The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

"Digging" with a helicopter (continued from 'digging at resort')

Page 5 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: "Digging" with a helicopter (continued from 'digging at resort')

Post by ChippyM on 09.05.14 16:26

Andrew77R wrote:Just noticed this on twitter but prob best taken with a pinch of salt...

IsabelleMcFadden ‏

[ltr]@PORTUGALONLINE[/ltr]

now
@RothleyPillow @KayBurley @SkyNews they are going to dig church property other leads exhausted going for only real lead the parents #mccann

I'm not sure where she's got that SY agree with dismissing the burglars and smelly man.  It's not in the article as translated by Joana Morais. Unless she knows something we don't!

ChippyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 09.05.14 16:28

@listener wrote:

Rua 25 de Abril is where the empty apartment called ‘Vilamura’ is - No.5, IIRC. The one that lies a few yards on from the ‘Smith sighting’. Can't retrieve my original post now, from the start of this forum.

Help me out - there was some cryptic reference somewhere to this place, was there not? But it was mistakenly thought to refer to Vilamoura?

Where have I read that at?

Back to top Go down

For the record - the roadworks WERE searched by the PJ with dogs.

Post by PeterMac on 09.05.14 16:40

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/FABIO_MARQUES.htm
Witness statement
Fabio Alexandre Rodrigues Marques
Date: 2007-05-31
He comes to the process as a witness.
He works for the company Canana and Sons since the 1st May of this year carrying out the functions of machine operator, having signed a work contract on the same date. That since this time, he began works on the works already in progress on some of the roads in P da L. According to his functions since 1st May, the witness began to open passages in the main roads using a mini drill, these passages were destined for the installation of electrical cables and drains for rain water respectively, in Rua Direita.
When questioned, the witness replies that the passages and holes made were generally covered up on the same day they were made.
In relation to other openings that could have remained open during the night, from one day to another, the witness says that in the case of the passages, anyone who would fall in would be visible from the road and that the other openings were too small for a two year old child to fall in. The witness adds that these openings would in turn be linked to a series of conducts of a larger size, knowing that in order to link an opening to a conduct, an orifice would be opened in the latter, opened up using a drill. These conducts would have round metallic covers. He saw some of these covers open, for the purposes of being levelled with the pavement, however he knows they were closed at the end of the working day.
When questioned, the witness says that he remembers that on the day following the disappearance, on 4th May, various GNR officers with dogs appeared on the scene, who had come to examine the possibility that the girl might be in one of the openings. The witness says that following the events he paid more attention to the work site and never saw anything abnormal, namely the fact that the missing child could be there.
When asked, the witness says that he considers that there were no openings, that due to their size, location or to being open could present a risk for a child to fall in and disappear
But then if the dogs are notoriously unreliable, they might have MISSED her ! !

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson on 09.05.14 16:40

@whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:Time of year could well be significant.  Perhaps it is not just good timing that this search has begun at the same time of year that Madeleine disappeared.

Yes, I think the time of year would be significant. I don't think they would choose the holiday season without good reason.

suzyjohnson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 09.05.14 16:44

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
@listener wrote:

Rua 25 de Abril is where the empty apartment called ‘Vilamura’ is - No.5, IIRC. The one that lies a few yards on from the ‘Smith sighting’. Can't retrieve my original post now, from the start of this forum.

Help me out - there was some cryptic reference somewhere to this place, was there not? But it was mistakenly thought to refer to Vilamoura?

Apologies for replying to my own post, but I found it myself - an anonymous letter to this forum's owner, no less.

Mentioned here http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t1760p10-philomena-mccann-one-greedy-unscrupulous-character

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils on 09.05.14 17:12

So, it has been announced to the world that some time soon, digging for evidence will commence.

Now, if there is anything to be found, the person(s) in the know must be in a state of panic.

Would they dare attempt to remove that evidence before it gets found...?

If so, then maybe it wouldn't be so daft if the police were looking for recently disturbed ground.

Lance De Boils

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 09.05.14 17:16

@Lance De Boils wrote:So, it has been announced to the world that some time soon, digging for evidence will commence.

Now, if there is anything to be found, the person(s) in the know must be in a state of panic.

If so, then maybe it wouldn't be so daft if the police were looking for recently disturbed ground.

Happens frequently in crime dramas, but surely no-one is that stupid in real life ;-)

whatliesbehindthesofa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 09.05.14 17:21

@Lance De Boils wrote:So, it has been announced to the world that some time soon, digging for evidence will commence.

I guess if you really believed in the whole whitewash scenario then maybe OG flew in, removed all said evidence, flew back and job's a good un..

Back to top Go down

Post by sofieellis on 09.05.14 17:31

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
Clay Regazzoni wrote:
@listener wrote:

Apologies for replying to my own post, but I found it myself - an anonymous letter to this forum's owner, no less.

Mentioned here http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t1760p10-philomena-mccann-one-greedy-unscrupulous-character

I was about to post that I remember Vilamura being mentioned in Brian's first dream post - I'm quite embarrassed that I remember that!

sofieellis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasputin on 09.05.14 17:36

Last time we saw OG in the village they had a black 4x4 ?...did they venture into the hinterland for some reason on that occasion ?...and the small helicopter couldn't possibly hold the whole OG posse ...so where were the others ? in the 4x4 again ? ... or perhaps just in the duty free shop ?...the helicopter was predictably seen over the village .. maybe as a blind ...where did it begin its flight ? and did it search anywhere else before arriving appeasing the media over the village ?

Rasputin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 09.05.14 17:37

@Rasputin wrote:Last time we saw OG in the village they had a black 4x4 ?...did they venture into the hinterland for some reason on that occasion ?...and the small helicopter couldn't possibly hold the whole OG posse ...so where were the others ? in the 4x4 again ? ... or perhaps just in the duty free shop ?...the helicopter was predictably  seen over the village .. maybe as a blind ...where did it begin its flight ? and did it search anywhere else before arriving  appeasing the media over the village ?

As distractions go, a helicopter flying over PdL is a pretty good one.

whatliesbehindthesofa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stillsloppingout on 09.05.14 17:40

Off topic slightly .

just got an email from a client who wanted me to do a PR press job for the NHS the name.................................. KATE McCANN. Thankfully she is the PR contact ,but i nearly spat my cornflakes out  spin

stillsloppingout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 09.05.14 17:42

@whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:
@Rasputin wrote:Last time we saw OG in the village they had a black 4x4 ?...did they venture into the hinterland for some reason on that occasion ?...and the small helicopter couldn't possibly hold the whole OG posse ...so where were the others ? in the 4x4 again ? ... or perhaps just in the duty free shop ?...the helicopter was predictably  seen over the village .. maybe as a blind ...where did it begin its flight ? and did it search anywhere else before arriving  appeasing the media over the village ?

Yes, and if they were actually doing some proper Sherlock Holmes style detective work then surely they would need a BIG DISTRACTION.

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 09.05.14 17:42

@stillsloppingout wrote:Off topic slightly .

just got an email from a client who wanted me to do a PR press job for the NHS the name.................................. KATE McCANN. Thankfully she is the PR contact ,but i nearly spat my cornflakes out  spin

I have a work colleague called Kate McCann. Lots of them about!

whatliesbehindthesofa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 09.05.14 17:44

Andrew77R wrote:

Yes, and if they were actually doing some proper Sherlock Holmes style detective work then surely they would need a BIG DISTRACTION.

I'm not saying that the helicopter was there purely to be a distraction. It probably had a good purpose of its own. However, knowing that all the cameras of the press would be pointed skyward, it would seem like a great opportunity to go and do something unseen.

whatliesbehindthesofa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 09.05.14 17:47

I'm not saying that the helicopter was there purely to be a distraction.  It probably had a good purpose of its own.  However, knowing that all the cameras of the press would be pointed skyward, it would seem like a great opportunity to go and do something unseen.
I agree. It certainly would. Lets hope they made use of that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 09.05.14 17:56

Not sure if already posted somewhere but here's Pat Brown's new one..

http://patbrownprofiling.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/why-i-am-so-pessimistic-about-madeleine.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 09.05.14 17:57

Andrew77R wrote:

I'm not saying that the helicopter was there purely to be a distraction.  It probably had a good purpose of its own.  However, knowing that all the cameras of the press would be pointed skyward, it would seem like a great opportunity to go and do something unseen.
I agree. It certainly would. Lets hope they made use of that.

The helicopter also allows them to get to more distant places without the press following as could happen if they got around by vehicles..

They can get to all those remote ping locations...

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM on 09.05.14 17:57

i don't think they'll be looking for obviously disturbed ground but variations in the soil appearance. Apparently soil depth affects the way it looks from the air, moisture drains differently and plants will grown differently if the bit of soil they are on is shallower than that around it, ie. is on top of something. In archaeology, burials thousands of years old still give off these indications.

ChippyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 09.05.14 18:05

Stewie wrote:

The helicopter also allows them to get to more distant places without the press following as could happen if they got around by vehicles..

They can get to all those remote ping locations...
Yep, very true.

Does anyone know if Redwood himself was actually in one of those choppers... 

Or was he orchestrating things from a seafront bar enjoying 2 for 1 cocktails.

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 09.05.14 18:14

@ChippyM wrote:

i don't think they'll be looking for obviously disturbed ground but variations in the soil appearance. Apparently soil depth affects the way it looks from the air, moisture drains differently and plants will grown differently if the bit of soil they are on is shallower than that around it, ie. is on top of something. In archaeology, burials thousands of years old still give off these indications.

Not so much burials but remains of structures. You're talking about cropmarks  but these can best be seen  in a raking light at certain times of year.  So near sunset usually.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cropmark

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 09.05.14 18:20

Andrew77R wrote:Not sure if already posted somewhere but here's Pat Brown's new one..

http://patbrownprofiling.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/why-i-am-so-pessimistic-about-madeleine.html

Read it and again I find myself asking why would the police forces of 2 countries, let alone one, play pretend and squander millions when if there is something which must never be revealed about the circumstances of Maddie's disappearance, the powers that be did not do what they normally do and bury it without the razzamatazz using the country's secret services. If there was a cover up and protect the Mcs at all cost [ they would be beneficiaries by default, being two doctors] then the secret must be huge and there would have been no publicity at all imo... no need for a simulated investigation.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown on 09.05.14 18:28

I just caught the end of a report on the BBC news (about 6.20 p.m.) about someone being looked for in PDL, they spoke to a couple of people, it looked like they were on a beach mending fishing nets, and they said they didn't know much about this person.......

I don't know what it was all about but it was referring to the search for Madeleine.  Of course I could have misinterpreted what they were talking about as I only heard the last few minutes, but I'm sure they were referring to a person and not the PJ/SY searching.

Is this what GM was referring to when he said on recent TV interviews that there were still "more leads that needed looking in to" (I can't remember his exact words) and TM are now giving out more ridiculous leads to the media to send the PJ and SY on more wild goose chases, before the real perpetrators are apprehended.

ETA: I'll have to watch it again at 7.00 p.m. to see if it's repeated

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SixMillionQuid on 09.05.14 18:28

@russiandoll wrote:
Andrew77R wrote:Not sure if already posted somewhere but here's Pat Brown's new one..

Read it and again I find myself asking why would the police forces of 2 countries, let alone one, play pretend and squander millions when if there is something which must never be revealed about the circumstances of Maddie's disappearance, the powers that be did not do what they normally do and bury it without the razzamatazz using the country's secret services. If there was a cover up and protect the Mcs at all cost [ they would be beneficiaries by default, being two doctors] then the secret must be huge and there would have been no publicity at all imo... no need for a simulated investigation.

The risk in the early days was that if someone talked they would be believed. Once 'public relations' got involved while the original investigation was carried out anyone that did 'talk' would not be believed. Now with two police forces not interested in the T9 anyone that does talk wont be believed or they risk libel. The PR has done its work.  dance

"It is my belief that Scotland Yard was set out on a mission, not one to find out what happened to Madeleine McCann but to rewrite the history of the case in such a way that the majority of the public simply forgets the past." - The Pat Brown Criminal Profiling Agency

SixMillionQuid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM on 09.05.14 18:32

@tigger wrote:
@ChippyM wrote:

Not so much burials but remains of structures. You're talking about cropmarks  but these can best be seen  in a raking light at certain times of year.  So near sunset usually.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cropmark

Thanks, I have read some more and understand you wouldn't be able to see individual burials, so they are probably not looking for cropmarks then. That forensics lady they had on sky news was probably spouting non-sense and pure speculation then.

ChippyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum