The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Breaking Sky news - Brit police to go to portugal next week to help portuguese with investigations

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Breaking Sky news - Brit police to go to portugal next week to help portuguese with investigations

Post by Cristobell on 23.04.14 15:31

So we are back to smellyman and the 5 apartment owners from last week are forgotten.

Pure speculation on my part, but I think the McCanns are still steering the investigation, inasmuch that they and their lawyers will plead every line of enquiry that hasn't been followed to a satisfactory conclusion.  If they are charged and in the dock, they can say, why are you blaming us when we have evidence that a smelly man was targeting small British girls on holiday in the Algarve. Ditto the burglars, the tractorman and crecheman - any of whom could arise again at any time.

The McCanns weren't satisfied that the PJ followed all the leads diligently and with Scotland Yard they are probably looking over their shoulders and telling them which way to go.  I've no idea how they are getting away with it (actually I do, but can't say) - but I suspect that the parents and their lawyers are very closely involved with the investigation and helping them in the same way they 'helped' the PJ, by providing leads for them to chase.  

All very strange it was not so long ago that Sir BHH said they had the names of suspects and were ready to make arrests.  This press release sounds as thought they are starting again at the beginning!

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking Sky news - Brit police to go to portugal next week to help portuguese with investigations

Post by plebgate on 23.04.14 15:33

I haven't seen Tony bating anybody on this or any other thread, so don't know why admin would need to admonish Tony.

WLBTS interpretation of Tony's "fascinating" remark was imo out of order.

From several posts I have seen it has always been WLBTS who replies (imo) to Tony in a negative and adversarial way.

WLBTS seems to have a "thing" about Tony being victorious during their "debates" and I do remember one post where WLBTS said something about having last word, but then edited the post.

I believe WLBTS has deliberately made more of Tony's "fascinating" remark to deflect their anger and never being able to "have last word" over Tony.

Sorry for seeming to butt in Tony, I know you can explain things yourself, but when other members decide to jump in and ask admin to become involved then I did feel I could give my take on things.

It was the same just before Marconi "left" the forum, some jumped in when there was no need to and caused chaos.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 23.04.14 15:45

Plebgate, you have a different understanding of the literal meaning of "fascinating"?

whatliesbehindthesofa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 23.04.14 15:46

errr no I do not as I took it from one of your posts.   titter

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 23.04.14 15:51

OK.. after this I will bow out as it is not my intention to cause trouble.

This thread, a few pages in, had all the hallmarks of deteriorating into a back and forth between 2 members while the topic got buried under it all.

In my opinion, it is most certainly baiting a person to put their words into inverted commas. The post from Tony where he did so,  repeating words like intelligence and experience, on face value looked like simple quotes, but had an undertone of being quite insulting to the intelligence of the person he was responding to, as if wlbts, in holding his opinions, was not intelligent.

Using a word like fascinating invites a question, which wlbts put to Tony. I do not see this word hinting at a threat of any kind, unlike wlbts, but there is a sentiment that for Tony he is an object of curiosity and that he is being watched and an assessment made.
  I simply would like admin to step in and ask members to be direct and courteous when disagreeing and advise that this kind of innuendo will cause ill-feeling.

I admire Tony for his work in this most frustrating of cases, but I am disappointed when I read things from him such as his recent posts to wlbts.
 I also believe that as soon as admin read something like that from me, for example, there would be a suggestion to me to word my posts differently and rightly so
 It should not be a battle of who scores points in a debate. This is not about ego, is it?

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 23.04.14 15:51

@plebgate wrote:errr no I do not as I took it from one of your posts.   titter

Well then, I don't know what your point is, perhaps you could illuminate me.  Tony regularly responds to my posts with comments about his "great interest" in me and how he finds my posts "fascinating".  I don't see how it is 'out of order' to ask why the particular interest in me and my posts.

@russiandoll - the "threat" comment I made was not an accusation, just a question - TB had said "That's for me to know, and for you to find out", and I didn't know what that was supposed to mean.  It wasn't about the word "fascinating", I've not said that was a threat, nor that anything was definitely a threat.

ETA - Tony did answer my question:

@Tony Bennett wrote:
Of course it isn't a threat. It just means that I have always had an interest in your posts and the kind of topics you post about, the drift of yuor theories about the case, and the things you don't post about - and I expect that interest will continue. It is nothing for you to worry about.

Which still leaves me curious about the particular interest in myself and my posts, and why it will continue. This is an insinuation that I'm not here for honest reasons isn't it? I don't see what else it could be.

whatliesbehindthesofa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 23.04.14 15:55

Mais seis casos de crianças inglesas atacadas no Algarve

A polícia britânica revelou esta quarta-feita ter identificado mais seis casos de crianças inglesas atacadas sexualmente no Algarve, reforçando a convicção de que terá existido um pedófilo nos anos próximos ao desaparecimento de Madeleine McCann.
Estes casos foram descobertos após um apelo público feito através da comunicação social, em março, relacionado com outros 12 casos assinalados anteriormente e que o detetive inspetor chefe Andy Redwood disse hoje terem um "número suficiente de características em comum", nomeadamente o método ou hora, para fazer acreditar que estejam relacionadas.

"O intruso não força a entrada nas casas e nada ou quase nada foi roubado", referiu hoje num encontro com jornalistas, aos quais revelou que desde março receberam mais de 500 novos telefonemas.
Ao todo, a Scotland Yard tem registo de 18 casos que envolvem crianças inglesas "brancas" com idades entre os seis e 12 anos, dos quais nove foram ataques sexuais concretizados e três estiveram quase, mas não chegaram a acontecer.
Três tiveram lugar na Praia da Luz, entre 2005 e 2010, cinco no Carvoeiro, entre 2004 e 2006, nove entre a Praia da Galé, Vale de Parra e São Rafael, no concelho de Albufeira, entre 2004 e 2008, e um em Vilamoura, em 2005.
Andy Redwood, que chefia a 'Operação Grange', a investigação do desaparecimento de Madeleine McCann a cargo da Polícia Metropolitana britânica, adiantou que quatro dos casos não tinham sido reportados às autoridades portuguesas e mostrou-se interessado em saber pormenores sobre um incidente em particular, verificado no centro da Praia da Luz com uma criança de 10 anos.
"Não voltei a Portugal desde o último apelo, em março. Claramente, uma das coisas que estarei interessado em fazer no próximo encontro com a equipa de investigação [da Polícia Judiciária] do Porto é saber o que fizeram com toda esta informação", afirmou.
O responsável garantiu que todas estas novas descobertas foram partilhadas com a PJ, mas que só teve acesso a alguns dos processos de investigação das autoridades portuguesas, e admitiu que existam processos "perdidos" nas polícias locais que não sejam conhecidos pela PJ.
"Queremos consultar todos os processos para acrescentar à nossa investigação", justificou.
Na altura do apelo público feito pela Scotland Yard em março, fonte da PJ confirmou que a pista de um alegado pedófilo "corresponde à linha de investigação descoberta pela equipa da PJ liderada por Helena Monteiro" e que "a reabertura do inquérito" judicial surgiu na sequência da investigação de um suspeito.
"Essa linha de investigação foi dada a conhecer à polícia inglesa e aos pais de Maddie [Gerry e Kate McCann], em reunião realizada em outubro de 2013, nas instalações da PJ, em Lisboa", referiu.
Esclareceu ainda a fonte que "o inquérito continua aberto e a PJ prossegue a investigação com a reserva e discrição que a tem caracterizado", acrescentando que "a identificação de cinco situações com idêntico 'modus operandi' permitem admitir como possível que estes crimes tenham sido cometidos pelo mesmo autor e que este possa estar relacionado com o desaparecimento de Madeleine".
Em outubro, a Scotland Yard deu conta de uma série de linhas de investigação e retratos-robô, nomeadamente de um homem visto a transportar uma criança pequena nos braços na noite do desaparecimento na Praia da Luz e de uma série de homens de cabelo claro vistos a rondar as imediações do apartamento onde a criança inglesa estava alojada.
Porém, não obteve qualquer informação que permitisse esclarecer aqueles avistamentos, nem descobrir quem levou a cabo uma série de roubos no complexo turístico naquele ano.
Madeleine McCann desapareceu poucos dias antes de fazer quatro anos, a 3 de maio de 2007, do quarto onde dormia juntamente com os dois irmãos gémeos, mais novos, num apartamento de um aldeamento turístico na Praia da Luz, no Algarve.

GOOGLE TRANSLATION:

Six more cases of British children attacked in Algarve
Cases were discovered after a public appeal made through the media .
British police revealed this Wednesday taken to have identified six cases of British children sexually assaulted in the Algarve , reinforcing the belief that a pedophile will have existed in the coming years the disappearance of Madeleine McCann .
These cases were discovered after a public appeal made through the media in March , related to 12 other cases previously reported and that Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood said today having a " sufficient number of characteristics in common," including the method or time to make believe they are related
The intruder does not force entry into homes and little or nothing was stolen , "he said today in a meeting with reporters , which revealed that since March received over 500 new calls.
Altogether , Scotland Yard has registered 18 cases involving British children " white " aged between six and 12 years , nine of which were implemented and three sexual assaults were almost, but did not actually happen.
Three took place in Praia da Luz , between 2005 and 2010 , five in Carvoeiro , between 2004 and 2006 , nine of the Gale Beach , Vale de Parra and San Rafael , in the municipality of Albufeira , between 2004 and 2008 , and one in Vilamoura in 2005 .
Andy Redwood , who heads the ' Operation Grange ' , the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann in charge of the British Metropolitan Police , said that four of the cases had not been reported to the Portuguese authorities and was interested in inquiring about a particular incident verified in Praia da Luz with a 10 year old .
" I did not return to Portugal since the last appeal in March. Clearly , one of the things I will be interested in making the next meeting with the research team [ Judicial Police ] Port is not what they did with all this information," said .
The official assured that all these new findings were shared with the PJ , but only had access to some of the research processes of the Portuguese authorities , and admitted that there are " lost " cases in which local police are not known for PJ .
" We want to see all the processes to add to our research, " he said.
At the time of the public appeal made by Scotland Yard in March , PJ source confirmed that the track of an alleged pedophile "is the line of research discovered by the PJ team led by Helena Monteiro " and that " the reopening of the investigation " appeared in court following the investigation of a suspect .
" This line of research was made known to the English police and the parents of Maddie [ Gerry and Kate McCann ] at a meeting held in October 2013 at the premises of the PJ , in Lisbon ," he said .
The source further stated that " the investigation is still open and PJ continuing to investigate the reservation and discretion that has characterized ," adding that " the identification of five cases with the same ' modus operandi ' as possible to allow admit that these crimes were committed by the same author and that it may be related to the disappearance of Madeleine . "
In October , Scotland Yard realized a number of lines of inquiry and robot - portraits , particularly of a man seen carrying a small child in her arms the night of the disappearance in Praia da Luz and a series of light-haired men viewed hanging around the vicinity of the apartment where the English child was staying .
However, did not obtain any information that would allow light to those sightings , or find out who carried out a series of robberies in the resort that year .
Madeleine McCann disappeared a few days before to four years, May 3, 2007 , the room where he slept with both , younger , in an apartment of a tourist resort in Praia da Luz in the Algarve twin brothers .

http://www.cmjornal.xl.pt/detalhe/noticias/nacional/portugal/mais-seis-casos-de-criancas-inglesas-atacadas-no-algarve

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 23.04.14 15:55

@whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:
@plebgate wrote:errr no I do not as I took it from one of your posts.   titter

Well then, I don't know what your point is, perhaps you could illuminate me.  Tony regularly responds to my posts with comments about his "great interest" in me and how he finds my posts "fascinating".  I don't see how it is 'out of order' to ask why the particular interest in me and my posts.
I have made my observations above and they cannot be argued against as they are there in black and white.   I think it is you who has an interest in Tony's posts and trying to "have last word".

My last post on the matter (not trying to have last word) but if anyone is interested in reading the "debates" between the two of you (which I don't think anyone would bother to do), they can do so.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 23.04.14 15:59

sorry wlbts. Of the 2 things which I found unacceptable, the " THAT'S FOR ME TO KNOW AND YOU TO FIND OUT " was imo the more objectionable. I thought that you asked a reasonable question and I did not like the reply.

I will now bow out !

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23.04.14 16:00

I have a lot of distractions in my personal life at the moment and haven't gone through the posts on this topic in detail.

I agree with you though Russiandoll that sometimes people (naming no names!) can get a little sarcastic when dealing with others with whom they don't always agreed - and that is regrettable and gives a bad impression of the forum.

I hope that we can all move on now.

By the way, RD, we seem to have swapped places on the portal map - I'm about to dive into the River Mersey and you're hobnobbing with the Westminster crowd!

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 23.04.14 16:00

@russiandoll wrote:sorry wlbts. Of the 2 things which I found unacceptable, the " THAT'S FOR ME TO KNOW AND YOU TO FIND OUT " was imo the more objectionable. I thought that you asked a reasonable question and I did not like the reply.

I will now bow out !

It's probably boring every other member of this forum, so I will bow out too :)

whatliesbehindthesofa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by diatribe on 23.04.14 16:03

@canada12 wrote: Arrest them on the lesser charge and bring them in for questioning. Pronto.

But the British police do not even have the power of arrest, let alone the power to charge anyone. It is not within their jurisdiction to do so. A line in the sand has already been drawn in this case with Tony Bennett's attempt at a private prosecution.

This entire investigation by Scotland Yard has by default to be superficial with the only possible motive being to exonerate the McCanns of any culpability vis a vis the disappearance of their daughter, Madeleine. Come on folks, get real, this investigation was instigated by a government that has Clarence Mitchell as a parliamentary candidate for next yr's forthcoming election, Kate's lifelong friend and former fund directer, Esther McVey as a gov. minister and the full approval of Rupert Murdoch.

In the immortal words of John Mcenroe, ''You cant be serious, man.'' big grin

diatribe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 23.04.14 16:04

ANOTHER 'heads up' from the MET's 'Groovy Gang' to 'nasty man' to 'relocate' as 'we're coming to get ya......NEXT WEEK, MONTH, YEAR and losing weight and using 'nice' aftershave, as opposed to G&K's 'exclusive' Eau de De'ath, available from their online shop, ain't gonna help ya'

'You're NICKED, or very nearly nicked, matey!'

'So, PLEASE, pretty please, stay where you are, in your stinky , hellish lair'

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 23.04.14 16:29

@diatribe wrote:
@canada12 wrote: Arrest them on the lesser charge and bring them in for questioning. Pronto.

But the British police do not even have the power of arrest, let alone the power to charge anyone. It is not within their jurisdiction to do so. A line in the sand has already been drawn in this case with Tony Bennett's attempt at a private prosecution.

This entire investigation by Scotland Yard has by default to be superficial with the only possible motive being to exonerate the McCanns of any culpability vis a vis the disappearance of their daughter, Madeleine. Come on folks, get real, this investigation was instigated by a government that has Clarence Mitchell as a parliamentary candidate for next yr's forthcoming election, Kate's lifelong friend and former fund directer, Esther McVey as a gov. minister and the full approval of Rupert Murdoch.

In the immortal words of John Mcenroe, ''You cant be serious, man.'' big grin
I don't think we can blame the tories on this occasion.  Jim Gamble, friend of the McCanns, by his own admission, has been very critical of the coalition government and his disagreement with Theresa May over the future of CEOP led to his resignation.  So the McCanns two closest allies are not bound by politics.  

The purpose of Operation Grange is a curiousity.  If they identify Smellyman by his dna, and he must have left it everywhere given his poor hygiene, they cannot extradite him to the UK and try him for a crime committed in Portugal!

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by diatribe on 23.04.14 16:49

I'd have thought there'd be more interest in Smellyman from Ralph Lauren than Scotland Yard, Cristobell, he'd be an ideal candidate to participate as a before man in one of their advertising campaigns.  big grin

diatribe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 23.04.14 16:55

Well, the reported cases seem to have links.
   British
   white
   female children
   holiday residences
   bedrooms
   Algarve
   overnight with parents present
   bed
   not abducted by intruder

how does Maddie link in with the above?

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seek truth on 23.04.14 16:59

Andrew77R wrote: Why have Sky news got this picture on the breaking news article....

Police are still keen to trace a man seen near Madeleine's appartment
Why? Well maybe because the mccanns still have that image on their website!! So the mccanns must be right!

Seek truth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 23.04.14 17:04

@diatribe wrote:I'd have thought there'd be more interest in Smellyman from Ralph Lauren than Scotland Yard, Cristobell, he'd be an ideal candidate to participate as a before man in one of their advertising campaigns.  big grin
 big grin 

The problem with Smellyman is he looks nothing like Smithman, who was clean shaven, with a neat haircut and trim physique, and who was also carrying a child who looked exactly like Madeleine - the revelation moment from last year's Crimewatch.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 23.04.14 17:06

@russiandoll wrote:Well, the reported cases seem to have links.
   British
   white
   female children
   holiday residences
   bedrooms
   Algarve
   overnight with parents present
   bed
   not abducted by intruder

how does Maddie link in with the above?
For such a slob, he is very discerning when it comes to his victims.  White, British girls on holiday.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 23.04.14 17:12

@Cristobell wrote:< snip >
The purpose of Operation Grange is a curiousity.  If they identify Smellyman by his dna, and he must have left it everywhere given his poor hygiene, they cannot extradite him to the UK and try him for a crime committed in Portugal!
From CPS legal guidance for your information, Cristobell:

"Generally, an offence will only be triable in the jurisdiction in which the offence takes place, unless there is a specific provision to ground jurisdiction, for instance where specific statutes enable the UK to exercise extra-territorial jurisdiction:

• sexual offences against children (section 72 of the Sexual Offences Act 2003) A new section 72 was substituted by the Criminal Justice and Immigration Act 2008 which came into effect from 14 July 2008 onwards. It is important to ensure that any prosecution is brought under the provision in force at the time the alleged conduct occured as the terms of the substantive provisions and details of the offences they cover are not identical;
  • murder and manslaughter (subsection 9 and 10 of the Offences Against the Person Act 1861)
  • fraud (the 2006 Act imposes extra territorial jurisdiction in respect od offences in subsection. 1, 6, 7, 9 and 11 of the Fraud Act 2006) and dishonesty (Criminal Justice Act 1993 Part 1 still applies to the remaining unrepealed sections of the Theft Act 1968);
  • terrorism (subsection 59, 62-63 of the Terrorism Act 2000 and section 17 of the Terrorism Act 2006);
  • bribery (The Bribery Act 2010 repeals the common law and the statutory offences of corruption for offences committed wholly on or after 1 July 2011. For those offences the Bribery Act imposes extra-territorial jurisdiction. Section 109 of the Anti-Terrorism and Security Act 2001 still applies to provide extre-territorial jurisdiction in respect of offences committed wholly or partially before 1 July 2011."

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SixMillionQuid on 23.04.14 17:13

@Seek truth wrote:
Andrew77R wrote: Why have Sky news got this picture on the breaking news article....

Police are still keen to trace a man seen near Madeleine's appartment
Why? Well maybe because the mccanns still have that image on their website!! So the mccanns must be right!

Then who is this?

"It is my belief that Scotland Yard was set out on a mission, not one to find out what happened to Madeleine McCann but to rewrite the history of the case in such a way that the majority of the public simply forgets the past." - The Pat Brown Criminal Profiling Agency

SixMillionQuid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 23.04.14 17:41

Then who is this?[/quote]

One of Andy's 'elite' Maddie Cops?

Pity he 'forgot' to be photographed actually 'carrying' the 'abducted' (or any) child.

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by diatribe on 23.04.14 17:46

From the position of the hands, it looks like one of them thar goddamned asylum seekers.

diatribe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE on 23.04.14 18:08

PJ Reject SY investigation in PT.

NickE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 23.04.14 18:09

What this 'breaking news' does is to create a space for the McCanns to mark the seventh anniversary of Madeleine's disappearance, her forthcoming birthday and to update their website with a message. The media will get a few good pages out of that and the general public who aren't particularly au fait with any details will feel sympathy, despise the bungling PJ and possibly avoid holidaying in Portugal as 'it's full of paedophiles who target British children'.

This 'breaking news' tells nothing of any progress in the investigation into Madeleine's disappearance but it sort of says that Scotland Yard are working really hard and being hindered by the bad Portuguese so have no fear, your millions of pounds are being well spent.

That's about all that's needed at this stage of the whitewash. Just my opinion of course.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum