The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Kate's Mates

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Kate's Mates

Post by j.rob on 31.07.14 14:45

@missbeetle wrote:

Rectangular patch across the forehead. Given that Kate is young, female and Catholic, I doubt it would be to cover up a zabiba.

Chinese headache plaster, perhaps?

" "

Magnified to 400, schoolgirl Kate has a squared-off corner to the left of her mouth...

...and what appears to be a bionic left eye.

As to the McCann mob's motives for fiddling about with photographs - who knows?

The school girl one of Kate - allegedly taken at the age of nine, looks like another of those manipulations. The angle of the head. The eyes and mouth. 

But WHY? Surely there must be a genuine photo of Kate as a school girl that they could have used?

j.rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nglfi on 31.07.14 16:20

@Sonmi-451 wrote:Hi MissBeetle,

I've commented a few times before on photos as it's an area in which I have some relevant knowledge so think I can chip in, (n.b. I work with digital photography, tinkering and changing images, etc.).  The gist of my contributions are that I don't see any McCann photos showing evidence of malicious manipulation. The way digital cameras process images is partly to 'join the dots', (or, more specifically the pixels) and to an extent 'guess' what the image is meant to be as it is being processed and stored to the SD card/chip. Digital cameras are sometimes quite clever things and clicking the shutter button can/will (depending on the settings used) result in numerous algorithms being run to (try and) optimise the image. Whereas this means that great photos can be created be amateurs time after time, without having to alter lenses and settings, it does mean that there can often be seemingly odd patterns of tone, seemingly disjointed lines, etc.  On top of this is that (almost) every time a photo is scanned, reproduced, pasted, emailed, etc. the file size will be compressed which effectively means that more and more 'guesswork' has occurred in order to reduce the file size further... thus exacerbating any imperceptible flaws in how the image may have originally been processed, or creating new flaws.
Can I just ask if the information you've given above would also have applied to commercially available cameras back in 2007? Technology seems to have come so far, so fast and I wonder if all the things you've mentioned are likely to have been present on the camera the McCanns used to take these pictures.
I do agree with you about pre conceived ideas ad how they can shape our analysis of photos, and indeed it is important to be aware of this when looking at TM's photo collection.

nglfi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 31.07.14 17:09

The Canon PowerShot A620 was top of the range in 2005/6 when it was released.
See
http://www.digitalcamerareview.com/default.asp?newsID=2652

The A620 provides many shooting modes, from fully automatic, to full manual control. On the mode dial you have the following options:

Auto
P -- Program AE -- you get more control over ISO, flash, metering while the camera calculates correct aperture and shutter speed
Tv -- Shutter priority -- in addition to flexible settings in P mode, you can set the shutter speed and the camera determines the aperture setting
Av -- Aperture priority -- like Tv mode, but you set the aperture while the camera sets the shutter speed
M -- full manual control
C -- allows you to save custom settings
Portrait
Landscape
Night Shot
SCN -- Choose from Night Snapshot, Kids & Pets, Indoor, Foliage, Snow, Beach, Fireworks, and Underwater. The camera uses optimal settings for these conditions.
My Colors -- Lets you choose from several modes that lets you modify the colors in your images.
Stitch Assist -- Canon's mode that makes it easy to take a series of shots that can easily be stitched together with their software tool
Movie

So where is the film of Madeleine playing tennis, swimming, wind-surfing, deep sea fishing,

Images can be captured at resolutions of: 3,072 x 2,304, 2,592 x 1,944, 2,048 x 1,536, 1,600 x 1,200, and 640 x 480. There are three settings for quality, SuperFine, Fine, and Normal. Movies can be capture at 640x480 and 320x240 at 30 fps and 15 fps.

For storage media, the A620 accepts SD and MMC memory cards.

For power, the camera takes 4 AA sized batteries. I used high-capacity rechargeable NiMH batteries and experienced excellent battery life. After taking around 100 shots for the review - some with flash, doing some reviewing, taking some movies - I set the camera to continuous to see if I could run the batteries down. Now, continuous mode, with flash and without, doesn't really simulate average usage, but I got to about 500 shots and decided to give up (I know, very scientific of me...).

And they took . . . how many ?
Last Photo, tennis balls (possibly, though several other people say they took that one) wendy house jumping.
And they gave to the PJ . . . how many ?
None.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 31.07.14 17:33

@PeterMac wrote:The Canon PowerShot A620 was top of the range in 2005/6 when it was released.
See
http://www.digitalcamerareview.com/default.asp?newsID=2652

The A620 provides many shooting modes, from fully automatic, to full manual control. On the mode dial you have the following options:

Auto
P -- Program AE -- you get more control over ISO, flash, metering while the camera calculates correct aperture and shutter speed
Tv -- Shutter priority -- in addition to flexible settings in P mode, you can set the shutter speed and the camera determines the aperture setting
Av -- Aperture priority -- like Tv mode, but you set the aperture while the camera sets the shutter speed
M -- full manual control
C -- allows you to save custom settings
Portrait
Landscape
Night Shot
SCN -- Choose from Night Snapshot, Kids & Pets, Indoor, Foliage, Snow, Beach, Fireworks, and Underwater. The camera uses optimal settings for these conditions.
My Colors -- Lets you choose from several modes that lets you modify the colors in your images.
Stitch Assist -- Canon's mode that makes it easy to take a series of shots that can easily be stitched together with their software tool
Movie

So where is the film of Madeleine playing tennis, swimming, wind-surfing, deep sea fishing,

Images can be captured at resolutions of: 3,072 x 2,304, 2,592 x 1,944, 2,048 x 1,536, 1,600 x 1,200, and 640 x 480. There are three settings for quality, SuperFine, Fine, and Normal. Movies can be capture at 640x480 and 320x240 at 30 fps and 15 fps.

For storage media, the A620 accepts SD and MMC memory cards.

For power, the camera takes 4 AA sized batteries. I used high-capacity rechargeable NiMH batteries and experienced excellent battery life. After taking around 100 shots for the review - some with flash, doing some reviewing, taking some movies - I set the camera to continuous to see if I could run the batteries down. Now, continuous mode, with flash and without, doesn't really simulate average usage, but I got to about 500 shots and decided to give up (I know, very scientific of me...).

And they took . . .  how many ?
Last Photo, tennis balls (possibly, though several other people say they took that one) wendy house jumping.
And they gave to the PJ  . . . how many ?
None.

As I've said before, at that time I was using a Powershot G2 with a 512MB Compact Flash card. Typically on a fortnight's holiday I would take three to four hundred photos and maybe twenty or thirty video clips.

Back to top Go down

Dance of the Bridal Veils...?

Post by missbeetle on 10.08.14 22:55

I'm curious as to how Fiona has secured her veil to her head.

Not that I think the answer to this'll crack the case...

...but Fiona, Kate and Linda (McQueen) have all been depicted as veiled brides.

It was the Barbie Doll in Gerry's pocket that reminded me of this.

My thoughts, anyhow...

missbeetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on 15.08.14 11:56

@missbeetle wrote:

I'm curious as to how Fiona has secured her veil to her head.

Not that I think the answer to this'll crack the case...

...but Fiona, Kate and Linda (McQueen) have all been depicted as veiled brides.

It was the Barbie Doll in Gerry's pocket that reminded me of this.

My thoughts, anyhow...

This is another one of those photos that, at first glance, looks like a completely normal and ordinary snap shot from a wedding. So far, so good. On closer scrutiny, it is slightly strange for several reasons. Firstly, Kate is very casually dressed, given this was presumably a white wedding in Italy. She is wearing what looks to be a chain-store strappy top and a very casual, again chain store type, skirt. 

Now there is of course absolutely nothing wrong with wearing casual clothes from a chain-store at a wedding! But Kate does seem to be someone who does care about appearances (she often writes about other people's clothes and appearances in her book, sometimes in quite derogatory terms ). In her media interviews she always seemed to have taken care of her grooming, clothes and general appearance. And she specifically mentions Madeleine's 'brand name' clothes that she was wearing at the time that the swimming pool photo was taken, allegedly 'the last photo' of Madeleine.

So you cannot help thinking that such casual attire is not typical of Kate, especially when you consider this is the wedding of a 'special friend' (page 383, Madeleine). 

The other curiosity about the photo is the towel and the man in the background. The towel appears to be 'hovering' in the air, rather like a low flying magic carpet. Given that the photo has been selected for a book, and therefore care will have gone into what is included and why, why not just crop out most of the towel? It detracts from the portrait and gives the appearance of a 'messy' background.. If the towel had been cropped out (or at least most of the towel) so too would the man who is standing in the background with his back to the camera. Why not crop him out? He detracts from the photo? You find yourself wondering who he is and why he has been included.

I suspect this is yet another of those 'composites' so beloved of the McCanns. As you say, missbe, Fiona's veil appears to be independent of Fiona's head. And boy, does she have a knuckle-duster on the fourth finger of her right hand!

Still, Kate's book is "an account of the truth" so all the words and photos are no doubt there to promote the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. 

Amen!

j.rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 15.08.14 14:52

"My reason for writing it is simple: to give an account of the truth" KM.
-------------------------------

the BIG word, perversely, in this sentence is 'AN'

Meaning there could be 'OTHER accounts' of the 'truth'

"AN" account is not 'THE' (definitive) account.

Something you want to tell us, Kate?

Like THE one and ONLY 'true account' of the truth?

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnyT on 15.08.14 15:34

.......and if the man and the towel had of been cropped out, people would be saying WHY have they been cropped out do they hold a clue. They just can't win (not that I'm a fan, tbh I can't stand the snidey pair or the whole 7 )
 I can understand the pool photo being doctored (excuse the pun) to show certain people at a specific time and place, but come on, really? you think ALL these pictures have been 'shopped'...ridiculous IMO.

JohnyT

JohnyT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsC on 15.08.14 16:17

@JohnyT wrote:.......and if the man and the towel had of been cropped out, people would be saying WHY have they been cropped out do they hold a clue. They just can't win (not that I'm a fan, tbh I can't stand the snidey pair or the whole 7 )
 I can understand the pool photo being doctored (excuse the pun) to show certain people at a specific time and place, but come on, really? you think ALL these pictures have been 'shopped'...ridiculous IMO.

JohnyT

100% agreed!

MrsC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 15.08.14 16:19

Me too. That is a weird veil though!

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 15.08.14 16:38

@MrsC wrote:
@JohnyT wrote:.......and if the man and the towel had of been cropped out, people would be saying WHY have they been cropped out do they hold a clue. They just can't win (not that I'm a fan, tbh I can't stand the snidey pair or the whole 7 )

JohnyT

100% agreed!
Completely agree with you, JohnnyT!

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by missbeetle on 15.08.14 21:33

@jeanmonroe wrote:"My reason for writing it is simple: to give an account of the truth" KM.

Well put, jeanmonroe - 'an' account of the truth -

- I would add Kate does not claim it is 'her' account of the truth.

Whilst all the photographs in 'madeleine' may not have been photoshopped -

- the choice of pictures and their inclusions are indeed odd.

JohnyT - if the unidentified man pictured behind Kate's left shoulder had been cropped out -

- as would have been quite easy to do - we would not have known of his existence.

Not wondered why he wasn't there...

...nor would I be wondering how he fits in to this whole mysterious story of a disappearance.

missbeetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnyT on 15.08.14 22:14

@missbeetle wrote:
@jeanmonroe wrote:"My reason for writing it is simple: to give an account of the truth" KM.

JohnyT - if the unidentified man pictured behind Kate's left shoulder had been cropped out -

- as would have been quite easy to do - we would not have known of his existence.

...nor would I be wondering how he fits in to this whole mysterious story of a disappearance.
.......of course you would....because somewhere there would have been an original photo and then when you saw it the suspicions would arise.
JohnyT

JohnyT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobs on 15.08.14 22:46

Exactly Jeanmonroe

Not TO tell the truth

Not OUR account of the truth

Not even MY account of the truth

Simply AN account of the truth.

She takes ownershop of the writing but not ownership of the truth.

if pushed on this specific she can claim she didn't lie, it wasn't the truth and nothing but the truth since they would be currently sitting in prison, rather it is an account, one of perhaps many depending on how cloesely it is examined.

This will however be entered into evidence  since it is her own words (even if ghost written she still had responsibilty for it)

The contradictions between it and the rogs and every statement both written and spoken since Maddie vanished will be noted and compared.

Why did you say this in your rogs and that in your books when they contradict each other and vice versa?

She cannot say it was imisinterpted or she misspoke(mistyped) since she had the final say so as to the words written.

I wonder if her attornies tolf her sit down and say nothing or if they did and she told them to go procreate themselves or if her attorney said this is a great idea. (somehow i doubt the latter if they were any good and read it before it being published.

I suspect she saw it in the short term and a money maker and sympathy generator.

The rest of us saw it as one long statement and confession.

Hobs

View user profile http://tania-cadogan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on 16.08.14 12:13

@MrsC wrote:

JohnyT

100% agreed!

How would anyone know who had been cropped out or not? You can't see the man's face. He is not posing for the camera. If this is a genuine photo he would not even know he was in it. People tend to take dozens of 'snaps' at weddings. Unless you are actually standing posing for the camera, you would't know or care whether you had been 'cropped out'. A hazy shot of a man's back and what looks to be a beach towel hardly enhance the photo. 

Why not have a more 'formal' photo showing Kate and Gerry in all their finery for what was, presumably (given location) quite an 'up-market' wedding?

No-one would ask why the man or the towel had been cropped out. What is bizarre is that they are in there in the first place. 

As it happens,  I think each and every photo in Kate's book has been doctored in some way. They are all weird. Not a single one that isn't. 

I agree, it is completely ridiculous. But then the Mcs are.

IMO.

j.rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on 16.08.14 12:28

@JohnyT wrote:
@missbeetle wrote:

.......of course you would....because somewhere there would have been an original photo and then when you saw it the suspicions would arise.
JohnyT

Dont be silly Johny T. Given the dozens of snaps that people take at weddings, why on earth would someone who wasn't posing for the shot give a damn whether a hazy view of his back was included or not? It's not like they are going to be offended when they didn't pose for the photo or even know it was taken. 

The only scenario where you might be suspicious is if there was some kind of formal group photo and someone or people had been cropped out. But even then, there might be a good reason for it. If this is a genuine photo, this man would presumably not even know it had been taken. He is (apparently) entirely disengaged with the photo and is merely a random person in the background. So you are suggesting that the person whose back is shown fuzzily in the background of this photo is going to look through all the photos that were taken at the wedding, find ones where he is shown randomly and fuzzily in the background and then be suspicious that he was cropped out?

I think not.

On the other hand, if you looked through Kate's book and happened to recognize a fuzzy version of your back in one of the photos, you might be curious as to why Kate McCann had chosen to include this, when it appears to add nothing to the photo? I suppose you might go even further and wonder whether you even were in that particular place at that particular time when the photos was allegedly taken. And if you weren't, or if there was something odd about the whole thing, you might then become quite suspicious as to exactly what kind of little game is being played out. And why.

A picture tells a thousand words, so they say.

Why not just a nice little line-up photo of the Paynes with Kate and Gerry, for instance. You know, something normal.

Oh, I forgot, the Mcs don't do 'normal'.

I would add Kate does not claim it is 'her' account of the truth.

Kate is the author of the book She writes that the reason she wrote the book is simple: 'to give an account of the truth'. If it is not her account, then whose account is it?

Genuinely curious. If it's not Kate's account, whose account is it?

How many different accounts of 'the truth' are there?

j.rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

'madeleine'...is Kate McCann's account of the truth...?

Post by missbeetle on 16.08.14 23:30

I think it is.

'Kate McCann's' account of the truth, that is.

It was reading her account of the births of Sean and Amelie again -

- naturally, after a high-risk pregnancy, with Amelie breech presentation...

...that I thought "it's like someone is pretending to be Kate McCann having these babies".

It's almost as if the character Kate McCann was in some sort of television series...

...and 'madeleine' was like a book brought out in time for Christmas to accompany it.

So much in it is weird nonsense - the photographs, the florid descriptions and inconsistancies.

Yet there is some truth in it... 'Kate McCann' was in Praia da Luz in May, 2007.

Kate Healy was also there - according to the crèche records.

Indeed they are one and the same person.

However, I believe 'Kate McCann' is a persona that has been thrust upon Kate Healy...

(with reference to the comment-left-on-Cristobell's-blog-thread opening post)

...'Kate McCann' being self-obsessed, possibly a bit boozy and with peculiar ideas about childcare.

'Kate McCann' who talks about her sex life with Gerry and lives a Barbie Doll life in a big house.

'Kate McCann' who is a vain, silly and neglectful mother, and whose daughter was abducted in May 2007.

(or died accidentally, or was killed)

This somehow doesn't tally with my observations of Kate in pictures and in videos.

I really don't see her as some sort of a narcissist. She's doing the best she can in an awful situation.

Both Peter Lawrence (Claudia's father) and Tim Craig-Harvey seem warmly disposed to her -

- I value their judgements - and I do believe Kate to be a kind mother to her children.

The 'account of the truth' by Kate McCann would be quite different to one written by Kate Healy.

My thoughts and opinions, anyhow.

missbeetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnyT on 17.08.14 12:09

@j.rob wrote:
@JohnyT wrote:
@missbeetle wrote:

JohnyT

Dont be silly Johny T. Given the dozens of snaps that people take at weddings, why on earth would someone who wasn't posing for the shot give a damn whether a hazy view of his back was included or not? It's not like they are going to be offended when they didn't pose for the photo or even know it was taken. 

The only scenario where you might be suspicious is if there was some kind of formal group photo and someone or people had been cropped out. But even then, there might be a good reason for it. If this is a genuine photo, this man would presumably not even know it had been taken. He is (apparently) entirely disengaged with the photo and is merely a random person in the background. So you are suggesting that the person whose back is shown fuzzily in the background of this photo is going to look through all the photos that were taken at the wedding, find ones where he is shown randomly and fuzzily in the background and then be suspicious that he was cropped out?

I think not.

On the other hand, if you looked through Kate's book and happened to recognize a fuzzy version of your back in one of the photos, you might be curious as to why Kate McCann had chosen to include this, when it appears to add nothing to the photo? I suppose you might go even further and wonder whether you even were in that particular place at that particular time when the photos was allegedly taken. And if you weren't, or if there was something odd about the whole thing, you might then become quite suspicious as to exactly what kind of little game is being played out. And why.

A picture tells a thousand words, so they say.

Why not just a nice little line-up photo of the Paynes with Kate and Gerry, for instance. You know, something normal.

Oh, I forgot, the Mcs don't do 'normal'.

I would add Kate does not claim it is 'her' account of the truth.

Kate is the author of the book She writes that the reason she wrote the book is simple: 'to give an account of the truth'. If it is not her account, then whose account is it?

Genuinely curious. If it's not Kate's account, whose account is it?

How many different accounts of 'the truth' are there?
Who's talking about the person in the shot complaining whether they'd been cropped out or not.? I'm not! All I was saying is if a photo has been cropped or whatever some people, on here, come out with ridiculous claims and look for a reason why. Your reply to me was NOT what I was talking about at all.
JohnyT

JohnyT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg on 17.08.14 21:49

@missbeetle wrote:I think it is.

'Kate McCann's' account of the truth, that is.

It was reading her account of the births of Sean and Amelie again -

- naturally, after a high-risk pregnancy, with Amelie breech presentation...

...that I thought "it's like someone is pretending to be Kate McCann having these babies".

It's almost as if the character Kate McCann was in some sort of television series...

...and 'madeleine' was like a book brought out in time for Christmas to accompany it.

So much in it is weird nonsense - the photographs, the florid descriptions and inconsistancies.

Yet there is some truth in it... 'Kate McCann' was in Praia da Luz in May, 2007.

Kate Healy was also there - according to the crèche records.

Indeed they are one and the same person.

However, I believe 'Kate McCann' is a persona that has been thrust upon Kate Healy...

(with reference to the comment-left-on-Cristobell's-blog-thread opening post)

...'Kate McCann' being self-obsessed, possibly a bit boozy and with peculiar ideas about childcare.

'Kate McCann' who talks about her sex life with Gerry and lives a Barbie Doll life in a big house.

'Kate McCann' who is a vain, silly and neglectful mother, and whose daughter was abducted in May 2007.

(or died accidentally, or was killed)

This somehow doesn't tally with my observations of Kate in pictures and in videos.

I really don't see her as some sort of a narcissist. She's doing the best she can in an awful situation.

Both Peter Lawrence (Claudia's father) and Tim Craig-Harvey seem warmly disposed to her -

- I value their judgements - and I do believe Kate to be a kind mother to her children.

The 'account of the truth' by Kate McCann would be quite different to one written by Kate Healy.

My thoughts and opinions, anyhow.
An interesting post. 

I dont see Kate Healy as a narcissist. For the reason that you never get 2 narcissists living together. Simply doesn't happen (You can read all about it - in psychological studies of narcissism ) . Only 1 narcissist and in this case I would think that is GM.
I would say that Kate was a loving mum -probably a fairly quiet and reserved type - until thrust into this situation.

HelenMeg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 18.08.14 10:50

I would say that Kate was a loving mum -probably a fairly quiet and reserved type - until thrust into this situation
-----------------------------------------------

And then you WOKE UP!  winkwink 

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 18.08.14 11:41

@jeanmonroe wrote:I would say that Kate was a loving mum -probably a fairly quiet and reserved type - until thrust into this situation

big grin

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on 18.08.14 17:31

@Mirage wrote:
@jeanmonroe wrote:I would say that Kate was a loving mum -probably a fairly quiet and reserved type - until thrust into this situation

big grin

I think she wanted to be a 'loving mum'. This is how she wishes to portray herself. And she wants to portray Gerry as a 'loving dad'.

But neither of them were able to be those things, imo, especially given the strain of having twins when they already had a 20 month year old. And given that Madeleine had colic and didn't sleep much as a baby. And then Kate had a difficult pregnancy and very bad morning sickness with the twins. 

And, despite what she writes in her book about 'doting' grandparents and family, the impression I get is that the family did not rally round to help. And Gerry I would think was firmly focused on his own career and his own interests and achievements. I suspect Kate had depression. 

I doubt very much whether Gerry found family life particularly congenial and I believe he had an aversion to spending money on childcare, or, quite possibly, on his family generally.

Unfortunately it is a myth that all parents are 'loving parents.' Some are not, imo, but manage to be adequate parents despite this as their children are kept safe. Others fail even to ensure this.

And, unfortunately, the McCanns, imo, fall into this category. 

I've had long discussions with a friend whose parents were - well, let's just say she would fit all the criteria for a child who needed to be 'taken into care' - and in actual fact she did live with grandparents for many years - and she says that people find it very difficult to believe or accept that a mother will not and does not love her child. And could be abusive. It goes against what people want to believe in.

IMO.

FWIW,  GM is the one who sends shivers down my spine. And I don't doubt that Kate was caught between a rock and a very hard place indeed. I guess she adopted the ostrich/denial approach as it was probably the only way she could psychologically deal with the situation.

IMO.

j.rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

All together in Amsterdam...

Post by missbeetle on 28.11.14 21:39

@missbeetle wrote:Kate describes her marital apartment in Amsterdam as having one-and-a-half-bedrooms.

Pretty cosy with a relay of helpers - friends and family - to stay to help out pregnant Kate with little Madeleine.

Glad to read that they were able give some of the love back to a friend in need...

(Quote from the bewk)

Then the marriage of two very good friends of ours broke down unexpectedly, just before their daughter’s first birthday, and a distressed mother and child came out to stay with us straight afterwards. At the time Gerry described 2004 as our annus horribilis, but if we thought that year was bad, it would pale into insignificance compared with what lay in the future.
McCann, Kate (2011-05-12). Madeleine: Our daughter's disappearance and the continuing search for her (Kindle Locations 546-548). Transworld. Kindle Edition.

Hmmm?
Bumping this post in reference to the thread being discussed in the Member's Lounge.

(A question for missbeetle : what do you see in these photos?)

I've often pondered who this distressed mother and child might be...

...I'm wondering if it is Seija Rutten, their English friend in Amsterdam...?

You'd need to be pretty pally with someone to co-exist in such close quarters.

Adding in another photograph from the McCann's Netherlands book tour :

What's Kate's red wristband in aid of? Gerry's got a mild watch strap tan line going on.

I can't be doing with buttoned-down collars at the best of times -

- even worse with a short-sleeved shirt. Strange man...!

My thoughts only.

missbeetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 28.11.14 22:19

He's working class, missbeetle, striving to pull himself up to 'respectable' middle-middle. He thinks his short shirt sleeves (aargh) and buttoned collar (aaaargghhh!) are smart and in that category. In the same way that the retired bank manager thinks his polished golf clubs and check trousers show the world what he is.

I adore watching such misguided assumptions. People-watching at it's best!

Back to top Go down

Gerald McCann on Google...

Post by missbeetle on 28.11.14 22:50

I will add also, Dee Coy, that Gerry has a penchant for squared toe shoes...!

Our medical man of misbegotten style appears on a Google image search as :

(snipped from google.co.nz)

'First Marriage' ??

I realise this photograph has been discussed further back in the thread...

(I've previously wondered if Linda was their friend who came to Amsterdam)

...but it does seem quite a supposition on Google's behalf.

My thoughts only.

missbeetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum