The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

"Maddie cops to start digging at resort"

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: "Maddie cops to start digging at resort"

Post by mouse on 09.05.14 0:32

So let me get this right - we get pics/footage of these guys arriving at the airport (and not for the first time) and then leaving with their baggage. Then we get more shots of the guys walking through cobbled streets....what next...purchasing spades for the dig. Sorry to make light of what should be a really sad and serious step forward in this case....but I was under the impression that they had agreed with the PJ not to provide any updates/leaks/further information as to the case. Doesn't this already break the rule? A running commentary in pictures (prob far easier for SJ than giving a verbal explanation though). So I guess SY thought pics didn't come under this agreement. So are we next to be privy to - photos from them in the helicopter....?

Stillsloppingout - I got the reservoir dogs impression too - as soon as I saw those photos....Sadly though, arriving at airport pics - are usually these days reserved for A & B list Celebs...Perhaps Andy and his gang with their designer shades are under the impression that they are, and are actually enjoying their almost Heat Magazine status at the moment....Though I'm afraid having a full time hired  (most likely) photographer following the group around (we know the pics are being sold/released by an agency as it was mentioned on one of the SKY new reports that I watched - though I wonder who actually took them, and are they official to SY) it all appears genuinely sad. Here's a thought - perhaps the Mccanns should complain about this....though I'm sure they won't. However - I bet the PJ are not amused! Making out these guys are doing all the work, while what?...The PJ are munching on sardines? I'd be furious if I was them. Curious isn't it, the absence of pics/footage of SY sitting down at the table with the PJ - as a connected joint investigation....I think I might be waiting some time to see that.

A picture paints a thousand words, but sadly you can manipulate whatever you want these days...as we know. Though absence speaks volumes!

Oh and Ta AndyB, you know why.

mouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 09.05.14 1:12

@mouse wrote:
Ladyinred wrote:
@whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:To be perfectly honest, I believe that this message:

https://www.facebook.com/Official.Find.Madeleine.Campaign

7th of May 2014 - Media Interference

We are dismayed with the way the media has behaved over the last couple of days in relation to our daughter’s case. There is an on-going, already challenging, police investigation taking place and media interference in this way not only makes the work of the police more difficult, it can potentially damage and destroy the investigation altogether – and hence the chances of us finding Madeleine and discovering what has happened to her. As Madeleine’s parents, this just compounds our distress. We urge the media to let the police get on with their work and please show some respect and consideration to Madeleine and all our family.

Thank you.

Gerry and Kate

willl royally f**k off every single editor and journalist who has been bowing to the whims of Team McCann and Clarence Mitchell since 2007.

On their own heads be it.

Grrr... they make me feel so angry sometimes with their sanctimonious drivel.
I know, and I reckon the editors and journalists feel the same, in fact have felt the same for years....The question is why don't they say anything? Love to hear, or see some of their experiences with the Mccanns - when the cameras stop rolling, and the tapes stop recording...We've seen a few snippets, but there's gotta be a load of fly on the wall stuff about....Probably be worth a bit one day....

All those journalists have proven they are not a hair better as the conning couple. So please let them FO each other.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 09.05.14 1:20

British detectives are currently in the Algarve and this morning met with counterparts from the Policia Judiciaria.

Neither country's officers would offer a view on how the almost four-hour meeting went.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

10:00am Met meet PJ

10:01am. Met Police to PJ.....'abduction by paedo stranger?'

10:01:05am PJ to Met......'nah, faked abduction by parents and others'

12:00midday:  Met Police to PJ.....'abduction by paedo stranger?'

12:00:05pm:  PJ to Met......'nah, faked abduction by parents and others'

14:00pm: Met Police to PJ.....'abduction by paedo stranger?'

14:00:05pm PJ to Met......'nah, faked abduction by parents and others'

"Ok guys, we've been here for 4 hours, it's siesta time, same time tomorrow?"

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by notlongnow on 09.05.14 1:33

@jeanmonroe wrote:British detectives are currently in the Algarve and this morning met with counterparts from the Policia Judiciaria.

Neither country's officers would offer a view on how the almost four-hour meeting went.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

10:00am Met meet PJ

10:01am. Met Police to PJ.....'abduction by paedo stranger?'

10:01:05am PJ to Met......'nah, faked abduction by parents and others'

12:00midday:  Met Police to PJ.....'abduction by paedo stranger?'

12:00:05pm:  PJ to Met......'nah, faked abduction by parents and others'

14:00pm: Met Police to PJ.....'abduction by paedo stranger?'

14:00:05pm PJ to Met......'nah, faked abduction by parents and others'

"Ok guys, siesta time, same time tomorrow?"
 big grin

notlongnow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 09.05.14 1:36

mariola wrote:

"There are two men called Brian Kennedy.One the uncle, the other the do-gooder".
-----------------------------------------------

Maybe......... THREE!

Lorraine Kelly's 'first true love and boyfriend' was a ...........BRIAN KENNEDY!

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/MY+FIRST%3B+LORRAINE+KELLY+kicks+off+a+great+new+series.-a061170679

Who was your first love?

Brian Kennedy.  He was really nice.

What was your first kiss?

I don't really remember. Probably during a game of Postman's Knock.

What did you do on your first date?

We went to the baths. He paid me in, and we had chips on the way home.
-------------------------------------------

Coincidence? (to explain her sycophantic 'support' for everything McCann?)

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 09.05.14 2:01

@ChippyM wrote:
@lj wrote:
@ChippyM wrote:
@stillsloppingout wrote:
@AndyB wrote:
@jozi wrote:I think or hope ( fingers crossed ) they are on the right track and are beginning to suspect the Mcs but cannot let on !!! They are even bringing sniffer dogs in who are better .........So they do recognize the dogs.
I wouldn't surprise me if the "better" sniffer dogs don't alert in 5a thereby negating Eddie & Keela's alerts
There is no such thing as BETTER SNIFFER DOGS . It is a subtle ploy to discredit Eddie and Keeler's findings .

BTW a normal dog can detect scent for up to seven years . so it is possible if the hire car is still knocking about . it may still be able to detect those rotting nappies etc.....

It could be an attempt to reinforce Eddie and Keela's alerts. If there were some dogs that had an absolutely 100% record and they alerted in the same places too, then the people implicated would find it hard to discredit.

Didn't Eddie and Keela have a 100% alert?

I can't find specific records but some people would have us believe they cocked up at Hdlg in Jersey!

Oh that, the idiots who say because they found a piece of coconut shell the alert was false? That the same as digging a hole, finding no body, say that proves Madeleine is alive.

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 09.05.14 2:04

@canada12 wrote:
@HelenMeg wrote:
@HelenMeg wrote:
Wonder what Andy is thinking

"See the sunglasses I'm holding in my hand? Bet you can't make the reflection rotate 90 degrees..."
:-)

"that vinho verde was one too many. Better take some hair of the dog at lunch time"

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 09.05.14 2:04

@canada12 wrote:
@HelenMeg wrote:
@HelenMeg wrote:

"See the sunglasses I'm holding in my hand? Bet you can't make the reflection rotate 90 degrees..."

"that vinho verde was one too many. Better take some hair of the dog at lunch time"

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 09.05.14 2:15

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@stillsloppingout wrote:
Exclusive pix:  Essex-based photo agency, must be the Met's snappers of choice, as they were the ones who did the last shots in PDL, I've just checked.
BTW, there is no way an agency would be the first with pics twice unless they were invited, or tipped off.
Fascinating.

Without doubt, 'stillsloppingout', not only have they (Exclusive pix) been tipped off, or invited, it is very clear indeed that they have been informed at what precise spot to be at what time.

This is every bit as choreographed as all those takes and re-takes and pre-arranged photo-shoots of the McCanns in Praia da Luz in 2007 (and elsewhere since then).

I said a few days ago that this entire Grange visit to Praia da Luz was just for show - a public performance designed to continue to influence public perception.

I may be wrong, but the news that one Essex-based agency has been notified of what photos the Met want taken, where and when - as IMO is perfectly obvious from both sets of photographs - helps my case.

I wouldn't be surprised if after each photo was taken, DCI Redwood had a look through all the images (several would have been taken) and selected the one he wanted before Exclusive pix sent them off to Fleet Street.

This, regrettably, is a police force looking for the headlines and photo-opportunities they want - and not looking to find out what really happened to Madeleine McCann.

It looks it's time to show what they have done for their how many million £ s by now? Show time!

Of course it will "unearth" nothing.

Than it will be "if Portugal had given permission to the other 278 requests we would have nailed it".

"For now this is all we have, we're responsible, we're not going to waste more tax payers money.

We tried, we really tried, you have seen us tiredless dragging our suitcases around. Don't blame us, blame Portugal.

Oh and Kate and Gerry: the hole was empty, so Madeleine must be alive. Keep on collecting."

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 09.05.14 2:17

@Watching wrote:
@canada12 wrote:
@HelenMeg wrote:
@HelenMeg wrote:

That he's forgotten his bag and his shovel!

He has someone carrying that for him of course.

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan on 09.05.14 3:09

The helicopter trip is interesting. If they have arrived with 3 spots in mind (2 roads and the beach), then why go up in a helicopter? The streets are clear from Google, and the beach is walkable... Might that suggest that the PJ wanted to give them a much broader view of PDL and the surrounding terrain? Perhaps as a prelude to showing them other potential locations that are of interest to them...

Or was it simply part of an all-expenses-paid, high-profile photo-shoot to try and justify the £10m that we tax-payers have already shelled out? Time will tell.

Bishop Brennan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Exclusivepix

Post by Cheshire Cat on 09.05.14 6:23

@Bishop Brennan wrote:
Or was it simply part of an all-expenses-paid, high-profile photo-shoot to try and justify the £10m that we tax-payers have already shelled out?  Time will tell.  

A quick peek at the Exclusivepix facebook page tends to reinforce your point. Exclusivepix seem to offer pictures and story:

"Our Exclusive Story and pix we broke Today On the Maddie McCann Case" (this is relating to the current news).

Scroll down a bit and you see this from earlier in the year:

"Our World Exclusive story on the front Page of The Mirror
Read fully story in tomorrows Mirror and Daily Mail" :

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Exclusivepix/213612458698122

Cheshire Cat
Madeleine Foundation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 09.05.14 6:42

@Bishop Brennan wrote:The helicopter trip is interesting.  If they have arrived with 3 spots in mind (2 roads and the beach), then why go up in a helicopter?  The streets are clear from Google, and the beach is walkable...    Might that suggest that the PJ wanted to give them a much broader view of PDL and the surrounding terrain?   Perhaps as a prelude to showing them other potential locations that are of interest to them...    

Or was it simply part of an all-expenses-paid, high-profile photo-shoot to try and justify the £10m that we tax-payers have already shelled out?  Time will tell.  

The dogs searched PdL and the surrounding area (I believe to 2km beyond PdL) and helicopters were deployed for days.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE on 09.05.14 6:56

hmm Helicopter.
Where was the famous barn located?

The Sun, 12 SEPT 2007 "... outside the Portuguese church ... They fear the three-year-old’s body was stashed under roadworks, then later moved ... in a roadworks trench ... It has since been filled in ... but do NOT expect it to be her final resting place ... many of the streets in Praia da Luz were being dug up because of work to recobble them"

NickE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Algarve resident

Post by PeterMac on 09.05.14 7:27

http://www.algarvenewswatch.blogspot.com.es/
Thursday, May 8, 2014

Madeleine: digging for the truth?
The Portuguese Polícia Judiciária, often denigrated in the UK for their handling of the Madeleine McCann case, have made in clear they are in charge of the latest phase of the investigation and that the Metropolitan Police Service and the British media had better toe the line.  
Mark Rowley, assistant commissioner of the Met, says he has discussed with his PJ counterpart the high level of interest in the forthcoming ground search activity, some of which is likely to take place in public.
In an open letter to the British media, Rowley warned that “if we provide any briefings or information on the work they are undertaking on our behalf, or if reporters cause any disruption to their work in Portugal, activity will cease.”
The Met appealed for “media restraint” when it upped its two-year review to a fully-fledged investigation in July last year, but since then there has been an almost non-stop torrent of  media reports - mostly highly speculative and many plainly absurd - about ‘new leads’ and ‘prime suspects.’
The Mirror broke the latest news about the ground searches by quoting - not the Met police - but a source close to Madeleine’s parents.
“Kate and Gerry have been told police will be conducting the searches in and around Praia da Luz as soon as they get the green light from Portuguese authorities,” said the source.
Scotland Yard refused to comment, but the Mirror felt able to inform its readers, “There will be earth diggers everywhere and it will look very dramatic and it will be a heartbreaking and hugely emotional time for Madeleine’s poor parents.”
The paper’s unnamed source went on to make the assertion that “police have assured Kate and Gerry that it does not mean they are specifically searching for her body. They are doing searches as much as to rule scenarios out as much as rule them in.”
If the intention is not to search specifically for a body, “how many holes do you have to dig to rule out the existence of a body?” wondered an unnamed Portuguese police source quoted by the Portugal News.
“Why does the Metropolitan Police Service want to dig up holes if they believe Madeleine is still alive? How do you prove that somebody is alive by digging up holes?” the Portuguese police source added.
In questioning the usefulness of serious excavations in the village, a Praia da Luz resident told the Algarve Resident newspaper: “We’ve had so many people suspected of abducting the child, but none of them were thought to have been in the possession of heavy-duty, earth-digging equipment when they did so.”
The fact is, apart from the beach, the terrain in most of the neighbourhood consists of limestone bedrock. Even in the patches of shallow hard soil, how could an abductor have buried a body, or any other material evidence, unobserved and without tools?
In a wry observation, the Portugal News source said about the British detectives:  “Sincerely, it is not easy to understand them. But I’m sure they know what they are doing.”
A Portuguese judge apparently did not entirely agree and turned down as unwarranted a British police request to do house searches on ‘people of interest’ who worked at the complex where the McCanns were staying.
Meanwhile, the hope in the tranquil resort of Praia da Luz, and in the rest of Portugal, is that detectives from the PJ and the Met can work quietly and harmoniously as an efficient team and come up with some hard evidence that leads to justice for Madeleine.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM on 09.05.14 8:26

@tasprin wrote:
@stillsloppingout wrote:
They excavated coconut shell , or something at HDLG , i remember having a heated argument with a pro on the 3a's  [ who by his instant responses to any anti news clearly was a family associate ] about this saying they may have recovered this in the soil above what they were looking for .

I believe children did die at Haute de la Garenne. How long ago that was and whether they were murdered or not is another matter but imo the Jersey authorities were desperate to destroy the investigation and they succeeded. It was easy for Jersey to discredit the dogs as the McCanns had already done that job for them. The investigating officer and Martin Grime suffered the same fate as in the McCann case. One odd thing about HDLG is that it seems to be the only place where Jimmy Savile did not abuse children.

Agreed. Both with you and Lj.   The piece of skull, that allegedly got lost and then turned up as coconut skull stinks of a cover up. You know that Savile WAS at the home in the 70s don't you?  Whilst he was still alive and before his abuse was 'official' he threatened to sue The Sun because they were going to run a story about him being there with a photo. He had denied being there even though that photo was floating around on the net anyway!  There is a long and bizarre history of abuse in and around Jersey which has been a very popular holiday destination for certain MPs over the years.

I hope what happened at Jersey is not going to happen with these latest investigations.

ChippyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM on 09.05.14 8:31

@Bishop Brennan wrote:The helicopter trip is interesting.  If they have arrived with 3 spots in mind (2 roads and the beach), then why go up in a helicopter?  The streets are clear from Google, and the beach is walkable...    Might that suggest that the PJ wanted to give them a much broader view of PDL and the surrounding terrain?   Perhaps as a prelude to showing them other potential locations that are of interest to them...    

The helicopter may be to take photos of the area and any earth that looks to have been disturbed between now and 2007...or as the very informative forensics lady on sky news said, to look for patches of vegetation that look more lush than others. I suppose it's to narrow down areas to investigate before using equipment like GPR.

ChippyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 09.05.14 8:47

Didn't the cadaver dogs alert to cadaver odour on a flowerbed outside 5A or am I mistaken? If so, was any actual digging done there?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 09.05.14 8:51

@ChippyM wrote:
Agreed. Both with you and Lj.   The piece of skull, that allegedly got lost and then turned up as coconut skull stinks of a cover up. You know that Savile WAS at the home in the 70s don't you?  Whilst he was still alive and before his abuse was 'official' he threatened to sue The Sun because they were going to run a story about him being there with a photo. He had denied being there even though that photo was floating around on the net anyway!  There is a long and bizarre history of abuse in and around Jersey which has been a very popular holiday destination for certain MPs over the years. I hope what happened at Jersey is not going to happen with these latest investigations.
There is, I'm afraid, a most uncomfortable parallel.

The so-called 'coconut' alerted to by Eddie was submitted to a forensic laboratory. The findings were that the material was composed of 1.6% collagen. That proved it was either animal or human.

This was evidently a most inconvenient result for some people.

What was purported to be a fragment from the same coconut/head of a child was re-submitted to another forensic analyst. This time the result camer back: No collagen found (!) 

I probably don't need to spell out the comparisons in this case - with what happened at the Forensic Science Service laboratory in Birmingham.  

P.S. This and much more about Haut de la Garenne is covered on this website, which includes film of Eddie at work in Haut de la Garenne, and a detailed commentary by the police chief who sent the original child's skull to the laboratory, Lenny Harper:

http://voiceforchildren.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/exclusive-footage-of-eddie-cadaver-dog.html

According to the powers-that-be, Harper is now a 'disgraced police officer'.

Another parallel?

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 09.05.14 8:52

MILLIE wrote:Didn't the cadaver dogs alert to cadaver odour on a flowerbed outside 5A or am I mistaken? If so, was any actual digging done there?
Eddie alerted at the flower bed.

However, Martin Grime's expert assessment was that it was a less strong alert than in all the other places

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 on 09.05.14 9:05

I think the PJ are being clever here.

Obviously in the past the have been dubbed bungling, uncooperative and disorganized.

Here comes SY to the awaiting media frenzy pictured looking like a budget version of Reservoir Dogs and things couldn't be more different.  They are preparing to dig up roads, beaches, waste ground, laying on military helicopters and I bet they do allow them to question these suspects.

This will put SY in a very difficult situation if they return empty handed and planned to shift the blame on Portugal.  From what I see the PJ and authorities are really going out of their way to accommodate them.

Pershing36

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum on 09.05.14 9:08

The ''coconut shell' argument is ridiculous if you look at it logically.  If we accept that coconut shell WAS excavated (and not everyone does), I fail to see how this could be used to to discredit the findings of the dogs .  If the dogs alert to an area and human beings dig up objects, including coconut shell,please tell me how the leap is made to the dogs 'alerting to coconut' ? Did the dogs get out their pipe and tobacco consult their notebooks,play a mournful melody on a violin? Did they develop the power of speech, call a press conference and start writing their memoirs?''The Coconut Affair '' by Sherlock Bones? NO! They are dogs, alerting as they have been trained. IT IS FOR THE HUMANS TO EXAMINE THE FINDINGS. HUMANS EVALUATE, INTERPRET AND CLASSIFY. The dogs just do their jobs.

worriedmum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM on 09.05.14 9:26

@worriedmum wrote:The ''coconut shell' argument is ridiculous if you look at it logically.  If we accept that coconut shell WAS excavated (and not everyone does), I fail to see how this could be used to to discredit the findings of the dogs .  If the dogs alert to an area and human beings dig up objects, including coconut shell,please tell me how the leap is made to the dogs 'alerting to coconut' ? Did the dogs get out their pipe and tobacco consult their notebooks,play a mournful melody on a violin? Did they develop the power of speech, call a press conference and start writing their memoirs?''The Coconut Affair '' by Sherlock Bones? NO! They are dogs, alerting as they have been trained. IT IS FOR THE HUMANS TO EXAMINE THE FINDINGS. HUMANS EVALUATE, INTERPRET AND CLASSIFY. The dogs just do their jobs.

Meh! I know, it's ridiculous but I think human bone fragments were found with the 'coconut', so it was explained aways as the dogs alerting to human bone but the human bones were from hundreds of years ago. If I remember correctly.

ChippyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 09.05.14 9:44

It's oh so quiet...

Nothing on BBC news

Nothing on Sky news in the last half hour (as opposed to the wall to wall Brunty we had yesterday)

Just the usual bickering on Twitter

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum