The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

"Digging" with a helicopter (continued from 'digging at resort') - Page 4 Mm11

"Digging" with a helicopter (continued from 'digging at resort') - Page 4 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

"Digging" with a helicopter (continued from 'digging at resort') - Page 4 Mm11

"Digging" with a helicopter (continued from 'digging at resort') - Page 4 Regist10

"Digging" with a helicopter (continued from 'digging at resort')

Page 4 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Digging" with a helicopter (continued from 'digging at resort') - Page 4 Empty Re: "Digging" with a helicopter (continued from 'digging at resort')

Post by plebgate 09.05.14 13:18

I believe they should be made to put whatever is left of the fund towards the investigation.   I am fed up saying it, because it will never happen.

If the cost is peanuts why not spend as much on Ben Needham's disappearance?   

Peanuts or not the British public are entitled to know exactly how the money was spent - to the last penny.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

"Digging" with a helicopter (continued from 'digging at resort') - Page 4 Empty Re: "Digging" with a helicopter (continued from 'digging at resort')

Post by Mirage 09.05.14 13:23

whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:I must say that I don't understand the obsession with the cost of the investigation.  That amount of money over a period of years is peanuts in the grand scheme of things.
I agree, wlbts, it is peanuts in the grand scheme of things. However.........

A big issue in many people's minds (looking at newspaper comments) is whether this money is financing a bona fida investigation or a sham. CW, a plethora of bogey men, dead paedos and instantaneous clearance of the McCanns and their friends have fed the sense that our money is being sprayed up the wall.

Another issue, again as evidenced on comments boards, is that of parity. The most commonly cited comparitor being Kerry Needham.

£8 million is a reckonable amount of money when expressed in those terms, I feel.
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 09.05.14 13:24

Woofer wrote:
Dutchgirl wrote:PJ about to discard English Police strongest lead
9 May 2014 | Posted by  Joana Morais Leave a Comment

"Digging" with a helicopter (continued from 'digging at resort') - Page 4 JN+Maio+9+2014
PJ about to discard English Police strongest lead that a predator of English girls has abducted Madeleine.
Scotland Yard has asked for aerial photos of places in Praia da Luz and wishes to question eight “persons of interest”

by Marisa Rodrigues

The Judiciary Police (PJ) is about to discard the lead that has resulted in the reopening of the process in Portugal and that is Scotland Yard's main line of investigation. So far, there isn't any evidence to support the hypothesis that Madeleine was abducted by a sexual predator who attacked English children in the Algarve.

This is the firmly held position of the team of inspectors from the North Directorate of the PJ who has reviewed the investigation process that was archived in 2008.

After naming as probable suspect the late Euclides Monteiro, a former Ocean Club employee, the Portuguese investigators now believe that the intruder, in the cases that were reported to the authorities, could be British and that he does not reside in Portugal, since there were no new reports and those that were disclosed [see Metropolitan Police site] only target children of that nationality. “A sex abuser is someone who acts compulsively. If he only acted in the summer and has never attacked again it's because he does not live here”, explained a source close to the process.

Yesterday, the day was marked by an aerial photo-reconnaissance in Praia da Luz of the areas where searches and excavations are planned using a helicopter of the Portuguese Air Force paid by the British authorities, and by a meeting between the police forces of the two countries the PJ headquarters in Faro.

One of the places where Scotland Yard wants to use the sniffer dogs and the georadar is on the 25 de Abril street, in the vicinity of the Ocean Club and by the church. The area, which the helicopter overflew three times, was undergoing construction works when Madeleine disappeared, seven years ago. If anything suspicious is detected, they will excavate.

Besides the searches, which were already allowed by the Public Prosecutor of Portimão, the letters rogatory also request for eight people to be questioned. Some used to work at the Ocean Club resort whilst are not linked in any way.

ongoing

in Jornal de Notícias, paper edition (page 13), May 9, 2014

Rua 25 de Abril is where Smithman was heading towards.
This could be interesting.  But I heard it was searched after she disappeared?

I very much doubt somebody could simply fall into some road construction and then get buried unnoticed by workers.

However if the body was concealed even just under a very shallow coating of soil/rubble it could well be possible.  Saying that though the person would be taking a huge risk the body wouldn't be found.  Especially if the thought a search would be under way.
Pershing36
Pershing36

Activity : 721

Back to top Go down

Post by nglfi 09.05.14 13:28

whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:I must say that I don't understand the obsession with the cost of the investigation.  That amount of money over a period of years is peanuts in the grand scheme of things.
I agree - according to the article I've posted a link to, in 2012 murder was thought to have cost the UK economy 1.3 billion. A quick search of a different website revealed that apparently in 2012 there were 550 murders. Now the figure of 1.3 billion in the article I think refers to all aspects of the crime, not just the costs of police investigation, but even so this means well over 1 million per murder (I think, although my maths is terrible). So while I think Madeleine's case has cost more than the average murder/abduction/missing person investigation, I don't think it's significantly more. Perhaps most of the extra cost comes from jolly jaunts over to Portugal and press conferences?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/10013830/Violent-crime-costs-the-UK-economy-124-billion-report-suggests.html
nglfi

Activity : 866

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa 09.05.14 13:28

Mirage wrote:
I agree, wlbts, it is peanuts in the grand scheme of things. However.........

A big issue in many people's minds (looking at newspaper comments) is whether this money is financing a bona fida investigation or a sham. CW, a plethora of bogey men, dead paedos and instantaneous clearance of the McCanns and their friends have fed the sense that our money is being sprayed up the wall.

Another issue, again as evidenced on comments boards, is that of parity. The most commonly cited comparitor being Kerry Needham.

£8 million is a reckonable amount of money when expressed in those terms, I feel.

Yes indeed Mirage, I agree with your points. The main issue is whether this investigation is a sham or not. If it is revealed to be a sham, then quite rightly questions should be asked about the cost, and how and why it was a sham. If it turns out not to be a sham, I'll consider it money well spent.
whatliesbehindthesofa

Activity : 1327

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 09.05.14 13:44

Pershing36 wrote:
Woofer wrote:

One of the places where Scotland Yard wants to use the sniffer dogs and the georadar is on the 25 de Abril street, in the vicinity of the Ocean Club and by the church. The area, which the helicopter overflew three times, was undergoing construction works when Madeleine disappeared, seven years ago. If anything suspicious is detected, they will excavate.

Besides the searches, which were already allowed by the Public Prosecutor of Portimão, the letters rogatory also request for eight people to be questioned. Some used to work at the Ocean Club resort whilst are not linked in any way.

ongoing

I very much doubt somebody could simply fall into some road construction and then get buried unnoticed by workers.

However if the body was concealed even just under a very shallow coating of soil/rubble it could well be possible.  Saying that though the person would be taking a huge risk the body wouldn't be found.  Especially if the thought a search would be under way.

Rua 25 de Abril is also the street where Sergey Malinka lived.

25th April is also Paedophile Pride day.
Woofer
Woofer

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

"Digging" with a helicopter (continued from 'digging at resort') - Page 4 Empty the McCanns look very worried

Post by utahagen 09.05.14 14:00

These latest developments -- the digging in Portugal -- must be bad news for the McCanns because Kate McCann looked much more worried in her Today show appearance this week than she's ever looked; in fact, she looks the way I expected her to look -- although she didn't -- in the days after Madeleine disappeared! Gerry, too, seemed more somber than I've seen him. These two are spooked and are worried about what these digs will reveal, which must mean they have NOT be assured by their protectors that the fix is still in. And i don't buy that they're just worried they'll learn that their daughter is dead, because the content of what Kate talks about is still complaining about the failure of Brits and Portuguese to work together on the investigation. If it's just fear their daughter is dead -- as opposed to fear they tehmselves will become suspects again -- why didn't Kate talk about MADELEINE? About how much they miss her and about how they desperately hope she's still alive? And if they have finally resigned themselves that she is almoast certianly dead, why do they so believe that now, when they have been insisting almost up until this month that she was both abducted by a pedophile and is alive someplace?

Kate McCann on the Today show was no longer the peevish, sometimes relaxed, confident complainer she's been since Day One after Madeleine's disappearance. After seven long years, she FINALLY looks frantically worried. What took so long? And why is she worried now? And whom is she really worried about?
utahagen

Activity : 57

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa 09.05.14 14:13

Madeleine McCann: Search to begin on private land

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27343604
whatliesbehindthesofa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09.05.14 14:23

Interesting to see the BBC rushing in to make public the type of information which the PJ has asked to keep private.

The BBC cannot be unaware that this will get the PJ's backs up, if, indeed, we are to give credence to SY's recent statement.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique 09.05.14 14:26

Mirage

Yes I agree that whilst they are frittering away taxpayers money we should expect results and not a sham. But seriously they don't really need to investigate anything - they were in PdL at the beginning and they know who to investigate. It can only be as Tony has already put it better than I that they are deliberately trying to get the UK public to ask them to desist and stop wasting our money.

Activity : 1460

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09.05.14 14:30

jozi wrote:
KellyLennon wrote:http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/mccann-cops-are-probably-looking-body-ex-detective-chief-n99261

Kate looks very worried in this video (the worst I've ever seen her look ) and Gerry's lost his smirk !!!

It's dawned on me why she looked such a mess on the Rothley War Memorial picture last week. In the NBC article her hair has been straightened but it wasn't on the 7th anniversary pictures.

Now this is a question for the ladies on the forum. If you like me had curlyish frizzy hair would you be seen in public au natural? In my case, not in a million years. 

Think about it. Have you ever seen Mrs with anything other than poker straight hair before. The only occasions I don't do mine are when I'm ill and not going out, or if I'm pushed for time and there is no danger of visitors. And I am not vain, I rarely wear make up or dress up. I don't think Mrs falls into that category so let's consider possible reasons for this ..... 1) she had no intention of going to the ceremony or 2) was not physically or mentally up to doing her hair or 3) was going swimming on the way home so didn't bother. Hmmh ....... there is a reason for everything they do or has control slipped smartly out of their hands.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 09.05.14 14:34

utahagen wrote:These latest developments -- the digging in Portugal -- must be bad news for the McCanns because Kate McCann looked much more worried in her Today show appearance this week than she's ever looked; in fact, she looks the way I expected her to look -- although she didn't -- in the days after Madeleine disappeared! Gerry, too, seemed more somber than I've seen him. These two are spooked and are worried about what these digs will reveal, which must mean they have NOT be assured by their protectors that the fix is still in. And i don't buy that they're just worried they'll learn that their daughter is dead, because the content of what Kate talks about is still complaining about the failure of Brits and Portuguese to work together on the investigation. If it's just fear their daughter is dead -- as opposed to fear they tehmselves will become suspects again -- why didn't Kate talk about MADELEINE? About how much they miss her and about how they desperately hope she's still alive? And if they have finally resigned themselves that she is almoast certianly dead, why do they so believe that now, when they have been insisting almost up until this month that she was both abducted by a pedophile and is alive someplace?

Kate McCann on the Today show was no longer the peevish, sometimes relaxed, confident complainer she's been since Day One after Madeleine's disappearance. After seven long years, she FINALLY looks frantically worried. What took so long? And why is she worried now? And whom is she really worried about?
Well said Utahagen and welcome to the forum!  

Yes, I think the McCanns are being brought crashingly back to reality.  They are lost for words as they were on the 'anniversary'.  Nothing kept Kerry Needham away from the digging in Greece, and it goes without saying that Winnie Johnson would have been digging with her own hands.  Once more, the abnormal behaviour of the parents is glaringly obvious.  The only other time there was a 'dig', Gerry sat swivelling on a chair in the police station, sucking a lollipop and talking about the football! Not odd at all Professor Leal.  

Given all the McCanns active campaigns to keep the focus away from PDL, this must be their worst nightmare.  Yet still, as far as I can see, no sign of confessions - as Kate said in 'KH1', both she and Gerry are finishers.  Clarence told us long ago, that if anything is ever found has nothing to do with the McCanns - unfortunately I can't remember the exact wording, but it was a pink gem.  

I suppose now, their guilt or innocence will very much depend on how much they have left in the kitty.  If there were any justice in the world, their assets, like Goncalo Amaral's should have been frozen pending the result of their scurrilous libel claim.  They have got through £4m, they are big, big spenders, and the Lisbon libel trial must come to over £1m.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 09.05.14 14:42

Scotland Yard arrived on Wednesday
They flew around on Thursday
They left on Friday
It is clear that everything to do with this visit was planned long ago, with official sanctions at the highest possible level,
what is equally clear is that no one is leaking.
Brunt had no idea what was going on.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09.05.14 14:46

PeterMac wrote:"Digging" thread now at 100 pages, so starting another one - (if that is OK admin.)
Military helicopters are not just hired by the hour on the spur of the moment, like catamarans on the beach
ergo
this little jolly has been planned for a long time,
the PJ have had full knowledge of exactly what SY wanted to do - and by implication have approved it
The whole thing has been approved at VERY high level.
By which I mean Government - Ministry of Defence after consultation with the "Home Office" = Ministry of the Interior equivalent

ergo
Someone must have spelled out
Exactly WHAT they wanted to look for
Exactly WHERE they wanted to look
Exactly WHY
Exactly WHO
and so on.

And this must have been agreed as a viable and useful thing to do.
By the entire Chain of Command

They are clearly NOT looking for freshly turned soil, nor are they looking for a little girl in a pink hat
So what are they looking for that they could not see on a decent map or aerial photograph.

Suggestions ?
On page 9, I take the liberty to quote the original OP again.

Suggestions?
Yes, Peter. I suggest they ARE looking for a body. IMO Madeleine never left Portugal. IMO she's been temporarily buried and/or stored in PdL. IMO she been buried elsewhere, further away, but not too far away. And IMO with all the information - some of which we are not privy of - and old and new techniques to find burial sites, we should have an answer soon.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09.05.14 14:47

Snap Peter  big grin 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 09.05.14 14:50

Woofer wrote:
Pershing36 wrote:
Woofer wrote:

ongoing

Rua 25 de Abril is also the street where Sergey Malinka lived.

25th April is also Paedophile Pride day.

And this is Sergey Malinka's burnt out vehicle as at 21st March 2008 with the word "fala" in red paint on the pavement.  It is outside the house of his parents on Rua 25 de Abril where he was living at the time. Fala means 'speak', 'talk'.

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2008/03/mccannscase-sergey-malinka-admits-to.html

"Digging" with a helicopter (continued from 'digging at resort') - Page 4 MalinkacarDM2103_468x322
Mirage

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 09.05.14 14:54

snipped:

Oh dear, the militant 'boycott Portugal' McCann 'supporter' doesn't even know her name. Sheeesh... talking about stupid.

"Digging" with a helicopter (continued from 'digging at resort') - Page 4 Madeli10

WHO the fcuk is madeline McCain? duh 

Gerry McCann knows a 'Margaret' McCann, dosen't he?

laughat laughat laughat

"Unbelievably shocking"?

THAT 'PHRASE' could start a 100 page topic, by itself!

"Unbelievably shocking" that the parent of a missing child did NOT search for her.

"Unbelievably shocking" that Carter Fcuked and McCann lawyer will not ever say 'Madeleine was abducted'

"Unbelievably shocking' that the McCanns left their THREE children, all under 4 years old, in a totally unlocked apartment, abroad, out of sight and earshot, whilst they dined with their friends, EVERY night!

"Unbelievably shocking" that the very last person to have admitted to have 'seen' a 'live' Madeleine is NOT a 'suspect or person of interest!

"Unbelievably shocking" that THREE of the McCanns doctor 'buddies' tried to 'fit up' RM!

"Unbelievably shocking" that the parents of the missing child, who were made arguidos, are being given, so they say, minute by minute 'updates' from the investigating police force.

"Unbelievably shocking" that the McCanns used 'donations', given specifically for 'searching for Madeleine' (or so they THOUGHT) from the public, to pay off mortgage 'repayments'

"Unbelievably shocking" that the McCanns pay a spokesman £28,000pa as a 'retainer' paid for by 'donations from the public' to their PRIVATE company 'fund'

"Unbelievably shocking" that the mother of the missing child was somehow GLAD the investigation was CLOSED.

"Unbelievably shocking" that the mother of the missing child said 'whether the case, of my missing daughter, is re-opened, or NOT, it dosen't matter'

"Unbelievably shocking" that the parents did NOT 'fight, tooth and nail' to NEVER have the case of their missing child shelved, and NEVER, EVER 'asked' for it to be 'unshelved' even though that was their absolute right''

"Unbelievably shocking" that a man, JW, was in the very street, at the exact time, chatting to his tennis buddy, GM, when the child 'was abducted' did NOT get a teeny, weeny 'mention' on TWO timelines, even though, the people compiling the timelines were chatting about him meeting Gerry, two hours BEFORE they put 'pen to paper'!
People 'mentioned' and timed BEFORE JW, people 'mentioned' and timed AFTER JW, in the TWO timelines, but NO 'mention' of JW!

etc.,etc.
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 09.05.14 14:55

I  just noticed this on McCannfiles while looking for something else. It is under Timeline: key events.
----------------------------------------------

Wednesday June 13 (2007)

• An anonymous letter sent to Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf claims Madeleine's body is buried in deserted scrubland only nine miles from where she was abducted.
Mirage

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa 09.05.14 14:59

Mirage wrote:I  just noticed this on McCannfiles while looking for something else. It is under Timeline: key events.
----------------------------------------------

Wednesday June 13

• An anonymous letter sent to Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf claims Madeleine's body is buried in deserted scrubland only nine miles from where she was abducted.

At the time the letter was probably posted, the McCanns were in Amsterdam.

I believe the location marked on the map was a dirt-track near a little village called Arao (haven't added the funny accent thingy). Easy to find on Google Maps.

I'm not convinced though, I still think the burial site was very close to PdL.
whatliesbehindthesofa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09.05.14 15:03

PeterMac wrote:Scotland Yard arrived on Wednesday
They flew around on Thursday
They left on Friday
It is clear that everything to do with this visit was planned long ago, with official sanctions at the highest possible level,
what is equally clear is that no one is leaking.
Brunt had no idea what was going on.

Maybe that's one of the reasons they used a helicopter. If they had driven somewhere, the press would have been able to follow.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by utahagen 09.05.14 15:11

Cristobell, you wrote, "Yet still, as far as I can see, no sign of confessions - as Kate said in 'KH1', both she and Gerry are finishers."

Kate and Gerry have to hang tough forever, but the same is not true of their friends. If any of the Tapas Nine knows what really happened to Madeleine, those people may crack, especially since, seven years later, they can no longer be worried that they'll be in trouble for having left their own kids alone when they went out to dinner that night.

I know we have to be careful about defaming the McCanns on these forums, so I emphasize that the following is speculation, not fact...if the Tapas Nine know anything that would implicate the McCanns, these extensive digs in Portugal may spook them enough to blad to the authorities. If the McCanns did stage this abduction and dispose of Madeleine's body (perhaps after she'd died in an accident whilst they were out one night), then the fury of the world directed at the McCanns will be much greater than it ever was against the members of the group for irresponsibly leaving their kids without babysitters the night Madeleine disappeared.

Seven years after Madeleine's disappearance, are all of the Tapas Nine still believing the abduction story? And are all of them still worried they'll lose custody of their own children? And are all of them still determined to carry water for Kate and Gerry McCann? ALl it would take is for ONE of them to crack and say that even some of the official Tapas Nine story was fake, for the wheels to start coming off the wagon,
utahagen

Activity : 57

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutchgirl 09.05.14 15:21

Madeleine McCann: Search to begin on private land
 "Digging" with a helicopter (continued from 'digging at resort') - Page 4 _74567996_e7059ae7-ccb1-40cb-b0db-e7e4560b98ac
Continue reading the main story
Related Stories

• Madeleine McCann: Timeline
  • McCann police in Portugal 'activity'
  • McCanns tell of police 'frustrations'

Portuguese authorities have granted permission for one site in the town of Praia da Luz to be examined as part the investigation into Madeleine McCann's disappearance, the BBC understands.
Permission has been granted for a "field operation" to begin on a section of private land, sources have said.
The Met Police, which is leading the investigation, declined to comment.
Met detectives are understood to have left Portugal after spending two days with Portuguese police in the Algarve.
BBC reporter Richard Bilton, in Praia da Luz, said Portuguese authorities had so far granted permission to begin a search on the land, which could begin in "days" or "weeks".
Investigative work
He said he had been told him that British teams want to conduct more searches, but have yet to make an official request, which could take "weeks" to process.
It is thought that Metropolitan Police detectives have discussed a timetable for investigative work that Portuguese police will carry out for the British team, he added.
The development comes after reports suggested search teams were expected to start excavating sites in the Praia da Luz resort where Madeleine - then aged three - went missing on 3 May 2007.
Met Police Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley this week said "activity" was expected to begin in Portugal "in the coming weeks".
It also comes after Madeleine's parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, posted a statement on the Find Madeleine website on Thursday criticising "media interference" over newspaper speculation in the case.
 "Digging" with a helicopter (continued from 'digging at resort') - Page 4 _74660382_74660381The McCann family was staying at the Ocean Club in Praia da Luz when Madeleine disappeared
They warned they were "dismayed" at speculation which could "potentially damage and destroy the investigation altogether".
They added: "There is an on-going, already challenging, police investigation taking place and media interference in this way not only makes the work of the police more difficult."
"As Madeleine's parents, this just compounds our distress," they added.
The seventh anniversary of Madeleine's disappearance was marked on Saturday.
Scotland Yard launched a fresh investigation - codenamed Operation Grange - into Madeleine's disappearance last July.
In March, British police then said they were seeking an intruder who sexually abused five girls in Portugal between 2004 and 2006.
Detectives said the attacks happened in holiday villas occupied by UK families in the Algarve.
 "Digging" with a helicopter (continued from 'digging at resort') - Page 4 _66239292_line2
Thursday 3 May 2007: Timeline
 "Digging" with a helicopter (continued from 'digging at resort') - Page 4 _70493411_madeleinesatview_withsighting

• 20:30 Kate and Gerry McCann leave their apartment to have dinner at a Tapas bar
  • 21:05 Gerry McCann checks on Madeleine and her siblings
  • 22:00 A man is seen carrying a child wearing pyjamas heading towards the ocean
  • 22:00 Kate McCann raises the alarm that Madeleine has gone missing
Dutchgirl

Activity : 194

Back to top Go down

Post by listener 09.05.14 15:59

“One of the places where Scotland Yard wants to use the sniffer dogs and the georadar is on the 25 de Abril street, in the vicinity of the Ocean Club and by the church.”

Rua 25 de Abril is where Smithman was heading towards.”

Rua 25 de Abril is also the street where Sergey Malinka lived.”

Rua 25 de Abril is where the empty apartment called ‘Vilamura’ is - No.5, IIRC. The one that lies a few yards on from the ‘Smith sighting’. Can't retrieve my original post now, from the start of this forum.

Worth a look?, as good a place as any to start, I’d’ve thought.
listener
listener

Activity : 681

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09.05.14 16:07

Just noticed this on twitter but prob best taken with a pinch of salt...

IsabelleMcFadden ‏[ltr]@PORTUGALONLINE[/ltr]  now
@RothleyPillow @KayBurley @SkyNews they are going to dig church property other leads exhausted going for only real lead the parents #mccann
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by roy rovers 09.05.14 16:07

Reality and fiction can get a little confused. When Francis Ford Coppola was making the film 'Apocalypse Now'  (in the days before computer generated images) he hired a squadron of Philippine army helicopters as they still used the right Vietnam war era model. From the Mail: 'One of the film's emblematic scenes has American helicopter gunships flying into battle with Wagner's apocalyptic Ride Of The Valkyries blaring from loudspeakers in the cabins and down to the villagers below. But after the first take, the choppers were suddenly called away. President Marcos of the Philippines - from whose army they had been hired - needed their firepower to take out some real rebels on another island.'
roy rovers
roy rovers

Activity : 538

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top