The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

Regards,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

BACK ON THREAD

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: BACK ON THREAD

Post by Guest on 16.05.14 15:52

@whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:Sorry about my previous post, completely deleted it now :)
Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 16.05.14 16:38

Andrew77R wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:that something is about to be revealed, or to happen which might cause people NOT to be calm, and might cause the media to begin speculation
IMO it would cause absolute mayhem amongst so many people if they announced that the Mccanns have been charged.

The lynch mobs would be out in force. Rothley towers would be vandalised possible worse. Everybody ever associated with them would be literally thrown to the wolves.

There would be so much anger and hate towards them. It would surpass the likes of Fred and Rose West.

People certainly wouldn't be calm about it anyway...

I agree, if the McCanns would be taken in by SY. Part of the anger would be directed to all those who helped creating and preserving this charade. So I don't think it's gonna happen.

But that's just me ....

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 16.05.14 16:38

Poe wrote:
Andrew77R wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:that something is about to be revealed, or to happen which might cause people NOT to be calm, and might cause the media to begin speculation
IMO it would cause absolute mayhem amongst so many people if they announced that the Mccanns have been charged.

The lynch mobs would be out in force. Rothley towers would be vandalised possible worse. Everybody ever associated with them would be literally thrown to the wolves.

There would be so much anger and hate towards them. It would surpass the likes of Fred and Rose West.

I have absolutely no sympathy whatsoever for Kate & Gerry but those poor poor twins.

Indeed

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 16.05.14 16:40

@tasprin wrote:
@rainbow-fairy wrote:
Andrew77R wrote:

I agree and I have often wondered - IF the MC's were charged AND convicted (with anything regarding Maddie), what on earth would be done with them? Where would they be put?
Nowhere would be safe enough IMO

That is the most plausible reason for a cover-up (if there is one). And imo it is the reason they created such a huge media circus in the first place, latched on to as many people of influence as possible, and kept it going for seven years - - intentionally making themselves too big to prosecute.

Yep

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 16.05.14 16:53

Andrew77R wrote:Iv'e always wondered about all those A List celebs that jumped on the bandwagon straight away. Donating money etc. The likes of JK Rowling, Richard Branson, Beckham. I'm sure the list goes on. I even read somewhere that Rooney stuck a 100k into the fund. Not much on there wages but even so.

Anyway, at a later date some of these people who did donate large sums surely looked into it in bit more detail. Or certainly were told things when the files were released etc. 

Some of them must of thought.. 'hang on a minute. That doesn't make sense. The lying, cheating b*stards. Been conned out of a fortune here'.

Now i can understand (a bit) that they may feel embarrassed by being sucked into it all and been played a fool so to speak. What i can't understand why no one of stature has come forward and questioned it.

'Hey i donated 100k. I want it back. They have conned me' etc etc. 

If was say a pro footballer who gave a six figure sum in the early stages to genuinely help, which looks good for my image too with the whole 'helping' thing. Then i found out it was a load of crock. Then i would be taking them to the cleaners and using my high profile to further highlight the case that it was a con and questions need to be answered.

Cant see the Mccanns knocking on Beckhams door with Brian Kennedy and lawyers in tow. 

So why hasn't anyone come forward and told it how it is.

Just a wall of silence. So it must be ok to be conned out of loads of money then?

I suspect the really big amounts were made towards the reward fund. It was a rather safe investment: you look good and the likelihood of the money being used is so little: even the McCanns did not advertise the reward. ( sarcasm).

I think most of them jumped on it because it is a free advertising. When they figured out they had bet on the wrong horse it was better just to keep silent iso advertising their stupidity.
And yes, I guess the fear of being CRuked helped too.
Nobody dared to stand up against the suffering parents.

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 16.05.14 16:56

In my opinion those celebrities who offered rewards probably did so because they genuinely wanted a little girl to get back to her parents, and they had the money to help that happen.

whatliesbehindthesofa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum on 16.05.14 17:06

@whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:In my opinion those celebrities who offered rewards probably did so because they genuinely wanted a little girl to get back to her parents, and they had the money to help that happen.
Yes I agree.

worriedmum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 16.05.14 17:14

@lj wrote:
Andrew77R wrote:

I agree, if the McCanns would be taken in by SY. Part of the anger would be directed to all those who helped creating and preserving this charade. So I don't think it's gonna happen.

But that's just me ....
That is quite a powerful argument for a whitewash LJ and the bit that keeps me a tad sceptical.

The McCann undoubtedly had help to create and continue this scam, and I can't see them taking the rap for anybody.  If they are arrested, the scenario will be:

a)  they will continue to plead innocence and have already got a defence plan underway that includes Tannerman
b)  they will revert to type and blame everyone else

Those who worked closely with them to sell the myth that Madeleine was alive and findable, have by their actions perverted the course of justice and should be charged themselves.  The McCanns cannot be incriminated without incriminating others.  Some, like The Vatican and  Esther McVie got out early on, others like Lorraine Kelly can blame it on her 'kind and trusting nature', but would that be an acceptable response from seasoned police officers, expert psychologists and self proclaimed criminologists who have stated categorically that the McCanns are 100% innocent? Many have been firmly on the side of the McCanns from the off and remain so, even now.  Will an 'expert' accept that he is/was wrong? Not a good career move for those who make a living out of their 'expertise'.  Imo, if the McCanns are arrested, there will be a number of 'experts' who will be forever known as the ones who got it all so horribly wrong in the missing Madeleine case.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 16.05.14 17:17

But with this way of thinking, Jimmy Saville's crimes would have been hidden for the rest of time.

ETA - I can hear people saying it now - "They'll whitewash Saville, nobody will ever hear about it, Thatcher gave him a knighthood for christs sake!  The police were in it up to their eyeballs, too many VIPs involved!"

Yet reality is slightly different.

whatliesbehindthesofa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 16.05.14 17:26

@whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:But with this way of thinking, Jimmy Saville's crimes would have been hidden for the rest of time.

ETA - I can hear people saying it now - "They'll whitewash Saville, nobody will ever hear about it, Thatcher gave him a knighthood for christs sake!  The police were in it up to their eyeballs, too many VIPs involved!"

Cheers WLBTS, I even depressed myself with that,  big grin 

You are right, and thanks for the reality check.  Yes of course, the Saville thing was much worse, and went right to the heart of the establishment.  Sometimes I think the horses Whitewash and Truth are neck and neck, but I think the digging, or even the suggestion of digging, puts the McCanns firmly in the frame.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 16.05.14 17:31

I remember a police chief asking the press not to speculate but I can't remember Redwood asking for calm.

I think you're all reading too much into that.  I wish I was wrong.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 16.05.14 20:21

@lj wrote:
Andrew77R wrote:Iv'e always wondered about all those A List celebs that jumped on the bandwagon straight away. Donating money etc. The likes of JK Rowling, Richard Branson, Beckham. I'm sure the list goes on. I even read somewhere that Rooney stuck a 100k into the fund. Not much on there wages but even so.

Anyway, at a later date some of these people who did donate large sums surely looked into it in bit more detail. Or certainly were told things when the files were released etc. 

Some of them must of thought.. 'hang on a minute. That doesn't make sense. The lying, cheating b*stards. Been conned out of a fortune here'.

Now i can understand (a bit) that they may feel embarrassed by being sucked into it all and been played a fool so to speak. What i can't understand why no one of stature has come forward and questioned it.

If was say a pro footballer who gave a six figure sum in the early stages to genuinely help, which looks good for my image too with the whole 'helping' thing. Then i found out it was a load of crock. Then i would be taking them to the cleaners and using my high profile to further highlight the case that it was a con and questions need to be answered.

Cant see the Mccanns knocking on Beckhams door with Brian Kennedy and lawyers in tow. 

Just a wall of silence. So it must be ok to be conned out of loads of money then?

I suspect the really big amounts were made towards the reward fund. It was a rather safe investment: you look good and the likelihood of the money being used is so little: even the McCanns did not advertise the reward. ( sarcasm).

I think most of them jumped on it because it is a free advertising. When they figured out they had bet on the wrong horse it was better just to keep silent iso advertising their stupidity.
Ah yes. The donations from the celebs would of gone to the reward fund and not the lifestyle ltd company then.

What ever happened to the reward fund which IIRC stood at 2+ million at one point?

Maybe everyone who contributed to this reward fund got fully reimbursed then. On the agreement they keep schtum. 

We will return your money if you could just bob your signature on this carter ruck letter. Cheers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 16.05.14 20:22

In my more somber days, I theorize that the Mecs will never face prosecution, whatever befell their little daughter.

There is no state in the world which would up-front the dough for the proceedings

They will sooner fall off a cliff than be dragged into a courtroom, from a cost-effective point of view

IMO

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 16.05.14 20:58

In the event that the McCanns are prosecuted the cost will be but a fraction of what has been expended to date by Portugal, the UK, and other countries around the world in connecton with the disappearance of their eldest daughter, Portia, and, while they may prefer to fall off a cliff than account for their actions in a courtroom, I have no doubt that justice will be done in this case.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 16.05.14 21:06

@ultimaThule wrote:they may prefer to fall off a cliff than account for their actions in a courtroom, 
Yes, i'm sure they would. Certainly Mrs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 16.05.14 21:15

Maybe better people than we would prefer that too

Or worse people

Poor poor twins

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 16.05.14 21:37

What we can be grateful for is that the McCanns will not have dared to treat the twins as they treated Madeleine for fear that one or other of them will do or say something which will reveal their true natures to the world, Portia.

It occurs to me that there are 7 children who survived that week in Portugal with their uncaring parents and, as the odds are that at least one of them will succumb to an attack of pubescent hormones, it's to be hoped that Childline is ever ready for the call which will blow 'the pact' apart   smilie

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson on 16.05.14 23:43

@Cristobell wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:Just a thought

Why has Redwood asked for calm re the McCann case,  and a top cop has asked media not to speculate ?
One possible explanation is that something is about to be revealed, or to happen which might cause people NOT to be calm, and might cause the media to begin speculation

Allowing the enquiry slowly to die away is not likely to do either of these things - not in the short term anyway.
If SY did nothing useful for a year - how would we be able to tell ?
Strange to ask for calm, are people likely to riot? What does DCI Redwood know that would lead to the opposite of calm?  Would the arrest of a lone smellyman bring out a hanging mob?  

I think a call for calm, suggests there may be a surprise or dare I say it, a conclusion that the vast majority are not expecting.
....... or maybe it's us that will be rioting!

suzyjohnson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson on 16.05.14 23:45

@Cristobell wrote:
Poe wrote:
@HelenMeg wrote:
I honestly cant ever see the Mc Canns being put away. Just cannot envisage that ever happening. Actually it would be enough for me that they had to publicly acknowledge that they knew exactly what happened,  were involved in a cover up and blatantly lied to the world about their daughter's death.Oh yes, on the Lorraine Kelly show  with Kirsty Young in the audience.
Oh yes, and had to pay back the fund and move to a council house on a Leicester estate (nothing wrong in council houses in Leicester -just that the MC Canns being so status driven it would not be easy for them).

The irony is that, if the McCanns ever confessed, it wouldn't be safe for them not to be imprisoned and they would be in most danger from their own supporters who have blindly believed every word the couple have uttered.

Andrew77R wrote:
@rainbow-fairy wrote:I agree and I have often wondered - IF the MC's were charged AND convicted (with anything regarding Maddie), what on earth would be done with them? Where would they be put?
Nowhere would be safe enough IMO
Exactly. 

Some high secure prison within a prison. Whereabouts not to be disclosed. 

Oh and the taxpayer will have to fork out more millions for it as well. However that could be seen as money well spent.

Kate would be put in the same place as Rose West and there are plenty of high security male prisons.
A few months ago I read a post by a 'pro' that floated the idea of letting them off.  What they have done is not so bad, and the amazing work they have done for charity and the protection of children since makes up for anything that may have gone before.  

Its a novel idea, if the public can put aside the actual death of the child and the disposal of her body, everything the McCanns have done since that fateful night could be seen as saintly.  A knighthood and honours might be going a tad too far, but if the public can be convinced that the McCanns have suffered enough by being without their daughter, we can all move on.

And the fund?

suzyjohnson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 17.05.14 2:28

Andrew77R wrote:
@lj wrote:

Ah yes. The donations from the celebs would of gone to the reward fund and not the lifestyle ltd company then.

What ever happened to the reward fund which IIRC stood at 2+ million at one point?

Maybe everyone who contributed to this reward fund got fully reimbursed then. On the agreement they keep schtum. 

We will return your money if you could just bob your signature on this carter ruck letter. Cheers.

I don't think that there was ever a reward fund with money in it. I think there were pledges, to give that money in case ....

That a safe bet here.

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 17.05.14 2:29

@Portia wrote:In my more somber days, I theorize that the Mecs will never face prosecution, whatever befell their little daughter.

There is no state in the world which would up-front the dough for the proceedings

They will sooner fall off a cliff than be dragged into a courtroom, from a cost-effective point of view

IMO

My God, it will be worse than the OJ Simpson trial.

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 17.05.14 2:39

@Cristobell wrote:
@whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:But with this way of thinking, Jimmy Saville's crimes would have been hidden for the rest of time.

Cheers WLBTS, I even depressed myself with that,  big grin 

You are right, and thanks for the reality check.  Yes of course, the Saville thing was much worse, and went right to the heart of the establishment.  Sometimes I think the horses Whitewash and Truth are neck and neck, but I think the digging, or even the suggestion of digging, puts the McCanns firmly in the frame.

If we use the Saville case as an example, the McCanns still have quite a few years to enjoy their safe spot in society. Maybe we'll see them even more than the past few years.. It is cases as the Savilles that shows these cover-ups are possible, and can be maintained for a extremely long time. So finally his case busted open, how many are there still out there?

Yes, I confess, I am a "my glass is half empty" person. No were's my glass, oh it's completely empty!

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 17.05.14 15:44

@Portia wrote:In my more somber days, I theorize that the Mecs will never face prosecution, whatever befell their little daughter.

IMO
I know how you feel Portia, but the fact that there are two live investigations means that there WILL be a prosecution - thats how investigations end (or should). The original investigation in Portugal was shelved and the AG was adamant that it would not be re-opened without new evidence.  I honestly do not believe the Portuguese would have taken the file down off the shelf and thrown millions of Euros at it, if there was no chance of a prosecution.  

Several months before Portugal re-opened the file, officers from the Crown Prosecution Service flew out to meet their counterparts in Portugal, imo that was not to discuss prosecuting Portuguese citizens.  

A whitewash would have to include the police forces of two countries, and their central judiciary offices.  What possible reason would Portugal have to clear the two British doctors and confirm to the world that their tourist areas are buzzing with perverts and their police are corrupt?  It is possible that Britain may be able to bring some sort of financial pressure on Portugal, but if it came out (which it would), then the whole of the UK would be seen as corrupt and as bullies. Try to imagine the USA tampering with the verdict of the Italian Courts in the Amanda Knox case and the picture becomes clearer.  

Realistically the only ones who could whitewash this case are the British police, but they do not have primacy.  Their verdict, in the eyes of the world will be worthless.  And worse, if it is the polar opposite of the findings of the PJ, then the reputation of SY (and the UK) will plummet.  Scotland Yard will have to construct an abduction story out of the tatters of the McCann and Tapas friends statements, (which weren't up to much to start with) and explain to the world why being good, middle class, churchgoers, ruled all the key players out of the investigation from the very beginning.  

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MRNOODLES on 17.05.14 15:59

@HelenMeg wrote:
Andrew77R wrote:

Maybe PJ are making a breakthrough and Redwood is not happy

Imagine that. PJ uncover a gem of a bit of evidence. And Redwood has to explain away what his lot have been doing.

MRNOODLES

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 17.05.14 16:18

And if they ever did confess - - - who would believe them anyway ?

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum