The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Peaches Geldof found dead, aged just 25

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Peaches Geldof found dead, aged just 25

Post by PeterMac on 08.04.14 10:41

@HelenMeg wrote:I think the parents should try and give them a more grounded life.

One of the things they could do to help their children right from the start is to give them more normal names. Giving a child a stupid name is an act of vanity and selfishness on the part of the parent.
A way of drawing attention to the parent and the child; making it into an "IT" commodity from its earliest days.

Politicians understand this. Hence Gideon's translation into George.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 08.04.14 10:46

@PeterMac wrote:
@HelenMeg wrote:I think the parents should try and give them a more grounded life.

One of the things they could do to help their children right from the start is to give them more normal names.   Giving a child a stupid name is an act of vanity and selfishness on the part of the parent.
A way of drawing attention to the parent and the child; making it into an "IT" commodity from its earliest days.

Politicians understand this.  Hence Gideon's translation into George.

Agreed on that one.

One`s name is the label that the world perceives you as.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 08.04.14 11:46

@Woofer wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:

One of the things they could do to help their children right from the start is to give them more normal names.   Giving a child a stupid name is an act of vanity and selfishness on the part of the parent.

Politicians understand this.  Hence Gideon's translation into George.

Agreed on that one.

One`s name is the label that the world perceives you as.
It would be a dull old world indeed if we were all called Janet and John, and I think its lovely that parents give their children unique and imaginative names.  I don't believe it ruins their lives, it may give them something to live up to, but thats not necessarily a bad thing.  The parents, Bob and Paula were rock and roll, they weren't stockbrokers or baptist ministers and they were surrounded by like minded people.  Whilst the name Peaches or Heavenly Hirani, might get a kid beaten up in the local comprehensive, in the Geldof social circle, they are not out of place.

We don't yet know why Peaches died, but the family must be in agony.  As Petermac said, there were probably hundreds of young women who died suddenly yesterday - no doubt most of them had perfectly normal names, so lets not make her name an issue.  

Every generation has an 'it' crowd, thats the way our society is and always has been - look at the Bright Young Things of the 1920's - young people with too much money, fame and adulation who live on the edge.  Their going out and partying is no different to what most of us did in our youth, and indeed what our own kids get up, but we were never followed by the paparazzi.  Lets not be too harsh.

Peaches at 25 had calmed down, she had moved out of London, was happily married and devoted to her baby sons, though in the most recent pictures, she looked painfully thin.  My anger at this time would be towards a culture that dictates a young woman has to be Size Zero or she is nothing!

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 08.04.14 12:27

@HelenMeg wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:She managed to push the deaths of several hundred people in a plane crash off the main spot.

By the way, can anyone tell me  - without reference to her parentage or their own peculiar and disgraceful histories -
Who is she ?     Dunno
What has she done ?     Nothing
Why should I know about her ?     Because of her parentage,,,,,

Two generations of Mess!  It's in the Genes.
Though I read her she claimed her house is haunted.

I dont know if she was nice or not. The loss of life is always sad for the family left behind.
These so-called 'it' girls who appear on celebrity pages dont seem to have much structure in their lives.
Her sister also appears to aimlessly flit around in life - appearing here and there in the world. They dont seem to have a purpose in life because their backgrounds have not created a need for them to have one. They have wealth behind them  - and no real need to work. I think that it makes them more susceptible to depression / hedonism / struggle - as it creates quite an empty life.  I think the parents should try and give them a more grounded  life.  Although we dont know why she died... She just seemed to have a need to live out her life in the public - its all she ever knew. Very sad.

Miss Yates never accepted the ruling that Hutchence had committed suicide, claiming in a TV interview that he had died during an auto-erotic sex game.
Such was her determination to make her point about this to police that when she arrived in Australia following his death she shouted at the detectives in a restaurant while giving graphic details of the sex games she and Hutchence played. ‘He would strangle me during sex,’ she told them.
‘She was shouting at us, everyone was listening in, and I thought “How embarrassing is this?”,’ Mr Gerondis told the newspaper.
Mr Smith said Miss Yates went ‘berserk’, drinking a bottle of vodka at a luxury apartment she had checked into.
‘It was a circus getting her in and out,’ said Mr Gerondis. ‘We could not talk to her for a while because she was so upset.’
Mr Smith said nothing would convince Miss Yates that Hutchence had taken his own life.‘She was just adamant that she wanted her child growing up believing that it was an accidental death by auto-eroticism, instead of the fact that he killed himself because he wanted to see his child,’ he said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2560498/Hunting-bins-dregs-cocaine-cigarette-burns-bone-Michael-Hutchence-detectives-reveal-desperate-destructive-final-hours-rock-star-hanged-himself.html#ixzz2yHwz3ivG
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

"We are beyond pain,” read the statement. "She was the wildest, funniest, cleverest, wittiest and the most bonkers of all of us."
"Writing 'was' destroys me afresh. What a beautiful child. How is this possible that we will not see her again? How is that bearable? We loved her and will cherish her forever. How sad that sentence is.”

"Tom and her sons Astala and Phaedra will always belong in our family, fractured so often, but never broken. Bob, Jeanne, Fifi, Pixie and Tiger Geldof."

In June 2011, an inquest heard how Peaches' name appeared in the diary of an 18-year-old boy who died of a drug overdose.
Freddy McConnel had been found dead at his flat in London just two weeks earlier.
The inquest heard how just a few months before his death, he wrote: 'Peaches is coming over later and I am going to inject for the first time. Perhaps I will die. I hope I don’t.'
Freddy had formed a friendship with the then 22-year-old Peaches in the months before his death.
At that time, Peaches had long been linked to drugs.
In May 2008, she was questioned but not charged after being seen offering a drug pusher up to £190. Two months later, she was treated by paramedics after an overdose and was believed to have stopped breathing for several minutes until she was revived.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2599052/Bob-Geldof-tribute-daughter-Peaches-dead.html#ixzz2yI7F3zIE
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Imagine being described as "wildest and most bonkers" of all people by her dad.

Though to her credits she did become independent at 16 and did make something of her life.
In the end her bonkers background and 'IT' girl lifestyle was not conducive to anchor her to the stark contrast of the cold reality of having to face life after the glitz social scenes TV and parties.  Extreme highs to extreme lows is not easy to cope with not when you're who you are living life in a gold fish bowl under media spotlight; not helped when you moved in social circle of the rich indulgent and decadent without role models to emulate.
She carried a lot of emotional baggage and probably guilt as well when her friend Freddie died of overdose under that circumstance.

I agree with posters who said they could help their children by giving them more conventional names then stupid names.  Even her sons names are unusual.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.04.14 12:37

http://www.babble.com/celebrity/33-worst-celebrity-baby-names/

A bit of light relief - some awful names here and no, I haven't heard of most of the "celebrity" parents either.

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 08.04.14 13:09

Some celebrities and rich try to outdo  one another by creating names that stood out like sore thumbs for their children giving no thoughts what effect that will have on them.

Then there's the lesser mortals who emulate the trend by also giving their children ridiculous names.
Some of the names are spelt in a tongue twisting pronouncement rendering it totally ridiculous especially when the children start school having to spell and write their names for the first time.  

My daughter has an Indian friend whose surname has more letters than the collective alphabets, one that exceeds allocated space for name filling in a field.  Fortunately her parents had the wisdom to change it by deed poll shortening it to just 5 letter.   It's unfortunate enough having family name that is impossible to pronounce, spell or write, yet people chose by will to create difficult to manage names for their children.

I never understand parents who named their children Apple (Paltrow) or Blueberry shortcake (yes my friend called her daughter that), or Heaven (yes I know a boy by that name)....

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 08.04.14 13:18

And just as the stupid names condemn the children of the rich and infamous, so at the other end of the social scale do the "claimants names" condemn their owners to a lifetime on the dole.
Dwarell, Wayne, Dwaines, Duane, Jermaine, Jade, Jordan, Chantelle, Chelsie, Chelseigh, Chloe are simply not on the list as eligible  for social mobility.
They are condemned by unthinking parents.

So let us test the theory.
MPs whose surnames begin with 'A'
Diane , Nigel , Adam , Bob , Peter , Danny, Douglas , Heidi , Graham , David, David,
Andrew, Stuart , James , Jonathan , Ian

QED, I think.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 08.04.14 13:42

It condemns them to ridicules by friends in schools and contemporaries throughout their life.
My friend's son 'Heaven' is constantly teased that he's hell than heaven.
Can you imagine each time he fouls up or err...(as any human does) his name is used against him?
Her other son is named 'Harry' normal you'd think, but when the family name is 'Kok', that is just inviting ridicules.
Low IQs parents (which my friend is) giving their children ridiculous names can be put down to stupidity but IQs at the other end of the spectrum parents naming their children thoughtlessly boggles the mind.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 08.04.14 14:01

@aiyoyo wrote:
Low IQs parents (which my friend is) giving their children ridiculous names can be put down to stupidity but IQs at the other end of the spectrum parents naming their children thoughtlessly boggles the mind.
Not actually sure how bright Geldoff is.
He failed to grasp the full horror of what he was going to create in Ethiopia

"Giv oos yer munni . ."

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 08.04.14 14:21

Sir Bob, PeterM?  It occurs to me that not many hands-on fathers have the werewithal to relegate their children, and their maternal half-siblings, to separate establishments staffed by nannies and other help while they continue to devote themselves to saintly pursuits such as making money hand over fist and saving the world in their spare time.     

While writing, may I ask you to please delete 'Chloe' from your list of future claimaints names as it is a Greek name of great antiquity which was bestowed many years ago on a much loved great aunt of mine who is the epitome of moral and social rectitude?  And, fwiw, I've always been particularly fond of clothes from the French fashion house of the same name.  smilie

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 08.04.14 14:32

@PeterMac wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:
Not actually sure how bright Geldoff is.
He failed to grasp the full horror of what he was going to create in Ethiopia

"Giv oos yer munni . ."

The Ethiopian Embassy in London was just having the main hall done in marble with crystal chandeliers - to give a good impression no doubt.

It did strike me even at the time, that most of the performers in the Save the World or whatever concert were definitely no longer top of the list.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 08.04.14 14:40

En guard Petermac lol  smilie 

You are judging peoples' names by your own standards.  The parents who name their children Dwayne, Jordan etc, happen to like those names, probably sneer at the Gideons and the Portias and have no desire to prepare their children for government.    

It is a class issue, and some people are proud of their roots and happy with their lot, with no desire for their offspring to compete in the middle class professions.  People have levels of desire and happiness, and once that level is reached they hover around that mark forever more.  If they didn't society would come to a standstill, as they keep the cogs turning on a daily basis.  

Unfortunately for the Dwaynes, Jordans etc, there are people in society who are shallow enough to judge them on the names given to them at birth, but most reasonable people would judge them for their abilities and character, rather than making assumptions about their upbringing. 

We cannot legislate against bad taste and poor judgement, happily we are all individuals.  Because something is wrong for us, does not mean it is wrong for other people.  I'm sure if we explored our family trees, we would find a  few names that will make us smile and give us an insight into the characters of our forebears.  

I am as guilty as anyone for putting people in a social class because of their names, I'm not proud of it.  I wonder if it is a British thing, the Billybobs and PeggySues (albeit on the C&W scene) seem to do well in the US, and who could have foreseen a President called Barack.  I think the UK is changing thankfully, especially with the backlash against Katie Hopkins when she discussed this subject on breakfast tv, including I think a few Tylers and Chardonnays waving their their A-level and Degree Certificates.  

It is a huge leap to believe that we are predetermining our child's future in the name we choose for them.  We have no way of knowing if the sensibly named George will become a figure of the establishment or the playfully named Fifi will become an exotic dancer, what if George wants to be the dancer and Fifi wants to be the politician?  

Touche Petermac!

Whats in a name? that which we call a rose, by any other name would smell just as sweet'. (William Shakespeare)

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 08.04.14 14:59

I'm truly shocked at the level of cruelty on this thread towards a father and family who have just suffered such an appalling loss. It is wrong on every level.  I hope it does not reflect on this forum, but I think by now they pros will rubbing their hands in glee and saying once again, that this forum attacks grieving families.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 08.04.14 15:11

seconded, Cristobell.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.04.14 15:15

I agree cristobell,They are already on to it by the way.
I'm out of replying.

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 08.04.14 15:19

After a shock reality sets back in, Cristobell.  I see no evidence of 'cruelty' such as you describe and IMO this forum is more than able to withstand being attacked for something it hasn't done than being brought into disrepute for disseminating idle and sensationalist speculation as facts.

You, more than anyone here, should know that the pros as rarely rational beings and that anything they say should be taken with a very large pinch of salt by those who choose to engage with them.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin on 08.04.14 15:20

It is a tragedy that a young mother of two small boys has lost her life. RIP Peaches and condolences to the Geldof family.

tasprin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

MSM are beginning to dig.

Post by PeterMac on 08.04.14 15:26

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2599517/From-Scientology-libertine-cult-Ordo-Templi-Orientis-OTO-How-Peaches-obsessed-occult-spiritual-study.html

From Scientology to libertine cult Ordo Templi Orientis (OTO): How Peaches was obsessed with the occult and spiritual study
Peaches was devotee of religious cult led by occultist Aleister Crowley
She had sect's acronym, OTO, tattooed onto her right arm in a heart shape
Three weeks ago she tweeted picture of shelves filled with Crowley's works
He wrote The Life Of A Drug Fiend and Magick, In Theory And Practice
Peaches defended Crowley to a detractor, calling him a 'beautiful thinker'
The 25-year-old's family were worried by her interest in the mysterious sect

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 08.04.14 15:48

@tasprin wrote:It is a tragedy that a young mother of two small boys has lost her life. RIP Peaches and condolences to the Geldof family.

Well indeed. It certainly is.
And somehow more tragic that it happens in the blaze of publicity across all news channels, and that the family are not allowed their privacy, but are forced to make statements to the press, and that everyone feels they have to "tweet" Sky news with their own 'look at me" message.
Some of that I find distasteful.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 08.04.14 15:56

@PeterMac It didn't take the Mail long, did it? 

No doubt the MSM will now regale us with a series of sensationalist and speculative articles on the life and times of Peaches Cohen nee Geldof and various of her family members by 'journalists' whose emotive outpourings will convince the gullible they are reading facts, not fiction, written by those who have 'inside knowledge' of this young woman and her family.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 08.04.14 16:17

In times of tragedy, we like to send and receive condolences, they can be a great comfort, including the thousands of messages from strangers.  I don't think anyone feels forced to express their grief, its a matter of choice.  The death of a young person in tragic circumstances draws overwhelming sympathy from most of us, and a sympathetic message or a tweet to the bereaved family is the least we can do.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.04.14 16:29

I don't know how I would feel if I was to receive messages from strangers in respect of a personal disaster in my life.

I remember reading that the father of one of the Soham girls did find them of some help.

I think that it's just that when you hear of something like this happening to a young and apparently healthy person, it brings home your own mortality, how fragile is our grip on life and that to me is unsettling.

Grief tourism - such as happened outside Amy Winehouse's house - is over the top in my opinion but each to their own way of dealing with things.

Back to top Go down

Post by Watching on 08.04.14 16:35

It is tragic from the point that Peaches Geldof Cohen was a very young mum with extremely young children.  I don't consider her death more tragic than I would any other young mum, not in the public eye.   It reminds me of Princess Diana, she left two young sons, and for the children, as in this case I had the greatest sympathy.  Other than that in the case of Diana, I failed to understand the madness which swept the country.  I certainly do not feel compelled to leave a message of condolence.  That is a personal choice!

Watching

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 08.04.14 17:50

@PeterMac wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2599517/From-Scientology-libertine-cult-Ordo-Templi-Orientis-OTO-How-Peaches-obsessed-occult-spiritual-study.html

From Scientology to libertine cult Ordo Templi Orientis (OTO): How Peaches was obsessed with the occult and spiritual study
Peaches was devotee of religious cult led by occultist Aleister Crowley
She had sect's acronym, OTO, tattooed onto her right arm in a heart shape
Three weeks ago she tweeted picture of shelves filled with Crowley's works
He wrote The Life Of A Drug Fiend and Magick, In Theory And Practice
Peaches defended Crowley to a detractor, calling him a 'beautiful thinker'
The 25-year-old's family were worried by her interest in the mysterious sect

OTO is serious and dangerous. Flirting with such 'beliefs' can unhinge stronger minds than that of a possibly not very stable young woman.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by notlongnow on 08.04.14 17:52

Daily Fail strike again.

notlongnow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: