The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Jill Havern
Forum owner

The Catamaran Trip

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Catamaran Trip

Post by canada12 on 08.05.14 10:35

I remember seeing a photo of Kate and Gerry returning from somewhere and going inside whatever apartment or house where they were staying.. this was soon after Madeleine's disappearance. And I remember seeing, outside the door to the flat, a child's bucket and spade, the kind of toys you'd use for playing in the sand. I wonder if these were relevant at all. I wish I could find that photo again.

canada12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg on 08.05.14 11:16

It sounds like they were no where near a mile out to sea - as they state that they had to be careful not to run over anybody. 
If the harness snapped and they had to have someone assist them then they were probably no more than 1/2 kilometre out. It sounds like this may have just been a bit of harmless sailing after all... 
Depends whether Madeleine had already died by this time or not

HelenMeg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM on 08.05.14 11:29

David Payne's account of this day is interesting IMO.   He says he takes the kids out on dinghies in the morning. Then later he comes to the beach again to windsurf. He 'can't remember' seeing any other people on the way there as it 'wasn't that busy' and maybe saw other random surfers in the water.

He then emphasises that he saw O'Brien and Oldfield out on a Catamaran although he didn't see them falling in. He emphasises again 'but I definitely saw the 2 of them there that afternoon' or words to that effect, it's as if he really wants to emphasise he saw them.

Later he saw Gerry at the tennis court and Gerry asked him to go and see Kate. That suspicious visit she said took 5 minutes and he said 30 minutes which is one of the last times anyone supposedly saw Madeliene.

ChippyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum on 08.05.14 11:38

Ladyinred wrote:Snipped from ROB's rog, discussing Thurs 3rd May (from McCannfiles):

1578    “And you then took her back down to the beach?”
Reply    “We went back down to the beach.  I suppose be a bit more specific about what happened on the beach.  Erm, yeah, ‘We didn’t stick to the usual routine that day’, erm, ‘ate their tea at the bar on the beach called the Paradiso.  Everyone was there except Kate, Gerry and the kids’.  It might be worth just saying ‘I believe Dianne was there as well’, because that’s the only person, I’m not entirely sure, we did, we did, erm, occasionally pop there during the day on a number of occasions, rarely in the week or after the abduction, but I’m pretty sure Dianne was there.  I think, I say ‘I think Dave went to his apartment and Kate and Gerry’s’”.
''Dianne's the only person''

The ''only person'' WHAT?

Just what is ROB trying to say/not to say here?

worriedmum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg on 08.05.14 11:51

@worriedmum wrote:
Ladyinred wrote:Snipped from ROB's rog, discussing Thurs 3rd May (from McCannfiles):

1578    “And you then took her back down to the beach?”
Reply    “We went back down to the beach.  I suppose be a bit more specific about what happened on the beach.  Erm, yeah, ‘We didn’t stick to the usual routine that day’, erm, ‘ate their tea at the bar on the beach called the Paradiso.  Everyone was there except Kate, Gerry and the kids’.  It might be worth just saying ‘I believe Dianne was there as well’, because that’s the only person, I’m not entirely sure, we did, we did, erm, occasionally pop there during the day on a number of occasions, rarely in the week or after the abduction, but I’m pretty sure Dianne was there.  I think, I say ‘I think Dave went to his apartment and Kate and Gerry’s’”.
''Dianne's the only person''

The ''only person'' WHAT?

Just what is ROB trying to say/not to say here?
He is trying to remember the script and whether he has said something that wasn't covered by the script.

HelenMeg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg on 08.05.14 11:54

@ChippyM wrote:David Payne's account of this day is interesting IMO.   He says he takes the kids out on dinghies in the morning. Then later he comes to the beach again to windsurf. He 'can't remember' seeing any other people on the way there as it 'wasn't that busy' and maybe saw other random surfers in the water.

He then emphasises that he saw O'Brien and Oldfield out on a Catamaran although he didn't see them falling in. He emphasises again 'but I definitely saw the 2 of them there that afternoon' or words to that effect, it's as if he really wants to emphasise he saw them.

Later he saw Gerry at the tennis court and Gerry asked him to go and see Kate. That suspicious visit she said took 5 minutes and he said 30 minutes which is one of the last times anyone supposedly saw Madeliene.
It sounds like the three of them were covering themselves doing watersports whilst Gerry was busy elsewhere.
I think this was the afternoon that it is 'theorised' that Gerry was occupied meeting Robert Murat (either at golf club or M's house).  This is when both of their mobiles were turned off at approx the same time and then turned back on later at almost same time.

HelenMeg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.05.14 12:05

First time to read that part about catamaran trip.
My gut instinct is they are trying to place this trip on the 3rd when perhaps it happened on a different day. Who was the "we" on the catamaran when one of the two was supposedly in the water.
This to me is more proof the tapas lot are up to their necks in it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.05.14 12:13

Belissa: see wilbeth's post on page 2 of this thread.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.05.14 12:28

Ladyinred wrote:Belissa: see wilbeth's post on page 2 of this thread.
So MO and RO'B were probably a couple of hundred meters from shore then. Maybe even still shallow enough to actually walk back to shore Matthew.

So MW staff have speedboats and came to the rescue. Interesting. 

Could MO and ROB be on a speedboat with a member of staff going a MILE OUT?

RO'B said WE as in speaking of a THIRD person when picked up MO who went man overboard.....

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 08.05.14 13:26

Any mention of wet suits. April Sea temperature is 15ºC, 59º F
This is Atlantic, not Mediterranean - whatever Gerry thinks

http://www.myweather2.com/swimming-and-water-temp-index.aspx
Water Temperature of the Sea Below 16°C (61°F)
For swimming this is considered cool and for most would feel bracing to say the least. The more hardy among us may enjoy a quick dip.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 08.05.14 13:32

@PeterMac wrote:Any mention of wet suits.  April Sea temperature is 15ºC, 59º F

For swimming this is considered cool and for most would feel bracing to say the least. The more hardy among us may enjoy a quick dip.

Often very breezy along that coastline too.

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.05.14 13:33

No mention of Wetsuits or any item's of clothing they were actually wearing when they took the boat out (not that i could see anyway).

Yeah, the water would be bloody freezing. Matt and Russ wouldn't be in there speedo's that's for sure.

Back to top Go down

Post by Clocker on 08.05.14 13:34

I think DW said she remembers them walking out of the water in their wetsuits. I've read that very recently I'm sure but don't recall reading if they have stated that themselves.

Clocker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.05.14 13:50

@Clocker wrote:

I think DW said she remembers them walking out of the water in their wetsuits. I've read that very recently I'm sure but don't recall reading if they have stated that themselves.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id254.html

DW has a photo of DP in his wetsuit when he went windsurfing on Thurs 3 May.

I'm unable to C/P relevant section.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.05.14 14:01

Ladyinred wrote:

Snipped. Anyone seen these pics.. 

So afternoon activities wouldn’t start until they’d had their nap err and that particular day err Dave I know was windsurfing in the afternoon, I’ve just got a picture of him walking out of the sea in his wetsuit. Err and err Russell and Matt took out a boat because I remember err Russell, who doesn’t know anything about sailing, had to rescue Matt.”

"Yeah he’s told us all about that, yeah.”

"Yeah, again I’ve got a photograph of them on the beach after that, 

Back to top Go down

Post by Clocker on 08.05.14 14:04

Ladyinred wrote:
@Clocker wrote:

Thanks for that, you're right, it was just DP she mentions in a wetsuit.

"For, for err well David and Fiona. I mean Dave might be out doing something. Sometimes the men would go off and play tennis in the afternoon because you could actually go and book a court and play tennis. Err so I mean there was always somebody in the apartment, it was generally Fiona I would say, and err and I would be there as well on call I think and the children were having their afternoon nap. So afternoon activities wouldn’t start until they’d had their nap err and that particular day err Dave I know was windsurfing in the afternoon, I’ve just got a picture of him walking out of the sea in his wetsuit. Err and err Russell and Matt took out a boat because I remember err Russell, who doesn’t know anything about sailing, had to rescue Matt.”

Clocker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.05.14 14:05

So, Russelll doesn't know anything about sailing?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.05.14 14:11

Ladyinred wrote:So, Russelll doesn't know anything about sailing?
Nope appears not but obviously a fast learner. What a hero saving Matt's life like that.

Think UT earlier got them mixed up earlier when she said that Russ was the experienced seafarer...

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores on 08.05.14 15:39

What a hero saving Matt's life like that.

Ah yes, like his pal Gerry, saving someone's life on the plane. Funny that the Press have never found out who this person was.

Miraflores

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 08.05.14 15:41

Where did they hire them ?

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 08.05.14 15:45

@Miraflores wrote:
What a hero saving Matt's life like that.

Ah yes, like his pal Gerry, saving someone's life on the plane. Funny that the Press have never found out who this person was.
Quite.
It has obviously been "whooshed from
Captain's log
Co-pilots report
Senior Steward's report
Control Tower records, paper and tape
Ambulance control
Customs and immigration - for necessary emergency clearance.
Hospital A&E records

Quite a conspiracy, dont you think.
Why do these LYING B******s assume we are going to believe anything they tell us.
Right from the first contact with the police they Lied, Lied and Lied again.
They even tried to suck a Senior lawyer from a world famous firm into their web of deceit.
Mercifully she is brighter than the two of them put together, and managed to dig herself out of the hole into which she had just stepped,and was saved.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.05.14 16:10

@PeterMac wrote:Where did they hire them ?
Mark Warner themselves according to Wilbeth who posted on Page 2.

I would like to see some proof that THEY DID actually hire one or is it as ever a load of tosh spouted. 

Sailorman Russ. Within a few minutes masters the art of Catamaraning and saves a life.

Swimmerman Matt. I might have to just swim a mile back to shore in the Atlantic. No probs.

Mcporkies as usual.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.05.14 16:24

the gorrods were mentioned in relation to sailing or something too iirc. I.always thought their statements need a revisit..yet another coincidence imo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.05.14 16:41

Bellisa wrote:the gorrods were mentioned in relation to sailing or something too iirc. I.always thought their statements need a revisit..yet another coincidence imo.
Who are the Gorrods..... Can't see them in the PJ files..

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks on 08.05.14 16:45

Andrew77R wrote:
Bellisa wrote:the gorrods were mentioned in relation to sailing or something too iirc. I.always thought their statements need a revisit..yet another coincidence imo.
Who are the Gorrods..... Can't see them in the PJ files..
James and Charlotte Gorrod from Exeter. Friends of JT and RO who just happened to be on holiday in PDL also.

Hicks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum