The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Missing girl in Australia

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Missing girl in Australia

Post by russiandoll on 11.04.14 0:57

updated photo



        

  and from Chelsea Hoffman

 
Chloe Campbell is the focus of a high profile search that has gripped media headlines on an international level. Of course, that's likely because of the inane comparisons being drawn between her case and the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. Chloe is a three-year-old child who was just recently reported missing by her family after they woke up to find her missing from her bed. The Australian child does bear somewhat of a resemblance to the long-missing British tot, but that resemblance is shared by every blonde-haired, blue-eyed child on the planet.

Does this mean British tabloids are going to publicly huff-and-puff every time a blond girl goes missing? Madeleine McCann has become fodder for media sensationalism. This currently missing child likely doesn't have a thing to do with Maddie's case -- especially since it's across the planet on a different continent. The only thing that would make these comparisons any more pathetic would be if SY officials decided to "investigate" those imaginary connections. Anything to avoid looking at the two most suspicious people in the case, right?

Hopefuly Chloe Campbell wasn't abducted by a stranger, but it is something that does in fact happen. Nonetheless, most children "abduction" (i.e., disappearances) are committed by family members and/or acquaintances. Have faith in investigators in Australia. They'll figure this out.

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing girl in Australia

Post by Okeydokey on 11.04.14 1:36

@rainbow-fairy wrote:Looking at this again, I find this odd

"I hope someone that's taken her is looking after her" - I've not studied SA as much Hobs, but I would expect here "I hope whoever has taken her is looking after her" 'whoever' being unknown... 'Someone' seems a much closer, personal word possibly indicating knowledge. If one of my kids has been at my things "Hmmm, someone has been at my chocolate" means know EXACTLY who has, and they know it too! 
May be reading too much into it though.

I don't think you're reading too much in. This seems a good point of observation. But I think with this sort of speech analysis, it's the number  of abnormal instances  (as with the McCanns) that is the important thing. One isolated example could just be "natural variation".

I think this case is ringing all sorts of alarm bells for me.  We can only await developments.

Okeydokey

Posts : 919
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2013-10-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing girl in Australia

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 11.04.14 2:05

@Okeydokey wrote:
@rainbow-fairy wrote:Looking at this again, I find this odd

"I hope someone that's taken her is looking after her" - I've not studied SA as much Hobs, but I would expect here "I hope whoever has taken her is looking after her" 'whoever' being unknown... 'Someone' seems a much closer, personal word possibly indicating knowledge. If one of my kids has been at my things "Hmmm, someone has been at my chocolate" means know EXACTLY who has, and they know it too! 
May be reading too much into it though.

I don't think you're reading too much in. This seems a good point of observation. But I think with this sort of speech analysis, it's the number  of abnormal instances  (as with the McCanns) that is the important thing. One isolated example could just be "natural variation".

I think this case is ringing all sorts of alarm bells for me.  We can only await developments.

You also have to take into account regional dialects, and that a lot of people don't speak with perfect grammar. I know many people who might say 'someone that's taken her' instead of 'whoever has taken her'. Where I come from, speaking with perfect grammar marks a person who is strange and to be shunned ;-)

whatliesbehindthesofa

Posts : 1320
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-11-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing girl in Australia

Post by jeanmonroe on 11.04.14 2:40

Do they have Pizzerias in Oz?

Andy and the 'groovy gang' getting 'bored', after 26 'visits' to Portugal.

A change is as good as arrest.

Maybe he'll get lucky with 'abductor' VB 'lookalikey' (still waiting, after seven long years, for someone to deliver 'her new daughter')

(a woman aged in her 30s with an Australian or New Zealand accent reportedly asked a British businessman at the marina if he was there to "deliver my new daughter".)

Maybe he'll get lucky with interviewing the widow and daughter of Australian property tycoon Bill Wyllie amid claims their yacht might be involved in the British girl's disappearance.

Or maybe not!
------------------------------------------------
Good try ...but he dosen't win a cuddly cat toy!

"don't hurt her, she's tiny," he told reporters.

the original (KM) soundtrack goes, "Don't hurt her, she's lovely".

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5129
Reputation : 884
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Interesting reporting

Post by PeterMac on 11.04.14 7:57

Interesting choice of words and expressions (even though it is Oz, rather than Standard English)
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-04-11/search-fails-to-find-any-sign-of-missing-girl-chloe-campbell/5382574?
Police have not ruled out an abduction and have established a crime scene around the family's high-set house.

A police forensics team is examining the family home and has taken items for examination.

"There has been some things identified at the scene. I'm not fully privy to what they were but they will be subject to analysis," Police Inspector Kevin Guteridge said.
. . .
About six family friends have also been interviewed this morning and police say more will be questioned this afternoon.

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing girl in Australia

Post by Seek truth on 11.04.14 7:59

For the cuddly toy to be taken too, was she sleeping with it?
Or did the abductor walk around looking for it to take?

The sleeping bag gone, she must have been in it.
Wish the parents would explain.
Let's hope we find out about finger prints soon.

Hey there's no way anyone will critiscise the Australian police!

Seek truth

Posts : 447
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-06-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing girl in Australia

Post by Guest on 11.04.14 8:34

Not clear on this. The Australian press say that the Mother has appealed re Chloe. But if she has, where is the recording of that? And why is the Dad filmed on his own talking about the incident? Why aren't they appealing together on camera? Anyone got any footage of the mother?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Missing girl in Australia

Post by russiandoll on 11.04.14 8:47

Chloe's mother

 

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing girl in Australia

Post by Guest on 11.04.14 8:53

Thanks Russiandoll.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Missing girl in Australia

Post by AuldWan on 11.04.14 9:10

There are many bits and pieces filtering out with regards to this story.  It appears that Chloe's mum, granny and one of Chloe's sisters are giving statements to the police.

One report has, that there were other adults at the property that day, drinking.

AuldWan

Posts : 6
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-25
Location : Perth WA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing girl in Australia

Post by Landdownunder on 11.04.14 9:12

Just tried to post but must have made a mistake. I'm also wondering where the video of the mother appealing is. I saw a news report on TV here in Australia showing her in the distance with some friends/relatives, she was holding a small looking baby who is Chloe's little brother Max. This baby brother wasn't mentioned in the earlier reports as far as I saw.  I will post the clip if I find it online.

The TV reports here in Australia haven't mentioned Madeleine as far as I've seen, but the newspaper reports mention that foreign media is drawing comparisons. So no 'Maddie Shock' here.  Instead they are drawing comparisons with the murder of Trinity Bates which occurred a couple of years back in a town nearby to where Chloe has gone missing. Trinity Bates was 8 years old when she was abducted at night & murdered by a family friend (who has now been jailed). So if any kind of 'script' is being followed here, I'm sure Chloe's parents are very familiar with the Trinity Bates case.

I am assuming that baby Max sleeps in his parents room, but I am wondering how the parents managed to stay up tip 1am watching TV when they needed to be up and about with 4 kids in the morning. I'd understand if they were up settling a young baby until 1am, but this isn't what they said.

It is school holidays in Queensland at the moment, which makes the change sleeping routine and all the girls 'camping out' in the lounge room a bit more believable. 

There have been differing reports regarding what the little girl was wearing. Also I have seen the alleged mark on the car roof referred to as 'toe prints' and also 'a single footprint'. Mmmmm. There are also reports that a neighbour saw 'someone' hanging around outside the house that night.

Let's hope she's found safe and well.

Landdownunder

Posts : 3
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing girl in Australia

Post by Nereid on 11.04.14 9:45

The mother's name is Tammy O'Donnell. She posted this on her facebook 15 hours ago: "Still nothin 2 report pls bring her home or just put her safe in some place she will b found."

So many alarm bells about this story, but let's hope little Chloe will be found safe and well.

Nereid

Posts : 308
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-05-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing girl in Australia

Post by aiyoyo on 11.04.14 10:06

Disappear outside look for abductor.
Disappear indoor look at family.

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing girl in Australia

Post by Guest on 11.04.14 10:12

Fingers crossed for this little girl.
I only realised there was a little brother too after seeing a picture of him on their mothers Facebook,at 6 weeks old or so in a baby walker.

Have they brought in the dogs yet?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Missing girl in Australia

Post by Nereid on 11.04.14 10:38

MILLIE wrote:Not clear on this. The Australian press say that the Mother has appealed re Chloe. But if she has, where is the recording of that? And why is the Dad filmed on his own talking about the incident? Why aren't they appealing together on camera? Anyone got any footage of the mother?

Here's the mother pleading for her daughter's safe return.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dFA_AFlq2o

Nereid

Posts : 308
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-05-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing girl in Australia

Post by tasprin on 11.04.14 10:41

Thanks Nereid


tasprin

Posts : 834
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-01-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing girl in Australia

Post by aiyoyo on 11.04.14 10:56

She looks genuinely devastated....

I imagine Police would be busy interviewing all their friends concurrent with the search...

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing girl in Australia

Post by suzyjohnson on 11.04.14 10:57

Thanks landdownunder for the additional info

____________________


suzyjohnson

Posts : 1004
Reputation : 132
Join date : 2013-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing girl in Australia

Post by ChippyM on 11.04.14 11:27

I'm still perplexed by the father's statements that it has to be someone he knew, '``They knew she was sleeping in front of the TV,’’ 


if people are in your house enough to know your daughter was sleeping in front of the TV, wouldn't you know them well enough to judge if they are a potential child predator?   On the other hand if you are letting any old drifter into your house to drink amongst your kids, what kind of parent must you be?  At least one person who was drinking in the house has been interviewed, who were the others? Did the parents even know them? Where the parents drinking or worse with these people too?

 I know some people may find this prematurely judgmental but I am getting the feeling these people are not exactly model parents.

ChippyM

Posts : 910
Reputation : 129
Join date : 2013-06-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing girl in Australia

Post by suzyjohnson on 11.04.14 11:40

@ChippyM wrote:I'm still perplexed by the father's statements that it has to be someone he knew, '``They knew she was sleeping in front of the TV,’’ 


if people are in your house enough to know your daughter was sleeping in front of the TV ......... 

....... that would mean that there must only be a handful of potential suspects at most.

And, coincidently, on that night only, the window wasn't shut properly

____________________


suzyjohnson

Posts : 1004
Reputation : 132
Join date : 2013-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing girl in Australia

Post by ultimaThule on 11.04.14 12:18

@Nereid wrote:
MILLIE wrote:Not clear on this. The Australian press say that the Mother has appealed re Chloe. But if she has, where is the recording of that? And why is the Dad filmed on his own talking about the incident? Why aren't they appealing together on camera? Anyone got any footage of the mother?

Here's the mother pleading for her daughter's safe return.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dFA_AFlq2o
'Not sleeping, not eating, just worrying' .... and facebooking. 

I'm sorry to say I'm not convinced by either of the parents and can only hope against hope that this dear little girl has come to no harm

ultimaThule

Posts : 3355
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-09-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing girl in Australia

Post by sofieellis on 11.04.14 12:33

From the Daily Mail article:

'It's a total mystery,' said Kevin Savage, who lives five doors up from the Campbells and on the edge of a 24-hour roadblock set up by local police.
All I can think of is that it's a stranger. But it's a household with a few problems, there are parties there often and not on the good end of the scale.
But you always see them out and about, always together, the dad is very sociable.
There's a fair few domestics that go on,' he added.

Read more: 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2602207


sofieellis

Posts : 184
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing girl in Australia

Post by ChippyM on 11.04.14 12:55

@suzyjohnson wrote:
@ChippyM wrote:I'm still perplexed by the father's statements that it has to be someone he knew, '``They knew she was sleeping in front of the TV,’’ 


if people are in your house enough to know your daughter was sleeping in front of the TV ......... 

....... that would mean that there must only be a handful of potential suspects at most.

And, coincidently, on that night only, the window wasn't shut properly


Yep, I'm not buying this story.  Could someone really climb in and out of that window with a 3 year old in a sleeping bag and not wake the other two girls? Essentially the last people to see this kid were the parents.

ChippyM

Posts : 910
Reputation : 129
Join date : 2013-06-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing girl in Australia

Post by PeterMac on 11.04.14 13:06

@sofieellis wrote:From the Daily Mail article:

'It's a total mystery,' said Kevin Savage, who lives five doors up from the Campbells and on the edge of a 24-hour roadblock set up by local police.
All I can think of is that it's a stranger. But it's a household with a few problems, there are parties there often and not on the good end of the scale.
But you always see them out and about, always together, the dad is very sociable.

There's a fair few domestics that go on,' he added.

Read more: 
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2602207
And then contrast that with this
http://www.news-mail.com.au/news/frantic-search-find-missing-three-year-old-girl/2225921/
UPDATE 1.40PM FRIDAY: Childers mum Tammy O'Donnell has spoken of her pain as she pleads with anyone who has Chloe to have the "guts" to bring her home.
Speaking to Channel Seven in Childers, a tearful Ms O'Donnell said finding her daughter missing was like a bad dream.
"There's no way to describe it," she said.
"It's like a nightmare I can't wake up from."
Ms O'Donnell said the family mostly kept to themselves and stayed and home.
\
Hmmmmmm !

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Missing girl in Australia

Post by Watching on 11.04.14 14:19

@PeterMac wrote:
@sofieellis wrote:From the Daily Mail article:

'It's a total mystery,' said Kevin Savage, who lives five doors up from the Campbells and on the edge of a 24-hour roadblock set up by local police.
All I can think of is that it's a stranger. But it's a household with a few problems, there are parties there often and not on the good end of the scale.
But you always see them out and about, always together, the dad is very sociable.

There's a fair few domestics that go on,' he added.

Read more: 
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2602207
And then contrast that with this
http://www.news-mail.com.au/news/frantic-search-find-missing-three-year-old-girl/2225921/
UPDATE 1.40PM FRIDAY: Childers mum Tammy O'Donnell has spoken of her pain as she pleads with anyone who has Chloe to have the "guts" to bring her home.
Speaking to Channel Seven in Childers, a tearful Ms O'Donnell said finding her daughter missing was like a bad dream.
"There's no way to describe it," she said.
"It's like a nightmare I can't wake up from."
Ms O'Donnell said the family mostly kept to themselves and stayed and home.
\
Hmmmmmm !


And Mr & Mrs had a 'domestic' the night prior to Maddie's disappearance! Or so Mrs said, their first ever?

Watching

Posts : 289
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-02-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum