The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Daniel Entwhistle

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Daniel Entwhistle

Post by MRNOODLES on 03.05.14 13:18

Forgive me if this is the wrong section

Daniel vanish 3 years prior on the same day as MM

Daniel Entwistle: 10th anniversary of Great Yarmouth disappearance

Daniel Entwistle's parents started a neighbourhood search when he failed to return home
Continue reading the main story
Related Stories

Father haunted over missing son Watch
Police are renewing appeals for information about a missing Great Yarmouth boy on the 10th anniversary of his disappearance.

Daniel Entwistle was seven when he failed to return home on Saturday, 3 May, 2003.

He was captured on a local shop's CCTV and his bike was found near Trinity Quay, leading to a river bed search.

Norfolk Police said they hoped the anniversary would jog memories and provide vital, fresh information.

Det Insp Gary Bloomfield said: "Daniel would have been a teenager now and the last few years have been a heartbreaking time for his family, who have had to live with the fact that he has never been found and therefore had no closure.

"He went missing during the bank holiday weekend and we would like to take this opportunity to appeal to anyone who believes they may have been in the area and have new information to come forward."

Police said Daniel was 3ft 2ins (0.96m) tall and was wearing a blue Adidas t-shirt, blue tracksuit bottoms and grey trainers on the day of his disappearance.

There was a potential sighting of him with a group of boys near the river at Trinity Quay at about 15:30 BST.

Daniel, who lived at Copperfield Avenue, was caught on camera at Blencowes convenience store at about 17:05.

His red BMX bicycle was found abandoned in the early hours of the following morning.

MRNOODLES

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Daniel Entwhistle

Post by noddy100 on 03.05.14 13:22

I wonder how much £ spent looking for him

noddy100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MRNOODLES on 03.05.14 13:26

S*d all it was practically shelved after just 3 months.

MRNOODLES

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 03.05.14 13:26

This article is from 2013 so it's now 11 years since Daniel went missing.

I remember hearing about him at the time - inevitably the publicity didn't last for long. This is how missing children cases usually are and it brings home how strange everything is about the McCanns coverage.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 03.05.14 13:26

Daniel Entwistle: 10th anniversary of Great Yarmouth disappearance
Daniel Entwistle's parents started a neighbourhood search when he failed to return home
Related Stories

Police are renewing appeals for information about a missing Great Yarmouth boy on the 10th anniversary of his disappearance.
Daniel Entwistle was seven when he failed to return home on Saturday, 3 May, 2003.
He was captured on a local shop's CCTV and his bike was found near Trinity Quay, leading to a river bed search.
Norfolk Police said they hoped the anniversary would jog memories and provide vital, fresh information.
Det Insp Gary Bloomfield said: "Daniel would have been a teenager now and the last few years have been a heartbreaking time for his family, who have had to live with the fact that he has never been found and therefore had no closure.
"He went missing during the bank holiday weekend and we would like to take this opportunity to appeal to anyone who believes they may have been in the area and have new information to come forward."
Police said Daniel was 3ft 2ins (0.96m) tall and was wearing a blue Adidas t-shirt, blue tracksuit bottoms and grey trainers on the day of his disappearance.
There was a potential sighting of him with a group of boys near the river at Trinity Quay at about 15:30 BST.
Daniel, who lived at Copperfield Avenue, was caught on camera at Blencowes convenience store at about 17:05.
His red BMX bicycle was found abandoned in the early hours of the following morning.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-22383575

Thank you Mr Noodles, heart breaking, yet this story and missing little boy hardly gets any coverage in the media..........why?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 03.05.14 14:20

I have never even heard of this case until now. I was living in America at the time but even so. Not heard a bean about it. I'm sure there are similar cases dated back that again i have never heard about.

It makes me so so angry and mad that genuine heartbreaking abduction cases like this literally get forgotten, shelved and swept under the carpet. 

Then you get the Mccann case. Anyone with half a brain surely must realise there was no abduction, (DELETED)Yet for 7 years we get it all this crap rammed down our throats and millions and millions of taxpayers money spent (wasted) on some wild goose chase. 

The Mccann's should be ashamed of themselves. They really should. It's just an absolute insult to all the genuine parents that have lost a child. Kate Mccann - ambassador for Missing People. Now that just rubs salt in the wound.

Rant over. Sorry. Time for a cuppa.

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on 03.05.14 14:28

Andrew77R wrote:I have never even heard of this case until now. I was living in America at the time but even so. Not heard a bean about it. I'm sure there are similar cases dated back that again i have never heard about.

It makes me so so angry and mad that genuine heartbreaking abduction cases like this literally get forgotten, shelved and swept under the carpet. 

Then you get the Mccann case. Anyone with half a brain surely must realise there was no abduction, (DELETED)Yet for 7 years we get it all this crap rammed down our throats and millions and millions of taxpayers money spent (wasted) on some wild goose chase. 

The Mccann's should be ashamed of themselves. They really should. It's just an absolute insult to all the genuine parents that have lost a child. Kate Mccann - ambassador for Missing People. Now that just rubs salt in the wound.

Rant over. Sorry. Time for a cuppa.

Good post,i have never heard of this little boy either,thanks for bringing it to the forum MR NOODLES,and yes it makes sick as well to think this little boy and many other missing children are not getting the same coverage as Madeliene

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy on 04.05.14 0:09

candyfloss wrote:Daniel Entwistle: 10th anniversary of Great Yarmouth disappearance
Related Stories

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-22383575

Thank you Mr Noodles, heart breaking, yet this story and missing little boy hardly gets any coverage in the media..........why?
I suppose many people aren't aware of Daniel Entwhistle but imo the more pertinent question should be "Why do we hear so much about Madeleine McCann?" What makes her case so much more important and newsworthy?

Being very local to me, I know the case of Daniel very well. Even now he is mentioned a fair bit in local media - not constantly of course, but intermittently. He certainly is not forgotten.

@MRNOODLES wrote:S*d all it was practically shelved after just 3 months.
This is the way with missing child cases, though... If there are insufficient leads and the trail goes cold, manpower cannot be sustained indefinitely. This certainly doesn't mean the case is 'shelved', though.
Only in the last month there have been 2 arrests in the case of murdered Watton teenager Johanna Young, who went missing 23rd Dec and was found murdered on Boxing Day 1992... http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-27153984

Another local case that proves missing child cases are never truly closed is that of April Fabb. She vanished aged 14, seemingly into thin air, in 1969 , about 10 miles from where I grew up. Though this was 5 years before I was even born, I was very aware of her whilst growing up, she was mentioned a lot. Even now 35 years on, her case is re-looked at periodically.
Sadly her parents have both passed away with no answers... http://www.northnorfolknews.co.uk/news/mother_of_missing_girl_april_fabb_dies_without_ever_knowing_what_happened_to_her_1_2166844
I hope all the above cases gain closure of some kind.

And again - what is so special about the Maddie case ???

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.

rainbow-fairy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 04.05.14 6:42

Thanks for that detailed information.

My feeling is that initially the 'search' for Madeleine was to go on for about a year.
After that she would simply have been the poster child for all missing children and a number of missing people charities.

The 'global Madeleine day' which Gerry proposed in June 2007 would fit into that theory nicely.

But that didn't happen. Soon after 3/5 I am - purely theorising - thinking that messages went to and fro from various government sources that all was not well with the abduction and that the whole charity/Euro DNA bank/micro-nanochip/biometrics could not be launched on the back of this particular event.

Ever since then we've looked at the wreckage of a plan that could have worked really well. The main players wont let it go and there must be good reasons to carry on with a semblance of a search. But it isn't a search for Madeleine at all.

It never was about finding and saving Madeleine.

So all credit to the police who are quietly still looking at crimes that don't hit the daily headlines.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by notlongnow on 04.05.14 12:33

Have to say reading this really winds me up,how do the mccs have the front to whinge about people not doing enough to help them.

notlongnow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 04.05.14 12:53

Lots of things about this whole fiasco wind me up.

Have a look at the Missing Kids website's home page.

http://missingkids.co.uk/

Not a single piece of useful information other than a photograph and minimum blurb. Interestingly not a single white child.

Now take a look at Madeleine's entry.

http://missingkids.co.uk/Missing/

'Missing from Overseas'

Ben Needhams is much the same. Missing from overseas

http://missingkids.co.uk/missing/

Daniel Entwistle's entry: Missing from East of England.

http://missingkids.co.uk/missing/

NOW...take a look at the Child Rescue Alert page.

http://missingkids.co.uk/about/Child-Rescue-Alert/

Until there is evidence of how many children go missing, how many are found, how many are actually abducted I am reserving the right to say 'the Emperor's got no clothes on'.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum