The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Rupert Murdoch bags coverage of new Pope in 3D making two previous Popes into saints - on 27 April 2014

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rupert Murdoch bags coverage of new Pope in 3D making two previous Popes into saints - on 27 April 2014

Post by Tony Bennett on 04.04.14 13:13

I apologise if at first sight this unprecedented news seems irrelevant to the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. BUT:

1. Gerry & Kate McCann are Catholics, frequently described in the early days as 'devout Catholics'
2. The Roman Catholic Church features heavily in Kate McCann's 2011 book, 'madeleine'  
3. The McCanns met the Pope in late May 2007
4. The McCanns' spokesman, Clarence Mitchell, boasted on TV of how he personally arranged the McCanns' visit to the Vatican
5. Mitchell's first job after ceasing to work full-time for the McCanns was to work for Rupert Murdoch's son-in-law, Matthew Freud  
6. Later Mitchell was employed by current Prime Minister David Cameron as the Deputy to Andy Coulson, Murdoch's former editor of the News of the World
7. At Leveson, we were told that Mitchell was in 'almost daily contact' about Madeleine McCann with senior staff of Murdoch's papers the Sun and the News of the World
8. On 11 May 2011, Rupert Murdoch's CEO of News International, Rebekah Brooks threatened persuaded the British Prime Minister to set up an expensive and so far unsuccessful review and investigation into Madeleine's disappearance
9. The Pope and his church are probably the wealthiest and most powerful organisation in the world, certainly the world's largest landowner
10. Rupert Murdoch is arguably the world's most powerful media mogul
11. In 1998, the then Pope awarded Rupert Murdoch a prestigious Papal Knighthood...

...and so on...


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 
Pope Francis To Usher In Vatican 3D TV Transmission At Unprecedented Canonisation Ceremony

VATICAN CITY – Pope Francis will become the first pontiff seen globally in 3D during the upcoming April 27 ceremony in St. Peter’s Square when two of his predecessors, John Paul II and John XXIII, will be canonised as saints.

The unprecedented double canonisation event will be produced in 3D by the Vatican TV Center (CTV) in a partnership with Rupert Murdoch’s Sky Italia, BSkyB and Sky Deutschland payboxes, and Sony.

The ceremony will also be beamed into 3D movie theatres across Europe and in North and South America, in what is being touted as the first convergence of HD, 3D and 4K technologies for such a high-profile multimedia 3D event.



At a press conference in the Vatican, CTV chief Monignor Dario Vigano said the live transmission will require “more satellites than the Sochi Olympics.

Vigano underlined that the Vatican decided to offer the canonisation ceremony to the world in 3D in order to give people who would want to attend but cannot, for many reasons including economic ones, the chance to get a “fully immersive” experience.

The production will use 13 3D cameras positioned in spots that will give a unique and exclusive vantage point of St Peter’s Square.

The HD feed will be carried by 100 broadcasters, including Italo pubcaster RAI, and viewed by an estimated 200,000 global TV audience.

The 3D TV feed will be beamed into Italy, the UK, and Germany on Sky.

The fact that CTV has teamed up with Sky on the 3D TV project, rather than RAI, which has until now been the Vatican’s customary TV partner in Italy, marks a major coup for Sky Italia.

Sky Italia managing director Andrea Zappia said he was “very proud” of the partnership with the Vatican which will also mark the first time Sky Italia, BSkyB, and Sky Deutschland team up on a live event.


More than 100 movie theatres in Italy will screen the ceremony in 3D through Nexo Digital, which will also beam it into movie theatres around the world, everywhere for free.

Roughly five million pilgrims are expected in Rome for the event, which will see four popes united in St Peter’s, given that the Vatican has confirmed that former Pope Benedict XVI will attend. Benedict, who stepped down from the papacy in February 2013, has been living a secluded existence inside the Vatican walls.

http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/pope...ny-1201150306/

____________________

                            "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13971
Reputation : 2146
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rupert Murdoch bags coverage of new Pope in 3D making two previous Popes into saints - on 27 April 2014

Post by Guest on 04.04.14 13:31

Can't say I really see the relevance of this, Tony. The church is increasingly irrelevant in western society, as is Murdoch's beloved print empire. I'm happy to see this saintly non-story scooped up by Murdoch's pay-TV business as it will hopefully mean I'll be spared the tedium of it on my simple Freeview set.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Rupert Murdoch bags coverage of new Pope in 3D making two previous Popes into saints - on 27 April 2014

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 04.04.14 13:52

I fail to see what any of this has to do with Madeleine McCann. Perhaps this thread should be moved to somewhere more appropriate?

whatliesbehindthesofa

Posts : 1320
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-11-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rupert Murdoch bags coverage of new Pope in 3D making two previous Popes into saints - on 27 April 2014

Post by Boosey on 04.04.14 16:24

Whatliesbehindthesofa, Tony has explained fully in the first part of his post the relevance the McCann case.

Boosey

Posts : 30
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rupert Murdoch bags coverage of new Pope in 3D making two previous Popes into saints - on 27 April 2014

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 04.04.14 16:44

@Boosey wrote:Whatliesbehindthesofa, Tony has explained fully in the first part of his post the relevance the McCann case.

I've read the explanation and did so before I originally posted, but in my opinion this story has no relevance to the McCann case.  The story concerns TV coverage of an event involving the Pope, there is no mention of the McCanns or anything to do with them.

whatliesbehindthesofa

Posts : 1320
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-11-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rupert Murdoch bags coverage of new Pope in 3D making two previous Popes into saints - on 27 April 2014

Post by Tony Bennett on 04.04.14 20:02

@whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:
@Boosey wrote:Whatliesbehindthesofa, Tony has explained fully in the first part of his post the relevance the McCann case.

I've read the explanation and did so before I originally posted, but in my opinion this story has no relevance to the McCann case.  The story concerns TV coverage of an event involving the Pope, there is no mention of the McCanns or anything to do with them.
Apologies again to those who feel this news is utterly irrelevant to Madeleine's disappearance.

This event will be watched by hundreds of millions of people, mostly Catholics but not all, worldwide.

And Rupert Murdoch has exclusive rights to televise it.

The story is highly relevant for anyone who still needs proof that Rupert Murdoch is one of the most powerful media moguls in the world.

Now, that is relevant to the disappearance of Madeleine McCann if you think that Rupert Murdoch and his men and woman have anything to do with the extraordinary coverage of this case during the last 7 years. If you think it is beyond coinicidence that Murdoch's CEO forced Operation Grange out of our Prime Minister. If you think it beyond coincidence that the McCanns' chief public relations strategist and reputation manager appears to have an unusually close relationship with Murdoch's family and senior employees.

I have tried for 7 years to understand what are the sources of the power, authority and control which have governed this case from the very moment that Murdoch's SKY NEWS first broadcast news, early on 4 May 2007, of the break-in to G5A by an abductor who carried a jemmy into the apartment - and presumably left with a jemmy and Madeleine - and the British Ambassador hared down to Praia da Luz to make sure the Portuguese had all the 'help' they needed...

____________________

                            "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13971
Reputation : 2146
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rupert Murdoch bags coverage of new Pope in 3D making two previous Popes into saints - on 27 April 2014

Post by Guest on 04.04.14 20:13

I cannot for the life of me find the link again to Theresa May's reply to an FOI, which made clear that a review was already in the offering BEFORE McCanns/Brooks/Cameron "blackmail" ...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Rupert Murdoch bags coverage of new Pope in 3D making two previous Popes into saints - on 27 April 2014

Post by Tony Bennett on 04.04.14 21:16

Châtelaine wrote:I cannot for the life of me find the link again to Theresa May's reply to an FOI, which made clear that  a review was  already in the offering BEFORE McCanns/Brooks/Cameron "blackmail" ...
No, Theresa May said on a number of occasions that it was 'being considered'.

But she never agreed.

And that is precisely why, Chatelaine, if you recall, there were two separate 'leaks' from 10 Downing Street, actually covered by our mainstream TV media at the time, stating that Rebekah Brooks' threat to our Prime Minister was:

"Give me [and Rupert Murdoch] that Scotland Yard review, otherwise you will have 7 days bad headlines about Teresa May".

You see, Chatelaine, Theresa May had refused to give the McCanns the review they wanted.

In fact she had refused for quite a long period of time.

Murdoch and Brooks had to go direct to the British Prime Minister over the head of Theresa May - to ge the review they desperately wanted.

And why did Murdoch and Brooks want this review so badly?

To solve the mystery of what really happened to Madeleine McCann?

It doesn`t look that way so far, does it?

No, it was done to...

* sell more newspapers and
* boost their forthcoming serialisation of Dr Kate McCann`s book.

It could hardly be more blatant.

And let`s all cast our minds back to another relevant incident, lest we forget.

Theresa May decided to reform certain top-level police operations.

Theresa May decided, as part of her reforms, to place Jim Gamble`s CEOP under the umbrella of the Serious Organised Crime Agency (it may be called something different now).

Theresa May therefore decided to reduce Jim Gamble`s status. No longer would Jim Gamble, as the Head of CEOP, be reporting direct to the Home Secretary. He would lose this power and have to go through the new head of the Serious Organised Crime Agency.   

Jim Gamble was therefore very unhappy with Theresa May.

In fact, he was so unhappy that he threatened to resign! Yes! Him! The all-important Head of CEOP! It was unthinkable! 

The next day, out came the McCanns, as reported in several newspapers, saying what a wonderful bloke he was and how this move would be a disaster for CEOP.

The compliant media recylced all this, and a few other notables were wheeled out to say how beastly and wrong-headed Theresa May was to effectively demote Gamble and how she was devaluing all the excellent work done by CEOP.

Theresa May was put under immense pressure to reconsider her reform plans. The media said what a great loss it would be if Jim Gamble were to resign.  

So what happened next?

Theresa May said she was going to go ahead with her plans.

Theresa May said she was going to put CEOP under the Serious Organised Crime Agency.

And Jim Gamble, very disgruntled, resigned.   

This whole episode was instructive for two reasons:

1. It showed that Theresa May was a woman, fit to govern, who could hold her nerve and trust her judgment, and

2. It showed us, once again, the extremely close nexus and understanding there was between Jim Gamble and the McCann Team.

Gamble for the McCanns.

The McCanns for Gamble.

____________________

                            "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13971
Reputation : 2146
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rupert Murdoch bags coverage of new Pope in 3D making two previous Popes into saints - on 27 April 2014

Post by Guest on 04.04.14 21:23

With all due respect, Tony: I HAVE seen that reply to a FOI by Theresa May, which just happened to be round about the time the PM replied to the "Open Letter" of the McCanns. She stated, that there had been diplomatic [again IIRC] exchanges for some time and that the case would be OPENED in the U.K. ... following this discourse.

It's weekend tomorrow. I will take a dive again and try and find it ... Bonne nuit  smilie 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Rupert Murdoch bags coverage of new Pope in 3D making two previous Popes into saints - on 27 April 2014

Post by Tony Bennett on 04.04.14 21:30

Châtelaine wrote:With all due respect, Tony: I HAVE seen that reply to a FOI by Theresa May, which just happened to be round about the time the PM replied to the "Open Letter" of the McCanns. She stated, that there had been diplomatic [again IIRC] exchanges for some time and that the case would be OPENED in the U.K. ... following this discourse.

It's weekend tomorrow. I will take a dive again and try and find it ... Bonne nuit  smilie 
OK, by all means let's see the FOI reply, but it simply will not change the absolute fact, Chatelaine, that Theresa May did NOT agree to the review and that, plainly, it was enforced on the Home Office by this route:

Rupert Murdoch >>>
Rebekah Brooks >>>
David Cameron >>>
Theresa May, Home Secretary >>> 
Sir Paul Stephenson, Head of the Met.

Nor will the Home Secretary's response to an FOI Act request change any of the facts I just related above re Thereaa May, Jim Gamble and the McCanns.

Dormez bien

____________________

                            "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13971
Reputation : 2146
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rupert Murdoch bags coverage of new Pope in 3D making two previous Popes into saints - on 27 April 2014

Post by Guest on 04.04.14 21:49

Just before turning in: you mean, she was lying in her reply to the FOI?
That's "heavy" ...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Rupert Murdoch bags coverage of new Pope in 3D making two previous Popes into saints - on 27 April 2014

Post by Gillyspot on 04.04.14 22:22

Hi Chatelaine

Can you find the FOI response?

The only one I can find re review is the refusal to release 6 of the 7 documents held by the Home office.

____________________
Kate McCann "I know that what happened is not due to the fact of us leaving the children asleep. I know it happened under other circumstances"

Gillyspot

Posts : 1470
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-06-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rupert Murdoch bags coverage of new Pope in 3D making two previous Popes into saints - on 27 April 2014

Post by Tony Bennett on 04.04.14 22:26

Châtelaine wrote:Just before turning in: you mean, she was lying in her reply to the FOI?
That's "heavy" ...
Come off it, Chatelaine, I've said no such thing.

As you well know.

You haven't produced your FOI reply from the Home Office yet.

Can we agree please to wait until you produce that - and then we can discuss politley wih each other its significance?

All I am saying now is:

1. However much thought, consideration, or even 'active consideration' or 'scoping exercises' or whatever Theresa May may have given to a review before 12 May 2011, she hadn't actually set one up. It took a tetchy conversation between Rebekah Brooks and his riding companion David Cameron to get one ordered

and

2. Theresa May stood up to Jim Gamble and accepted his resignation from CEOP, despite pressure from the McCanns and others to retain him.

____________________

                            "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13971
Reputation : 2146
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rupert Murdoch bags coverage of new Pope in 3D making two previous Popes into saints - on 27 April 2014

Post by Cristobell on 05.04.14 0:02

@Tony Bennett wrote:
Châtelaine wrote:I cannot for the life of me find the link again to Theresa May's reply to an FOI, which made clear that  a review was  already in the offering BEFORE McCanns/Brooks/Cameron "blackmail" ...
No, Theresa May said on a number of occasions that it was 'being considered'.

But she never agreed.

And that is precisely why, Chatelaine, if you recall, there were two separate 'leaks' from 10 Downing Street, actually covered by our mainstream TV media at the time, stating that Rebekah Brooks' threat to our Prime Minister was:

"Give me [and Rupert Murdoch] that Scotland Yard review, otherwise you will have 7 days bad headlines about Teresa May".

You see, Chatelaine, Theresa May had refused to give the McCanns the review they wanted.

In fact she had refused for quite a long period of time.

Murdoch and Brooks had to go direct to the British Prime Minister over the head of Theresa May - to ge the review they desperately wanted.

And why did Murdoch and Brooks want this review so badly?

To solve the mystery of what really happened to Madeleine McCann?

It doesn`t look that way so far, does it?

No, it was done to...

* sell more newspapers and
* boost their forthcoming serialisation of Dr Kate McCann`s book.

It could hardly be more blatant.

And let`s all cast our minds back to another relevant incident, lest we forget.

Theresa May decided to reform certain top-level police operations.

Theresa May decided, as part of her reforms, to place Jim Gamble`s CEOP under the umbrella of the Serious Organised Crime Agency (it may be called something different now).

Theresa May therefore decided to reduce Jim Gamble`s status. No longer would Jim Gamble, as the Head of CEOP, be reporting direct to the Home Secretary. He would lose this power and have to go through the new head of the Serious Organised Crime Agency.   

Jim Gamble was therefore very unhappy with Theresa May.

In fact, he was so unhappy that he threatened to resign! Yes! Him! The all-important Head of CEOP! It was unthinkable! 

The next day, out came the McCanns, as reported in several newspapers, saying what a wonderful bloke he was and how this move would be a disaster for CEOP.

The compliant media recylced all this, and a few other notables were wheeled out to say how beastly and wrong-headed Theresa May was to effectively demote Gamble and how she was devaluing all the excellent work done by CEOP.

Theresa May was put under immense pressure to reconsider her reform plans. The media said what a great loss it would be if Jim Gamble were to resign.  

So what happened next?

Theresa May said she was going to go ahead with her plans.

Theresa May said she was going to put CEOP under the Serious Organised Crime Agency.

And Jim Gamble, very disgruntled, resigned.   

This whole episode was instructive for two reasons:

1. It showed that Theresa May was a woman, fit to govern, who could hold her nerve and trust her judgment, and

2. It showed us, once again, the extremely close nexus and understanding there was between Jim Gamble and the McCann Team.

Gamble for the McCanns.

The McCanns for Gamble.
I must admit when I heard Kate refer to Theresa May's 'fluffy words' it was clear that Theresa May was not giving them what they wanted and had no intention of doing so.  The McCanns claimed they did not know what was in Jim Gamble's report, though given their cosy relationship with him, I find that hard to believe. Perhaps Jim Gamble recommended that the McCanns be cleared through a Review and that they should approach it as if the abduction had taken place in the UK.  

I cannot find any reasonable or logical explanation for Kate and Gerry to have pushed so hard for a Review.  It made no sense, unless they already knew what the outcome would be.  I even think that up until a year ago, they were confident of the result, the giggling episode, I believe happens at this time.  The McCanns were giving a press conference publicising the new age progression photographs prepared by SY, and probably couldn't believe their luck that Operation Grange were focussed on the 'abduction. and the 'Madeleine is alive and being treated like a princess' theories.  

As you say, Theresa May would not give them what they wanted, reaffirmed by Kate herself in the November 2010 fundraising campaign.  It seemed as if Plan A for the McCanns was to launch a new campaign with Petition and Paypal button, that would continue forever more, as Theresa May was never going to give the Review the go ahead.

Via the Leveson Enquiry we heard that Rebekah Brooks 'threatened' to put Theresa May's photograph on the front page of the Sun every day until the McCanns were granted a Review.  Why did she need to do this?  We know that RB and DC were horse riding buddies and part of the same social set, so it is quite likely that the deal had been done before the letters appeared on the front page of the Sun.  Why then did News International put pressure on one of DC's Ministers? Was it all showmanship to justify the cost of the Review?

Something changed, that caused the about turn, perhaps pertaining to the political climate at the time the Review was granted.  This may be where the double crossing began, but it is not entirely clear who was double crossing who?  Imo, the McCanns wanted a Review along the lines of Jim Gamble's report, and they may even have been told that that was what they were going to get. Rebekah wanted to sell more newspapers and a McCann headline is the gift that keeps on giving.  The Government may have become aware that the Portuguese were not going to let the matter drop.  Whatever it is, it may be that Theresa May is giving the McCanns the review they deserve.   

I doubt there is any love lost between Theresa May and Jim Gamble.  She went ahead with the changes to CEOP that she wanted regardless of his objections, and it would appear that SY have not stuck to his McCann friendly recommendations - whatever they might have been.

Cristobell

Posts : 2436
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-10-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rupert Murdoch bags coverage of new Pope in 3D making two previous Popes into saints - on 27 April 2014

Post by Tony Bennett on 05.04.14 22:30

@Cristobell wrote:
I must admit when I heard Kate refer to Theresa May's 'fluffy words' it was clear that Theresa May was not giving them what they wanted and had no intention of doing so.  

REPLY: Yes, I had clean forgotten that, thank you for the reminder. This was basically a thinly-veiled public attack on the Home Secretary ,Theresa May. THe McCanns had been trying for two years or so to get a review, and it had become clear to the McCanns that Theresa May wasn't going to bow down to their demands 

The McCanns claimed they did not know what was in Jim Gamble's report, though given their cosy relationship with him, I find that hard to believe.

REPLY: The long-term relationship between Jim Gamble and the McCanns is indeed fascinating. It began of course with Jim Gamble's urgent demand to anyone who was holidaying in Praia da Luz that week: 'Send me your holiday snaps!' 

And what you say is a 'cosy' relationship between Gamble and the McCanns seems to continue to this day. Not least in Jim Gamble's new work with the company he has founded: iNEQE, called this, apparently, because it is both 'innovative' and 'unique' (Wow!). Gamble has organised two conferences, in September 2013 and March 2014, with the peculiar title: 'Glimpse CSA'. The CSA stands for 'Child Sexual Abuse', so the somewhat bizarre title of these two conferences reads: "Glimpse Child Sexual Abuse". I am sure they could have thought up a better, more appropriate and suitable  title.

These conferences had 5 keynote speakers.

One was Gamble himself.

Another was Dr Joe Sullivan, whose conference biography boasted that he was: "...CEOP's former Principal Forensic Physiologist, one of the foremost global experts on offender character and behaviour, the principal developer of the Behavioural Analysis Unit and adviser on major police enquiries including the Madeleine McCann investigation...  

A third of the 5 keynote speakers was Mark Williams-Thomas, the self-proclaimed expert on child sex offenders who has pontificated on the Madeleine McCann case many times. He famously said that the abductions of Madeleine McCann in 2007 and 8-year-old Portuguese girl Joana Cipriano in 2005 had 'remarkable parallels', apparently being unaware that when he made this idiotic remark, Joana's mother and uncle were already two years into 16-year jail terms for the brutal murder of Joana. Incidentally, in his 'Glimpse CSA' conference biography, he modestly described himself as ,quote: "TV presenter, criminologist, child protection expert and former detective; the man who unmasked Jimmy Savile as one the UK's worst predatory paedophiles".

It does seem remarkable that 3 out of 5 keynote speakers at a Child Sexual Abuse Conference should all have such a very close connection with the McCann case, especially since, after 7 years of investigations costing tens of millions, we have no idea whether she was a victim of child sexual abuse or not. 

Perhaps Jim Gamble recommended that the McCanns be cleared through a review and that they should approach it as if the abduction had taken place in the UK.  

REPLY: Possibly he did

I cannot find any reasonable or logical explanation for Kate and Gerry to have pushed so hard for a review.  It made no sense, unless they already knew what the outcome would be.

As you say, Theresa May would not give them what they wanted, reaffirmed by Kate herself in the November 2010 fundraising campaign.  It seemed as if Plan A for the McCanns was to launch a new campaign with petition and Paypal button, that would continue forever more, as Theresa May was never going to give the review the go ahead.

REPLY: Indeed, I had also forgotten that; in fact wasn't the petition - which rapidly gained over 100,00 signatures - yet another attempt to 'bounce' Theresa May into giving in to their request for a review. And again it failed to move her. I am wondering, Chatelaine, if you have perhaps forgotten all this?  

Via the Leveson Enquiry we heard that Rebekah Brooks 'threatened' to put Theresa May's photograph on the front page of the Sun every day until the McCanns were granted a review.  Why did she need to do this?  We know that RB and DC were horse riding buddies and part of the same social set, so it is quite likely that the deal had been done before the letters appeared on the front page of the Sun.  Why then did News International put pressure on one of DC's Ministers? Was it all showmanship to justify the cost of the review?

REPLY: Good questions, to which I would add one more: why did the British Prime Minister gave way to Rebekah?

I doubt there is any love lost between Theresa May and Jim Gamble.  She went ahead with the changes to CEOP that she wanted regardless of his objections

REPLY: Theresa May ended up saying 'NO' to both Gamble and the McCanns.  

____________________

                            "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13971
Reputation : 2146
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rupert Murdoch bags coverage of new Pope in 3D making two previous Popes into saints - on 27 April 2014

Post by Cristobell on 06.04.14 0:30

Curiouser and curiouser Tony and I have found some interesting reading on Dr. Joe Sullivan too.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id354.html

Cristobell

Posts : 2436
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-10-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rupert Murdoch bags coverage of new Pope in 3D making two previous Popes into saints - on 27 April 2014

Post by aiyoyo on 06.04.14 6:36

Châtelaine wrote:I cannot for the life of me find the link again to Theresa May's reply to an FOI, which made clear that  a review was  already in the offering BEFORE McCanns/Brooks/Cameron "blackmail" ...

It was not TM's reply to FOI, but MET's reply to FOI using Theresa May's letter to them; said letter can be sighted on Mccann Files website.

I don't know how to C&P letter in PDF format, but here's the link:
foirequest120511a.jpg
foirequest120511b.jpg

If someone can post it up in text form that would be useful.

The coincidence of dates are of interest to note.
Mccanns' letter to Cameon is dated 11 May 2011, 
Cameron's letter to Mccanns is dated 12 May 2011, 
Theresa May letter request to Sir Paul Stephenson to conduct the Review is also dated 12 May 2011 (MET used this letter for their FOI reply as above referenced).

Because of the close date proximity of Mccanns and Cameron letters coinciding on parallel date announcement in the Press, it would be of interest to know how the Mccanns learned of the Review; as in did they receive Cameron's letter ahead of the Press announcement ?

If someone can put up the three letters side by side it is apparent the Review was not taken at the behest of Mccanns.
Rather at the behest of the Portuguese, the Home Office had made a decision to accede to Portuguese request to rope in MET to help the Portuguese Review.
A mole (Coulson? Cameron?) in No 10 told Brooks about No. 10 imminent Review announcement, in turn Brooks used this to play the Mccanns at their own game.

Brooks' acting as middle man killed two birds with one stone, managing to fool the Mccanns when in reality her intervention helped Cameron secured a reason for the Review, which otherwise would have been hard for Cameron to justify without Mccanns' letter.
It's patently clear the Mccanns were pawns used ruthlessly by Brooks and No 10 for their respective purpose.  

It's less clear whether Brooks achieved a coup in this one, or had she been used by No 10 without realizing it, just like the Mccanns were used by her without realizing it?

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rupert Murdoch bags coverage of new Pope in 3D making two previous Popes into saints - on 27 April 2014

Post by tigger on 06.04.14 8:29

thumbsup 

Great post! You're on fire, Aiyoyo!

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8112
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rupert Murdoch bags coverage of new Pope in 3D making two previous Popes into saints - on 27 April 2014

Post by Guest on 06.04.14 10:10

Receive my eternal gratitude, Ayoyo    roses 
I've been going bananas, trying to find that letter again!
And I subscribe to your theory. Thanks again.

I cannot C&P or re-format the jpegs, but have written out the first two paragraphs of the letter:

Theresa May to Sir Paul Stephenson on 12th May 2011.

As you will be aware, it is now some four years since Madeleine McCann went missing, and while the Portuguese authorities retain the lead responsibility in the search for Madeleine, we have continued to liaise with the Portuguese authorities, as appropriate, to ensure that everything feasible is done to progress the investigation into Madeleine’s disappearance.

Following discussion between our Ambassador in Lisbon and the Portuguese Judicial Police, the Government received an offer of co-operation with the police here. The purpose of this letter is to request that the Metropolitan Police Service take up that offer in view of the exceptional circumstances of the case. This request is supported by the Prime Minister.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Rupert Murdoch bags coverage of new Pope in 3D making two previous Popes into saints - on 27 April 2014

Post by plebgate on 06.04.14 10:15

Agree Tigger, Aiyoyo is a good poster on the forum.

plebgate

Posts : 5444
Reputation : 1159
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rupert Murdoch bags coverage of new Pope in 3D making two previous Popes into saints - on 27 April 2014

Post by Tony Bennett on 06.04.14 12:16

Chatelaine wrote:

“… the link again to Theresa May's reply to an FOI, which made clear that a review was already in the offering BEFORE McCanns/Brooks/Cameron "blackmail"…

REPLY: Thank you aiyoyo for posting the FOI letter from Theresa May to Sir Paul Stephenson, then Head of the Met, dated 12 May 2011.  Contrary to your assertion, Chatelaine, the letter does NOT say that a review was ‘in the offing’, or ‘on offer’.

The letter merely says that “we [i.e. the Home Office] have continued to liaise with the Portuguese authorities…”

It goes on to say: “the Government received an offer of co-operation with  the police here”, i.e. an offer by the Portuguese authorities to co-operate with the British police. Significantly, it does not say when the Home Office asked for co-operation, nor when the Portuguese said they would be happy to co-operate.

The letter goes on to suggest that ‘constructive engagement with the Portuguese authorities’…’could include a review’.         

Chatelaine later wrote:

“She stated, that there had been diplomatic [again IIRC] exchanges for some time and that the case would be OPENED in the U.K ... following this discourse”.

REPLY: That interpretation is NOT supported by the letter aiyoyo has found.

aiyoyo wrote:

“Because of the close date proximity of McCanns and Cameron letters coinciding on parallel date announcement in the press, it would be of interest to know how the McCanns learned of the Review…”

REPLY: They were (officially) told of the review on 12 May, at the same time that the Sun boasted that it had helped to obtain the review which Theresa May had been refusing for months to order.

aiyoyo also wrote:
“If someone can put up the three letters side by side it is apparent the review was not taken at the behest of McCanns. Rather at the behest of the Portuguese, the Home Office had made a decision to accede to Portuguese request to rope in Met to help the Portuguese Review”.

REPLY: The wording of the Home Office letter does not support your interpretation.

aiyoyo also wrote:  

“A mole (Coulson? Cameron?) in No 10 told Brooks about No. 10 imminent Review announcement, in turn Brooks used this to play the Mccanns at their own game”.

REPLY: I’m sorry, I don’t follow on what basis you make that speculation. I see no evidence for it at all.

aiyoyo also wrote:

“Brooks' acting as middle man killed two birds with one stone, managing to fool the McCanns when in reality her intervention helped Cameron secure a reason for the teview, which otherwise would have been hard for Cameron to justify without McCanns' letter.

“It's patently clear the McCanns were pawns used ruthlessly by Brooks and No 10 for their respective purpose”.

REPLY:  Sorry, aiyoyo, it’s not ‘patently clear' to me. Even Lord Leveson questioned Rebekah Brooks about whether she ’threatened’ the Prime Minister in order to get a review; Brooks conceded the use of the word ‘persuaded’. Do you seriously think the McCanns were ‘fooled’ into writing their letter of 11 May (below)? All the evidence we have suggests that Theresa May was ‘bounced’ into this decision by fellow horse riding mates Brooks & Cameron. Doesn't it?   


Let us now look at the McCanns’ letter, 11 May 2011, asking for a review.

The relevant parts of their letter say:  

Dear Prime Minister

Our beloved eldest child, Madeleine, was abducted from Praia da Luz, Portugal, four years ago…Today we are asking you – and the British and Portuguese governments – to help find Madeleine and bring her back to her loving family…One call might be all that is needed to lead to Madeleine and her abductor. To this end, we are seeking a joint INDEPENDENT, TRANSPARENT and COMPREHENSIVE review of ALL information held in relation to Madeleine's disappearance. Thus far, there has been NO formal review of the material held by the police authorities…”

There is no hint in their letter that they are already aware that  a review is ‘in the offing’. On the contrary, as Cristobell has reminded us, the McCanns were throwing everything into a highly-publicised campaign, including an online petition, to get Theresa May to change her mind. Up until the choreographed ‘dance’ between Rebekah Brooks, the Sun, David Cameron ,Theresa May and Sir Paul Stephenson on 11 & 12 May, no review was in prospect.

I suggest that this elaborate dance was prompted by Rebekah’s threatening ‘phone calls to David Cameron.
The evidence for this is well set out in HideHo’s YouTube video on the subject, which includes highly relevant clips of the BBC's Richard Bilton explaining how a number of sources have informed him that Cameron was indeed leaned on - and in turn caused Theresa May, or, rather, forced her, to change her decision:

HideHo's video (6 mins) is well worth another look: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZiCERG_-xc

____________________

                            "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13971
Reputation : 2146
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rupert Murdoch bags coverage of new Pope in 3D making two previous Popes into saints - on 27 April 2014

Post by Cristobell on 06.04.14 13:18

The Portuguese Review opened without any fanfare or posturing by the McCanns, afaif there were no organised efforts in Portugal to put pressure on the government for the PJ to review the case, and in fact the first we heard about it (officially) was when the UK review was opened.  

Which review came first? And did one instigate the opening of the other?  It may be people in authority in the UK got wind of Portugal reviewing the files and the UK review was hastily put in place to counter anything negative that may turn up.  The UK press have certainly played their part in maintaining that it was the incompetence of the original PJ investigation that has led to this mystery to remain unsolved and they are obliging the McCanns by regularly producing swarthy suspects to point the finger at.  

Hang on, I'm making a case for a whitewash here, lol, which isn't really my intention as I don't believe it is, though of course anything is possible with this bizarre and fascinating case.  

Giving the characters of all the main players, it becomes difficult to see who is double crossing who.  Rebekah couldn't lose in the McCann case, whatever the outcome, there would be a boost in tabloid sales - she had every reason to befriend the McCanns, there is no better view from a newspaper's perspective, than that of an insider.   I'm no fan of David Cameron's, but he does seem to be flushing out the sins of the past, not least by giving the go ahead to the Leveson Enquiry and putting Rupert Murdoch 'in the dock'.  Carrying on from that his good pal, Rebekah is now on trial, and if he couldn't/wouldn't save her, why would he save Kate and Gerry?

Cristobell

Posts : 2436
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-10-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rupert Murdoch bags coverage of new Pope in 3D making two previous Popes into saints - on 27 April 2014

Post by aiyoyo on 06.04.14 14:13

@ TB

The letter taken in totality read to me as it was the Portuguese who asked for MET cooperation and not the other way around.

If that was the case, I think Rebekah Brooks was played at. At that time I believe Coulson was still working at No 10.
She got her serialisation and No. 10 got Mccanns letter to justify the Review to the Public, quid pro quo.





aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rupert Murdoch bags coverage of new Pope in 3D making two previous Popes into saints - on 27 April 2014

Post by Cristobell on 06.04.14 14:29

@aiyoyo wrote:@ TB

The letter taken in totality read to me as it was the Portuguese who asked for MET cooperation and not the other way around.

If that was the case, I think Rebekah Brooks was played at.  At that time I believe Coulson was still working at No 10.
She got her serialisation and No. 10 got Mccanns letter to justify the Review to the Public, quid pro quo.





I don't think Rebekah was played by anyone Aiyoyo, she is a very shrewd lady, though granted, she was not shrewd enough to avoid ending up in the dock.  I get the impression she is a passionate woman in every sense, who sometimes allows her heart to rule her head, but her business skills are sound. The rest of that paragraph is spot on imo.  

The Review has extended the tabloid life of the Maddie story by 3 years thus far, and the 'biggest' story is yet to come.  Hopefully this time round, media moguls and innocent citizens will not be forced by law to contribute to the McCann Stay out of Jail Fund.

Cristobell

Posts : 2436
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-10-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rupert Murdoch bags coverage of new Pope in 3D making two previous Popes into saints - on 27 April 2014

Post by Woofer on 06.04.14 14:30

@Cristobell wrote:The Portuguese Review opened without any fanfare or posturing by the McCanns, afaif there were no organised efforts in Portugal to put pressure on the government for the PJ to review the case, and in fact the first we heard about it (officially) was when the UK review was opened.  

Which review came first? And did one instigate the opening of the other?  It may be people in authority in the UK got wind of Portugal reviewing the files and the UK review was hastily put in place to counter anything negative that may turn up.  The UK press have certainly played their part in maintaining that it was the incompetence of the original PJ investigation that has led to this mystery to remain unsolved and they are obliging the McCanns by regularly producing swarthy suspects to point the finger at.  

Hang on, I'm making a case for a whitewash here, lol, which isn't really my intention as I don't believe it is, though of course anything is possible with this bizarre and fascinating case.  

Giving the characters of all the main players, it becomes difficult to see who is double crossing who.  Rebekah couldn't lose in the McCann case, whatever the outcome, there would be a boost in tabloid sales - she had every reason to befriend the McCanns, there is no better view from a newspaper's perspective, than that of an insider.   I'm no fan of David Cameron's, but he does seem to be flushing out the sins of the past, not least by giving the go ahead to the Leveson Enquiry and putting Rupert Murdoch 'in the dock'.  Carrying on from that his good pal, Rebekah is now on trial, and if he couldn't/wouldn't save her, why would he save Kate and Gerry?

I clearly remember that the Portuguese review commenced about 3 months before the SY one, but goodness knows where I read it now.  I have a dig around.  I think it commenced in the March.

____________________
The constant assertion of belief is an indication of fear - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Woofer

Posts : 3390
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2012-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum