The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Breaking Sky news - Brit police to go to portugal next week to help portuguese with investigations

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Breaking Sky news - Brit police to go to portugal next week to help portuguese with investigations

Post by Seek truth on 23.04.14 18:23

@SixMillionQuid wrote:
@Seek truth wrote:
Andrew77R wrote: Why have Sky news got this picture on the breaking news article....

Police are still keen to trace a man seen near Madeleine's appartment
Why? Well maybe because the mccanns still have that image on their website!! So the mccanns must be right!

Then who is this?
This is a man who remembered (6 years later) that it COULD HAVE BEEN him. That's what they said you see, that it COULD HAVE BEEN, they're not sure if there's another man Tanner saw. So there could have been 2 men carrying their child in pyjamas.

So if the mccanns site still shows they're looking for a man,  They COULD STILL BE. So the mccanns are alright.
Makes sense?

Seek truth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking Sky news - Brit police to go to portugal next week to help portuguese with investigations

Post by The Rooster on 23.04.14 18:25

Does anyone have the link to the Met website publishing this "...just breaking news..."

The Rooster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 23.04.14 18:25

@aquila wrote:What this 'breaking news' does is to create a space for the McCanns to mark the seventh anniversary of Madeleine's disappearance, her forthcoming birthday and to update their website with a message. The media will get a few good pages out of that and the general public who aren't particularly au fait with any details will feel sympathy, despise the bungling PJ and possibly avoid holidaying in Portugal as 'it's full of paedophiles who target British children'.

This 'breaking news' tells nothing of any progress in the investigation into Madeleine's disappearance but it sort of says that Scotland Yard are working really hard and being hindered by the bad Portuguese so have no fear, your millions of pounds are being well spent.

That's about all that's needed at this stage of the whitewash. Just my opinion of course.
It certainly seems to have all the ingredients to wrap up the ending into a satisfying whole.  The McCanns cannot be accused of neglect as all the parents of the assaulted children were home and in another room at the time Smellyman climbed in through their windows, so it just goes to show staying in with the kids would have made no difference and the McCanns are 100% innocent.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 23.04.14 18:29

@Cristobell wrote:
@aquila wrote:What this 'breaking news' does is to create a space for the McCanns to mark the seventh anniversary of Madeleine's disappearance, her forthcoming birthday and to update their website with a message. The media will get a few good pages out of that and the general public who aren't particularly au fait with any details will feel sympathy, despise the bungling PJ and possibly avoid holidaying in Portugal as 'it's full of paedophiles who target British children'.

This 'breaking news' tells nothing of any progress in the investigation into Madeleine's disappearance but it sort of says that Scotland Yard are working really hard and being hindered by the bad Portuguese so have no fear, your millions of pounds are being well spent.

That's about all that's needed at this stage of the whitewash. Just my opinion of course.
It certainly seems to have all the ingredients to wrap up the ending into a satisfying whole.  The McCanns cannot be accused of neglect as all the parents of the assaulted children were home and in another room at the time Smellyman climbed in through their windows, so it just goes to show staying in with the kids would have made no difference and the McCanns are 100% innocent.
 thumbup

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by margaret on 23.04.14 18:31

@SixMillionQuid wrote:
@margaret wrote:

I know what you mean but l can't see SY wasting millions of £s and coming up with a whitewash.
The cadaver alerts, the lack of maddies DNA or one credible lead won't go away.

As l said l remain hopeful until the end.
I'm curious to know what some people are expecting from this latest trip. Arrests?

If you don't believe public money is being flushed down to loo to purely to protect some people's image then by rights you must be expecting arrests to take place as a result of this visit carefully timed ahead of the 3rd May.

I don't have to think that at all. Strange logic you have there...

All l have said is that until SY conclude what they're investigating l will hope for the best.

margaret

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 23.04.14 18:36

@russiandoll wrote:
In my opinion, it is most certainly baiting a person to put their words into inverted commas. The post from Tony where he did so, repeating words like intelligence and experience, on face value looked like simple quotes, but had an undertone of being quite insulting to the intelligence of the person he was responding to, as if wlbts, in holding his opinions, was not intelligent.
In your great haste to condemn, and rush to appeal to admin to intervene, regarding the posts between WLBTS and me, russiandoll, you appear to have overlooked that the inverted commas you objected to came from WLBTS in the first place, thus:

WLBTS, page 2 of this thread: "I agree with you margaret, however much some people would like to cast aspersions on our 'intelligence' or 'experience'."

But you have a nice day now, and do let us continue to have the benefit of what your views are on what constitutes 'baiting'.

The debate was about evidence for whether or not the Hamish Campbell/Andy Redwood-led Operation Grange is a whitewash (my take) or a genuine, wholehearted, no-holds-barred search for the truth (WLBTS's opinion).

I have presented the evidence for my view.

WLBTS has failed to present any evidence he may have for his view.

And that's about it

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 23.04.14 18:44

@margaret wrote:
I don't have to think that at all. Strange logic you have there...

All l have said is that until SY conclude what they're investigating l will hope for the best.

Me too margaret, I shall continue to hope for the best until something proves otherwise :)

whatliesbehindthesofa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 23.04.14 18:47

@tasprin wrote:The fact that Scotland Yard have released this news now - less than 2 weeks before the upcoming anniversary - is just one too many coincidences imo. They did exactly the same thing during the libel trial. Whatever became of the trial by the way? The media no longer mentions it  - it's as if it never happened at all.
It will forever be known as the St. George's Day announcement.   yes

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Rooster on 23.04.14 18:48

I agree with you Margret... The Met will be a UK embarrassment if they try to cover up. If you want it to go away why bother paying for a review, just let it go. A lot of people are sick of the McCanns; send him to the Scrubs and her to Holloway and you have no need for a manifesto. If Dave can do this he's got my vote.

The Rooster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 23.04.14 18:50

@Cristobell wrote:
@tasprin wrote:The fact that Scotland Yard have released this news now - less than 2 weeks before the upcoming anniversary - is just one too many coincidences imo. They did exactly the same thing during the libel trial. Whatever became of the trial by the way? The media no longer mentions it  - it's as if it never happened at all.
They even managed to muscle in on St. George's Day.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seek truth on 23.04.14 18:52

@aquila wrote:
@Cristobell wrote:
They even managed to muscle in on St. George's Day.
There'll be a madeleine Day

Seek truth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23.04.14 19:00

IMO the NSY are not doing a whitewash and they cannot afford BTW. Yes, there are numerous examples of cover-up, but only because they have been discovered. IF they would do a whitewash now, this time, with the most famous criminal child disappearance in history since the Lindbergh baby, and be uncovered, they'd lose all of their credibility for all time!

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin on 23.04.14 19:00

@Cristobell wrote:

Ah, but no, it was the only apartment where the child disappeared - the parents of the other kids were in the apartments and able to prevent him from taking their children. It was also the only apartment where Smellyman didn't need to break in through the window to molest a child but according to TM, he did - perhaps he opened the window and shutter as a means of escape but found he couldn't squeeze his pot belly through it.

tasprin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 23.04.14 19:11

@The Rooster wrote: A lot of people are sick of the McCanns; send him to the Scrubs and her to Holloway and you have no need for a manifesto. If Dave can do this he's got my vote.
Hmmm, with the election slated by law for the second week of May 2015, he'd better tell Redwood and his 37.5 staff to get a move on.

At the last count, Redwood had about 11,757 mobile 'phones to check (in 31 countries), over 500 sex offenders to check out, several thousand 'actions' still to perform, 60 minus 22 suspects and 'persons of interests' to find and interview, and much else besides.

I think the only way to achieve all that, plus an arrest, before May 2015, would be for Cameron to quadruple Redwood's staff to, say, 150.

Maybe your voting decision should be based on another criterion?

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 23.04.14 19:16

There was an ex Met officer on Sky News today Hamish Brown I think his name was who was speaking/appealing for people to give information to the police!!!! He spoke of the Portuguese having phone records that would be helpful in light of the newly discovered crimes.

Unbelievable!

anyway, on a lighter note Tony, your post re the numbers of officers etc reminds me of Yes Minister re an economy drive

Hacker: How many people do we have in this department?
Sir Humphrey
: Ummm... well, we're very small...
Hacker
: Two, maybe three thousand?
Sir Humphrey: About twenty three thousand to be precise.
Hacker
: TWENTY THREE THOUSAND! In the department of administrative affairs, twenty three thousand adminstrators just to administer the other administrators! We need to do a time-and-motion study, see who we can get rid of.
Sir Humphrey
: Ah, well, we did one of those last year.
Hacker: And what were the results?
Sir Humphrey: It turned out that we needed another five hundred people.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 23.04.14 19:17

Châtelaine wrote:IMO the NSY are not doing a whitewash and they cannot afford BTW. Yes, there are numerous examples of cover-up, but only because they have been discovered. IF they would do a whitewash now, this time, with the most famous criminal child disappearance in history since the Lindbergh baby, and be uncovered, they'd lose all of their credibility for all time!
I needed to read something like that, well said Chatelaine!  Its impossible of course.  When DCI Redwood mentioned Smellyman before, he did not connect him to the disappearance of Madeleine.  And it is not so long ago, he was focusing on the clean cut Smithman, who has no resemblance to Smellyman whatsoever, not least he was carrying a child that fitted Madeleine's description!

Even though it has been 7 years, when it reaches an end there will have to be a trial, and its a bit like the Highlander series, 'There can be only one'. Only one trial that is, and during that trial, the evidence of the dogs will scrutinized by expert witnesses, and experts may be called by the Prosecution and the Defence, so even if the Accused is indeed Smellyman, he will use the dogs' evidence in his defence.  

The only way SY can clear the McCanns would be by accusing the PJ of planting evidence, etc, etc, which could lead to all sorts of diplomatic incidents, if not war!

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTruthWillOut on 23.04.14 19:19

I really don't know what SY's game is but the timing of this 10 days before the anniversary is suspect. But even if this is the final stages of a whitewash it means nothing as its a Portuguese case.

I would love to hear proposals of how SY plan to present this whitewash (convincingly) to the public to justify the spending of millions of pounds of UK tax payers money.

TheTruthWillOut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 23.04.14 19:20

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@margaret wrote:
I know what you mean but l can't see SY wasting millions of £s and coming up with a whitewash.
* Operation Countryman

* Brinks Mat cover-up

* Operation Jackpot (corruption at Stoke Newington Police Station)

* Murder of Jean Charles de Menezes 21.7.2005

* Cover-up of 2002 Operation Tiberius internal reprot on widespread corruption in the Met (stories in the Independent this year, see separae thread on this forum)

* Five corrupt reviews spanning nearly 3 decades into the Daniel Morgan case (murdered in 1987, see also threads on this forum)

* Cover-up of serious corruption at Catford Police Station, south London

* 'Untouchables' pseudo-investigation into corruption in Rigg Approach Flying Squad

* Stephen Lawrence cover-up of corrupt relations between one of the murderer's father (a senior Met officer) and local 'drugs lords'

* John Wilson beating cover-up 1996-2002

We are not talking of millions pf £s spent in high-level Met Police cover-ups here, we are talking tens or even hundreds of millions of pounds of taxpayers' money being poured into senior Met police officers covering up their own incompetence and corruption.

And I've not even mentioned a series of provincial cover-ups, like Hillsborough...

An impressive list and are mostly the police covering up their own corrupt workings - but this cover up (if it is one) is about some other agency's corruption.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23.04.14 19:21

@whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:
* Operation Countryman

* Brinks Mat cover-up

* Cover-up of 2002 Operation Tiberius internal reprot on widespread corruption in the Met (stories in the Independent this year, see separae thread on this forum)

* Five corrupt reviews spanning nearly 3 decades into the Daniel Morgan case (murdered in 1987, see also threads on this forum)

* 'Untouchables' pseudo-investigation into corruption in Rigg Approach Flying Squad

* Stephen Lawrence cover-up of corrupt relations between one of the murderer's father (a senior Met officer) and local 'drugs lords'

We are not talking of millions pf £s spent in high-level Met Police cover-ups here, we are talking tens or even hundreds of millions of pounds of taxpayers' money being poured into senior Met police officers covering up their own incompetence and corruption.

And I've not even mentioned a series of provincial cover-ups, like Hillsborough...

For the sake of balance could we have a list of all the investigations that weren't cover-ups?

'Course dear: 1 (PJ) + 1 (Textusa's) +1 (Joana Morais') + 1 (Pam's) +1 (the Twins, in around 5-10 years)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 23.04.14 19:26

@tasprin wrote:
@Cristobell wrote:

Ah, but no, it was the only apartment where the child disappeared - the parents of the other kids were in the apartments and able to prevent him from taking their children. It was also the only apartment where Smellyman didn't need to break in through the window to molest a child but according to TM, he did - perhaps he opened the window and shutter as a means of escape but found he couldn't squeeze his pot belly through it.
In the very uncomfortable Irish interview, when the presenter asks her if Madeleine could have walked out on her own, Kate explains that the shutters were open etc, and helpfully added, 'I'm not lying about that'. she then goes on to say that if Madeleine had wandered out on her own, she must have shut the patio door curtain behind her, the patio doors, and the two sets of gates on the small stairway.  Logic would dictate therefore, that Smellyman/Smithman, this week's suspect, would also have to do the same.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23.04.14 19:28

@Bishop Brennan wrote:

If Redwood has nothing as you say, what can explain his excitement?  Why is he getting excited at an irrelevance?

I see him as a perfectly decent, always reliable chap who finds himself massively out of his depth. Probably under considerable stress and no further forward after 3 long years, it's only natural for him to jump somewhat desperately on anything new - even if it lacks relevance.   But having spent 3 years submerging himself with ever more piles of leads / paperwork / ILRs / international sex offenders he seems lost and floundering.  Bit of a shame really.  

I concur: the man comes across as a decent fellow, and so far he has managed to run a tight ship (nobody blabbering to the outside world)

I've come to like him, and to trust he'll do the job

Whichever job

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 23.04.14 19:29

@Portia wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:
* Operation Countryman

* Brinks Mat cover-up

For the sake of balance could we have a list of all the investigations that weren't cover-ups?

'Course dear: 1 (PJ) + 1 (Textusa's) +1 (Joana Morais') + 1 (Pam's) +1 (the Twins, in around 5-10 years)
The fact that we know about them, and that they are listed, suggests they did not remain coverups.  That is, we know about them now.  Wouldn't the real coverups be the ones we don't know about?

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 23.04.14 19:35

There were appeals from non police officers for people to send their holiday snaps when Madeleine went missing. I hope Scotland Yard have investigated their files and are completely satisfied that every single one of those holiday snaps were indeed passed onto the PJ and now SY.

Just a thought.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23.04.14 19:46

A good thought, Aquila. It's something , which has been bothering me for quite a while [even though, I do have some different interpretations of Gamble's one-minute-viral-video ...].

Back to top Go down

Post by SixMillionQuid on 23.04.14 19:53

@Seek truth wrote:
@SixMillionQuid wrote:
@Seek truth wrote:
Andrew77R wrote: Why have Sky news got this picture on the breaking news article....

Police are still keen to trace a man seen near Madeleine's appartment
Why? Well maybe because the mccanns still have that image on their website!! So the mccanns must be right!

Then who is this?
This is a man who remembered (6 years later) that it COULD HAVE BEEN him. That's what they said you see, that it COULD HAVE BEEN, they're not sure if there's another man Tanner saw. So there could have been 2 men carrying their child in pyjamas.

So if the mccanns site still shows they're looking for a man,  They COULD STILL BE. So the mccanns are alright.
Makes sense?
I see Mr Redwood gave himself a bit a room to 'wriggle' just in case. A bit of shame because Crecheman seems to think it was him and saved his daughter's pyjamas after six years - just in case.

"It is my belief that Scotland Yard was set out on a mission, not one to find out what happened to Madeleine McCann but to rewrite the history of the case in such a way that the majority of the public simply forgets the past." - The Pat Brown Criminal Profiling Agency

SixMillionQuid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum