The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Breaking Sky news - Brit police to go to portugal next week to help portuguese with investigations

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Breaking Sky news - Brit police to go to portugal next week to help portuguese with investigations

Post by Sceptic on 23.04.14 11:46

Just been on now

Sceptic

Posts : 155
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking Sky news - Brit police to go to portugal next week to help portuguese with investigations

Post by Guest on 23.04.14 11:49

@Sceptic wrote:Just been on now
Was mentioned earlier on another thread Sceptic.

All a load of bollox as per.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking Sky news - Brit police to go to portugal next week to help portuguese with investigations

Post by Sceptic on 23.04.14 11:50

sorry did not realise

Sceptic

Posts : 155
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking Sky news - Brit police to go to portugal next week to help portuguese with investigations

Post by Guest on 23.04.14 11:55

@Sceptic wrote:sorry did not realise
No need to apologise.

Probably deserves a new thread so can keep updated with all the absolute tosh that will be coming from the MSM.

Expect lots more over the next 2 weeks.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking Sky news - Brit police to go to portugal next week to help portuguese with investigations

Post by russiandoll on 23.04.14 12:00

Not just from the media, the update is on the Met web site.

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking Sky news - Brit police to go to portugal next week to help portuguese with investigations

Post by margaret on 23.04.14 12:03

Andrew77R wrote:
@Sceptic wrote:Just been on now
Was mentioned earlier on another thread Sceptic.

All a load of bollox as per.

What's bollux? If the met are helping Portugal with their enquiries, well we know where Portugals investigation pointed.

I'll stay hopeful until the met show their results.

margaret

Posts : 585
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking Sky news - Brit police to go to portugal next week to help portuguese with investigations

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 23.04.14 12:06

I was certain an announcement like this was coming after Mitchell's latest bit of spin this weekend.

And my opinion is that this announcement deserves its own thread, no need to merge threads.

ETA - just noticed the 'Operation Grange Update' thread. Perhaps we should use that one, but its title needs to elaborate further.

whatliesbehindthesofa

Posts : 1320
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-11-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking Sky news - Brit police to go to portugal next week to help portuguese with investigations

Post by Guest on 23.04.14 12:07

@russiandoll wrote:Not just from the media, the update is on the Met web site.
Blimey - didn't realise it was on the Met web site.

Hopefully a smokescreen then while they start investigating and arresting people a lot closer to home!!!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking Sky news - Brit police to go to portugal next week to help portuguese with investigations

Post by Guest on 23.04.14 12:09

@margaret wrote:
Andrew77R wrote:
@Sceptic wrote:Just been on now
Was mentioned earlier on another thread Sceptic.

All a load of bollox as per.

What's bollux? If the met are helping Portugal with their enquiries, well we know where Portugals investigation pointed.

I'll stay hopeful until the met show their results.
Will try and share your optimism Margaret.

Really want to.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking Sky news - Brit police to go to portugal next week to help portuguese with investigations

Post by Tony Bennett on 23.04.14 12:11

@margaret wrote:
What's bollux? If the met are helping Portugal with their enquiries, well we know where Portugals investigation pointed.

I'll stay hopeful until the Met show their results.
maragaret, Good morning. I am sorry to say this, but your optimism about Operation Grange reminded me of Oscar Wilde's observation on marriage:

"Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience.”

I don't see even a smidgeon of actual evidence for your hope - but a mountain of evidence the other way...

____________________

                            "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13969
Reputation : 2143
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking Sky news - Brit police to go to portugal next week to help portuguese with investigations

Post by margaret on 23.04.14 12:14

Andrew77R wrote:
@margaret wrote:
Andrew77R wrote:
@Sceptic wrote:Just been on now
Was mentioned earlier on another thread Sceptic.

All a load of bollox as per.

What's bollux? If the met are helping Portugal with their enquiries, well we know where Portugals investigation pointed.

I'll stay hopeful until the met show their results.
Will try and share your optimism Margaret.

Really want to.

I know what you mean.  sad

Interesting though that it's coming out as 3rd may approaches.

margaret

Posts : 585
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking Sky news - Brit police to go to portugal next week to help portuguese with investigations

Post by margaret on 23.04.14 12:16

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@margaret wrote:
What's bollux? If the met are helping Portugal with their enquiries, well we know where Portugals investigation pointed.

I'll stay hopeful until the Met show their results.
maragaret, Good morning. I am sorry to say this, but your optimism about Operation Grange reminded me of Oscar Wilde's observation on marriage:

"Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience.”

I don't see even a smidgeon of actual evidence for your hope - but a mountain of evidence the other way...

I know what you mean but l can't see SY wasting millions of £s and coming up with a whitewash. The cadaver alerts, the lack of maddies DNA or one credible lead won't go away.

As l said l remain hopeful until the end.

margaret

Posts : 585
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking Sky news - Brit police to go to portugal next week to help portuguese with investigations

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 23.04.14 12:19

@margaret wrote:
I know what you mean but l can't see SY wasting millions of £s and coming up with a whitewash. The cadaver alerts, the lack of maddies DNA or one credible lead won't go away.

As l said l remain hopeful until the end.

I agree with you margaret, however much some people would like to cast aspersions on our 'intelligence' or 'experience'.

whatliesbehindthesofa

Posts : 1320
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-11-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking Sky news - Brit police to go to portugal next week to help portuguese with investigations

Post by russiandoll on 23.04.14 12:20

Sky ticker saying that there were 5 cases of sexual assault around the time Madeleine went missing.

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking Sky news - Brit police to go to portugal next week to help portuguese with investigations

Post by Guest on 23.04.14 12:26

Why have Sky news got this picture on the breaking news article....


Police are still keen to trace a man seen near Madeleine's appartment

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking Sky news - Brit police to go to portugal next week to help portuguese with investigations

Post by SixMillionQuid on 23.04.14 12:28

@margaret wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:
@margaret wrote:
What's bollux? If the met are helping Portugal with their enquiries, well we know where Portugals investigation pointed.

I'll stay hopeful until the Met show their results.
maragaret, Good morning. I am sorry to say this, but your optimism about Operation Grange reminded me of Oscar Wilde's observation on marriage:

"Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience.”

I don't see even a smidgeon of actual evidence for your hope - but a mountain of evidence the other way...

I know what you mean but l can't see SY wasting millions of £s and coming up with a whitewash.
The cadaver alerts, the lack of maddies DNA or one credible lead won't go away.

As l said l remain hopeful until the end.
I'm curious to know what some people are expecting from this latest trip. Arrests?

If you don't believe public money is being flushed down to loo to purely to protect some people's image then by rights you must be expecting arrests to take place as a result of this visit carefully timed ahead of the 3rd May.

____________________
"It is my belief that Scotland Yard was set out on a mission, not one to find out what happened to Madeleine McCann but to rewrite the history of the case in such a way that the majority of the public simply forgets the past." - The Pat Brown Criminal Profiling Agency

SixMillionQuid

Posts : 436
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2013-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking Sky news - Brit police to go to portugal next week to help portuguese with investigations

Post by SixMillionQuid on 23.04.14 12:30

Andrew77R wrote:Why have Sky news got this picture on the breaking news article....


Police are still keen to trace a man seen near Madeleine's appartment
So the McCann's won that battle with SY?

The guy that was traced by Operation Grange as the man above, is not him? So we have two look alikes both carrying children wearing the same clothes walking around the McCann's apartment? And this excludes Smithman. Really?

____________________
"It is my belief that Scotland Yard was set out on a mission, not one to find out what happened to Madeleine McCann but to rewrite the history of the case in such a way that the majority of the public simply forgets the past." - The Pat Brown Criminal Profiling Agency

SixMillionQuid

Posts : 436
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2013-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking Sky news - Brit police to go to portugal next week to help portuguese with investigations

Post by Tony Bennett on 23.04.14 12:54

@margaret wrote:
I know what you mean but l can't see SY wasting millions of £s and coming up with a whitewash.
* Operation Countryman

* Brinks Mat cover-up

* Operation Jackpot (corruption at Stoke Newington Police Station)

* Murder of Jean Charles de Menezes 21.7.2005

* Cover-up of 2002 Operation Tiberius internal reprot on widespread corruption in the Met (stories in the Independent this year, see separae thread on this forum)

* Five corrupt reviews spanning nearly 3 decades into the Daniel Morgan case (murdered in 1987, see also threads on this forum)

* Cover-up of serious corruption at Catford Police Station, south London

* 'Untouchables' pseudo-investigation into corruption in Rigg Approach Flying Squad

* Stephen Lawrence cover-up of corrupt relations between one of the murderer's father (a senior Met officer) and local 'drugs lords'

* John Wilson beating cover-up 1996-2002


We are not talking of millions pf £s spent in high-level Met Police cover-ups here, we are talking tens or even hundreds of millions of pounds of taxpayers' money being poured into senior Met police officers covering up their own incompetence and corruption.

And I've not even mentioned a series of provincial cover-ups, like Hillsborough...

____________________

                            "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13969
Reputation : 2143
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking Sky news - Brit police to go to portugal next week to help portuguese with investigations

Post by Tony Bennett on 23.04.14 13:00

@whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:
I agree with you margaret, however much some people would like to cast aspersions on our 'intelligence' or 'experience'.
Fascinating comment from you, as always, WLBTS.

It is only belief and hope that sustains those who hope Operation Grange is genuine.

If we speak in terms of actual evidence that it is genuine, what is there? Nothing.

In fact there are shedloads of evidence that it is not genuine.  

Unless you, maybe, with the aid of your 'intelligence' and 'experience', can point me to ANY actual EVIDENCE that this is a genuine review.

If you have such actual evidence, I would genuinely be delighted if you could carefully lay out all that actual evidence for us all to see...

____________________

                            "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13969
Reputation : 2143
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking Sky news - Brit police to go to portugal next week to help portuguese with investigations

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 23.04.14 13:00

@Tony Bennett wrote:
* Operation Countryman

* Brinks Mat cover-up

* Operation Jackpot (corruption at Stoke Newington Police Station)

* Murder of Jean Charles de Menezes 21.7.2005

* Cover-up of 2002 Operation Tiberius internal reprot on widespread corruption in the Met (stories in the Independent this year, see separae thread on this forum)

* Five corrupt reviews spanning nearly 3 decades into the Daniel Morgan case (murdered in 1987, see also threads on this forum)

* Cover-up of serious corruption at Catford Police Station, south London

* 'Untouchables' pseudo-investigation into corruption in Rigg Approach Flying Squad

* Stephen Lawrence cover-up of corrupt relations between one of the murderer's father (a senior Met officer) and local 'drugs lords'

* John Wilson beating cover-up 1996-2002


We are not talking of millions pf £s spent in high-level Met Police cover-ups here, we are talking tens or even hundreds of millions of pounds of taxpayers' money being poured into senior Met police officers covering up their own incompetence and corruption.

And I've not even mentioned a series of provincial cover-ups, like Hillsborough...

For the sake of balance could we have a list of all the investigations that weren't cover-ups?

whatliesbehindthesofa

Posts : 1320
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-11-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking Sky news - Brit police to go to portugal next week to help portuguese with investigations

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 23.04.14 13:05

@Tony Bennett wrote:
Fascinating comment from you, as always, WLBTS.

It is only belief and hope that sustains those who hope Operation Grange is genuine.

If we speak in terms of actual evidence that it is genuine, what is there? Nothing.

In fact there are shedloads of evidence that it is not genuine.  

Unless you, maybe, with the aid of your 'intelligence' and 'experience', can point me to ANY actual EVIDENCE that this is a genuine review.

If you have such actual evidence, I would genuinely be delighted if you could carefully lay out all that actual evidence for us all to see...

Fascinating bit of passive aggressiveness from you, as always, Tony.  Why do you use the word 'fascinating' by the way?  The word means that you have a great interest in me and my posts.  Why the great interest in me?

It is only belief and hope that sustains those who are certain that Operation Grange is a whitewash.

You've provided no evidence to back up your case. You say 'shedloads', when you really mean 'none'.

'You first', Tony.

Believe it or not, people have different opinions from your good self on many different subjects.  If you don't like them, just ignore them.  You'll be happier in the long term.

whatliesbehindthesofa

Posts : 1320
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-11-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking Sky news - Brit police to go to portugal next week to help portuguese with investigations

Post by Tony Bennett on 23.04.14 13:10

@whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:
For the sake of balance could we have a list of all the investigations that weren't cover-ups?
It's got nothing to do with 'balance', WLBTS'.

margaret made the point that she simply could not believe that Scotland Yard was capable of wasting millions of £s on a whitewash/cover-up.

I have just, from the top of my head, given a list of 10 Scotland Yard cover-up/whitewash operations, each of which have cost over £1 million and some of which cost tens of millions.

I have comprehensively answered margaret's point with my 10 specific documented examples.

It doesn't really matter, does it, if there is 1, are there are 10 or 100 cases of Scotland Yard doing genuine investigations?

Nothing takes away my point that Scotland Yard has proved fully capable, on many occasions where the powers-that-be need it, of carrying out a total, expensive whitewash, burying uncomfortable truths about the establishment and themselves.

____________________

                            "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13969
Reputation : 2143
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking Sky news - Brit police to go to portugal next week to help portuguese with investigations

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 23.04.14 13:13

@Tony Bennett wrote:
It doesn't really matter, does it, if there is 1, are there are 10 or 100 cases of Scotland Yard doing genuine investigations?

Nothing takes away my point that Scotland Yard has proved fully capable, on many occasions where the powers-that-be need it, of carrying out a total, expensive whitewash, burying uncomfortable truths about the establishment and themselves.

All that matters to me is whether Operation Grange is a cover-up or whitewash. If you have evidence that it is, please do let me know.

whatliesbehindthesofa

Posts : 1320
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-11-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking Sky news - Brit police to go to portugal next week to help portuguese with investigations

Post by Tony Bennett on 23.04.14 13:14

@whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:
Fascinating bit of passive aggressiveness from you, as always, Tony.  Why do you use the word 'fascinating' by the way?  The word means that you have a great interest in me and my posts.  Why the great interest in me?

For me to know, and for you to find out.

It is only belief and hope that sustains those who are certain that Operation Grange is a whitewash.

You've provided no evidence to back up your case.  You say 'shedloads', when you really mean 'none'.

'You first', Tony.

I refer to every post about Operation Grange that I have made on this forum over the past 3 years - hundreds. That is where you will find evidence that Grange is not genuine. Look those up, then please produce any evidence you can that Grange is a genuine, honest-to-God, no-holds-barred search for truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth 

____________________

                            "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13969
Reputation : 2143
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking Sky news - Brit police to go to portugal next week to help portuguese with investigations

Post by AndyB on 23.04.14 13:15

@Tony Bennett wrote:Nothing takes away my point that Scotland Yard has proved fully capable, on many occasions where the powers-that-be need it, of carrying out a total, expensive whitewash, burying uncomfortable truths about the establishment and themselves.
Which raises a rather interesting question: If SY are engaged in a cover-up with the Madeleine McCann case, what are the uncomfortable truths about the establishment or themselves that they wish to bury?

AndyB

Posts : 692
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-06-03
Age : 53
Location : Consett, County Durham

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum