The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Peaches Geldof found dead, aged just 25

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Peaches Geldof found dead, aged just 25

Post by Guest on 07.04.14 19:18

I am so so sad for her family.
Two little boys under 3 who will not be able to understand where their mother is gone.
Devastated for her dad who I adore and her sisters. Life really does throw tragedy heavily at some peoples door.

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 07.04.14 19:33

Those poor little kids - don`t know if they`re boys or girls - the press are saying they`re boys but for some reason they have girls` names - poor mites.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 07.04.14 19:47

They are boys - you know what a reputation the Geldofs have for bizarre names!

This is very sad news - Peaches really seemed to have got her life together in recent years.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 07.04.14 20:01

Such a beautiful, vibrant young woman, her family must be devastated, bless them.  I was reading about her only yesterday, and what a wonderful caring sister she has been to little Tiger Lily, they all have.  What a terrible tragedy.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 07.04.14 20:05

Shocked beyond words and desperately hoping the poor girl didn't take her own life.  

25 is no age to die.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Rooster on 07.04.14 20:52

Tragic beyond words.

The Rooster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 07.04.14 21:05

So so sad. She seemed like a good person who had had a tough time with her background and loss. Being the child of famous people is never easy, especially with the publicity around her mums death. Genuinely sad for all of them but most especially her babies.

Smokeandmirrors

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by littlepixie on 07.04.14 21:51

The story of her mother Paula and Michael Hutchence was in the papers again recently. One of the comments on the story was along the lines of "why is this being dragged up again - think of their families"
I read Peaches posted a picture of herself with her mother not long before she died.

So sad.

littlepixie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Julchen on 07.04.14 21:54

Absolutely tragic and sad.
But at least one person must be very, very happy (if not lucky): within a split second this MP Miller woman was off the hook of the press and media. Now it will be Peaches Geldoff this and that. And within a week it will be business as usual, no further questions asked.
To me this is the real tragedy behind a tragic story in this country.
People forget easily and jump onto the next mass hysteria.

Jule

Julchen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 07.04.14 22:22

She managed to push the deaths of several hundred people in a plane crash off the main spot.

By the way, can anyone tell me  - without reference to her parentage or their own peculiar and disgraceful histories -
Who is she ?
What has she done ?
Why should I know about her ?

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by petunia on 07.04.14 22:52

I agree she has pushed Maria miller off the front pages.i'm sure Miller must be thinking tonight poor peaches' but hey ho i didn't know her so no need for me to grieve for her like her family..The young people will be more interested in peaches than miller, job done.God bless you Peaches geldof where ever you are tonight you must be thinking to your self what the hell have i done sad1

petunia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 07.04.14 22:53

@PeterMac wrote:She managed to push the deaths of several hundred people in a plane crash off the main spot.

By the way, can anyone tell me  - without reference to her parentage or their own peculiar and disgraceful histories -
Who is she ? Dunno
What has she done ? Nothing
Why should I know about her ? Because of her parentage,,,,,

Two generations of Mess! It's in the Genes.
Though I read her she claimed her house is haunted.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 07.04.14 23:03

I find some posts here disrespectful and very cold-Petunia it hasn't been confirmed how she died so don't think its fair to say "what the hell have i done".
It is sad when any young person dies,but to leave two small children behind is awful.
She is only known through her parents but given their profile of course its all over the news,that's the way the media works like it or not.

RIP.

Back to top Go down

Post by Christina on 07.04.14 23:54

@PeterMac wrote:She managed to push the deaths of several hundred people in a plane crash off the main spot.

Who is she ?
What has she done ?
Why should I know about her ?
That is your perception. Some people actually care, without having to confirm terms of reference as to why they do. 

I respect your posts with regards to the McCanns. but this one is the coldest I have seen. 

Geldhof and Yates were main public figures in their own rights, despite why. And then they had a family. We all know this. And then their kids became public figures, despite not doing anything interesting. And then Peaches died today, much younger than even her mother did. And if you don't know about her or are bothered about it, why are you posting?

Not nice or necessary, that one.

RIP Peaches and huge condolences to Bob and family.

Christina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 08.04.14 0:27

For those who don't know who Peaches Geldof was, she was the second daughter of Bob Geldof and Paula Yates, so she was born into fame and she lost her mother in tragic circumstances as a little girl.

In her own right, she had been a bit of a wild child, but she was carving a career as a writer and a television presenter, but most recently she has been a devoted mother to her two young sons. Young people know of her, she was very much part of the 'in' crowd, well known in the music and fashion industries, and probably not of much interest to the Telegraph and Times' readers, but a celebrity in the tabloids and the teen magazines.

Undoubtedly she was privileged, quite possibly spoilt, but as a dad left with the care of 3 young daughters who had lost their mother and a tiny orphan who had lost both parents, I think Bob Geldof has been heroic, and if he spoiled them, who can blame him.  How would any of us have coped in such a situation?

But I don't think Peaches was spoiled, she had much too nice a nature for that.  She had the faults of youth, but she had passion and a big heart and she was very, very bright, in time she would have found her niche and probably gone on to achieve great things.  

It is news because Peaches Geldof was part of popular culture, and it is a personal tragedy that people can relate to. Thankfully most with nothing but sympathy, at the loss of a beautiful young woman who had so much to live for.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.04.14 6:36

Thank you for that summary Cristobell.

Peaches, apparently, started her career at the age of 15 and she was also a model.

Obviously I didn't know Peaches, but when I heard the news I found it shocking and very sad, not just for her and her babies and husband, but for Sir Bob Geldof who has been trying for so many years to keep his family together.

I was always a huge fan of Michael Hutchence and INXS - at the time I thought he was the sexiest man on earth and I was so shocked when he died. And then poor Paula died of an accidental overdose while she was in the depths of grief for him, leaving behind their four year old daughter, Tiger Lily, who was found in the same room as her mother's body.

Bob Geldolf took on the guardianship of Tiger Lily, and took care of his ex-wife's baby as though she was his own. A truly remarkable man.

I just find the whole saga - from Michael Hutchence and Paula Yates death - to, now, Peaches death at such a young age, so terribly sad and tragic.

And this will have a profound effect on Tiger Lily, of course, who not only lost her father, then mother, but now her sister.

The police say there are no suspicious circumstances surrounding her death.

RIP Peaches.

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 08.04.14 6:49

Iirc her mother died of a drug overdose. I remember reading that a friend said it was so unlucky as Yates hadn't even used cocaine all that often.

It may be the same sort of thing. It's sad this young woman died but the publicity is on the same lines: 'a beautiful woman has died' - just as a beautiful child went missing.

The public has a taste of vicarious grief and it is a gift for the press so they'll make the most of it. Why it should be stop press news is beyond me.
The world of celebrities is a very shallow one, it's not surprising that the need to be in the public eye leads so often to the destruction of the person who craves the publicity.
A relentless examination of the merest wrinkle, the least ounce of fat is elaborated on the front page and on the internet.
It's no wonder many celebrities use drugs to sustain their artificial image and to stay in those all important tabloid headlines.

PG is now making money for the press, so we can expect to see the story, such as it is, run for a while.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 08.04.14 8:07

Whilst I agree with PeterM's post, I was shocked and very saddened to hear this news.   Two little boys left without their mother.  Peaches was left without her mother at the age of 11 and apparently could not start to "deal with it" until she was 16 years of age.   Her mother's death could have been avoided.  

Yes the family have had tragedies as indeed a number of other famous/celeb familes have, but when people indulge in illegal substances and or alcohol and the autorities turn a blind eye, then very unfortunately tragedy strikes and the poor children left behind are the ones who very often pay a high  price.

Time for zero tolerance of this law breaking imo.  

A post from twitter was reproduced here the other day - a little sniff only harms the person who does the sniffing.    I don't think so.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 08.04.14 8:36

@plebgate wrote:Whilst I agree with PeterM's post, I was shocked and very saddened to hear this news.   Two little boys left without their mother.  Peaches was left without her mother at the age of 11 and apparently could not start to "deal with it" until she was 16 years of age.   Her mother's death could have been avoided.  
Yes the family have had tragedies as indeed a number of other famous/celeb familes have, but when people indulge in illegal substances and or alcohol and the autorities turn a blind eye, then very unfortunately tragedy strikes and the poor children left behind are the ones who very often pay a high  price.
Time for zero tolerance of this law breaking imo.  
A post from twitter was reproduced here the other day - a little sniff only harms the person who does the sniffing.    I don't think so.

Thank you for understanding my point.
The death of any young person is saddening. I have of course dealt with many.
Whether that person was deemed to be "Beautiful" does not in my view make it more tragic.
I found Amy Winehouse physically repellent, but her useless and avoidable death was surely just as tragic as that of a 'beautiful' woman.

Last night several other young women will have died in many different circumstances. Can anyone name one ?

There is, as someone further up the thread commented, a strange world where people are famous simply for being famous, creations of the Press, inventions of Daytime TV shows, but once the cameras are off, find that their lives are vacuous and pointless. That is very sad, since surely everyone has the capacity to "do' something.
In this case she is the daughter of a man famous for raising funds for a misguided cause, and a woman whose lack of self control led to her own untimely death.
And the Press will milk it for all it is worth.

Stories sell papers, and once the subject is dead the cash begins to run out, so they have to make as much as they can in the shortest possible time

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 08.04.14 9:00

No need to thank me for understanding PeterM.     I think your post above is spot on.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 08.04.14 9:47

A bit hard hearted PeterM - "In this case she is the daughter of a man famous for raising funds for a misguided cause, and a woman whose lack of self control led to her own untimely death."

Imagine a world where `self control` was the dominant trait.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by littlepixie on 08.04.14 10:25

O/T
But I have never liked Bob Geldof. I don't think he is nice or admirable. I also wonder how he EVER got custody of a four year little girl who was absolutely nothing to do with him and who had family of her own.
Very Strange.

littlepixie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.04.14 10:28

I think it was a case that she didn't know her Australian relatives and / or that they were deemed unfit to look after her.

I know that she isn't related to Bob but his daughters are her half-sisters and she was particularly close to one of them, not sure if it was Peaches or Pixie.

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg on 08.04.14 10:29

@aiyoyo wrote:

Who is she ?     Dunno
What has she done ?     Nothing
Why should I know about her ?     Because of her parentage,,,,,

Two generations of Mess!  It's in the Genes.
Though I read her she claimed her house is haunted.
I dont know if she was nice or not. The loss of life is always sad for the family left behind.
These so-called 'it' girls who appear on celebrity pages dont seem to have much structure in their lives.
Her sister also appears to aimlessly flit around in life - appearing here and there in the world. They dont seem to have a purpose in life because their backgrounds have not created a need for them to have one. They have wealth behind them  - and no real need to work. I think that it makes them more susceptible to depression / hedonism / struggle - as it creates quite an empty life.  I think the parents should try and give them a more grounded  life.  Although we dont know why she died... She just seemed to have a need to live out her life in the public - its all she ever knew. Very sad.

HelenMeg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum