The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Kate's Mates

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Kate's Mates

Post by bobbin on 25.05.14 13:58

@missbeetle wrote:

Somebody is behind Kate, left hand holding the knife, right hand gripping Madeleine's arm?

Kate looks smart, dressed up in her Pants of Ganga.

Masonic tea towel?

Kate is tanned - could this have been taken April/May 2007 in PDL? Or a bit later on in the year?

I really don't like this picture.

WHERE is the REFLECTION of Kate's Pants of Ganga on the work surface. Black and White checks needed here.
None there. Folders on shelf in background, reflected on work top.
Aunty (not) Nora's pinny, Maddie's socks etc all reflected but NOT Kate's pants.
WHY ?  splat 

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 1soapy on 25.05.14 14:03

because they are below the level of the table top?

1soapy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 25.05.14 14:13

@1soapy wrote:because they are below the level of the table top?
No, because if they were below the level of the table top WE would not be able to see them.
Also, where is the 'reflection' for the blue candle holder. This has also been pointed out ages ago, I think by tigger.
Re the plates, I think there could be 5 plates reflected, because they look quite deep, almost a bit like flat soup bowls and the '6th' bit that looks like a plate could be the reflection of the deeper 'underside' of the bottom plate.
However, I do agree, that the T towel reflection is a complete joke.
I followed the black indents across with the straight side of an envelope and NO WAY can the top fold be reflected so prominently BELOW the T towel. Also, the cake icing, has to have been tipping over the side of the plate to be reflected as it is and yet the edge of the plate is visible.
Yet another ham job with so many inconsistencies that they equally match the McC and Tapas 7 statements for visible faults.

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 1soapy on 25.05.14 14:33

"No, because if they were below the level of the table top WE would not be able to see them."

Are you serious? Haven't looked at your other points, but sorry, I can't let that go. Why would WE not be able to see Kate's trousers if they are below the height of the worktop? The photo is taken from well above the height of the worktop and so you certainly would expect to see things below the height of the table to a degree (like Kate's trousers which I feel are definitely below table top height). And if so, they will not be reflected.

I've just been making points in earlier posts here about not playing into the hands of conspirators or pro-McCann's and this seems like a classic example to jump on, of incompetent analysis.

Or have I missed something? Sorry if I have.

1soapy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snifferdog on 25.05.14 14:46

We can see a small section of Kate's check pants showing between the stacked plates which means they are ABOVE the countertop. Otherwise it would mean the plates would also be below the countertop.

Snifferdog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 25.05.14 15:04

@1soapy wrote:"No, because if they were below the level of the table top WE would not be able to see them."

Are you serious? Haven't looked at your other points, but sorry, I can't let that go. Why would WE not be able to see Kate's trousers if they are below the height of the worktop? The photo is taken from well above the height of the worktop and so you certainly would expect to see things below the height of the table to a degree (like Kate's trousers which I feel are definitely below table top height). And if so, they will not be reflected.

I've just been making points in earlier posts here about not playing into the hands of conspirators or pro-McCann's and this seems like a classic example to jump on, of incompetent analysis.

Or have I missed something? Sorry if I have.
Now that snifferdog has also answered you, have you had the chance to go back and look at my other points yet ?
If not, may I suggest you do, and perhaps you can comment on the fold on the top of the T towel being able to 'reach across' several centimeters of cloth and get into the reflection beneath, and the blue candle holder which does not have a reflection at all, just like Kate's check trousers, which would, if it were sitting on the work-top directly would have a reflection directly beneath it, and if it were attached to the edge of the cake, would likewise be reflected where the top of the cake is.

I find your suggesting that I am playing into the hands of conspirators or pro-McCanns somewhat overly dramatic and wonder why you seek to dismiss the 'obvious' error of Kate's trousers, being VISIBLE ABOVE the work-top YET NOT being visible as a reflection.

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 25.05.14 15:43

@missbeetle wrote:

Somebody is behind Kate, left hand holding the knife, right hand gripping Madeleine's arm?

Masonic tea towel?

Kate is tanned - could this have been taken April/May 2007 in PDL? Or a bit later on in the year?

Masonic check trousers, Eastern star? Anyone spot any others?

http://symboldictionary.net/?page_id=2520

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady-Heather on 25.05.14 16:02

I really don't like this picture either, especially the reflection in the toaster.

Lady-Heather

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 1soapy on 25.05.14 16:19

Hi Bobbin.

No disrespect intended, maybe I was too hard. Sorry if so. We’re on the same side and both want the truth.

Furthermore, we both think that this photo is particularly strange and manipulated.

We also, it seems, think that there is no reflection of Kate’s trousers, unlike snifferdog, who does, but I can't see it).

Our only disagreement is whether her (actual) trousers are above or below the horizontal level of the work/table top on which the cake/plates rest. You think it is and I think it isn’t. I think that if they are below, then no reflection would show. If so, (the trousers are beneath the table to line) what would you say to there being a reflection? Unless there is something in physics (like the angle from which the photo is taken?) which changes this. We’ll have to disagree.

I have no qualms with anything else (as I haven’t yet looked, but I will as you’d like me to, especially if it adds to the point about the trousers).

The left arm of Madeleine does seem odd, but I’ve seen numerous photos of the like which are innocent. The hands of Kate or the potential superimposition of, ‘aunty’ (or Kate/Madeleine?) is another matter altogether and is more than worthy of suspicion on its own merit, though I respect your more detailed investigation/observations.

Yes, snifferdog. Wrinkles on the neck/arm are a common feature in several pics, I seem to remember. I don't need convincing about the non-authenticity of this picture. I'm totally convinced. We agree.

Kind regards

1soapy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snifferdog on 25.05.14 16:23

As with Maddies right arm there is an odd line that goes straight around Maddies neck...Also Maddies ear seems to be positioned at a strange angle.

Snifferdog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snifferdog on 25.05.14 16:31

1soapy, Please show me where I posted that I can see Kates trousers reflected in the table top.

Snifferdog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 25.05.14 16:43

@1soapy wrote:Hi Bobbin.

No disrespect intended, maybe I was too hard. Sorry if so. We’re on the same side and both want the truth.

Furthermore, we both think that this photo is particularly strange and manipulated.

We also, it seems, think that there is no reflection of Kate’s trousers, unlike snifferdog, who does, but I can't see it).

Our only disagreement is whether her (actual) trousers are above or below the horizontal level of the work/table top on which the cake/plates rest. You think it is and I think it isn’t. I think that if they are below, then no reflection would show. You think it would. Unless there is something in physics (like the angle from which the photo is taken?) which changes this. We’ll have to disagree.

I have no qualms with anything else (as I haven’t yet looked, but I will as you’d like me to, especially if it adds to the point about the trousers).

The left arm of Madeleine does seem odd, but I’ve seen numerous photos of the like which are innocent. The hands of Kate or the potential superimposition of, ‘aunty’ is another matter altogether and is more than worthy of suspicion on its own merit, though I respect your more detailed investigation.

snipped from Snifferdog's reply :
We can see a small section of Kate's check pants showing between the stacked plates which means they are ABOVE the countertop. Otherwise it would mean the plates would also be below the countertop.
snipped.
As you can see, and you are talking of my incompetent analysis in your previous post, you are referring to Snifferdog claiming to 'see a reflection' of Kate's trousers in the worktop, which you and I cannot.
Snifferdog clearly is stating that she can see a part of Kate's trousers between the plates (NOT IN A REFLECTION) and so can I.
Kate's left hip shows the small patch of checks and this is clearly ABOVE the work top because it is between the plates, and Snifferdog states clearly that if this mark were BELOW the counter, then so would the plates be.
So, please don't twist my words or Snifferdog's and then proceed to say that my analysis is incompetent.
Take a look yourself, note that checks from Kate's trousers can be seen BETWEEN the plates, they are at her left hip position, the plates are ABOVE the counter, therefore her trousers are ABOVE the counter, therefore there SHOULD BE a reflection in the counter top. There is NOT A REFLECTION of Kate's trousers, therefore it is, as I said, a serious error in photo-shopping.

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 1soapy on 25.05.14 16:48

I can't find any reference, can you? You sound like you are suggesting that I said you could.

If it's of any help, I said this:

"We also, it seems, think that there is no reflection of Kate’s trousers, unlike snifferdog, who does see a reflection in the table, but I can't see it)."

If it's of any help, you said this:

"We can see a small section of Kate's check pants showing, between the stacked plates

strike through is what I did not say.

Highlight is what you said and what I thought you said and meant.

N.B.

Just re-read (Snifferdog) and I think you might mean seeing Kate's ACTUAL trousers through the plates? I understood you to mean a reflection in the plates. Sorry if I misunderstood. I'll post this and then go and look.

Can I draw both of your attention to my friendly and humbling responses and to my original, one line, very reasonable response to the first mention of reflections, prior to replying further. Thank you. No need to go down old tracks now. Thanks.

1soapy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 25.05.14 17:00

@1soapy wrote:I can't find any reference, can you? You sound like you are suggesting that I said you could.

If it's of any help, I said this:

"We also, it seems, think that there is no reflection of Kate’s trousers, unlike snifferdog, who does see a reflection in the table, but I can't see it)."

If it's of any help, you said this:

"We can see a small section of Kate's check pants showing, between the stacked plates

strike through is what I did not say.

Highlight is what you said and what I thought you said and meant.

N.B.

Just re-read (Snifferdog) and I think you might mean seeing Kate's ACTUAL trousers through the plates? I understood you to mean a reflection in the plates. Sorry if I misunderstood. I'll post this and then go and look.

Can I draw both of your attention to my friendly and humbling responses and to my original, one line, very reasonable response to the first mention of reflections, prior to replying further. Thank you. No need to go down old tracks now. Thanks.

This is a direct take of your post, to which I was responding. You had not struck anything out in this post, and Snifferdog responded to you based on having obviously seen this post (parts un-struck out) too. I merely highlighted the part which questioned why you had thought Snifferdog had referred to a reflection when she clearly had not.

snipped
1soapy Today at 5:19 pm
Hi Bobbin.

Our only disagreement is whether her (actual) trousers are above or below the horizontal level of the work/table top on which the cake/plates rest. You think it is and I think it isn’t. I think that if they are below, then no reflection would show. If so, (the trousers are beneath the table to line) what would you say to there being a reflection? Unless there is something in physics (like the angle from which the photo is taken?) which changes this. We’ll have to disagree.
snipped

I re-iterate, observations demonstrating sloppy photo-shopping, NOT incompetent analysis on my (or Snifferdog's) part.

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 1soapy on 25.05.14 17:07

Thought you were referring to the far left bits on the plate edges, as being a reflection. To be honest, I always thought more of both of you.

Anyway, just looked at the bit of Kate's trousers between the plate stacks (my apologies for taking this to be something else). I am still not convinced. Isn't Kate standing a bit away from the table? Even if it is slightly higher, the left (as we look at it) of her trousers are even further away from the table and might/seem to be slopped down more than the right. And even if either/or the left part is SLIGHTLY higher than the table top, would it necessarily show as a reflection?

If this particular aspect is a big deal to anyone, I'm happy to bow out. Not looking for a fight. Rather leave, admitting defeat and with tail between legs as friends than anything else and not friends.

Struck out bit specifically added to emphasize what I did NOT say. What I thought though, was that Snifferdog believed there to be a reflection in the plates. This was incorrect and an error on my part. 

Thanks

1soapy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 25.05.14 17:24

Snifferdog, thank you for observing that Kate's check trousers are visible at hip level between the plates which must be on the counter top and NOT underneath it.
Having observed a long time ago that the checks are not reflected in the worktop, I had not actually got to the realisation that perhaps KATE has been PHOTO-SHOPPED into the picture, but of course it now looks really rather evident.
Funny how you can be staring at something and not actually see it.
My thoughts now are:
If Kate has been shopped in, and following many recent observations on this forum that Maddie may not have been living at home with the McCs, at least not on a full time basis, I ask myself 'is this actually Kate's kitchen'.
If not, then whose kitchen is it ?
It seems to be the same day as the cousins / photos, with John McC's daughter giving Maddie a lovely hug. (One of the few really kind and caring photos that I have seen of someone actually showing any inclusivity or recognition of Madeleine)
Who is the woman in the pinny holding Maddie.
Her nose is seriously sharp shaped and pointed and is not the same (to my mind) as Kate's mother, whose nose appears to be not as long, not as sharp bridged and somewhat wider more bulbous at the nasal end.
Given the summer clothing, and suntan on the pinny lady and even on Maddie, it begs the question of being February, twin birthday time.
Christening time, perhaps, when did the twins get christened.
The pictures of Kate and the twins at Rothley, (video of ) Kate painting Madeleine's name and asking the twins to say what she is painting, shows them at a large wooden table. I had taken that to be the kitchen table, so do not know if it was a dining room table and the granite worktops are in the kitchen or if the kitchen is not Rothley and somewhere else, perhaps with this lady.
The woman holding Maddie seems very similar in looks to Kate and yet her mother (as seen in other photos) seems to have a, politely, less strikingly fine look and rather more chunky look.
Is this Kate's kitchen, are there any other references to the Rothley kitchen and why has Kate (quite probably) been shopped into the photo which seems to give the 'happy family, mummy caring for Maddie' impression (mind you, waving that long dagger-like knife around would leave me backing off).

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy on 25.05.14 17:47

@tigger wrote:
@missbeetle wrote:

Masonic tea towel?

I think Kate is pasted in for sure. Her right arm isn't far enough back for her hand to apparently grip Maddie's left arm
Enlarge Maddie's left arm. Line and colour change from elbow to knickled hand, Left hand normal child's hand, so...
And no way is that child 90 cm tall.
What makes no sense to me in this picture (apart from what you've mentioned, tigger) is Maddie's leg. 
However long must that leg be?
If you look closely at the angle of the body to leg, and where the childs hip would be (where she is being held by ?Auntie Nora iirc) the leg can't be straight out from the hip I don't think. That would be a very unnatural angle including strangely bent foot. 
If otoh the leg is bent at the knee, that would make the leg really long in relation to the body?
There is no visible left leg to compare either. Where is it?
Actually looking again, if the leg was 'straight' it wouldn't even originate from the hip area?

Very very weird photo. Apart from the women's rubber arms, it has always been that leg that really stands out for me. 

ETA: I note top of left arm looks 'flabby' in relation to the right, similar to the 'ice cream' photo. Hmmm. 
Even though it's being held, the right arm shows no 'spare' flesh or flab that would cause that look? Hope that makes sense. I know what I mean laughat

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.

rainbow-fairy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snifferdog on 25.05.14 17:53

Only my pleasure Bobbin! I want to mention again the strange line that goes around Maddies neck in this photo. It certainly does not look like a skin fold as suggested by soapy, and neither does the line on Madeleine's right arm.

Snifferdog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 25.05.14 18:09

@rainbow-fairy

That whole left arm is suspect imo. The knuckles - must be a reduced adult arm imo. Then I see where her right hand actually looks like a child's hand it has the shadow sticking to the fingers , imo we should be seeing the shadow against the cupboard.

There is no room for Kate's elbow and lower arm behind her hand.

The leg is weird but just possible with foreshortening, a cheap lens and the fact that many children are double jointed.

That band around her neck is in quite a few pictures. It's about 2cm wide and paler than the skin on either side.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Watching on 25.05.14 18:27

@bobbin wrote:"I ask myself 'is this actually Kate's kitchen'.
If not, then whose kitchen is it ?"

"The pictures of Kate and the twins at Rothley, (video of ) Kate painting Madeleine's name and asking the twins to say what she is painting, shows them at a large wooden table. I had taken that to be the kitchen table, so do not know if it was a dining room table and the granite worktops are in the kitchen or if the kitchen is not Rothley and somewhere else, perhaps with this lady."

It is the kitchen at the home of Mr &  Mrs in Rothley.

The twins were painting at the kitchen table in THIS kitchen.   Where Maddie, Mrs & the lady are standing is at 'island' worktop in the centre of THIS kitchen.  Madeleine was Here part 5/5 you will see Mr making twins milkshake & taking it to the kitchen table. At 6.39 video you can see island and book shelf.

To be honest I struggle to see what all the fuss is about this photo.  Its just a picture. Could pull a hundred pictures out at home here where an arm looks twisted, where lamps, wall painting, vases of flowers whatever behind the person being photographed appear to be attached to the person. In a recent one I have a guest at home sitting at dining table, the pull down lamp ceiling lamp, a guest looks as though she is wearing it as a hat!

As for Mrs holding knife in left hand - maybe she's left handed, maybe she's ambidextrous, maybe she's right handed and moved knife to left hand out of the way of Maddie as she blows out the candles!

Sorry, just don't get it!

Watching

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 1soapy on 25.05.14 18:44

You two seem good buddies (now at least), but may I respectfully say that because one person agrees with or confirms another's observation, it neither confirms the actual facts or adds emphasis of a fact, only repetition of one's observation. I wasn’t thanked for my (equally possible, but) different observation because (it seems) that it doesn’t agree with yours. Like shouting doesn't make something any more so. We will have to differ on this, but I can see the VERY SAME evidence as you, but have a different conclusion as to what it infers. Even the right of her trousers (as we look at it) are a fair bit back from the table and I believe none of the visible trousers anywhere are (or seem to me) to be above the table line IF you consider what I have just said. Even if they are, they still might not show a reflection and the left side (which is the key issue) seems even further down below the table. I am offering my open minded and unbiased view which I think should be respected though I stand to be corrected or convinced otherwise. I likewise believe you see it differently which I equally respect and I have no reason to doubt your genuineness or intellect (based on other posts).

Without looking back to what I said about Madeleine's neck/arms. What I meant (and meant to say if I didn't) was that there are a number of photos that seem to show lines or folds in the arms or neck. I called them folds (because that is what they look like to me and reference was made to some form of (genetic?) illness in other pics showing it), but they could be anything. They certainly look odd on all of such pics. No idea what they are and I’m not saying what they are and am happy for you to call them what you like.

Madeleine’s left arm looks like it has a covering bandage or (still puffed up) skin graft/plastic surgery from shoulder to wrist – like from a scold or burn in which case, the hand grabbing her is a bit harsh. Interesting that the tennis balls pic has the same sudden colour difference line at the same wrist point (subject to verification as to whether it is reversed or not, though we can’t see the other arm to know if that is the same too or not).

I think the close up of the names on the cake show that this pic is the correct way round.

There are possible ways to find plans or pics of the kitchen (to see if it’s the McCanns or not), but I’m not sure it warrants the effort. Any past sales since about 1999 may still have pics taken of the property and the land registry may have that detail if it hasn’t changed significantly (e.g. the cooker being moved).

Respect.

1soapy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 25.05.14 18:47

@Watching wrote:

"The pictures of Kate and the twins at Rothley, (video of ) Kate painting Madeleine's name and asking the twins to say what she is painting, shows them at a large wooden table. I had taken that to be the kitchen table, so do not know if it was a dining room table and the granite worktops are in the kitchen or if the kitchen is not Rothley and somewhere else, perhaps with this lady."

The twins were painting at the kitchen table in THIS kitchen.   Where Maddie, Mrs & the lady are standing is at 'island' worktop in the centre of THIS kitchen.  Madeleine was Here part 5/5 you will see Mr making twins milkshake & taking it to the kitchen table. At 6.39 video you can see island and book shelf.

To be honest I struggle to see what all the fuss is about this photo.  Its just a picture. Could pull a hundred pictures out at home here where an arm looks twisted, where lamps, wall painting, vases of flowers whatever behind the person being photographed appear to be attached to the person. In a recent one I have a guest at home sitting at dining table, the pull down lamp ceiling lamp, a guest looks as though she is wearing it as a hat!

As for Mrs holding knife in left hand - maybe she's left handed, maybe she's ambidextrous, maybe she's right handed and moved knife to left hand out of the way of Maddie as she blows out the candles!

Thanks Watching for clarifying. Could you kindly post the link.
Yes, I agree photos can make people look like they are wearing lamp-shades for hats if that's the juxtaposition, but how do you explain the lack of reflection of Kate's check trousers in the work surface.
I live near a lake and spend hours looking at the reflections which change according to time and weather conditions, but always in line with the laws of physics.
I am pretty acquainted with where I would expect a reflection to be, and find it incredible that the Maddie in the kitchen photo has inconsistent reflections without there being some doubt cast as to why the photo has been shopped when an un-shopped photo should surely be available in any 'normal' family situation.  roses 

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Watching on 25.05.14 19:08

@bobbin wrote:
@Watching wrote:

Thanks Watching for clarifying. Could you kindly post the link.
Yes, I agree photos can make people look like they are wearing lamp-shades for hats if that's the juxtaposition, but how do you explain the lack of reflection of Kate's check trousers in the work surface.
I live near a lake and spend hours looking at the reflections which change according to time and weather conditions, but always in line with the laws of physics.
I am pretty acquainted with where I would expect a reflection to be, and find it incredible that the Maddie in the kitchen photo has inconsistent reflections without there being some doubt cast as to why the photo has been shopped when an un-shopped photo should surely be available in any 'normal' family situation.  roses 

Welcome!

Part 5/5     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpaiVpHOFKg  (part 1/1 you will see the table also)

I'll decline a discussion re this picture - as I see a perfectly normal family situation, a child being lifted up to blow out the candles on a cake, something I have done many times over the years with children in family. I see a mum who holds the knife away from her child for safety.  I don't see a thing wrong with Maddie's leg, face, arms, skin folds, not a thing wrong with the child.  I just see a child, and a mum doing what millions mum's do on their child's birthday. To be honest, I laughed when I read the comment posted - that someone else was standing behind Mrs & holding the knife!
Not a fan of Mr & Mrs - but I don't think they spend their time photo-shopping.
On that note I think I will bow out!
Cheers

Watching

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 25.05.14 19:25

@Watching wrote:

I agree

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Altered Images...

Post by missbeetle on 26.05.14 11:53

I'd not seen the pirate costume picture (approx. 0.13) before.

missbeetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum