The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Kate's "favorite" trousers ...... ?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Kate's "favorite" trousers ...... ?

Post by Guest on 20.05.14 20:51

@j.rob wrote:This is one of the few photos of Madeleine that seems quite genuine and unstaged. The only thing is, if it is supposed to be Madeleine's 2nd birthday party, does she not look older than a 2 year old? Or perhaps it is the twins second birthday party, in which case she would be three years and 8 months old. 

If it was the twins birthday, they were born on 1st Febuary 2005. So this photo would have been taken on 1st Feb 2007. But would anyone be wearing such summery clothes on 1st Feb - probably the most horrible, cold and miserable time of year in the UK? 

If it was Madeleine's 2nd birthday, then I think her birthday is 12th May, so that would make more sense in terms of summer dress and so on. 

Does anyone know which it is supposed to be?
j.rob - MBM looks like a 3+ year-old in the photo.  She was probably wearing her "party dress".

Back to top Go down

Post by Watching on 20.05.14 20:57

Ladyinred wrote:
@j.rob wrote:This is one of the few photos of Madeleine that seems quite genuine and unstaged. The only thing is, if it is supposed to be Madeleine's 2nd birthday party, does she not look older than a 2 year old? Or perhaps it is the twins second birthday party, in which case she would be three years and 8 months old. 

If it was the twins birthday, they were born on 1st Febuary 2005. So this photo would have been taken on 1st Feb 2007. But would anyone be wearing such summery clothes on 1st Feb - probably the most horrible, cold and miserable time of year in the UK? 

If it was Madeleine's 2nd birthday, then I think her birthday is 12th May, so that would make more sense in terms of summer dress and so on. 

j.rob - MBM looks like a 3+ year-old in the photo.  She was probably wearing her "party dress".

She does look more 3 than 2 here but as you say, the long party dress could account for that. Is Mrs wearing the checked pants here?

Watching

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 on 20.05.14 21:04

It seems to be from the same batch of photos as these, although I could be wrong...

Seems a nice warm summery day...?

canada12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 20.05.14 21:56

I think the general consensus was the twins 2nd birthday, hence the pink & blue icing.

M. was probably being allowed a 'candle-blow' after the twins had had the first one.

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 20.05.14 22:10

@PeterMac wrote: [...]
The PJ would "obviously" look into the blue tennis bag, to see if a tennis racquet was hiding there
But the odour of cadaverine was not detectable by a human at that stage.
I'm with you all the way again, Peter.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparks on 20.05.14 23:10

@kimHager wrote:Now that i think on it im more inclined to think the scent transfered via the wardrobe ie blue bag..which i find strange the pj didnt look in the blue bag when searching the apartment. I believe they would have found something....most officers look anywhere a child could hide..now the bag...idk i would have looked.my own kids play hide n seek in very odd creative and tinyy spaces

Yes Kim!! But I suppose we have to bear in mind that on that night the McCanns were insistent that Madeleine had been taken. And JT had come up with her story of seeing a man carrying a bundle which could possibly have been a child. Amaral himself has regretted that things were not done quite the same as they would have been had they suspected "danger from within" from the outset.

Like others I believe their kneeling at the bed crying and kicking was to keep the police from viewing the bedroom too closely. It was all a terrible combination of factors and prevented a proper search by the PJ that night. Luckily for the McCanns.

One point I would love to know is when exactly they were able to get their hands on the pink blanket and the blue bag. They were allowed back in to get some of their stuff but was this before or after the police photographs were taken? Does anyone know?

Sparks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 20.05.14 23:18

The dress looks too big on Maddie, did they buy things too big or were most of Maddie's clothes hand me downs???????

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on 29.07.14 21:43

Ha! I just re-read what I wrote only a few months ago. Oh dear - I do not think (now) that this photo is either genuine or unstaged. Not only that, I think it is completely PSYCHO!  

EEEkkk.

j.rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on 29.07.14 21:56

@plebgate wrote:The dress looks too big on Maddie, did they buy things too big or were most of Maddie's clothes hand me downs???????

Madeleine often looked unkempt in photos. Clothes that did not fit well or were worn, grubby etc. My theory is that both parents came from families where money was tight. Gerry's upbringing sounded especially poverty-sticken (six people plus sometimes lodgers in a one-bedroom tenement). So there was a kind of penny-pinching ethos that continued into the next generation even though it was no longer necessary. That extended to children's clothes and to childcare arrangements, imo. I just get the impression that the couple did not like spending money on their children. I think it's also to do with certain personality traits.

j.rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Images of the McCann family...

Post by missbeetle on 29.07.14 22:17

@j.rob wrote:
@plebgate wrote:The dress looks too big on Maddie, did they buy things too big or were most of Maddie's clothes hand me downs???????

Madeleine often looked unkempt in photos. Clothes that did not fit well or were worn, grubby etc. My theory is that both parents came from families where money was tight. Gerry's upbringing sounded especially poverty-sticken (six people plus sometimes lodgers in a one-bedroom tenement). So there was a kind of penny-pinching ethos that continued into the next generation even though it was no longer necessary. That extended to children's clothes and to childcare arrangements, imo. I just get the impression that the couple did not like spending money on their children. I think it's also to do with certain personality traits.

Whereas I would say Amelie and Sean seemed to wear decent, tidy outfits - nothing special, but well-made.

Kate's pants of ganga were size 8 from Hobbs, and I seem to remember Gerry had some flash golf shirts.

I can't see either Kate or Gerry being into hand-me-downs...

They are - to me - very much the 'new car', 'new fridge', 'new toys' sort.

That's the image I have of them.

Madeleine appears as ragged, grubby, pink, messy-haired and made-up...

Who has given her that image?

missbeetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on 29.07.14 22:49

@missbeetle wrote:
@j.rob wrote:

Whereas I would say Amelie and Sean seemed to wear decent, tidy outfits - nothing special, but well-made.

Kate's pants of ganga were size 8 from Hobbs, and I seem to remember Gerry had some flash golf shirts.

I can't see either Kate or Gerry being into hand-me-downs...

They are - to me - very much the 'new car', 'new fridge', 'new toys' sort.

That's the image I have of them.

Madeleine appears as ragged, grubby, pink, messy-haired and made-up...

Who has given her that image?

Hmmmm....well, that could be one of the 'million dollar' questions, I suppose. IF the parents, for instance, did not value M as much as the twins, then the question is why?

I know there have been posters on here who have spoken from personal experience of being the first child and then finding their position within the family changing dramatically when twins came along. So that could or would certainly be a factor.

Then there is obviously the consideration of the IVF aspect of things. This complicates the picture considerably. Were both Kate and Gerry the biological parents of Madeleine? I know there have been reports that Gerry was not the biological father. If this is the case, it could possibly shed some light on the mysterious disappearance of Madeleine. 

Or, maybe, tragically, when a 'ready-made' family of a boy and girl twins came along, Madeleine became somewhat 'surplus to requirements'. Especially as the McCanns, despite their professional status which implies the ability to pay for extra help with child-care, seem to have not taken on board the fact that having twins when they had a 20 month year old was going to mean several very challenging years. 

So why not just fork out for a bit of extra help? Once the twins had reached the age of about three, and Madeleine had started school, it would all have become so much easier. 

Oh, I forgot - there was another agenda going on...

j.rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Justformaddie on 29.07.14 22:56

Poor maddie IMO did look as though she was out of place, her wee face in most pics for me, looks sad  Crying or Very sad

Justformaddie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on 29.07.14 23:07

Ah, the other thing I meant to write in this context is that I think there might possibly be a certain mode of thinking or behaviour or *something* connected to a certain religious faith.

I think there could be a tendency to create 'family scapegoats' - perhaps a bit like the 'madonna/whore' type way of thinking....

In other words, maybe trying to 'pin the blame' on any misfortunes on other people ('projection') rather than actually confronting the reality of the situation.

A situation which can occur in very dysfunctional families where you have 'the golden child/children', the 'scape-goat' and no doubt other people that need to be slotted into roles.

j.rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on 29.07.14 23:10

@Justformaddie wrote:Poor maddie IMO did look as though she was out of place, her wee face in most pics for me, looks sad  Crying or Very sad

Yes, I see her as a sacrificial lamb - that is entirely my own view of a very sad situation involving the very mysterious disappearance of a child.

j.rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 30.07.14 7:05

@Sparks wrote:As we all now know Eddie and Keela only reacted to certain items and places connected with the McCanns, and to no-one and nowhere else. Amongst the clothing and effects taken from the Villa on 8th August 2007, and reacted to positively by cadaver dog Eddie, were Kate's much beloved black and white trousers (named elsewhere as her "pants of Ganga").

What I find exceedingly strange is that if Eddie's reaction means that these trousers were in contact with Madeleine's body, or maybe clothing/covers which had been in contact with her post-mortem, how could Kate bring herself to wear them ever again. But she did so time and time again!

Does this suggest that Eddie might have been mistaken? Or that she loved those trousers so much that they held no nasty memory for her? Or maybe that she had more than one pair which were similar looking? (all photos were apparently taken on separate days if one uses Kate's tops and Gerry's clothing as guidelines)

---------------------------------------------

Ta dah! And here they are again pre-Portugal.

Maybe it's just the scent of cadaver she loves because didn't she say she'd been in contact with 6 bodies before she went on holiday?

Most people go on holiday to top up their tan...

Back to top Go down

Applying floriography to the McCann case...

Post by missbeetle on 30.07.14 8:47

"

Looks to me like David Hopkins and Alex Woolfall, in the background under the yellow acacia tree.

I looked up acacia on Wikipedia :

Another Freemasonic interpretation of the symbol of acacia is that of immortality, innocence and initiation.

(information from sacred-texts.com)

Gerry looks to have his oddly bed-haired wife Kate firmly by the hand.

I feel sorry for her - she couldn't run away if she tried.

missbeetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg on 30.07.14 10:45

@missbeetle wrote:"

Looks to me like David Hopkins and Alex Woolfall, in the background under the yellow acacia tree.

Another Freemasonic interpretation of the symbol of acacia is that of immortality, innocence and initiation.

I love looking at these photos of Kate in the grey top. She is certainly being held tightly - her arm is twisted around - so it is not being held willingly.  I like that look on her face - that defiant, angry - I dont want to confirm' look.   'I want to kick and scream and tell the world - yoos bustards'

ETA - G's face is so pale - and Kate's - they dont look as if they got much sun. In fact compared Gerry's complexion on the ;Last photo' he is positively white.

HelenMeg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks on 30.07.14 11:42

The clip of the McCann's (scroll down to, Kate speaks) tells you all you need to know about this mystery.

The McCann's fear for themselves is evident in that clip.

Kate has no tears whilst 'apparently crying'. Gerry talks about the, 'best possible outcome for us......and

Madeleine.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id170.html'.

No wonder Mitchell had to take over and speak for them.

Hicks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 30.07.14 15:31

@HelenMeg wrote:

I love looking at these photos of Kate in the grey top. She is certainly being held tightly - her arm is twisted around - so it is not being held willingly.  I like that look on her face - that defiant, angry - I dont want to confirm' look.   'I want to kick and scream and tell the world - yoos bustards'

ETA - G's face is so pale - and Kate's - they dont look as if they got much sun. In fact compared Gerry's complexion on the ;Last photo' he is positively white.

It's Gerry's left arm we can see , note the watch, a rather pale arm as well, so Kate's arm isn't twisted.
However, she looks like a sulky teenager who may flip at any moment.

On the occasion of Gerry refusing to state if he knew Murat, Gerry strides off literally dragging Kate with him.
Hopefully she was heavily sedated at the time. Remember Kate's 'whoosh clunk' from the Jon Corner video? What are these people on?
Yet it wasn't long before they blossomed into tanned and admired celebrities - that was only days away. So the grey t-shirt photo is one of the early days?
I suppose if we put allthe photographs from the 4th (evening statement) to the 12th (celebrities coming out of church smiling widely) we might see a progression and perhaps pinpoint the very day when they changed from frightened to happy?

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on 30.07.14 15:34

When I first saw this photo I thought: 'who is that young girl standing with Gerry?' She looked to me like a teenage girl. It's to do with the look of truculence and defiance.

And don't forget how Kate tells us in her book she notices the day after Madeleine disappeared 'ugly purple, blue and black bruises on the side of my hands, wrists and forearms. I was shocked. Gerry reminded me of how I'd been banging my clenched fists on the veranda railing and the apartment walls the night before. I could only vaguely remember it.'

Hands, arms and even forearms are not typically places where you get bruises or even places that bruise easily. So, if this is true (and I am not sure why she would make this up? Can anyone see any bruises in the photos?) it suggests to me forceful restraint by another person. Why would another person have needed to forceably restrain her. To prevent her from doing what, or going where? Or what?

j.rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg on 30.07.14 16:05

@tigger wrote:
@HelenMeg wrote:

It's Gerry's left  arm we can see , note the watch, a rather pale arm as well, so Kate's arm isn't twisted.
However, she looks like a sulky teenager who may flip at any moment.

On the occasion of Gerry refusing to state if he knew  Murat, Gerry strides off literally dragging Kate with him.
Hopefully she was heavily sedated at the time. Remember Kate's 'whoosh clunk' from the Jon Corner video?  What are these people on?
Yet it wasn't long before they blossomed into tanned and admired celebrities - that was only days away. So the grey t-shirt photo is one of the early days?  
I suppose if we put allthe photographs from the 4th (evening statement) to the 12th (celebrities coming out of church smiling widely) we might see a progression and perhaps  pinpoint the very day when they  changed from frightened to happy?
Yes - sorry - of course it is Gerry's arm and not Kate's...!

HelenMeg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 30.07.14 16:11

@HelenMeg wrote:

Both wearing Mitchell' non existent watches.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 30.07.14 17:24

@PeterMac wrote:
@HelenMeg wrote:

Both wearing Mitchell' non existent watches.

Would they be the digital kind? those would be the ones where one can see the exact time to the second: such as the 9.03 exactly when Gerry got up to do his check.. Even though met JW probably before that time as JW was never inclined to confirm the 9.15 time.

If only we'd been given 9.03.34 - time in transit 01.46 (personal best) time spent in 5a.....

Why didn't Gerry give the exact time for the JW meeting by saying he'd just looked at his watch? Not good at thinking on his feet?

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Keeping a watch on Gerry...

Post by missbeetle on 31.07.14 1:05

The beginning, for Kate, of years and years of having her hand held by Gerry...

To me, it never seems to be in a comforting, reassuring, loving way.

Mostly it's her right hand he holds. I would guess Kate is right-handed as she carries her bag on the same side as I do.

Having your dominant hand restrained can make you feel so frustrated and powerless...

...especially under the guise of a caring spouse.

It's a horrible situation for a wife to be in.

Tigger - I looked at Gerry's black sports watch a while ago. If it's the same one he wore to see the Pope -

(I'd upload a picture, but the computer is giving me gyp)

I do believe the Pope actually touched it - then it's analogue, with a couple of extra smaller dials.

So recording his personal bests is not a problem for Gerry.

His watch could almost have been blessed by the Pope himself!

missbeetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum