The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Peaches Geldof found dead, aged just 25

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Peaches Geldof found dead, aged just 25

Post by PeterMac on 08.04.14 18:06

@Watching wrote:It is tragic from the point that Peaches Geldof Cohen was a very young mum with extremely young children.  I don't consider her death more tragic than I would any other young mum, not in the public eye.   It reminds me of Princess Diana, she left two young sons, and for the children, as in this case I had the greatest sympathy.  Other than that in the case of Diana, I failed to understand the madness which swept the country.  I certainly do not feel compelled to leave a message of condolence.  That is a personal choice!

You say that with feeling, and obviously better than I have done, judging by some reactions to what I was trying to say..
She was a young mother who leaves two very young sons.
She was a wife who leaves a husband
She was a daughter who leaves a father
She leaves siblings.

But in what way is she public property, and in what way is her death something that is supposed to affect us all ?
The death of the Diana was totally different. She was the mother of the possible future King of England, and was therefore public property.
The deaths of great statesmen and women, of tireless campaigners for Peace, of notable Scientists and the rest fall into that category.

For most of the rest of us, our passing is a matter for the immediate family, and for no one else.
A small condolence card in the post is al that is required.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 08.04.14 19:34

@PeterMac wrote:
@Watching wrote:It is tragic from the point that Peaches Geldof Cohen was a very young mum with extremely young children.  I don't consider her death more tragic than I would any other young mum, not in the public eye.   It reminds me of Princess Diana, she left two young sons, and for the children, as in this case I had the greatest sympathy.  Other than that in the case of Diana, I failed to understand the madness which swept the country.  I certainly do not feel compelled to leave a message of condolence.  That is a personal choice!

You say that with feeling, and obviously better than I have done, judging by some reactions to what I was trying to say..
She was a young mother who leaves two very young sons.
She was a wife who leaves a husband
She was a daughter who leaves a father
She leaves siblings.

But in what way is she public property, and in what way is her death something that is supposed to affect us all ?
The death of the Diana was totally different. She was the mother of the possible future King of England, and was therefore public property.
The deaths of great statesmen and women, of tireless campaigners for Peace, of notable Scientists and the rest fall into that category.

For most of the rest of us, our passing is a matter for the immediate family, and for no one else.
A small condolence card in the post is al that is required.

Precisely!

Some posters pretense at outrage that some of us here feel it is not right to treat her as public property, or that her death should be regarded as any more worthy of mention and condolences from strangers over those few hundreds who died tragically in mysterious circumstance or over the daily death toll of other young people in the country is just bothering on cult worship of the rich and infamous.

The Press disgusting over the top interest in her tragic death is just to sell papers. All sorts are dug up and dragged onto the public domain, keeping the public informed of every nitty gritty detail of her life as if it is the public god damn rights right to know, instead of allowing her to rest in peace and in dignity, and instead of respecting her family's right to grieve in private and with dignity.

The sycophantic papers will continue to sensationalize her stories to boost circulations for weeks if not months ahead, and in the process all manners of fans and strangers will jump onto the gravy train tweeting tributes and becoming personal in their grief for a stranger.

Every untimely death is tragic and sad, that's a universal collective sentiment, nothing personal in it.
Her death does not affect me more than those who died an untimely death in an air crash or those whose life were taken prematurely from them by others.
I don't see the point in sending condolences to strangers either, not even to Diana or great scientists or great public figures because they are all strangers to me alike. The greats and heroes have my respect and deference, but their death won't affect me in any personalised way. At the end of the day a death is a very private thing and a very private affair for the family to grieve

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.04.14 20:00

Note to self: Do not start threads of this nature ever again.

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 08.04.14 21:53

Don't beat yourself up, Admin   roses  ... if you hadn't started this thread, someone else would have done  yes

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Christina on 09.04.14 4:26

Peaches, whilst not 'doing' anything, has been tracked in public since birth. Have the other deaths today had the same treatment?

Could the grotesque Sun find stock photos of all of the other tragic 'anonymous' cases from mother's arms to almost yesterday, like they did for her? And would a quarter of a million people be reported to have 'followed' them? Rightly or wrongly, the press go with the popular and the known. I know you all know this, so I should just shut it. 

Her death has been rightly reported. And it IS tragic, like all others, but we do know of her. We also know how much the media is manipulated thanks to the McCann case (or it taught me that at least, I was so ignorant of it). However, Peaches died when she died. 

And all the other stuff is still being reported, just not as excessively. 

I wish the red wine had kept me incapable of typing now!

Christina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Clocker on 09.04.14 11:08

PM wrote:  But in what way is she public property and in what way is her death something that is supposed to affect us all? 

It's not necessary to affect us all but it does touch many. I think it depends where our personal interests lie as to how the death of people in the public eye affects us individually. I quite liked The Boomtown Rats when i was younger, admired Geldof when he did what he did for Ethiopia, I'm about the age PY would have been had she lived, children are around about the same age as the Geldofs oldest child so I've always been able to relate to them age wise whenever they have been in the news. I've always been interested in how the girls were growing up, i think due to their sad past and Geldof doing it alone. Ive basically always felt Geldof was a good man, how he adopted his ex wife's child, that was an act of kindness and love whichever way you look at it so the fact his daughter has died, leaving 2 babies and history seeming to repeat itself, I find tragic.

On the other hand, when Tony Benn died there was a thread on here with certain people leaving positive condolences, personally I didn't know anything about him other than he was an MP. Same with Trigger, I never really watched F and H so again, not really interested but these peoples deaths had an affect and interest on others for their own reasons, enough for them to post a comment. Just my view PM.

Clocker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 09.04.14 11:41

I think a lot of young people did admire Geldoff for what he did in Ethiopia, since they did not fully understand the trail of long term problems it would bring.
The Aid agencies were horrified, and the situation there is now considerably worse than before he interfered.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by crystalclear on 09.04.14 12:01

For anyone interested,have a look at the David Icke forum,there is a thread on the todays news section that is an eye opener.It seems some dont think Saint Bob,as very saintly at all.

crystalclear

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Clocker on 09.04.14 12:04

@PeterMac wrote:I think a lot of young people did admire Geldoff for what he did in Ethiopia, since they did not fully understand the trail of long term problems it would bring.
The Aid agencies were horrified, and the situation there is now considerably worse than before he interfered.
I know, that is why I wrote 'when he did what he did' but I am sure his intentions were naively well meant at the time along with the millions of others who supported it.

Clocker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Clocker on 09.04.14 12:06

@crystalclear wrote:For anyone interested,have a look at the David Icke forum,there is a thread on the todays news section that is an eye opener.It seems some dont think Saint Bob,as very saintly at all.
If the only place to venture on the Internet was the David Icke forum I'd end my Internet contract immediately.

Clocker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snifferdog on 09.04.14 16:12

Peaches Geldorf was a member of Ordo Templi Orientis (OTO). This British based satanic cult is an offshoot from Britains leading 20th century Satanist Aleister Crowley.

According to Aangirfan Bob Geldorfs Live 8 benefit concert was used to pay off corporate credits of indebted countries.

"In effect the entire focus of the money generated by Live 8 was to provide direct assistance to corporations owed money by these
impovrished nations. Bob Geldorf is a friend of George Bush and Tony Blair." quoted from aangirfan blog.
http://aanirfan.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/peaches-geldoff-mind-control-satanism.html?m=1

Snifferdog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 09.04.14 17:22

@PeterMac wrote:I think a lot of young people did admire Geldoff for what he did in Ethiopia, since they did not fully understand the trail of long term problems it would bring.
Some 30 years ago one-hit wonders Geldof and Ure created the aptly named 'Band Aid' which served to put a temporary sticking plaster over one of the gaping wounds of the dark continent, since when it has continued to self-harm.  

A couple of years ago, together with many others, I sponsored one of the cyclists who pedalled from Cairo to Cape Town in order to raise money for piped water supplies to a handful of towns and villages.  

It occurred to me then, as it occurs to me now, that the trillions of £'s, $'s, roubles, etc, which have been poured into Africa, much of which can be found in the Swiss bank accounts of its various despots, is more than sufficient to have every home and shack connected to mains water and electricity and for free education and medical care to be available to its downtrodden populace.

Perhaps multi-millionaire Geldof and his very good pals can tell us when the poor of Africa will benefit from the world's largesse?

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 09.04.14 18:11

I would recommend "Dead Aid" by Dambisa Moyo, (and yes she IS a black African economist.)
The blurb on the back says
"Over the past fifty years $ 1 trillion of development aid has flowed from Western goverments to Africa, with rock stars and actors campaigning
for more.  But this has not helped Africa.  It has ruined it.
. . .
First we must destroy the myth that aid works - and make charity history".

All Geldoff did was ruin the existing markets for agricultural produce - (who is going to buy stuff in the market when they can get it free from the back of the lorry in the corner ?)
so farmers and their families go bankrupt, or just give up, and go to the cities to live in shanty towns on the outskirts.
In the years since Band aid the population of Ethiopia has more than doubled.

It is a similar argument to Welfare in the UK.
Who is going to bother working, or seeking work when there is Welfare and then on top of that you now don't even have to spend your welfare on food, because there is a free food bank, so you can buy the Plasma TV and the fags after all.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 09.04.14 19:37

And the money didn't end up going to the proper cause intended for.
Wasn't it reported the money went to arms/weapons purchase ?

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 09.04.14 19:43

It seems to me that the money raised by Band Aid lined a lot of pockets and went everywhere except to those starving adults and children we saw on our tv screens who motivated us to give generously to relieve their suffering, aiyoyo.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 09.04.14 19:49

@PeterMac wrote:I would recommend "Dead Aid" by Dambisa Moyo, (and yes she IS a black African economist.)
The blurb on the back says
"Over the past fifty years $ 1 trillion of development aid has flowed from Western goverments to Africa, with rock stars and actors campaigning
for more.  But this has not helped Africa.  It has ruined it.
. . .
First we must destroy the myth that aid works - and make charity history".

All Geldoff did was ruin the existing markets for agricultural produce - (who is going to buy stuff in the market when they can get it free from the back of the lorry in the corner ?)
so farmers and their families go bankrupt, or just give up, and go to the cities to live in shanty towns on the outskirts.
In the years since Band aid the population of Ethiopia has more than doubled.

It is a similar argument to Welfare in the UK.
Who is going to bother working, or seeking work when there is Welfare and then on top of that you now don't even have to spend your welfare on food, because there is a free food bank, so you can buy the Plasma TV and the fags after all.
'Make Charity History' - I like that slogan, PeterMac, and it immediately brought to mind one particular charity that is in urgent need of being relegated to the history books   smilie 

On your recommendation, I will buy 'Dead Aid' and I know it will be vastly more interesting than the tome penned by another writer which I'm currently re-reading out of duty to the cause.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 09.04.14 19:55

@Clocker wrote:PM wrote:  But in what way is she public property and in what way is her death something that is supposed to affect us all? 

It's not necessary to affect us all but it does touch many. I think it depends where our personal interests lie as to how the death of people in the public eye affects us individually. I quite liked The Boomtown Rats when i was younger, admired Geldof when he did what he did for Ethiopia, I'm about the age PY would have been had she lived, children are around about the same age as the Geldofs oldest child so I've always been able to relate to them age wise whenever they have been in the news. I've always been interested in how the girls were growing up, i think due to their sad past and Geldof doing it alone. Ive basically always felt Geldof was a good man, how he adopted his ex wife's child, that was an act of kindness and love whichever way you look at it so the fact his daughter has died, leaving 2 babies and history seeming to repeat itself, I find tragic.

On the other hand, when Tony Benn died there was a thread on here with certain people leaving positive condolences, personally I didn't know anything about him other than he was an MP. Same with Trigger, I never really watched F and H so again, not really interested but these peoples deaths had an affect and interest on others for their own reasons, enough for them to post a comment. Just my view PM.

Not sure whether his insistence on adopting TIger Lily is act of kindness or spite against Michael Hutchene.
He went against the wishes of Hutchene's family who wanted Tiger Lily to be returned to them, denying them visitation right, never allowed her to go to her grandma Hutchene's funeral.  Had her name changed to Geldof against the wishes to Hutchene's family.  

It's not known whether Bob was there there for Peaches?  Was he just an absent father?
Peaches was a avid tweeter but never mentioned her dad.
It was reported Peaches died while home alone, her hushand and two children having gone to his mum.
Police spent time combing over her place. Activity of Police seen going in and out of her garden shed carrying bags and bags of stuff packed in bin liners. That seems odd to me.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bristow on 09.04.14 20:39

I'm sure if we explored our family trees, we would find a  few names that will make us smile and give us an insight into the characters of our forebears. 
Cristobel

I have just found a Violet Snowdrop Snow and a Lucy Lusty in my family tree. :)

So very sad when two babies are left Motherless and a child dies before a parent.

bristow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by littlepixie on 09.04.14 21:38

I don't know Bob Geldof but from what I have read he made his estranged wifes life a misery out of spite when she left him. He manipulated things to ruin her career and leave her and the children with nothing at one point. She had £14 in her Bank account when she died.
I am not condoning what she did, she put her children at risk having drugs in the house but she was a good mother and very clean living before it all went wrong.
Geldof had met someone else but couldn't help messing with his ex-wife and new partners minds and they both ended up dead.
For social services to then place Tiger Lily Hutchence with Bob Geldof and his new girlfriend was in my opinion a terrible risk!  I can only believe they were blinded by his celebrity and money. Tiger looks happy on the few pictures I have seen but no one can say what her childhood was like, only her.

Michal Hutchence once said that Geldof "had been taken beyond human to sainthood and if you left him that leaves one choice. You are bad, you are wrong, it's as simple as that".

littlepixie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 09.04.14 22:43

While it would seem entirely understandable that Tiger Lily should stay with her maternal half-siblings in the immediate aftermath of her mother's death, I've never understood why her paternal family weren't allowed more contact with her with a view to her perhaps being educated in Australia and returning the UK for holidays, or vice-versa, little pixie

It's well known that Geldof is far from being the saint some would have us believe and it's also common knowledge that, after Paula's death, he accomodated his own children and their maternal half-siblling in an entirely separate and self-contained apartment staffed by nannies and other domestic help in the same apartment block in which he lives on an upper floor with his French girlfriend when he's in London.  

It seems the post-mortem which was carried out today proved inconclusive and Peaches' husband and family must now wait some weeks for toxicology reports to learn whether a cause of death can be established.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by littlepixie on 09.04.14 23:44

I think the eldest sibling Fifi was 17 when their mother died so not old enough to legally take on her half-sister. I think it highly unusual that the child was made a ward of court and placed with someone who wasn't a blood relative and who had been in conflict with the mother (and deceased father) over a long period of time. The mother had even at one time blamed her ex husband for contributing to the child's fathers death iirc.
There was a possibility the child could have been at serious risk being placed with the mothers disgruntled ex husband.
There are many full siblings placed in separate homes by the courts but allowed regular contact so I still wonder why she was placed with Geldof.

littlepixie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Clocker on 10.04.14 0:07

Wow, it seems at least four members of this forum took Crystalclears' advise and went over to the David Icke forum to read the latest thread on slating Bob Geldof and then came and relayed it here. Why would you want to? It was only me, myself and I who wrote the opinion of him being a good man yet several felt the need to be detogatory regarding everything he's ever done in his life. Well, if it made you feel better by getting it off your chests then I soppose something good came out of it. 

I think PM you need to do some further research on the food banks though, you're certainly not up to speed on how they operate. You should try giving a days food to feed a family of four, it equates to just a few pounds and when you're financially comfortable it hardly breaks the bank and boosts your self esteem knowing you've helped someone less fortunate than yourself. Even better, bob down to a centre and meet some of the grateful recipients, they won't all have plasmas. You can't already be doing anything for charity as your motto today is to 'make charity history'. You might give plenty of your time fighting justice for MM, won't knock you for that, but I'm afraid that's the only positive view I've formed of you.

Clocker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 10.04.14 10:02

@Clocker wrote: You can't already be doing anything for charity as your motto today is to 'make charity history'.

If you say so !

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sar on 10.04.14 11:25

Re: charity to foreign countries

some time ago I did a "fag packet" calculation and by my reckoning the figure given in aid to Haiti could be divided by the population giving every man woman and child approx $20,000USD  I understand "that's not how it works" but cannot get over why there seems to be very little accountability for charities.

sar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 10.04.14 13:29

@sar wrote:Re: charity to foreign countries
some time ago I did a "fag packet" calculation and by my reckoning the figure given in aid to Haiti could be divided by the population giving every man woman and child approx $20,000USD  I understand "that's not how it works" but cannot get over why there seems to be very little accountability for charities.

I really would recommend "Dead Aid" by Dambisa Moyo.
She is scathing about the way the Western World dishes out its Aid, and thereby keeps Africa in particular in a permanent state of childlike dependancy.
Whether this is actually the aim of the Western World is of course another issue.

Her calculation is that Africa has received, over the last 50 years, the equivalent of $ 1,000 for every person on the planet, and has nothing to show for it.
And since she is African, she is allowed to address the questions about whether black people - as a population, not individually - are intellectually different, and therefore unable to drag themselves out of their mess. She brings in Jareth Diamond's work, and does not think too much of it - as I do not - since it simply provides a convenient excuse.
She also addresses colonialism, and shows how in itself it was not the cause of the present intractable problems.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum