The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Are the McCanns in PDL today? - Page 4 Mm11

Are the McCanns in PDL today? - Page 4 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Are the McCanns in PDL today? - Page 4 Mm11

Are the McCanns in PDL today? - Page 4 Regist10

Are the McCanns in PDL today?

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Are the McCanns in PDL today? - Page 4 Empty Re: Are the McCanns in PDL today?

Post by TheTruthWillOut 05.05.14 20:13

aquila wrote:I've looked up the Leicester Mercury - the McCanns' regional newspaper and I can't find any report on the recent service in Rothley which I find strange. I stand to be corrected if I've missed it.

One would think a regional newspaper would cover this - it's of local interest isn't it?  The Leics Merc is reporting MSM stuff.

If they cover it, it will be in tomorrows edition. I'll check it out and post about it if its in. In Friday/Saturday's Mercury's it was as you say MSM stuff.
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Activity : 754

Back to top Go down

Are the McCanns in PDL today? - Page 4 Empty Boxes

Post by springer 05.05.14 20:16

One of the other photos appears to show a collection of soft toys.  Is it possible that the boxes contain the toys which were collected from the memorial site and sent to the poor in Eastern Europe?
springer

Activity : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by Watching The Detectives 05.05.14 20:32

This report shows the crowd and more photos on the railings and video clip of Gerry speaking:

http://www.itv.com/news/central/story/2014-05-03/seven-years-since-madeleine-mccann-disappeared/#crowds-gather-to-remember-madeleine-mccann-who-disappeared-7-years-ago_356331
Watching The Detectives

Activity : 64

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 05.05.14 20:34

TheTruthWillOut wrote:
aquila wrote:I've looked up the Leicester Mercury - the McCanns' regional newspaper and I can't find any report on the recent service in Rothley which I find strange. I stand to be corrected if I've missed it.

One would think a regional newspaper would cover this - it's of local interest isn't it?  The Leics Merc is reporting MSM stuff.

If they cover it, it will be in tomorrows edition. I'll check it out and post about it if its in. In Friday/Saturday's Mercury's it was as you say MSM stuff.
Thanks TruthWillOut.

As for the service in Rothley, I can't imagine any parent wishing to take their child along to that. Good grief, childhood is short enough without being told that there are loads of missing children and someone might come and get you.

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 05.05.14 20:39

Watching The Detectives wrote:This report shows the crowd and more photos on the railings and video clip of Gerry speaking:

http://www.itv.com/news/central/story/2014-05-03/seven-years-since-madeleine-mccann-disappeared/#crowds-gather-to-remember-madeleine-mccann-who-disappeared-7-years-ago_356331
I count about 40-45 people, about 1/3 of them children who are with their families.
canada12

Activity : 1698

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 05.05.14 20:42

canada12 wrote:
Watching The Detectives wrote:This report shows the crowd and more photos on the railings and video clip of Gerry speaking:

I count about 40-45 people, about 1/3 of them children who are with their families.
Me too canada12. Those kids would have been better off riding bikes or playing in the park and having the life that was denied to Madeleine.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 05.05.14 20:50

Nina wrote:
TheTruthWillOut wrote:But Nina don't you think it is a completely inappropriate picture for such an event?

Should predominately be Madeleine pictures IMO.
Well yes I do TTWO, and that is why I wanted to see the other pictures, to see if there is some sort of link. A pallet full of sealed cardboard boxes must have some link to the anniversary, surely.
Apologies Nina if my posts have crossed with yours. I can't believe the photo of a pile of boxes on a pallet either, just as I can't believe why children on a bank holiday weekend are attending a vigil for a missing child.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 05.05.14 21:01

The estimated population of Rothley is 3,612 inhabitants.
There were about 40-45 of them at the Madeleine thingy.
Speaks volumes.
Between 1% and 2% of the population were persuaded to pop by and have a look.
Oh dear.
canada12

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 05.05.14 21:04

canada12 wrote:The estimated population of Rothley is 3,612 inhabitants.
Speaks volumes.
Oh dear.
Am I wrong in thinking this is the combined effort of four churches and it was an Anglican service?
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 05.05.14 21:05

aquila wrote:
Speaks volumes.
Oh dear.
Am I wrong in thinking this is the combined effort of four churches and it was an Anglican service?

Perhaps it was part of the service, you mean? A sort-of outdoor sermon, with guest speakers? :-)
canada12

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTruthWillOut 05.05.14 21:06

Speaks volumes.
Oh dear.

And another 6000+ people in Mountsorrel that starts ~20 metres down the road from the Crescent.....
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 05.05.14 21:10

There's one photograph which has inadvertently obscured the full name of shop's hoarding and is just showing 'fisheries'.

Yes, the department of fisheries...fish and all things fishy.

ETA: I saw the irony. It obviously has nothing to do with the fishmonger's shop.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 05.05.14 22:13

canada12 wrote:

I counted 57 people, all ages.

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by Nereid 06.05.14 12:03

Whoever made that poster of the missing children made a huge error by labelling a photograph of Denise Pipitone as being Katrice Lee.
Very sloppy and disrespectful imo.

Are the McCanns in PDL today? - Page 4 Katric10
Nereid

Activity : 327

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 06.05.14 12:35

Nereid wrote:Whoever made that poster of the missing children made a huge error by labelling a photograph of Denise Pipitone as being Katrice Lee.

The above board of photographs is set out in the format of a typical primary school classroom display. The backing paper and border roll are standard consortium materials. The green and yellow mix is popular because it cheers up primary classrooms. The double mounting of the title is beloved of primary teachers and the photographs are set at the display angles regularly used by teachers and are symmetrically pleasing. The overlap of annotated pictures is also standard classroom practice. These methods of display are refined by teachers to optimise classroom appearance, especially where inspection is concerned.

The professionalism on this board is in stark contrast to the limp ribbons and not of the same presentational hand IMO. Ditto for the non-annotated photographs, particularly of the boxes which leave you askance as to meaning/relevance. However, these photographs appear to have been laminated and possibly hole-punched at the top corners to allow for threading of the ribbon.

The board itself may be a wall mounted one which has been taken off a wall for the purpose. It's hard to see but I thought I glimpsed bracket holes. It is possible that a Sunday school may have access to these materials, of course. But this level of expertise of the photograph display is commonly seen in mainstream schools.

Notwithstanding the well-presented board, the whole thing smacks of a last minute dash. There is little of thematic purpose and no loving thoughtfulness to my eye. Taking this into account then adding in KH's scruffy appearance and GM's lacklustre words, it is hardly a tribute to a lost daughter.  IMO, this gathering was not their original intention.
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 06.05.14 13:15

And Katrice Lee would now be 35 years old.
Not exactly a Missing CHILD.

But please give generously all the same.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16587

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot 06.05.14 14:14

Mirage wrote:

The above board of photographs is set out in the format of a typical primary school classroom display. The backing paper and border roll are standard consortium materials. The green and yellow mix is popular because it cheers up primary classrooms. The double mounting of the title is beloved of primary teachers and the photographs are set at the display angles regularly used by teachers and are symmetrically pleasing. The overlap of annotated pictures is also standard classroom practice. These methods of display are refined by teachers to optimise classroom appearance, especially where inspection is concerned.

The professionalism on this board is in stark contrast to the limp ribbons and not of the same presentational hand IMO. Ditto for the non-annotated photographs, particularly of the boxes which leave you askance as to meaning/relevance. However, these photographs appear to have been laminated and possibly hole-punched at the top corners to allow for threading of the ribbon.

The board itself may be a wall mounted one which has been taken off a wall for the purpose. It's hard to see but I thought I glimpsed bracket holes. It is possible that a Sunday school may have access to these materials, of course. But this level of expertise of the photograph display is commonly seen in mainstream schools.

Notwithstanding the well-presented board, the whole thing smacks of a last minute dash. There is little of thematic purpose and no loving thoughtfulness to my eye. Taking this into account then adding in KH's scruffy appearance and GM's lacklustre words, it is hardly a tribute to a lost daughter.  IMO, this gathering was not their original intention.
Perhaps it is someone from this school (or another).  http://www.rothley.leics.sch.uk/newsletters/current-newsletter

Not a  lot of notice given (newsletter date 2nd May- prayers 3rd May).

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.05.14 16:04

PeterMac wrote:And Katrice Lee would now be 35 years old.

It is a mystery though why that case received little, if any, publicity at the time - a child who disappeared on her 2nd birthday while out of her mother's sight for just a few moments you'd think would be newsworthy.

I agree that the presentation of the board suggests that it was prepared by school children rather than the McCanns.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 06.05.14 16:37

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:
PeterMac wrote:And Katrice Lee would now be 35 years old.

It is a mystery though why that case received little, if any, publicity at the time - a child who disappeared on her 2nd birthday while out of her mother's sight for just a few moments you'd think would be newsworthy.

I agree that the presentation of the board suggests that it was prepared by school children rather than the McCanns.
The McCanns shared a tv sofa with Katrice Lee's mother and her sister - AND - a senior UK police officer. Of course, the McCanns gained the most minutes of interview/coverage.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 06.05.14 16:42

After all the money they have received via the fund, surely a better floral tribute could have been arranged.   Two vases of yellow tulips, to mark the SEVENTH anniversary of Maddie having disappeared -  I am tempted to swear, but in view of the topic I will only say poor show, poor show, imo.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 06.05.14 18:12

Mirage wrote:
Nereid wrote:Whoever made that poster of the missing children made a huge error by labelling a photograph of Denise Pipitone as being Katrice Lee.

I have no doubt that back in 2007 the wee one envisaged a Live Aid style commemoration of the 7th anniversary of his eldest daughter being 'taken' to be held at Wembley stadium with himself addressing a crowd of 90,000+ and, having emulated Phil Collins' flght across the pond, repeating his speech to rapturous applause that same day at the Yankee Stadium or similar in New York but once the Feds got a look at him in the flesh, and the great American public got to observe him and his spouse through Oprah's microscope, that was the end of Gerry's dream.

With their lies exposed for the world to see, all the McCanns could muster on 3 May 2014 was a handful of relatives and gawkers and a tacky display hastily attached to the gates of Rothley's War Memorial, but what I'd like to know is who gave them permission to hold a public assembly by the sacred ground of an epitaph to the fallen heroes of two world wars?
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 06.05.14 19:25

Driving down the motorway today, took a quick detour to Rothley.

Everything has been cleared away immaculately, not even a trace of yellow ribbon on the fence or anything 'high quality'.

Just the candle still burning.
Doug D

Activity : 5283

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 06.05.14 19:47

It would have taken less than 5 minutes to clear away the tawdry display the McCanns' attached to the gates of Rothley's War Memorial to commemorate the 7th anniversary of their daughter being 'taken' from a foreign field country but, from the penultimate photo here http://www.leicestershirevillages.com/rothley/18117.html it seems to me a candle is a permanent feature, Doug
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTruthWillOut 06.05.14 19:52

TheTruthWillOut wrote:

Just to update this (and get my dates right!) The service should have been covered in yesterday's Mercury but it definitely isn't featured. 

So I guess it was a last minute gathering.
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 06.05.14 19:58

ultimaThule wrote:It would have taken less than 5 minutes to clear away the tawdry display the McCanns' attached to the gates of Rothley's War Memorial to commemorate the 7th anniversary of their daughter being 'taken' from a foreign field country but, from the penultimate photo here http://www.leicestershirevillages.com/rothley/18117.html it seems to me a candle is a permanent feature, Doug

And, when we think of her we think that, sadly, there IS a corner of a foreign field which is forever Madeleine

(For those not familiar with it, see Rupert Brooke. The Soldier)
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16587

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top