The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Peaches Geldof found dead, aged just 25

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Peaches Geldof found dead, aged just 25

Post by aiyoyo on 30.04.14 23:26

Is anyone surprised by that ?

She was alone with her 11-month-old baby when she got herself intoxicated poisoning herself to death in the process without regard for her son under her care.
Effectively she endangered her own baby.
And they said she was a good mother, PLEASE!  

Had her husband not sent someone round to check on her, the baby could have come to self harm eg roll over from crying, chocked etc ....

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by loopzdaloop on 01.05.14 0:12

@aiyoyo wrote:Is anyone surprised by that ?

She was alone with her 11-month-old baby when she got herself intoxicated poisoning herself to death in the process without regard for her son under her care.
Effectively she endangered her own baby.
And they said she was a good mother, PLEASE!  

Had her husband not sent someone round to check on her, the baby could have come to self harm eg roll over from crying, chocked etc ....

The media were irresponsible in their fawning over her.

Peaches Geldof 'died of heroin overdose' in tragic echo of her mother Paula Yates's death, report claims

• Peaches Geldof, 25, found dead at her home in Kent earlier this month
  • Inquest will be opened on May 1 after results were returned to coroner
  • They're expected to show she died of a heroin overdose, The Times claims

• Cause of death expected to be announced at 10-minute hearing

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2617315/Peaches-Geldof-died-heroin-overdose-tragic-echo-mother-Paula-Yatess-death-inquest-reveal.html#ixzz30Pk2NIKW
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

The Mail still calls it 'tragic'. Which it is not as 'death' is a likely consequence of the misuse of drugs.

loopzdaloop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 01.05.14 7:10

But I thought no drugs were found in the house?  huh 

Isn't heroine administered with needles? How did she manage to do that if no needles/drugs were found?

Is it possible to administer a fatal overdose then still have time to get rid of all the 'stuff'?

dontgetit

Those poor babies.

Poor Tiger Lily.

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 01.05.14 7:57

@admin wrote:But I thought no drugs were found in the house?
Isn't heroine administered with needles? How did she manage to do that if no needles/drugs were found?
Is it possible to administer a fatal overdose then still have time to get rid of all the 'stuff'?
Those poor babies.
Poor Tiger Lily.
Short answer NO
It can also be burned and inhaled.
BUT
Someone has cleaned up the scene.

As they do ! !

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy on 01.05.14 8:48

@PeterMac wrote:
Those poor babies.
Poor Tiger Lily.
Short answer NO
BUT

As they do ! !

My first thughts on reading this too, admin.
The speed at which it hits when injected would make this nigh on impossible. Hence why addicts are usually surrounded by their paraphenalia. At a fatal dose it would be very very unlikely.
Yes it can be smoked but there would still be evidence, eg tin foil but I have never heard of anyone overdosing from smoking the stuff.
I have had a count-up of all the addicts I know who have died - 12 off the top of my head - and only 2 of those were true, straightforward 'OD's'. The rest were complications from years of addiction, cocktails of drugs or infections.

I can only think that if she did die from an overdose as seems to be the case, she was not alone for there to be no evidence of anything found.

Very sad for all involved in this :'( Yes including Peaches. A relapse doesn't mean she was a bad person, or that she wasn't a devoted mum. A relapse can hit at any time even years after addiction - you are never 'fixed', imo, just an addict not indulging in addictive behaviour anymore, trying to stay clean everyday. It just means she had demons she obviously had not dealt with.
Really sad to hear this.

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.

rainbow-fairy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 01.05.14 9:05

@PeterMac wrote:
Those poor babies.
Poor Tiger Lily.
Short answer NO
BUT

As they do ! !

As in the someone who came and chanced upon the death had a quick thinking mind to clean up the scene?
You'd not expect the friend who found her would dare to touch anything or know where to clean up.
Unless alerting the authority to her death was delayed until after her husband had returned and cleaned up first.  You'd think the husband would ring the ambulance or even the family GP in that sort of situation, and not the Police.  
Just as a matter of knowledge, is it compulsory to alert the police to a death in the house if no foul play is suspected?

God knows how many hours the baby was left unsupervised before the somebody came to his rescue.

When no anatomical cause was found during autopsy, body released, one sort of expect this inevitable conclusion coming from toxicology dept.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 01.05.14 9:05

I will wait until I hear the outcome announced officially.

As I have said before, I won't judge her if drugs are found to have been the cause.

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 01.05.14 9:11

@rainbow-fairy wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:
Those poor babies.
Poor Tiger Lily.
Short answer NO
BUT

As they do ! !

The speed at which it hits when injected would make this nigh on impossible. Hence why addicts are usually surrounded by their paraphenalia. At a fatal dose it would be very very unlikely.
Yes it can be smoked but there would still be evidence, eg tin foil but I have never heard of anyone overdosing from smoking the stuff.
I have had a count-up of all the addicts I know who have died - 12 off the top of my head - and only 2 of those were true, straightforward 'OD's'. The rest were complications from years of addiction, cocktails of drugs or infections.

I can only think that if she did die from an overdose as seems to be the case, she was not alone for there to be no evidence of anything found.

Very sad for all involved in this :'( Yes including Peaches. A relapse doesn't mean she was a bad person, or that she wasn't a devoted mum. A relapse can hit at any time even years after addiction - you are never 'fixed', imo, just an addict not indulging in addictive behaviour anymore, trying to stay clean everyday. It just means she had demons she obviously had not dealt with.
Really sad to hear this.
Rainbow-fairy, there are a few people on this forum who understand drug addiction and you are one of them along with Daisy and myself. Those who take the higher moral ground perhaps need to go to a re-hab centre/an open AA/NA meeting and listen.

I lost a good friend to heroin. She was vibrant and a beautiful person.

I don't know what the answer is but I know that she didn't intend to become an addict and tried her hardest to quit. I always think of her struggle before I'm tempted to condemn anyone with an addiction.

friends

I appreciate my view is not held by a lot of people.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 01.05.14 9:13

You can add me to that list, Aquila.

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 01.05.14 9:15

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:You can add me to that list, Aquila.

As soon as I'd posted I realised I'd not included you. Apologies.  friends

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 01.05.14 9:21

Any death of a young person is a tragedy imo. Also imo a few on here should think a little of the words  "There but for the grace of God go I ".

I find the lack of basic compassion from some people sad to see and please, whoever wrote this word again...FAWNING... go and check its definition and decide if it really describes media treatment of this sad story.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy on 01.05.14 10:06

@aquila wrote:
@rainbow-fairy wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:
Those poor babies.
Poor Tiger Lily.
Short answer NO
BUT

As they do ! !

Really sad to hear this.
Rainbow-fairy, there are a few people on this forum who understand drug addiction and you are one of them along with Daisy and myself. Those who take the higher moral ground perhaps need to go to a re-hab centre/an open AA/NA meeting and listen.

I lost a good friend to heroin. She was vibrant and a beautiful person.

I don't know what the answer is but I know that she didn't intend to become an addict and tried her hardest to quit. I always think of her struggle before I'm tempted to condemn anyone with an addiction.

friends

I appreciate my view is not held by a lot of people.
Thank you Aquila friends
I just get very, very frustrated with the view that addiction is a 'choice'. That is such a simplistic view and just not true. Of course there is a degree of choice when you first take, or do, what will become addictive, but nobody sets out with the mindset 'I am going to become an addict'. There is almost always a reason that people will choose to indulge, way beyond 'peer pressure'. Some can very easily say "No, thank you" some cannot. Whether that be a risk-taking personality, underlying reasons (I'd just describe as 'demons'). Also there is a reason why some can dabble at will while others drop into addiction very quickly.
There is also the point that no true addict will be thinking 'this could be the one that kills me' - once you are addicted you are far beyond thoughts like that, just 'get me throught the day'
I think it is strange to try and turn it into a class issue too. Addiction spans all classes. As far as celebrity kids like Peaches, I wouldn't have wanted her lot for anything! Imagine living in that fishbowl environment, with plentiful money. Put in her own flat with a nanny, away from her parents? Losing her mum the way she did. Any of those things would be enough imo to make you want to 'escape', however you felt you could.
I have great sympathy with you over your friend roses and believe she was exactly as you said. All the friends I have lost were much the same and all very intelligent people. Its just very sad.
People have been getting addicted to substances for hundreds of years and I can't see it stopping any time soon. Certainly not whilst it is viewed simply as 'you took it, tough'. That helps nobody.

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

rainbow-fairy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy on 01.05.14 10:11

@russiandoll wrote:Any death of a young person is a tragedy imo. Also imo a few on here should think a little of the words  "There but for the grace of God go I ".

I find the lack of basic compassion from some people sad to see and please, whoever wrote this word again...FAWNING... go and check its definition and decide if it really describes media treatment of this sad story.
Agree 100% russiandoll friends
I actually wanted to slot the BIB into my post above. It could have been me, it wasn't but it could have been. It could, in the right circumstances be any one of us (you just never know). RIP Peaches. roses

rainbow-fairy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 01.05.14 10:14

I agree with all the sentiments in the last few posts. This death is just as tragic whether it was a heroin overdose or not.

whatliesbehindthesofa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by joyce1938 on 01.05.14 11:01

I believe when the story broke it was said that police took a lot away from the house I did not know what at all,but it seemed someone had elerted that there was a scene that needed help . whether or not someone heard the baby crying even before husband returned I how did he know to return ,? someone must have known something was wrong before he came back . this is just memory I have of it that day news broke  joyce1938

joyce1938

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on 01.05.14 11:11

Why would she take heroin when she had a young baby in the house,sorry but I have no sympathy for this person at all.

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 01.05.14 11:15

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:I will wait until I hear the outcome announced officially.

As I have said before, I won't judge her if drugs are found to have been the cause.
Nor me NFWTD, whatever way we look at it, it is a terrible tragedy.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 01.05.14 11:25

Joyce, I read that Peaches' husband had gone out with their elder son and then was unable to contact her by phone. He rang a neighbour and asked her to go round - presumably she had a key.

I am puzzled by the early report of there being no drugs found if, as it appears, they were the cause of Peaches' death.

P.S. This report says that it was Peaches' husband who found her.

http://web.orange.co.uk/article/news/details_of_scene_at_peaches_home_revealed

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 01.05.14 11:27

@tiny wrote:Why would she take heroin when she had a young baby in the house,sorry but I have no sympathy for this person at all.

Just a wild stab in the dark, but I'd guess that addiction to heroin would be your answer.

whatliesbehindthesofa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 01.05.14 11:29

Possibly, like her mother, she wasn't actually an addict and the dose that killed her wouldn't have been fatal to an addict.

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 01.05.14 12:14

@whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:I agree with all the sentiments in the last few posts.  This death is just as tragic whether it was a heroin overdose or not.
 friends

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 01.05.14 12:26

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:Possibly, like her mother, she wasn't actually an addict and the dose that killed her wouldn't have been fatal to an addict.
I sometimes wonder if young girls take hard/dangerous recreational drugs in order to stay thin?  There was at one time in the fashion world, and expression 'heroin chic' - whereby the models looked almost skeletal with sunken eyes.  

I know that sizing on womens' clothing has changed over the years, and it may be my age, but I do not remember a size 6, and certainly not a size zero, When I see these doll size clothes in the shops, the feminist within me weeps.  For a young woman in Peaches' position, the pressure on her to be as skinny as was physically possible for her career.  Such is popular culture, women like Peaches are constantly photographed, and every pound gained appears the following day in high definition on the front pages of the celebrity magazines. She may have thought she could handle heroin, that she had control of it, In the most recent pictures before she died, she looked very, very thin and frail, and it could have been that just one relapse proved fatal. I don't doubt for one moment, her love for her babies, but we have no idea what demons Peaches may have had, her loss of her mother was certainly traumatic.  I don't have very much knowledge or understanding of heroin addiction (I know a lot about alcoholism) - other than compassion should be the key word, and as someone said earlier, 'there but for the grace of God, go I'.  

It really doesn't matter one iota whether she had more than ourselves, or less, it is always a tragedy when a young person dies, and those left behind hurt just the same as we do.  Yes, Peaches should have known better, but saying that doesn't take away from the tragedy and it only adds to the pain of those left behind.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 01.05.14 12:42

Aeons ago I gave up smoking and piled on the pounds - not by substituting cigarettes for food btw. I hated being overweight. An aunt of mine suggested going to the doctor to ask for a metabolism booster. Being naive I did. I left the surgery with a prescription. I have an aversion to taking tablets or medicine so I took half the prescribed dosage. I've never had (before or since) so much energy. I was Tigger on acid. I have to say I only took in total 1 and a half of these pills before I realised that the energy, palputations and inability to sleep meant they weren't harmless so I took no more.

My husband, who was a policeman saw the pills and said...'this is class A stuff...if I found these on a person with no prescription I'd cuff 'em'.

So Cristobell, you are quite right, there is so much pressure on young women to be perfect, to be able to wear size 0 clothes, to get into a bikini about three minutes after giving birth, to be perfect mothers etc.

ETA: I was and still am an ordinary working class person. The pressure on young women whose lives are in the media where they are constantly filmed is grotesque.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 01.05.14 12:52

Nearly all the titles have printed "killed by heroin", would they print lies before official announcement ?
Don't be too surprised that the official announcement is going to be along the same line !

With all due respect to those who condemn others, wrongly believing that it is about compassion (or lack of whatever) - it is not about that nor it is about being judgemental either.
Get off your high horse you people when you criticise others for lacking this and that because that's judging too. If commenting on facts is considered judgemental and contentious issue then all manner of judging is contentious no matter the criteria. Judging, or what one attributes to as judging, is an inevitable sad fact of life whether you like it or not. When you criticise people because they don't share the same view/belief as you, you are already guilty of what you preach not to do, as in you are already judging others by your own standard and belief.

It's about accepting the fact she was an addict and probably had been all along as it is a hard habit to kick.
If one believes free choice is true, then undoubtedly one must accept it was her free choice to consume it whilst knowing she was alone with her baby under her watch, and that's an unchangeable fact too.

Her husband must have known about her ongoing addiction when he was alarmed she didn't respond to his call that he sent someone round to check on her.

Any untimely death is tragic but when it is one that is consequence of free choice then who's to say whether it is right or wrong or whether that merits more or less sympathy or compassion. It is a sad fact that happens in life and some see the inability to control one's life as self imposed; that is also a fact in life.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 01.05.14 13:56

@aquila wrote:Aeons ago I gave up smoking and piled on the pounds - not by substituting cigarettes for food btw. I hated being overweight. An aunt of mine suggested going to the doctor to ask for a metabolism booster. Being naive I did. I left the surgery with a prescription. I have an aversion to taking tablets or medicine so I took half the prescribed dosage. I've never had (before or since) so much energy. I was Tigger on acid. I have to say I only took in total 1 and a half of these pills before I realised that the energy, palputations and inability to sleep meant they weren't harmless so I took no more.

My husband, who was a policeman saw the pills and said...'this is class A stuff...if I found these on a person with no prescription I'd cuff 'em'.

So Cristobell, you are quite right, there is so much pressure on young women to be perfect, to be able to wear size 0 clothes, to get into a bikini about three minutes after giving birth, to be perfect mothers etc.

ETA: I was and still am an ordinary working class person. The pressure on young women whose lives are in the media where they are constantly filmed is grotesque.

I agree that these days celebrities are criticised all the time on their appearance, I am more in tune with Aiyoyo's post. I do feel that one has to take responsibility for one's actions.

Errm, much flattered as I was by your praise yesterday, I'm not so keen on being compared to a state of being as 'Tigger on acid'. I have no idea what I'd be like on acid or what acid normally does to people. your story sounds very similar to the one I posted on amphetamines last month. Even so, I'm sure you didn't mean to imply the above phrase is from observation.  smilie 

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum