's asleep like clockwork then. Just like in Portugal?
 
Gerry and Kate would normally return home at about 22.30 and before this I would check whether she was all right, by looking around the bedroom door. What? doing an Oldfield? Not stepping foot inside the room? I do not have knowledge of the girl waking up after she fell asleep. You wouldn't do unless you stayed the night next to her?
 
This statement was made by me and is truthful in accordance with my understanding. Mmmmmmmm....

Never seen this before. I must admit I share your "crock" appraisal.

Why is it that no statements from the McCanns, their family, their friends or their hired lackeys ever sound normal? One moment they are a client, next they are quite close, then finally a good friend!

Okeydokey

Posts : 920
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2013-10-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharon Lewin (Nursery School Worker)

Post by Nina on 20.05.14 7:15

This care giving/baby sitting seems to be almost as if she was in a special unit and was receiving one to one care, not a mention of the twins being involved in the bedtime routine.

____________________
Not one more cent from me.

Nina

Posts : 2696
Reputation : 240
Join date : 2011-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharon Lewin (Nursery School Worker)

Post by canada12 on 20.05.14 7:27

So, my understanding is that Kate only worked part-time during Madeleine's early childhood, while Gerry worked full-time.

Do Kate's part-time working days coincide with the days that Madeleine was in the nursery school? Was she at home when Kate was at home? According to the above, Madeleine was at the nursery school Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Were these the days that Kate worked? Where were the twins, if that was the case? Who was looking after them?

If it turns out these aren't the days that Kate worked, does this mean she packed Madeleine off to the nursery school because she just couldn't cope with a small child at home as well as twin babies?

I'd be interested to know Kate's work schedule at this time.And who was looking after the twins.

canada12

Posts : 1461
Reputation : 198
Join date : 2013-10-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharon Lewin (Nursery School Worker)

Post by tigger on 20.05.14 7:30

-  and have a look at Amanda Coxon's statement, she knew the McCanns so well, she dorsn't know which yearthe twins were born:
Quote
Kate, Gerry and Madeleine moved to Amsterdam for a year and when they returned Kate was pregnant with the twins. The twins were born in February 2006 and from that time I helped to look after them.
Unquote

In fact Kate was 7 months pregnant when she returned to the UK in 2004 twins born 1/2/05.


http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/AMANDA-COXON.htm
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/HAYLEY_PLUMBER.htm
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/SHARON_LEWIN.htm
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/RESPONSE-ROGATORY.htm#


____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8114
Reputation : 39
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharon Lewin (Nursery School Worker)

Post by Guest on 20.05.14 7:46

@canada12 wrote:So, my understanding is that Kate only worked part-time during Madeleine's early childhood, while Gerry worked full-time.

Do Kate's part-time working days coincide with the days that Madeleine was in the nursery school? Was she at home when Kate was at home? According to the above, Madeleine was at the nursery school Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Were these the days that Kate worked? Where were the twins, if that was the case? Who was looking after them?

If it turns out these aren't the days that Kate worked, does this mean she packed Madeleine off to the nursery school because she just couldn't cope with a small child at home as well as twin babies?

I'd be interested to know Kate's work schedule at this time.And who was looking after the twins.

This is the statement of Hayley Plummer who also worked at the Laurels Nursery:

Leicestershire Police Force

Statement by Hayley Jane Plummer

Occupation: Nursery School Teacher

This statement consisting of two pages is true and in accordance with my understanding.

Date 6th May 2008

I work as a teacher at Laurels Nursery School, Melton Road, Queniborough, Leicestershire. I have worked full time for almost eight or nine years. I work alone in a class room and have eight children under my responsibility every day.

Laurels nursery school receives children aged between 6 weeks and school age and is divided in various classrooms in different buildings, where the children are grouped according to age and aptitude. I have worked in all the classrooms with children of all ages and at the moment I am in charge of children aged from 3 to 5 years.

I got to know Madeleine and her parents Kate and Gerry at the nursery school. I also spent time with them socially because my boyfriend James is Kate’s cousin. As a couple, James and I would take care of Madeleine and the twins in their house in Rothley about every two months, for a few hours each time. We would arrive at the house at about 19.00 – 19.30 when the twins were already asleep, but Madeleine was waiting for us and would be up for about half an hour. The routine followed would be to brush her teeth and tell her a story or two before going to sleep, followed by a brief passage through the twins room. Once she was alone Madeleine would generally fall asleep after 10 minutes and during my stays in their house she would never get out of bed after having fallen asleep. She would always sleep in her room. I do not remember Madeleine having been difficult when we were there.

Madeleine initially went to the nursery in the mornings but as she got older she would spend the whole day on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at the nursery – which she enjoyed very much. Kate would take care of Madeleine on Mondays and Fridays, often taking her for swimming lessons. I have known Madeleine for about three years and she was always under my responsibility at the Laurels nursery.

Kate and Gerry would take turns in dropping off and fetching her from the nursery.

Madeline was a very polite and affectionate girl, particularly in respect to the twins. At the nursery she was a very popular girl and it was a pleasure to have her near.

She seemed to be a very alert girl and she always adapted well. The only time I remember her feeling a little intimidated was when she changed classroom for the first time and she was placed with more children who were a bit older.

She would show some shyness when she was left by her parents but she adapted rapidly so that they would leave after she finished her breakfast.

Madeleine made many friends at the nursery but her best friend was Sophia. I think that Kate and Sophia’s mother (Sally) became good friends based upon the friendship between their daughters.

Kate and Gerry were always very friendly with me, were polite and easy going.

Madeleine never showed any problems or worry she might have had, or show any behaviour that would cause any worry. I do not consider Madeleine to be hyperactive, she was a healthy girl with normal development for her age.

For me Madeleine is calm and easy to get on with.

I do not know whether Madeleine was subject to any kind of medication, I never had to give her any medication at the nursery or at home when I looked after her.

Gerry and Kate never appeared to have any type of problem in their relation with Madeleine. We would have regular meetings with the parents in the nursery and Kate and Gerry did not express any worry about Madeleine or her behaviour and they never appeared to be tired or frustrated in relation to their daughter.

I saw Madeleine for the last time on Thursday on the eve of her departure for holiday to Portugal. She was very enthusiastic with the trip, telling the teachers and the other children about it.

This statement was made by me and is truthful in accordance with my understanding

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/HAYLEY_PLUMBER.htm

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Sharon Lewin (Nursery School Worker)

Post by Guest on 20.05.14 8:05

Yes indeed Andrew77R the nursery is very interesting. Remember the comment on spudgun's site:-


http://spudgunsspoutings.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/madeleine-mccann-dear-portugal-world-is.html#comment-form

"Hayley Kennedy, nee Plumber/Plummer, the current wife of James Kennedy (Uncle Brian's son) is the only witness to attest to the fact that Madeleine was present in Laurel's nursery in 2007.

Sharon Lewin places her there for six months in 2006 though, nice and round and dates unspecified; everything of vital importance in this case is without exception, always vague."



Hayley Kennedy is indeed the manager of the Laurels nursery:-

http://www.daynurseries.co.uk/daynursery.cfm/searchazref/50003010LAUA

'Uncle Brian' did indeed have a son called James - I have not yet checked to see that he was definitely married to Hayley Plumber/Plummer but if he is (will try and check today) then the manager of the Laurel's nursery - the main testimony to MBM's independent existence pre 2007 - is related to the Mccanns. Another connection? Another lie?

All in my own opinion, nothing stated as fact.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Sharon Lewin (Nursery School Worker)

Post by Guest on 20.05.14 8:08

So it appears then when MBM was 3 she remained at the same nursery but just moved up into the older class being cared of by Hayley Plummer... I think?

What a useful coincidence that Hayley's boyfriend is also Kate's cousin. Very useful as well that they would go over every 2 months (as she states) to look after MBM. 

Good to see the twins get a mention this time. Although this statement was taken over 2 weeks later than Sharon's. Did someone say, you best mention the twins when you say you come over otherwise looks a bit suspicious?

I think Hayley has had a bit more coaching than Sharon in terms of what to say and how to say it.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Sharon Lewin (Nursery School Worker)

Post by Guest on 20.05.14 8:24

@tigger wrote:-  and have a look at Amanda Coxon's statement, she knew the McCanns so well, she dorsn't know which yearthe twins were born:
Quote
Kate, Gerry and Madeleine moved to Amsterdam for a year and when they returned Kate was pregnant with the twins. The twins were born in February 2006 and from that time I helped to look after them.
Unquote

In fact Kate was 7 months pregnant when she returned to the UK in 2004 twins born 1/2/05.


http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/AMANDA-COXON.htm
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/HAYLEY_PLUMBER.htm
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/SHARON_LEWIN.htm
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/RESPONSE-ROGATORY.htm#

Just read Amanda's...... Blimey!!!!

This bit interests me in blue. What is she trying to say...

With relation to the question about haemorrhages, I was never present at any episode when Madeleine bled, other than a normal nose bleed when she inserted her finger into her nose and bled.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Sharon Lewin (Nursery School Worker)

Post by canada12 on 20.05.14 8:27

Andrew77R wrote:So it appears then when MBM was 3 she remained at the same nursery but just moved up into the older class being cared of by Hayley Plummer... I think?

What a useful coincidence that Hayley's boyfriend is also Kate's cousin. Very useful as well that they would go over every 2 months (as she states) to look after MBM. 

Good to see the twins get a mention this time. Although this statement was taken over 2 weeks later than Sharon's. Did someone say, you best mention the twins when you say you come over otherwise looks a bit suspicious?

I think Hayley has had a bit more coaching than Sharon in terms of what to say and how to say it.

This line sticks out for me:
For me Madeleine is calm and easy to get on with.

Her entire statement is in the past tense, but this line reverts to the present tense, almost as if she suddenly remembered that she'd been coached to mention Madeleine in the present tense rather than the past tense. And why the modifier, "for me". It's a very odd sentence.

canada12

Posts : 1461
Reputation : 198
Join date : 2013-10-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharon Lewin (Nursery School Worker)

Post by Guest on 20.05.14 8:37

@canada12 wrote:
This line sticks out for me:
For me Madeleine is calm and easy to get on with.

Her entire statement is in the past tense, but this line reverts to the present tense, almost as if she suddenly remembered that she'd been coached to mention Madeleine in the present tense rather than the past tense. And why the modifier, "for me". It's a very odd sentence.
Yes, a very odd sentence. Didn't spot that.

FOR ME... So for everyone else she was far from calm and easy to get on with....

@Blackcatboogie

Yes, didn't clock that at first. So she later married BK's son and became the Manager of this nursery then...

We only have her word that MBM was actually at the nursery from 3+ years of age...

Interesting..

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Sharon Lewin (Nursery School Worker)

Post by tigger on 20.05.14 10:33

Witness statement of Amanda Jane Coxon (former McCann cleaning woman) 2008.05.02

Leicestershire Police Force

Statement by: Amanda Jane Coxon

Date: 2nd May 2008

I am a friend of Gerry and Kate, I used to work for them and also looked after the children.
I got to know Gerry and Kate in the year 2000, I worked as a cleaner in their house in Queniborough, once a week. From the beginning they were always a very friendly couple.
During the time I worked there, Kate had her first daughter, Madeleine. Kate asked me whether I would look after Madeleine twice a week when she returned to work part time. I agreed and she would leave Madeleine at my house and come and pick her up later in the day.

Kate, Gerry and Madeleine moved to Amsterdam for a year and when they returned Kate was pregnant with the twins. The twins were born in February 2006 and from that time I helped to look after them.

The relationship I had with Gerry and Kate turned into friendship over the years and I consider myself to be a good friend of Kate's. After their return from Portugal we became very close.

Gerry is a person with his feet very firmly placed on the ground, a pleasant person who made us feel welcome from the very beginning. He is very conscientious with regard to his work but also loves his family very much. He adores the children and would often have fun rolling about on the floor with Madeleine. Kate is also a very friendly person, she is calm and serene and also adores the children. I never heard her raise her voice with Madeleine or become irritated with her. I have no knowledge of any conflict between Kate and Gerry, or between them and Madeleine. I do not know of any problem or conflict between Madeleine and any other person or child.

I had a good relationship with Madeleine, I would describe her as full of fun, intelligent for her age and very active. She is a very happy girl and the last time I saw her, she was already capable of maintaining a conversation. She clearly understood the instructions given to her and was a good listener.


I would say that Madeleine is a very healthy girl and I never noticed any changes in behaviour. I would not describe her as a hyperactive child. I do not know of any problem related to sleeping, but I was rarely present when she went to bed.

Kate and Gerry never mentioned having any type of problem with Madeleine.
She was well behaved, never caused her parents any problems and apparently always understood what she was told. The parents never looked tired of taking care of Madeleine.

I have no knowledge about whether Madeleine was subject to taking medicine and I never saw anyone giving her any medication. Gerry and Kate never referred to any medication that Madeleine was taking.

As I said before, Madeleine was a very well behaved and lively child.

With relation to the question about haemorrhages, I was never present at any episode when Madeleine bled, other than a normal nose bleed when she inserted her finger into her nose and bled.

Nothing different from any other child having a nose bleed.

In my opinion, Kate and Gerry and the children are a happy family who enjoy having fun together. There are no words to describe what happened last year and they do not deserve to have been treated in the way they have been, by the community and by the press. They are two decent and hardworking people who are devoted to their children.
This is my statement and is true according to my understanding.

unquote

Now, looking at the statements of the other two, we find that Sharon knows about Calpol which was given her to lower her temperature. But she doesn't specify where that was, at nursery or at home?
So that's Sharon who''s sorted out the Calpol accusations.
Amanda Coxon, the cleaner who became a good friend and babysitter - hearts of gold the Mcs - makes a very interesting statement above. She was never present at any episode when Madeleine bled...
implying that such occasions did take place. She isn't talking about 'normal' nosebleeds, because she specifies that she was present on occasions when that happened.
So Amanda was detailed to sort that one.
All of them sorted the sleeping problem, there wasn't one. Those stars in the kitchen? Just decoration.

One of the questions asked Gerry was whether Maddie had frequent nosebleeds. iirc he did state at one time that she did have frequent nosebleeds.

Gerry rolling on the floor with Maddie is a most peculiar way to describe the happy, child-loving family. Probably came from the Big Book of Parenting,  so often consulted to find suitable anecdotes. Such asa child of three understanding  Harry Potter.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8114
Reputation : 39
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharon Lewin (Nursery School Worker)

Post by wicksy on 20.05.14 17:22

Andrew77R wrote:
@canada12 wrote:
This line sticks out for me:
For me Madeleine is calm and easy to get on with.

Her entire statement is in the past tense, but this line reverts to the present tense, almost as if she suddenly remembered that she'd been coached to mention Madeleine in the present tense rather than the past tense. And why the modifier, "for me". It's a very odd sentence.
Yes, a very odd sentence. Didn't spot that.

FOR ME... So for everyone else she was far from calm and easy to get on with....

@Blackcatboogie

Yes, didn't clock that at first. So she later married BK's son and became the Manager of this nursery then...

We only have her word that MBM was actually at the nursery from 3+ years of age...

Interesting..
I imagine the PJ must have been dismayed to read such anodyne, clearly coached statements. After all that effort to get the rogs done.

But... I believe that what we're reading are statements that were originally made and recorded in English, then translated into Portuguese for the PJ, and then translated back into English after the files were released (please correct me if I'm wrong). So some of the odd sentences and expressions could be due to this. I don't speak Portuguese but I do speak Spanish, which is reasonably similar. In Spanish, 'para mi' (which can be translated literally as 'for me') is a way of giving an opinion. So it's possible that something like 'I'd say that...' got translated to the Portuguese equivalent of 'para mi' and then translated back to 'for me'.

wicksy

Posts : 28
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-05-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharon Lewin (Nursery School Worker)

Post by aquila on 20.05.14 17:32

@wicksy wrote:
Andrew77R wrote:
@canada12 wrote:
This line sticks out for me:
For me Madeleine is calm and easy to get on with.

Her entire statement is in the past tense, but this line reverts to the present tense, almost as if she suddenly remembered that she'd been coached to mention Madeleine in the present tense rather than the past tense. And why the modifier, "for me". It's a very odd sentence.
Yes, a very odd sentence. Didn't spot that.

FOR ME... So for everyone else she was far from calm and easy to get on with....

@Blackcatboogie

Yes, didn't clock that at first. So she later married BK's son and became the Manager of this nursery then...

We only have her word that MBM was actually at the nursery from 3+ years of age...

Interesting..
I imagine the PJ must have been dismayed to read such anodyne, clearly coached statements. After all that effort to get the rogs done.

But... I believe that what we're reading are statements that were originally made and recorded in English, then translated into Portuguese for the PJ, and then translated back into English after the files were released (please correct me if I'm wrong). So some of the odd sentences and expressions could be due to this. I don't speak Portuguese but I do speak Spanish, which is reasonably similar. In Spanish, 'para mi' (which can be translated literally as 'for me') is a way of giving an opinion. So it's possible that something like 'I'd say that...' got translated to the Portuguese equivalent of 'para mi' and then translated back to 'for me'.
Hi Wicksy,

I questioned this yesterday. I'm not sure like yourself if I'm looking at a 'double translation'.

aquila

Posts : 7991
Reputation : 1229
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharon Lewin (Nursery School Worker)

Post by juliet on 20.05.14 17:50

Kate McCann seems far from serene in character yet someone else - BoD? - also used this word for her.

juliet

Posts : 579
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-06-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharon Lewin (Nursery School Worker)

Post by aquila on 20.05.14 17:57

@juliet wrote:Kate McCann seems far from serene in character yet someone else - BoD? - also used this word for her.  
Swans look serene. They can be vicious creatures. Anger a swan at your own peril.

aquila

Posts : 7991
Reputation : 1229
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharon Lewin (Nursery School Worker)

Post by wicksy on 20.05.14 18:00

@aquila wrote:
@wicksy wrote:
Andrew77R wrote:
@canada12 wrote:
This line sticks out for me:
For me Madeleine is calm and easy to get on with.

Her entire statement is in the past tense, but this line reverts to the present tense, almost as if she suddenly remembered that she'd been coached to mention Madeleine in the present tense rather than the past tense. And why the modifier, "for me". It's a very odd sentence.
Yes, a very odd sentence. Didn't spot that.

FOR ME... So for everyone else she was far from calm and easy to get on with....

@Blackcatboogie

Yes, didn't clock that at first. So she later married BK's son and became the Manager of this nursery then...

We only have her word that MBM was actually at the nursery from 3+ years of age...

Interesting..
I imagine the PJ must have been dismayed to read such anodyne, clearly coached statements. After all that effort to get the rogs done.

But... I believe that what we're reading are statements that were originally made and recorded in English, then translated into Portuguese for the PJ, and then translated back into English after the files were released (please correct me if I'm wrong). So some of the odd sentences and expressions could be due to this. I don't speak Portuguese but I do speak Spanish, which is reasonably similar. In Spanish, 'para mi' (which can be translated literally as 'for me') is a way of giving an opinion. So it's possible that something like 'I'd say that...' got translated to the Portuguese equivalent of 'para mi' and then translated back to 'for me'.
Hi Wicksy,

I questioned this yesterday. I'm not sure like yourself if I'm looking at a 'double translation'.
Hi aquila,

I don't know how we could find out for sure, but a lot of these rog statements sound like double translations. At some stage they would have been translated into Portuguese, that's for sure. Did the PJ release both English and Portuguese versions of the interviews?

wicksy

Posts : 28
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-05-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharon Lewin (Nursery School Worker)

Post by Genbug on 21.05.14 14:51

In her statement, Kate's friend Karen McCalman also claims to look after Madeleine some days and afternoons. Sorry, can't give a link or anything, I have a new laptop and have absolutely no idea how to do it!

Genbug

Posts : 186
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-12-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharon Lewin (Nursery School Worker)

Post by Guest on 21.05.14 15:11

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/KA-LEMc.htm

"I took care of Madeleine some afternoons or days."

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Sharon Lewin (Nursery School Worker)

Post by Rasputin on 21.05.14 15:15

@Genbug wrote:In her statement, Kate's friend Karen McCalman also claims to look after Madeleine some days and afternoons. Sorry, can't give a link or anything, I have a new laptop and have absolutely no idea how to do it!

McCalman was Campaign Coordinator for the fund for Over 3 years , helped with the findmadeleine website and worked for Blackhorse finace , now in the energy sector ... a high flying babysitter !

____________________
"I'm not buying it" Wendy Murphy

Rasputin

Posts : 269
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-11-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharon Lewin (Nursery School Worker)

Post by tigger on 21.05.14 17:43

@Rasputin wrote:
@Genbug wrote:In her statement, Kate's friend Karen McCalman also claims to look after Madeleine some days and afternoons. Sorry, can't give a link or anything, I have a new laptop and have absolutely no idea how to do it!

McCalman was Campaign Coordinator for the fund for Over 3 years  , helped with the findmadeleine website and worked for Blackhorse finace , now in the energy sector ... a high flying babysitter !


We should add to that the McCann family who said they helped out and Maddie stayed with them off and on.
Somebody suggested that Kate"s remark on CW that they mostly missed her at family gatherings was because that was mostly when they saw her, suggesting she was elsewhere most of the time.

Eta: fairly recently I translated the comments of a Dutch creche assistant who looked after Maddie. Iirc she said 'talk about dumping your kids! '  apparently Kate would deliver Maddie and be off, no social niceties.

Maddie was only 8 months old when they went to Amsterdam.

Other thing that's always puzzled me is that Maddie's passport shows two Schiphol stamps : the 4th and 7th of April.
Was she visiting Amsterdam for three days or away for three days?

The Paynes looked after Maddie during the Mallorca holiday so the McCanns could have quality time with the twins, who on past evidence were probably fast asleep and less than 6 months old.
So what did the quality time consist of?  Checking to see if they were breathing?   nah

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8114
Reputation : 39
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharon Lewin (Nursery School Worker)

Post by bristow on 21.05.14 20:25

Sounds like poor Madeleine was cared for by everyone, apart from her parents.

____________________
Coincidence is a messenger sent by truth.

bristow

Posts : 823
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-11-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Amsterdam Stamps

Post by missbeetle on 22.05.14 3:31

@tigger wrote:
@Rasputin wrote:
@Genbug wrote:In her statement, Kate's friend Karen McCalman also claims to look after Madeleine some days and afternoons. Sorry, can't give a link or anything, I have a new laptop and have absolutely no idea how to do it!

McCalman was Campaign Coordinator for the fund for Over 3 years  , helped with the findmadeleine website and worked for Blackhorse finace , now in the energy sector ... a high flying babysitter !


We should add to that the McCann family who said they helped out and Maddie stayed with them off and on.
Somebody suggested that Kate"s remark on CW that they mostly missed her at family gatherings was because that was mostly when they saw her, suggesting she was elsewhere most of the time.

Eta: fairly recently I translated the comments of a Dutch creche assistant who looked after Maddie. Iirc she said 'talk about dumping your kids! '  apparently Kate would deliver Maddie and be off, no social niceties.

Maddie was only 8 months old when they went to Amsterdam.

Other thing that's always puzzled me is that Maddie's passport shows two Schiphol stamps : the 4th and 7th of April.
Was she visiting Amsterdam for three days or away for three days?

The Paynes looked after Maddie during the Mallorca holiday so the McCanns could have quality time with the twins, who on past evidence were probably fast asleep and less than 6 months old.
So what did the quality time consist of?  Checking to see if they were breathing?   nah
Hey Tigger -

This is the first I've heard of the Amsterdam stamps in Madeleine's passport.

Odd.

Just before Easter 2007.

Were the parents' passports stamped as well?

missbeetle

Posts : 985
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2014-02-28
Location : New Zealand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharon Lewin (Nursery School Worker)

Post by tigger on 22.05.14 5:13

Afaik they were not. I've been told that it's very unusual to have a passport stamped even then.

Someone here said not long ago that it's likely Maddie's passport was stamped if she wasn't travelling with her parents.

Kate must already have been busy with the next IVF treatment as she would have been pregnant by May 2004.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8114
Reputation : 39
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum