The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Peaches Geldof found dead, aged just 25

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Peaches Geldof found dead, aged just 25

Post by PeterMac on 23.07.14 16:05

And how much damage did Bob G do to the people of Ethiopia

He is too stupid to see that "Bandaid" was exactly that, a sticking plaster to cover up the real problems.
I still like Morrisey's summing up
'I'm not afraid to say that I think Band Aid was diabolical. Or to say that I think Bob Geldof is a nauseating character.
Many people find that very unsettling, but I'll say it as loud as anyone wants me to.
In the first instance the record itself was absolutely tuneless.
One can have great concern for the people of Ethiopia, but it's another thing to inflict daily torture on the people of Great Britain.
It was an awful record considering the mass of talent involved.
And it wasn't done shyly it was the most self-righteous platform ever in the history of popular music.'

The population of Ethiopia was 40m. Now it is 80m. Food production has not increased.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 23.07.14 16:11

When Eric Clapton's son fell from a window and died Clapton wrote a hit single to commemorate his son. I personally found this horrid but that's just me.

When Geldof's daughter died iirc he became engaged to his beau a few weeks later.

Some people seem to have the capacity to swiftly move on - and then tell their story to the press about how broken they are. It's strange they feel so inspired to move on swiftly. GM did too.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 23.07.14 16:14

@PeterMac wrote:And how much damage did Bob G do to the people of Ethiopia

He is too stupid to see that "Bandaid" was exactly that, a sticking plaster to cover up the real problems.
I still like Morrisey's summing up
'I'm not afraid to say that I think Band Aid was diabolical. Or to say that I think Bob Geldof is a nauseating character.
Many people find that very unsettling, but I'll say it as loud as anyone wants me to.
In the first instance the record itself was absolutely tuneless.
One can have great concern for the people of Ethiopia, but it's another thing to inflict daily torture on the people of Great Britain.
It was an awful record considering the mass of talent involved.
And it wasn't done shyly it was the most self-righteous platform ever in the history of popular music.'

The population of Ethiopia was 40m. Now it is 80m. Food production has not increased.
Sir Robert of Gobfordshire. Please don't get me started on his 'Africa is open for business' stuff (the invitation only to billionaires) a couple of years ago.

There's a saying that no good deed goes unpunished. Geldof wasn't punished. He didn't do a good deed.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 23.07.14 16:35

It is the most unadulterated drivel.   And racist, or should we say continentist nonsense.

It's Christmas time, there's no need to be afraid
At Christmas time, we let in light and we banish shade
And in our world of plenty we can spread a smile of joy
Throw your arms around the world at Christmas time
But say a prayer, Pray for the other ones
At Christmas time it's hard, but when you're having fun
There's a world outside your window
And it's a world of dread and fear
Where the only water flowing
Is the bitter sting of tears     Apart from the Nile, Congo, Zambezi, Swan . . . .
And the Christmas bells that ring there are the clanging chimes of doom
Well tonight thank God it's them instead of you
And there won't be snow in Africa this Christmas time    Apart from the perpetual snows of Kilimanjaro, and  . . . .
The greatest gift they'll get this year is life    For many of them this itself is the death sentence

[Ms Dynamite & Beverly Knight:]
Where nothing ever grows    How do you suppose mankind has survived there for the past two million years, you unutterable cretins
No rain nor rivers flow         Are you SERIOUS ?  Never heard of the Rain forests larger than Europe, the vastness of the grasslands, the fertility of the Great Rift Valley, the Ngorngoro delta which supported over one and a half million gnu, half million zebra . . . .the way the rain falling on the high mountains of Ethiopia provides the water which fills Lake Victoria and causes the Nile Flood, never watched a single Attenborough programme on Discovery ?. Never heard of the Victoria Falls. Never heard of the . .  

Do they know it's Christmas time at all?
Here's to you
Raise a glass for everyone
Spare a thought this yuletide for the deprived
If the table was turned would you survive    Yes.  
Here's to them
Underneath that burning sun        This is nothing but racist nonsense

You ain't gotta feel guilt just selfless
Give a little help to the helpless

Do they know it's Christmastime at all ?      The Christians probably do, the rest probably don't.  what was your point again ?
Feed the world
Feed the world
Feed the world
Feed the world
Feed the world    OKM I think we are getting the point
Let them know it's Christmastime again - [repeated]

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 23.07.14 16:39

What an arsehole.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zodiac on 23.07.14 16:53

"A capped syringe was also found in a box of sweets close to Geldof's body
'Importation quality' heroin stashed in a black cloth bag inside a cupboard
6.91g of heroin had a purity of 61%, exceeding 26% found at street level"

There were children living in that house and she stored her syringe in a sweetie box? There were children living in that house and she stashed heroin in a black cloth bag in a cupboard?

I recall reading this in KM's statement:

Before they left she took some precautions: put the medicine inside a bag with a clasp in her room inside the wardrobe or the dresser.

How exactly is that taking precautions with young children in the small apartment? I wonder why she had to take the meds out and put them back?

zodiac

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23.07.14 16:59

We can only hope that the drugs were way out of the children's reach - they were only 11 and 23 months old back in April.

I can only wonder about her husband's judgement though to leave her alone with one or both of the children.

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 23.07.14 17:09

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:We can only hope that the drugs were way out of the children's reach - they were only 11 and 23 months old back in April.

I can only wonder about her husband's judgement though to leave her alone with one or both of the children.

Also strikes me as odd that he left Peaches totally alone if he knew she was prone to using again, let alone deliver the youngest child back to her. 

It sounds as if the last person who spoke to her by phone at 7.45pm may know more about her mood, but her testimony isn`t reported.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 23.07.14 17:17

@Woofer wrote:
No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:We can only hope that the drugs were way out of the children's reach - they were only 11 and 23 months old back in April.

Also strikes me as odd that he left Peaches totally alone if he knew she was prone to using again, let alone deliver the youngest child back to her. 

It sounds as if the last person who spoke to her by phone at 7.45pm may know more about her mood, but her testimony isn`t reported.

Drug users   and alcoholics and for that matter smokers LIE.  Always LIE. There will always be an emergency stash.

Leaving a pet mouse in their care would be folly, leaving your child in the care of a drug user is criminal. Imo

I would say the husband is if anything an enabler, he believed somebody who had proved to be a liar. Or rather, he chose  to believe her.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg on 23.07.14 17:37

I dont like Geldof from what I hear about him. His children all seem to wander the world aimlessly - they dont have to work or have a purpose - they just  become celebrity figures.
Can Bob not see that it does them no good to be 'aimless'. He tries to save the world without much thought for the required supporting infrastructure in order to carry it through in subsequent years. He ends up doing them more harm than good. His young daughter saw her mother die of a heroin overdose and yet still noone spots that she becomes a drug addict and suffers the same fate. Did Bob not see that she became painfully thin - painfully thin. Did he not wish to whisk her away somewhere to try and save her from herself. For me, he is self centred. Life should not have been about him after he had kids.

HelenMeg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23.07.14 18:15

I thought it was only Peaches who was constantly in the news, usually for the wrong reasons. The other three don't attract much attention, not that I've noticed anyway.

It's not easy dealing with a person with addictions; when they're adults you sometimes just have to stand back and let them decide when enough is enough and they seek help.  

It isn't easy. I've been - and am still - there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 23.07.14 18:24

At Al-Anon, one is encouraged NOT to rescue, albeit the alcoholic may end up dead.

I don`t know if its the same for families of drug addicts.

Maybe that`s the frame of mind her husband and father had eventually grown into.  But delivering that baby into her care was so wrong IMO.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 23.07.14 20:06

@aquila wrote:When Eric Clapton's son fell from a window and died Clapton wrote a hit single to commemorate his son. I personally found this horrid but that's just me.

When Geldof's daughter died iirc he became engaged to his beau a few weeks later.

Some people seem to have the capacity to swiftly move on - and then tell their story to the press about how broken they are. It's strange they feel so inspired to move on swiftly. GM did too.

The impression one gets is that the her Bob and Peaches were estranged from each other.
One gets the feeling Geldof was never there for her.
His tribute words were probably carefully chosen for public consumption. I believe he felt the lost, which is natural, but at the same time he seemed detached from it all. As if it was just a tragic accident waiting to happen and there wasn't anything he could do (or would do) to help her. She was a wild child that he did not want to know.

She probably had very few close friends, if at all. Lived a very lonely existence, often left isolated to cope with the realities of life all alone, but at the same time having to pretend to keep up appearances in the public, for image purposes because of who she was. It's a very empty life.

It's not surprising Geldof was able to function and get on with his life as per normal for if there was no bond and no love lost between them, then her death would not impact him the way it should . He was probably an absent father, absent in every way and sense.

The question also is why didn't her husband help her, he definitely knew, at the very least he more than suspected she was on heroin.

As for Clapton, his tribute song "tears of heaven" was done more to ease his own guilt, than for the boy.
Conor was not a wanted child in the first place, Eric had wanted Conor's mum to abort the baby.
It can be said his love for his son was in retrospect.

Shame that these celebrities are so full of themselves, often have messy personal life, and have no time for others except themselves.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23.07.14 21:46

I've never heard that about Eric Clapton's son. The account I heard is that he and Conor's mother both wanted a child and, though they never lived together as a family, Eric was involved in his upbringing.

What a terrible accident that was. Even when there are adults present, tragedies can happen in the blink of an eye.

P.S. Thank you, Aiyoyo. My recollection was a bit faulty, clearly.

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 24.07.14 3:56

Here's Eric Clapton's lyrics - it's all about himself. Sorry to digress from the topic.

ERIC CLAPTON LYRICS

"Tears In Heaven"

Would you know my name
If I saw you in heaven?
Would it be the same
If I saw you in heaven?

I must be strong
And carry on,
'Cause I know I don't belong
Here in heaven.

Would you hold my hand
If I saw you in heaven?
Would you help me stand
If I saw you in heaven?

I'll find my way
Through night and day,
'Cause I know I just can't stay
Here in heaven.

Time can bring you down,
Time can bend your knees.
Time can break your heart,
Have you begging please, begging please.

Beyond the door,
There's peace I'm sure,
And I know there'll be no more
Tears in heaven.

Would you know my name
If I saw you in heaven?
Would it be the same
If I saw you in heaven?

I must be strong
And carry on,
'Cause I know I don't belong
Here in heaven.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 24.07.14 8:20

Thanks aquila, first time I see the lyrics.
I don't like Clapton and have never pay any attention to his musics.

Going by the lyrics, yes it is about himself.
It is a song about his self reflection - he knows he sins, and he questions his suitability for a place in heaven.

But Heaven is not a selective place it is guaranteed to everyone irrespective.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 24.07.14 8:23

Just out of interest the Police who examined the scene said very little, but did say there was no drug paraphernalia, which was duly reported in the press.
This was deliberate mis-information = lying.
Why ?
Because they have a responsibility directly to the Coroner - police become Coroner's Officers for that period, under his / her direct jurisdiction and control which outranks their own chain of command - and are not at liberty to speak to the world making it clear what happened before HM Coroner has made the determination.

So they just say "unexplained"  "not looking for anyone else"  no cause for alarm"  and anodyne things like this to shut the press up.
When asked the direct question about drugs and gear what can they say
Yes, No, or No comment - which is the same as Yes.
So they say No.
A bit like someone asking whether a particular person or persons is or are suspects !

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 24.07.14 9:59

It's definitely a big round about way to say YES.

In the other case in question, the MET had become CPS officers for a very long time now - 3 years on and still no indication of end goal.
To compound it they seem to have shift goal post as necessary.
Not only they told white lies, meaning say No, No Comment, they are not persons of interest, not looking for a body blah blah, they also invented a Crecheman, presumably with consent of the CPS. They must have authority to lie in other words.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum