The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Peaches Geldof found dead, aged just 25

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Peaches Geldof found dead, aged just 25

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on Thu May 01, 2014 2:02 pm

@tigger wrote:
I agree that these days celebrities are criticised all the time on their appearance, I am more in tune with Aiyoyo's post. I do feel that one has to take responsibility for one's actions.

Errm, much flattered as I was by your praise yesterday, I'm not so keen on being compared to a state of being as 'Tigger on acid'.  I have no idea what I'd be like on acid or what acid normally does to people. your story sounds very similar to the one I posted on amphetamines last month. Even so, I'm sure you didn't mean to imply the above phrase is from observation.   smilie 

I read that reference to 'Tigger on acid' as the one in the Winnie the Pooh stories :)

whatliesbehindthesofa

Posts : 1320
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-11-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Peaches Geldof found dead, aged just 25

Post by Guest on Thu May 01, 2014 2:10 pm

Confirmed: Heroin likely to have contributed to death of Peaches Geldof.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Peaches Geldof found dead, aged just 25

Post by PeterMac on Thu May 01, 2014 2:18 pm

Ladyinred wrote:Confirmed: Heroin likely to have contributed to death of Peaches Geldof.
So who moved and disposed of the paraphernalia ?

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Peaches Geldof found dead, aged just 25

Post by lj on Thu May 01, 2014 2:28 pm

@aiyoyo wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:
@admin wrote:But I thought no drugs were found in the house?
Isn't heroine administered with needles? How did she manage to do that if no needles/drugs were found?
Is it possible to administer a fatal overdose then still have time to get rid of all the 'stuff'?
Those poor babies.
Poor Tiger Lily.
Short answer NO
It can also be burned and inhaled.
BUT
Someone has cleaned up the scene.

As they do ! !


As in the someone who came and chanced upon the death had a quick thinking mind to clean up the scene?
You'd not expect the friend who found her would dare to touch anything or know where to clean up.
Unless alerting the authority to her death was delayed until after her husband had returned and cleaned up first.  You'd think the husband would ring the ambulance or even the family GP in that sort of situation, and not the Police.  
Just as a matter of knowledge, is it compulsory to alert the police to a death in the house if no foul play is suspected?

God knows how many hours the baby was left unsupervised before the somebody came to his rescue.

When no anatomical cause was found during autopsy, body released, one sort of expect this inevitable conclusion coming from toxicology dept.

I know of several cases (not famous people) where all paraphernalia were cleaned up, always by the family.
Death at this age, where the only physical history is addiction, is per definition not natural and in most places and autopsy has to be performed. I agree I would call medical services first, although in most countries the alarm number will send both to the scene.

____________________
"And if Madeleine had hurt herself inside the apartment, why would that be our fault?"  Gerry

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

Posts : 3274
Reputation : 148
Join date : 2009-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Peaches Geldof found dead, aged just 25

Post by lj on Thu May 01, 2014 2:39 pm

@aquila wrote:
@rainbow-fairy wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:
@admin wrote:But I thought no drugs were found in the house?
Isn't heroine administered with needles? How did she manage to do that if no needles/drugs were found?
Is it possible to administer a fatal overdose then still have time to get rid of all the 'stuff'?
Those poor babies.
Poor Tiger Lily.
Short answer NO
It can also be burned and inhaled.
BUT
Someone has cleaned up the scene.

As they do ! !

My first thughts on reading this too, admin.
The speed at which it hits when injected would make this nigh on impossible. Hence why addicts are usually surrounded by their paraphenalia. At a fatal dose it would be very very unlikely.
Yes it can be smoked but there would still be evidence, eg tin foil but I have never heard of anyone overdosing from smoking the stuff.
I have had a count-up of all the addicts I know who have died - 12 off the top of my head - and only 2 of those were true, straightforward 'OD's'. The rest were complications from years of addiction, cocktails of drugs or infections.

I can only think that if she did die from an overdose as seems to be the case, she was not alone for there to be no evidence of anything found.

Very sad for all involved in this :'( Yes including Peaches. A relapse doesn't mean she was a bad person, or that she wasn't a devoted mum. A relapse can hit at any time even years after addiction - you are never 'fixed', imo, just an addict not indulging in addictive behaviour anymore, trying to stay clean everyday. It just means she had demons she obviously had not dealt with.
Really sad to hear this.
Rainbow-fairy, there are a few people on this forum who understand drug addiction and you are one of them along with Daisy and myself. Those who take the higher moral ground perhaps need to go to a re-hab centre/an open AA/NA meeting and listen.

I lost a good friend to heroin. She was vibrant and a beautiful person.

I don't know what the answer is but I know that she didn't intend to become an addict and tried her hardest to quit. I always think of her struggle before I'm tempted to condemn anyone with an addiction.

 friends

I appreciate my view is not held by a lot of people.

There are more and more indications that addiction is also a chemical process, and has genetic influences too. I just find it unbelievable that there is still not more available in treatment. I am convinced that if even half of the money spent on policing and convicting drugusers (I am not talking about criminals) was used on decent research how to prevent and fight addiction, we could help a lot of people and make society a better place. Sadly there is no incentive in that. There is much more money and jobs and power in "fighting" drugs (including alcohol) and no glory in curing people.

____________________
"And if Madeleine had hurt herself inside the apartment, why would that be our fault?"  Gerry

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

Posts : 3274
Reputation : 148
Join date : 2009-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Peaches Geldof found dead, aged just 25

Post by lj on Thu May 01, 2014 2:45 pm

I thought the photo she posted on Twitter was very alarming. If I had a friend with that history of mother's suicide, drug use in the past and now herself a mother, I would go over there, take her for a movie, coffee or whatever and I would not leave until I was sure (or assured) there were no suicidal tendencies.


____________________
"And if Madeleine had hurt herself inside the apartment, why would that be our fault?"  Gerry

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

Posts : 3274
Reputation : 148
Join date : 2009-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Peaches Geldof found dead, aged just 25

Post by aquila on Thu May 01, 2014 2:49 pm

@whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:
@tigger wrote:
I agree that these days celebrities are criticised all the time on their appearance, I am more in tune with Aiyoyo's post. I do feel that one has to take responsibility for one's actions.

Errm, much flattered as I was by your praise yesterday, I'm not so keen on being compared to a state of being as 'Tigger on acid'.  I have no idea what I'd be like on acid or what acid normally does to people. your story sounds very similar to the one I posted on amphetamines last month. Even so, I'm sure you didn't mean to imply the above phrase is from observation.   smilie 

I read that reference to 'Tigger on acid' as the one in the Winnie the Pooh stories :)
It was most definitely Tigger from Winnie the Pooh - not our lovely Tigger on the forum.

aquila

Posts : 7952
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Peaches Geldof found dead, aged just 25

Post by rainbow-fairy on Thu May 01, 2014 3:04 pm

@lj wrote:
@aquila wrote:
@rainbow-fairy wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:
@admin wrote:But I thought no drugs were found in the house?
Isn't heroine administered with needles? How did she manage to do that if no needles/drugs were found?
Is it possible to administer a fatal overdose then still have time to get rid of all the 'stuff'?
Those poor babies.
Poor Tiger Lily.
Short answer NO
It can also be burned and inhaled.
BUT
Someone has cleaned up the scene.

As they do ! !

My first thughts on reading this too, admin.
The speed at which it hits when injected would make this nigh on impossible. Hence why addicts are usually surrounded by their paraphenalia. At a fatal dose it would be very very unlikely.
Yes it can be smoked but there would still be evidence, eg tin foil but I have never heard of anyone overdosing from smoking the stuff.
I have had a count-up of all the addicts I know who have died - 12 off the top of my head - and only 2 of those were true, straightforward 'OD's'. The rest were complications from years of addiction, cocktails of drugs or infections.

I can only think that if she did die from an overdose as seems to be the case, she was not alone for there to be no evidence of anything found.

Very sad for all involved in this :'( Yes including Peaches. A relapse doesn't mean she was a bad person, or that she wasn't a devoted mum. A relapse can hit at any time even years after addiction - you are never 'fixed', imo, just an addict not indulging in addictive behaviour anymore, trying to stay clean everyday. It just means she had demons she obviously had not dealt with.
Really sad to hear this.
Rainbow-fairy, there are a few people on this forum who understand drug addiction and you are one of them along with Daisy and myself. Those who take the higher moral ground perhaps need to go to a re-hab centre/an open AA/NA meeting and listen.

I lost a good friend to heroin. She was vibrant and a beautiful person.

I don't know what the answer is but I know that she didn't intend to become an addict and tried her hardest to quit. I always think of her struggle before I'm tempted to condemn anyone with an addiction.

 friends

I appreciate my view is not held by a lot of people.

There are more and more indications that addiction is also a chemical process, and has genetic influences too. I just find it unbelievable that there is still not more available in treatment. I am convinced that if even half of the money spent on policing and convicting drugusers (I am not talking about criminals) was used on decent research how to prevent and fight addiction, we could help a lot of people and make society a better place. Sadly there is no incentive in that. There is much more money and jobs and power in "fighting" drugs (including alcohol) and no glory in curing people.
Amen to that thought lj!
The 'war on drugs' is pretty bogus but it 'looks good'. IiRC, the government have been advised of ways to ease the issue, but I can't see them ever being brave enough. Mores the pity.

____________________
"Ask the dogs, Sandra" - Gerry McCann to Sandra Felgueiras



Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.

rainbow-fairy

Posts : 1971
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2011-05-26
Age : 42
Location : going round in circles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Peaches Geldof found dead, aged just 25

Post by aiyoyo on Thu May 01, 2014 3:17 pm

@lj wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:
@admin wrote:But I thought no drugs were found in the house?
Isn't heroine administered with needles? How did she manage to do that if no needles/drugs were found?
Is it possible to administer a fatal overdose then still have time to get rid of all the 'stuff'?
Those poor babies.
Poor Tiger Lily.
Short answer NO
It can also be burned and inhaled.
BUT
Someone has cleaned up the scene.

As they do ! !


As in the someone who came and chanced upon the death had a quick thinking mind to clean up the scene?
You'd not expect the friend who found her would dare to touch anything or know where to clean up.
Unless alerting the authority to her death was delayed until after her husband had returned and cleaned up first.  You'd think the husband would ring the ambulance or even the family GP in that sort of situation, and not the Police.  
Just as a matter of knowledge, is it compulsory to alert the police to a death in the house if no foul play is suspected?

God knows how many hours the baby was left unsupervised before the somebody came to his rescue.

When no anatomical cause was found during autopsy, body released, one sort of expect this inevitable conclusion coming from toxicology dept.

I know of several cases (not famous people) where all paraphernalia were cleaned up, always by the family.
Death at this age, where the only physical history is addiction, is per definition not natural and in most places and autopsy has to be performed. I agree I would call medical services first, although in most countries the alarm number will send both to the scene.

Family cleaning up I can understand but that would mean a desire to hide the truth from first responders ie Police; and that would also mean family knew the cause of death.
But the clean up effort is pointless as a sudden death is always without fail subject to autopsy.
I disagree that when ambulance is summoned, the same alarm number will dispatch the Police too.
People can summon for ambulance or Police separately as needed.

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Peaches Geldof found dead, aged just 25

Post by Guest on Thu May 01, 2014 4:53 pm

LJ, the death of Peaches' mother Paula Yates was classed as an accidental overdose and not suicide.

I think that is also likely to be the case for Peaches too though we'll never know for sure what her intentions were.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Peaches Geldof found dead, aged just 25

Post by Google.Gaspar.Statements on Thu May 01, 2014 4:57 pm

But if there was no sign of any drug paraphernalia, maybe someone else administered the overdose then cleaned up? Maybe we can expect an arrest to be made? Maybe she didn't OD herself.

Google.Gaspar.Statements

Posts : 345
Reputation : 205
Join date : 2013-05-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Peaches Geldof found dead, aged just 25

Post by rainbow-fairy on Thu May 01, 2014 5:04 pm

@Google.Gaspar.Statements wrote:But if there was no sign of any drug paraphernalia, maybe someone else administered the overdose then cleaned up? Maybe we can expect an arrest to be made? Maybe she didn't OD herself.
That is certainly a possible scenario, G.G.S - for reasons already stated I don't believe that she would have been alone if there was no paraphenalia around her.
Yes it would be possible for family or friends to 'clean up' but as aiyoyo states above, there would be a PM where the substance would show up anyway.
Far more likely she was using with somebody who cleared away, as likely if not more so to cover their own a**e than any other reason.

____________________
"Ask the dogs, Sandra" - Gerry McCann to Sandra Felgueiras



Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.

rainbow-fairy

Posts : 1971
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2011-05-26
Age : 42
Location : going round in circles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Peaches Geldof found dead, aged just 25

Post by russiandoll on Thu May 01, 2014 5:06 pm

No mention of a heroin overdose by the coroner....it likely played a role in her death. A contributory factor.

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Peaches Geldof found dead, aged just 25

Post by aiyoyo on Thu May 01, 2014 5:15 pm

@lj wrote:
@aquila wrote:
@rainbow-fairy wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:
@admin wrote:But I thought no drugs were found in the house?
Isn't heroine administered with needles? How did she manage to do that if no needles/drugs were found?
Is it possible to administer a fatal overdose then still have time to get rid of all the 'stuff'?
Those poor babies.
Poor Tiger Lily.
Short answer NO
It can also be burned and inhaled.
BUT
Someone has cleaned up the scene.

As they do ! !

My first thughts on reading this too, admin.
The speed at which it hits when injected would make this nigh on impossible. Hence why addicts are usually surrounded by their paraphenalia. At a fatal dose it would be very very unlikely.
Yes it can be smoked but there would still be evidence, eg tin foil but I have never heard of anyone overdosing from smoking the stuff.
I have had a count-up of all the addicts I know who have died - 12 off the top of my head - and only 2 of those were true, straightforward 'OD's'. The rest were complications from years of addiction, cocktails of drugs or infections.

I can only think that if she did die from an overdose as seems to be the case, she was not alone for there to be no evidence of anything found.

Very sad for all involved in this :'( Yes including Peaches. A relapse doesn't mean she was a bad person, or that she wasn't a devoted mum. A relapse can hit at any time even years after addiction - you are never 'fixed', imo, just an addict not indulging in addictive behaviour anymore, trying to stay clean everyday. It just means she had demons she obviously had not dealt with.
Really sad to hear this.
Rainbow-fairy, there are a few people on this forum who understand drug addiction and you are one of them along with Daisy and myself. Those who take the higher moral ground perhaps need to go to a re-hab centre/an open AA/NA meeting and listen.

I lost a good friend to heroin. She was vibrant and a beautiful person.

I don't know what the answer is but I know that she didn't intend to become an addict and tried her hardest to quit. I always think of her struggle before I'm tempted to condemn anyone with an addiction.

 friends

I appreciate my view is not held by a lot of people.

Yes, drug addicts are not necessary bad people, they can be lovely, clever, humourous, all the nice attributes and what have you.  
She was probably lovely and devoted mum and more but that's secondary if she'd seriously considered the interest of her baby.   Perhaps her dad's tribute "wildest" described her since he must know better.
At the end of the day she'd free choice to choose time of use, and could have refrained when home alone with her baby.  She may not reckon to be killed from it but she knew her mum and one of her boy-friends (as in different gender friend) died from it.  At the very least she must have known the whole point of taking it is to get a high feeling, an escape into another realm, and that intoxicated state is no condition to care for the child.
Her mindless act of choosing to indulge in her habit over the well being of her helpless child in that sort of circumstance was moment of selfishness.  A momentarily irresponsible act that could cost more dearly had her spouse not reacted in useful time for the baby.  

I

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Peaches Geldof found dead, aged just 25

Post by PeterMac on Thu May 01, 2014 5:29 pm

@aiyoyo wrote:
@Google.Gaspar.Statements wrote:But if there was no sign of any drug paraphernalia, maybe someone else administered the overdose then cleaned up? Maybe we can expect an arrest to be made? Maybe she didn't OD herself.

No foul play suspected, states earlier reports.
Only supplying and possession with Intent to Supply a Class A drug. in the UK this carries LIFE imprisonment. Good reason to clean up, perhaps.

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Peaches Geldof found dead, aged just 25

Post by PeterMac on Thu May 01, 2014 5:39 pm

I have got three children, all under four.
I know what I shall do. I’ll go out for an evening’s drinking and leave the doors and windows open
But I shall expect everyone to understand and forgive me because it is an addiction and I need treatment

I have two children under two. I know what I shall do,
I’ll go and shoot up in the spare bedroom, leaving the children alone
But I shall expect everyone to understand and forgive me because it is an addiction and I need treatment

I have inappropriate thoughts about the 11 year old girl next door
I know what I shall do, I shall have carnal knowledge of her by force
But I shall expect everyone to understand and forgive me because it is an addiction and I need treatment

I have inappropriate thoughts about 9 year old choir boys
I know what I shall do, . . . .
But I shall expect everyone to understand and forgive me because it is an addiction and I need treatment

I like a glass of wine,
I know what I shall do. I’ll drink a couple of bottles and get breathtested tomorrow on the way to work,
But I shall expect everyone to understand and forgive me because it is an addiction and I need treatment


At what point does an "addiction" supersede Self control, free will, denial, . . . ?

I don't know. Every shoplifter was described by their Defence Lawyer as a 'kleptomaniac' for several years before the defence became self defeating,
and the list of alleged addictions has grown in recent years.
Plastic surgery, teeth whitening, Internet use, texting, sex, tanning, shopping, exercise, eating, slimming,
You can always find an instant expert to explain that you have no control over what you do.

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Peaches Geldof found dead, aged just 25

Post by Woofer on Thu May 01, 2014 5:41 pm

From Telegraph just now - "A spokesperson for Kent Police said: “Kent Police can confirm an ongoing investigation into the supply of drugs in connection with the death of Peaches Geldof.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/peaches-geldof-likely-to-have-died-of-heroin-overdose-inquest-hears-9311090.html

Inquest been adjourned until 23 July when full Hearing will take place.

I hadn`t realised her husband and eldest child had been away all night - he spent the night at his mother`s house. Could it be they`d had a row and she `phoned a friend` at 7.45 and the friend brought some comfort round.

____________________
The constant assertion of belief is an indication of fear - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Woofer

Posts : 3390
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2012-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Peaches Geldof found dead, aged just 25

Post by comperedna on Thu May 01, 2014 5:43 pm

That's a grim and awful thought...

comperedna

Posts : 695
Reputation : 47
Join date : 2012-10-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Peaches Geldof found dead, aged just 25

Post by rainbow-fairy on Thu May 01, 2014 5:45 pm

@lj wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:
@admin wrote:But I thought no drugs were found in the house?
Isn't heroine administered with needles? How did she manage to do that if no needles/drugs were found?
Is it possible to administer a fatal overdose then still have time to get rid of all the 'stuff'?
Those poor babies.
Poor Tiger Lily.
Short answer NO
It can also be burned and inhaled.
BUT
Someone has cleaned up the scene.

As they do ! !


As in the someone who came and chanced upon the death had a quick thinking mind to clean up the scene?
You'd not expect the friend who found her would dare to touch anything or know where to clean up.
Unless alerting the authority to her death was delayed until after her husband had returned and cleaned up first.  You'd think the husband would ring the ambulance or even the family GP in that sort of situation, and not the Police.  
Just as a matter of knowledge, is it compulsory to alert the police to a death in the house if no foul play is suspected?

God knows how many hours the baby was left unsupervised before the somebody came to his rescue.

When no anatomical cause was found during autopsy, body released, one sort of expect this inevitable conclusion coming from toxicology dept.

I know of several cases (not famous people) where all paraphernalia were cleaned up, always by the family.
Death at this age, where the only physical history is addiction, is per definition not natural and in most places and autopsy has to be performed. I agree I would call medical services first, although in most countries the alarm number will send both to the scene.
Absolutely lj, it would be a rare occasion indeed if paraphenalia and any remaining drugs weren't cleared away before medical help arrives. Many are still of the impression you can be arrested for taking drugs which isn't the case. Indeed our way there was a big publicity campaign about this, about calling an ambulance and not panicking about what was laying about. Whether it worked, I don't know. Many would rely on walking someone around (crazy idea!), throwing water over them or sticking them in a cold shower!

@aiyoyo wrote:Family cleaning up I can understand but that would mean a desire to hide the truth from first responders ie Police; and that would also mean family knew the cause of death.
But the clean up effort is pointless as a sudden death is always without fail subject to autopsy.
I disagree that when ambulance is summoned, the same alarm number will dispatch the Police too.
People can summon for ambulance or Police separately as needed.

That is true aiyoyo, however a lot of people (addicts included) are of the impression that if you call an ambulance and state heroin overdose, police will be sent as a matter of course. They are not, but it has been known to happen sometimes.
Rightly or wrongly, and sadly, this belief then leads to the daft ways of 'treating' an OD I mentioned above (anyone who comes round from those measures wouldn't be truly 'OD'd' anyway... Only an intravenous injection of Naltrexone and possibly adrenaline would reverse an OD of this type...) But in some quarters the belief still stands)




____________________
"Ask the dogs, Sandra" - Gerry McCann to Sandra Felgueiras



Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.

rainbow-fairy

Posts : 1971
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2011-05-26
Age : 42
Location : going round in circles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Peaches Geldof found dead, aged just 25

Post by Guest on Thu May 01, 2014 5:45 pm

[quote="No Fate Worse Than De'Ath"]Joyce, I read that Peaches' husband had gone out with their elder son and then was unable to contact her by phone. He rang a neighbour and asked her to go round - presumably she had a key.

I am puzzled by the early report of there being no drugs found if, as it appears, they were the cause of Peaches' death.

P.S. This report says that it was Peaches' husband who found her.

http://web.orange.co.uk/article/news/details_of_scene_at_peaches_home_revealed

According to the above link, the weekends away were not an unusual arrangement.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Peaches Geldof found dead, aged just 25

Post by aiyoyo on Thu May 01, 2014 5:48 pm

@PeterMac wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:
@Google.Gaspar.Statements wrote:But if there was no sign of any drug paraphernalia, maybe someone else administered the overdose then cleaned up? Maybe we can expect an arrest to be made? Maybe she didn't OD herself.

No foul play suspected, states earlier reports.
Only supplying and possession with Intent to Supply a Class A drug.    in the UK this carries LIFE imprisonment.  Good reason to clean up, perhaps.

Yes, that's good reason to hide evidence, provided we're talking about supplier being caught red handed or happened to be on scene.
But if the person possessing it is dead, then the clean up is self defeating since a dead person is beyond punishment. Except if the clean up by an innocent third party and/or family is to help hide her addiction from media attention for image reason.
People might be right, there might be a more sinister reason to hide the evidence.
I wonder whether her family suspected her death as suicide given her family history and her tweets before death.




aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Peaches Geldof found dead, aged just 25

Post by Woofer on Thu May 01, 2014 5:50 pm

@PeterMac wrote:I have got three children, all under four.  
I know what I shall do.  I’ll go out for an evening’s drinking and leave the doors and windows open
But I shall expect everyone to understand and forgive me because it is an addiction and I need treatment

I have two children under two.  I know what I shall do,
I’ll go and shoot up in the spare bedroom, leaving the children alone
But I shall expect everyone to understand and forgive me because it is an addiction and I need treatment

I have inappropriate thoughts about the 11 year old girl next door
I know what I shall do,  I shall have carnal knowledge of her by force
But I shall expect everyone to understand and forgive me because it is an addiction and I need treatment

I have inappropriate thoughts about 9 year old choir boys
I know what I shall do, . . . .
But I shall expect everyone to understand and forgive me because it is an addiction and I need treatment

I like a glass of wine,
I know what I shall do. I’ll drink a couple of bottles and get breathtested tomorrow on the way to work,
But I shall expect everyone to understand and forgive me because it is an addiction and I need treatment


At what point does an "addiction" supersede Self control, free will, denial,  . . . ?

I don't know.  Every shoplifter was described by their Defence Lawyer as a 'kleptomaniac' for several years before the defence became self defeating,
and the list of alleged addictions has grown in recent years.
Plastic surgery, teeth whitening, Internet use, texting, sex, tanning, shopping, exercise, eating, slimming,
You can always find an instant expert to explain that you have no control over what you do.

Maybe when its unbearable to go on without it.

Not to be excused - understood maybe.

To be human is to err - did someone say that or did I make it up?

____________________
The constant assertion of belief is an indication of fear - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Woofer

Posts : 3390
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2012-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Peaches Geldof found dead, aged just 25

Post by aiyoyo on Thu May 01, 2014 5:57 pm

@ PeterMac,
Plastic surgery, teeth whitening, Internet use, texting, sex, tanning, shopping, exercise, eating, slimming,
You can always find an instant expert to explain that you have no control over what you do.

Put it like that, I'm an addict to quite a few things ......


aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Peaches Geldof found dead, aged just 25

Post by sallypelt on Thu May 01, 2014 6:20 pm

Peaches, in all probability, had taken heroin in the past, and had "given it up" and hadn't taken it for months, o maybe a year or more. What happens then is the body's tolerance to the drug is lowered, and this can lead to an overdose. Heroin overdose causes respiratory arrest and this is what  causes of death in most instances .

sallypelt

Posts : 3299
Reputation : 518
Join date : 2012-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Peaches Geldof found dead, aged just 25

Post by Woofer on Thu May 01, 2014 6:23 pm

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:
No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:Joyce, I read that Peaches' husband had gone out with their elder son and then was unable to contact her by phone. He rang a neighbour and asked her to go round - presumably she had a key.

I am puzzled by the early report of there being no drugs found if, as it appears, they were the cause of Peaches' death.

P.S. This report says that it was Peaches' husband who found her.

http://web.orange.co.uk/article/news/details_of_scene_at_peaches_home_revealed

According to the above link, the weekends away were not an unusual arrangement.

If that account is true and the husband was away since the previous Thursday, the husband must have been confident enough to leave her on her own at weekends - maybe he had no idea of her relapses.  I would have thought being alone could be an extra risk for anyone with `demons`.  Well she obviously phoned a friend - and I`m sure the police have made contact with him/her by now.

____________________
The constant assertion of belief is an indication of fear - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Woofer

Posts : 3390
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2012-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum