The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

Regards,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Why was 'the man from the creche' carrying his daughter home in her pyjamas?

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why was 'the man from the creche' carrying his daughter home in her pyjamas?

0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
13% 13% 
[ 6 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
87% 87% 
[ 39 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 45

Re: Why was 'the man from the creche' carrying his daughter home in her pyjamas?

Post by MissBlueSky on 29.04.14 15:53

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/panorama/7106086.stm

From the Panorama programme:

BILTON: From your sketch he appears to be carrying the child in a sort of unusual way.

JANE: Yeah, he was carrying sort of across the body like that. I suppose in hindsight you'd probably think somebody would carry them more against the shoulder.

JANE wishes she had said the male was carrying “the child” in a less “unusual way”. “In hindsight”. “Probably”.

MissBlueSky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was 'the man from the creche' carrying his daughter home in her pyjamas?

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 29.04.14 16:00

@MissBlueSky wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/panorama/7106086.stm

BILTON: From your sketch he appears to be carrying the child in a sort of unusual way.

JANE: Yeah, he was carrying sort of across the body like that. I suppose in hindsight you'd probably think somebody would carry them more against the shoulder.

JANE wishes she had said the male was carrying “the child” in a less “unusual way”. “In hindsight”. “Probably”.

Big, flashing red indicator that she lied.

'In hindsight' ... what? This can only refer to some thought that you have had personally, not somebody else. It makes no sense to refer to the hindsight of the abductor.

She can only be referring to her own thoughts and actions of the past with those words.

whatliesbehindthesofa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyB on 29.04.14 16:01

The transcript should read 
JANE: Yeah, I was carrying .... sort of across the body like that. I suppose in hindsight you'd probably think somebody would carry them more against the shoulder

Here's that bit of the interview

AndyB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29.04.14 16:04

In hindsight Jane means she wished she came up with a more believable story than the crock she spouted. 

IMO she witnessed GM at some point carrying a deceased MBM in the way that she described the imaginary abductor. She couldn't amend the 'carrying' position so was stuck with it. An own goal there. I'm sure GM gave her his tuppence worth about that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29.04.14 16:10

Andrew77R wrote:

In hindsight Jane means she wished she came up with a more believable story than the crock she spouted. 

IMO she witnessed GM at some point carrying a deceased MBM in the way that she described the imaginary abductor. She couldn't amend the 'carrying' position so was stuck with it. An own goal there. I'm sure GM gave her his tuppence worth about that.

Andrew77R: possibility JT herself carrying child?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29.04.14 16:28

Ladyinred wrote:
Andrew77R wrote:

Yes your right. Just watched the Video posted a few minutes ago. Totally forgot about the 'I was...'. Big red flag.

She doesn't seem the brightest spark does she.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tangled Web on 29.04.14 16:50

Andrew77R wrote:
Ladyinred wrote:
Andrew77R wrote:

Yes your right. Just watched the Video posted a few minutes ago. Totally forgot about the 'I was...'. Big red flag.

She doesn't seem the brightest spark does she.

Even she now realises how unnatural it is to carry a four year old this way. Also, fancy JT having a go at the parents of said barefoot/without blanket child, when she'd just admitted leaving her kids in an apartment whilst she went for a meal!! The audacity!! Not that I believe a word of it, obviously.

Tangled Web

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on 29.04.14 17:43

Ladyinred wrote:
Andrew77R wrote:

I have thought this is a possibility too. J.T at some point carries Madeleine that evening.......Tannerman is created to give (admittedly very little) credence to the 'random abductor' theory. Plus, also covers the possibility that someone spotted her carrying Madeleine - it wasn't her because it was Tannerman!

(Especially bearing in mind how JT seemed hazy about the description - to the extent of not being sure about the gender, even.)

Which may also (partly) account for the pickle that appears to have arisen with Jez Wilkins and his pram arriving on the scene outside the McCann apartment  (allegedly! - can't take anything for granted in this case - did anyone else see him apart from J.T and G.M?) at anywhere between 8.30pm and 9.15pm.

Just suppose J.T did agree to carry Madeleine somewhere that evening, Jez is wandering around with his pram (let us assume he is an entirely independent witness in this scenario) and happens to bump into Gerry at the point in the evening where JT is at the top of the road carrying Madeleine away somewhere before the police arrive on the scene. 

Heck! This puts a spanner in the works.....it means there can be no shutter jemmying (presumably supposed to happen prior to 9.15pm when the alarm was first raised as reported by eye-witnesses at the Tapas area)  and it also means that Jez might have spotted JT carrying Madeleine.

Tannerman is created to provide an alibi for Jane, and to forestall the possibility that Jez (or anyone else) saw Tanner carrying Madeleine.

Jane places herself as innocently walking along the road. The only problem is that Jez didn't see her pass him in the road. But that is because she didn't pass him in the road! 

As J.T wouldn't have known that evening that Jez (or someone) hadn't spotted her carrying Madeleine, she had to 'invent' Tannerman very quickly to cover that base.

Just a theory! The Mcs and Tapas gang certainly do seem to have got very hot under the collar about the whole Jez/Gerry/Jane/Tannerman encounter. The timings, which direction people were heading in, what they were wearing, how light it was and so on. The reconstruction that Jane and Gerry took part in indicates how this is all pivotal for them, imo.

IMO she witnessed GM at some point carrying a deceased MBM in the way that she described the imaginary abductor. She couldn't amend the 'carrying' position so was stuck with it. An own goal there. I'm sure GM gave her his tuppence worth about that

Yes, that's possible - and, again, Tannerman was created to provide an alibi just in case GM was spotted by anyone.

j.rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29.04.14 17:45

Andrew77R wrote: [...]

What was the Smith's business interests? Could it be that it was not quite legit, therefore didn't want to draw attention to himself straight away. Maybe assuming that other witness's would come forward sooner and therefore he might not of needed to speak up and remain in the background.

Almost everyone believed the parents / MSM version of events in the first few weeks. It would take some balls to turn round and say actually i'm pretty sure that i saw the father of the missing girl walking down towards the beach at the time of the 'abduction'.  

Maybe after a few weeks when his mate Murat was in the frame that he decided to speak up and also say he was fairly sure that the man he saw could of been GM as he felt guilty for not speaking up sooner. Again, hoping that other people would do so.

Just purporting theories as IMO i'm yet to be convinced that the Smith Sighting is fabricated.
To set the record straight: Martin Smith reported having seen "Smithman" in May 2007, yet only reported it could have been Gerry McCann in SEPTEMBER 2007, after he'd seen GM with knocked-out Sean on TV when they'd legged it back to GB, having been named "arguidos".

I for one do believe the Smith sighting to the extent that they DID see a man carrying a child, whom they couldn't identify at the time, at approx. 10pm on May 3. I can also imagine, that they didn't want to get involved in the high-flying case and that Martin ONLY decided to come forward, when someone he knew [and I don't think very intimately - "everyone" in PdL knows Murat] was under suspicion and he was sure it wasn't HIM he saw that night.

As for [kind of] recognising GM on t.v. by the way he was carrying his son, does cut wood with me. Of a brief encounter, in my experience, the most pregnant memory is of height, posture and way of moving [next to features like moustache, beard, extraordinary hair length, skin colour, flashing clothing]. Apart from that all brown-haired, clean-shaven, medium size and built, 30-40 year-old men look the same at first [2 second] meet ...

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 29.04.14 18:01

quote Tangled web  "Common sense tells me that a child abductor would prefer to have a quick getaway i.e. a car, as opposed to wandering the streets with an abducted child in full view. I don't believe either 'sighting' and I don't understand why a whole family (Smiths) lied " 

Who claimed that Smithman was carrying an abducted child? Martin Smith described a man, carrying a fair haired child aged 3 to 4 who was wearing pyjamas.
  DCI Redwood stated that the description of this little girl closely matched that of Madeleine McCann. He did not claim that Smithman was the abductor, or that the girl was Maddie, he said that the focus of Grange was now on this man.

Perhaps there was a girl similar to Madeleine being carried through the streets of PdL about 10 pm, seen by the Smith family. Carried by a man with short brown hair, aged 30-40.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 29.04.14 18:17

@russiandoll wrote:
Perhaps there was a girl similar to Madeleine being carried through the streets of PdL about 10 pm, seen by the Smith family. Carried by a man with short brown hair, aged 30-40.
Perhaps.

But more than likley not.

IMO

2007 (28 June) Dr Gerry McCann: “I have no doubt we will be able to sustain a high profile for Madeleine’s disappearance in the long-term”.

2017 (February) Dr Kate McCannthrust into a global bidding war…news giants battle to sign her up for the 10th anniversary…offered huge bids…bombarded with offers…30 sitting on the table…getting new bids every other day…one told Kate and Gerry: ‘Name your price!’

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29.04.14 18:18

@russiandoll wrote: [...]
  DCI Redwood stated that the description of this little girl closely matched that of Madeleine McCann. He did not claim that Smithman was the abductor, or that the girl was Maddie, he said that the focus of Grange was now on this man.  [...]
At the same time, that it became public the McCanns had supressed a PI's report on the Smith sighting ....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29.04.14 18:24

Andrew77R wrote:
He ruled Tannerman out. Emphasised the Smith sighting. Now i don't believe Tannerman ever existed although they could of found someone who around that time who WAS taking his child back from a night creche and TOLD Jane Tanner that THIS WAS the person YOU SAW. Even though IMO she DIDN't see anyone. Therefore getting Jane off the hook with her lies in return for more information about THAT NIGHT.

I think this is bang on the money. The Met know they will have to produce Tannerman in court in the event of a trial, so they have found 'someone' at some point in that vicinity that evening who, with a bit of tweaking, could fit the Tannerman description with a bit of artist's licence about exactly where, when and how dressed. This would explain why SY had to find Crecheman rather than him come forward again, as he probably thought he never quite fitted the bill. It also explains why he has not sold his 'story' to the media, as it will have been made clear he may have to appear as a witness and this could jeopardise his testimony.

Where I am not so certain is the motive for the Met switching the focus from Tannerman to Smithman. I am now convinced that a whitewash was planned, so who is Smithman? Or who do they want us to think he is?

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobs on 29.04.14 19:29

In regard to tanner on panorama she says "I was carrying"and she demonstrated how, this grabbed my attention immediately as you would expect.
I thought did she really say that and when i viewed her interview again she says I not he, in the panorama transcript though, they put he.

Hobs

View user profile http://tania-cadogan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 29.04.14 19:41

I'd like to add this extract from Aoife Smith's statement of 26th May 2007:

Personal Description:
— (1) the individual was male, Caucasian, light-skinned, between 20/30 years of age, of normal physical build, around 1,70/1,75 metres in height. At the time she saw his face but now cannot remember it. She thinks that he had a clean-shaven face. She does not remember seeing tattoos, scars or earrings. She did not notice his ears. His hair was thick-ish, light brown in colour, short at the back (normal) and a bit longer on the top.
His trousers were smooth "rights" along the legs, beige in colour, cotton fabric, thicker than linen, possibly with buttons, and without any other decoration.
— She did not see what he was wearing above his trousers as the child covered him almost completely at the top.
— She did not see what shoes he was wearing.
— The individual's gait was normal, between a fast walk and a run. He did not look tired, moving in a manner usual when one carries a child.

And Martin Smith's statement of 26th May 2007:

He was wearing cream or beige-coloured cloth trousers in a classic cut.

whatliesbehindthesofa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 29.04.14 19:43

@Hobs wrote:In regard to tanner on panorama she says "I was carrying"and she demonstrated how, this grabbed my attention immediately as you would expect.
I thought did she really say that and when i viewed her interview again she says I not he, in the panorama transcript though, they put he.

Er, Hobs, remember this?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Madeleine: Sniffer dogs 'found scent of death' on one of the McCanns' friends

Last updated at 09:29 26 September 2007

Friends of the McCanns faced fresh allegations yesterday after it was claimed that sniffer dogs had found the "scent of death" on one of them.

The same police dog which reacted to Mrs McCann's clothes - first causing suspicion to fall on her - was alleged to have smelled "death" on one of the friends who had dinner with the couple the night Madeleine vanished.

Police sources briefed a Portuguese newspaper that two police dogs from South Yorkshire, trained to detect corpses, human remains and microscopic traces of blood, had reacted to some items of clothing.

Family spokesman Clarence Mitchell denied categorically that any such procedure had happened.

The newspaper did not reveal which of the friends' clothing was meant to have triggered the reaction. Police in South Yorkshire refused to comment.

[REST SNIPPED]

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-483881/Madeleine-Sniffer-dogs-scent-death-McCanns-friends.html#ixzz2hhoarlAF

2007 (28 June) Dr Gerry McCann: “I have no doubt we will be able to sustain a high profile for Madeleine’s disappearance in the long-term”.

2017 (February) Dr Kate McCannthrust into a global bidding war…news giants battle to sign her up for the 10th anniversary…offered huge bids…bombarded with offers…30 sitting on the table…getting new bids every other day…one told Kate and Gerry: ‘Name your price!’

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 29.04.14 19:45

@Hobs wrote:In regard to tanner on panorama she says "I was carrying"and she demonstrated how, this grabbed my attention immediately as you would expect.

That is a very definite 'I' and not a 'he', Hobs

Although I do not possess your enviable forensic skills I have long been convinced that at some point, on or before 3 May 2007, Tanner carried Madeleine McCann in the same manner she claims to have seen a man carrying a pyjama clad child while she was flip flopping her way to the apartment where she and her partner had left their own infants unattended while they ate and drank with the McCanns and others in the Tapas Bar.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29.04.14 19:57

@Tony Bennett wrote:

Friends of the McCanns faced fresh allegations yesterday after it was claimed that sniffer dogs had found the "scent of death" on one of them.

The same police dog which reacted to Mrs McCann's clothes - first causing suspicion to fall on her - was alleged to have smelled "death" on one of the friends who had dinner with the couple the night Madeleine vanished.

Police sources briefed a Portuguese newspaper that two police dogs from South Yorkshire, trained to detect corpses, human remains and microscopic traces of blood, had reacted to some items of clothing.

Family spokesman Clarence Mitchell denied categorically that any such procedure had happened.

The newspaper did not reveal which of the friends' clothing was meant to have triggered the reaction. Police in South Yorkshire refused to comment.

Was any of the above confirmed in the original Police Files please?

I do remember reading something about it in the press but i didn't see confirmation (might of missed it).

Or could it be something of importance the PJ held back?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29.04.14 20:22

I might have missed it too ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 29.04.14 20:36

Andrew77R wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:

Was any of the above confirmed in the original Police Files please?

REPLY: NO

I do remember reading something about it in the press but i didn't see confirmation (might of missed it).

Or could it be something of importance the PJ held back?

REPLY: Yes it could be

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29.04.14 20:40

So, we are purporting that Tannerman could actually be Tannerwoman. Janetannerwoman, in fact. This for me, would pull a lot of things together.

Her description could almost fit that picture. Could the description be ambiguous enough to resemble her in case anyone (Wilkins?) did glimpse her walking across the end of the street while Gerry and Jez were talking?

This also solves a riddle that I've been banging on about for months - why did she weep in dismay and shock when Gerry betrayed her in "Madeleine was Here" part 4/5, when he contradicted her positioning of himself and Jez? If Jane was Tannerwoman she would need a cast-iron alibi. Pushing past the two of them talking would give her a presence there down the street with them. If she was there squashing by them, she couldn't have been glimpsed by Jez walking past the end of the street. Even if they didn't acknowledge seeing her, the physical closeness would be enough to suggest in peoples' minds that the was indeed down the street, not carrying a child at the end of it.

However, Gerry denies her this. By relocating him and Jez at the other side of the road means nobody saw her, nobody felt her push by. Nobody can confirm she was down the street at all - we now only have her word for it. She has no alibi, however flimsy, for the time, (if she was Tannerwoman) when she was carrying the child. Her head shaking in disbelief before she mutters "Ok that's fine" before bursting into tears tells of a woman who has been left high and dry, imo. No-one but her can say that she was down the street at all, and furthermore, she worries that Jez or someone else may have glimpsed her at the end of the street with the child. Only her word against everyone else's.

No wonder she's stuck rigidly to the story all these years. No wonder, if this is a whitewash, that SY created Crecheman. And no wonder that the McCanns still insist on promoting Tannerman on the website. Because what would happen if someone else saw Tannerwoman? They'd need an alternative explanation ready to hand. And still may.

All supposition and theory.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tangled Web on 29.04.14 20:53

Dee Coy wrote:So, we are purporting that Tannerman could actually be Tannerwoman. Janetannerwoman, infact. This for me, would pull a lot of things together.

Her description could almost fit that picture. Could the description be ambiguous enough to resemble her in case anyone (Wilkins?) did glimpse her walking across the end of the street while Gerry and Jez were talking?

This also solves a riddle that I've been banging on for for months - why did she weep in dismay and shock when Gerry betrayed her in "Madeleine was here" part 4/5, when he contradicted her positioning of himself and Jez? If Jane was Tannerwoman she would need a cast-iron alibi. Pushing past the two of them talking would give her presence there down the street with them. If she was there squashing by them, she couldn't have been glimpsed by Jez walking past the end of the street. Even if they didn't acknowledge seeing her, the physical closeness would be enough to suggest in peoples' minds that the was indeed down the street, not carrying a child at the end of it.

However, Gerry denies her this. By relocating him and Jez at the other side of the road means nobody saw her, nobody felt her push by. Nobody can confirm she was down the street at all - we now only have her word for it. She has no alibi, however flimsy, for the time, (if she was Tannerwoman) when she was carrying the child. Her head shaking in disbelief before she mutters "Ok that's fine" before bursting into tears tells of a woman who has been left high and dry, imo. No-one but her can say that she was down the street at all, and furthermore, she worries that Jez or someone else may have glimpsed her at the end of the street with the child. Only her word against everyone else's.

No wonder she's stuck rigidly to the story all these years. No wonder, if this is a whitewash, that SY created Crecheman. And no wonder that the McCanns still insist on promoting Tannerman on the website. Because what would happen if someone else saw Tannerwoman? They'd need an alternative explanation ready to hand. And still may.

All supposition and theory.

I wondered why JT became so upset in that documentary when GM disagreed with her. She definitely looked betrayed. I think you may be onto something here.

Tangled Web

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 on 29.04.14 21:01

I didn't realize that the dogs had detected a deaths scent on the clothing of one of the Tapas friends as well. I think I must have missed that back when it was reported, and of course it was brushed over and I've not seen it brought up since.

But I agree it could be among the items held back by the PJ - one of their "aces in the hole" perhaps - because now, they've dismissed Tannerman. So Jane has no alibi...and if it was her, as suggested above, then she's implicated a whole lot more than we've previously been discussing. If the dogs also located the death scent on her clothing, then that does add much to the possibility that she might be of extra interest to SY and the Portuguese police.

I think she might be quite vulnerable in the scope of the investigation.

canada12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29.04.14 21:20

Like it Deecoy.

So Tannerman is in fact Tannerwoman.

Tanner herself actually said 'I was carrying...' in the video. Massive freudian slip there for all to see. 

Gerry killed 2 birds with one stone then. Got his alibi sorted at the time of the 'supposed abduction' and distanced himself completely from Tannner saying he never saw her. 

Tanner desperately needed an alibi, so as you say no wonder she was so upset. Really up sh*t creek without a paddle. Gerry of course likes that and was probably his intention. She cant bring him down without bringing herself down and that won't happen in his eyes.

The artists impression given of Tannerman. Yes it does look a bit now like Tannerwoman. I guess she had to describe her sighting of someone who slightly resembled herself (if she was smart enough to do this intentionally) on the off chance someone did see her from distance. Although she quickly changed the description of Tannerman when she tried to frame Murat and therefore probably desperately trying to clear herself at the same time.

Very interesting indeed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29.04.14 21:30

Is it the late hour? Or is it really a lot of speculation, I see here?

As well as forum myths? E.g. : "I didn't realize that the dogs had detected a deaths scent on the clothing of one of the Tapas friends as well"

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum