The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Jill Havern
Forum owner

White Flags

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: White Flags

Post by HelenMeg on 02.04.14 10:29

@Mirage wrote:HelenMeg wrote:

He seems to be one of those individuals who always has to prove himself - through status, status symbols,  - as if he craves one thing and one thing only - respect. Because of this need for respect - he could never slink off into the background regarding this case, he always has to re-emerge into the limelight:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Are you trying to break it to us gently HelenMeg - that there is aab-soo-lutely noooh evidence that Geraldo is going to retire quietly into the background? God help us all, he could try a singing career next with the T7 and the government of the day as his backing group..

R-E-S-P-E-C-T. find out what it means to me

Oh (sock it to me, sock it to me,
sock it to me, sock it to me
)
A little respect (sock it to me, sock it to me,
sock it to me, sock it to me
)
Whoa, babe (just a little bit)
A little respect (just a little bit)
I get tired (just a little bit)
Keep on tryin' (just a little bit)
You're runnin' out of foolin' (just a little bit)
And I ain't lyin' (just a little bit)
(re, re, re, re) 'spect

No babe, even though he's tired he's gonna keep on tryin'. He ain't run out of foolin'.. And he sure ain't lying - as  ace music industry manager Clearance B Snitch-All told fans and backers yesterday.

Geraldo and the Pacemakers?? Old Clearnance  likes to put a spin on the improbable. Go for it Gerry. More offers to mismanage you for another decade will pour in and decrease your popularity beyond your wildest dreams. Go for it - leave no phone unspurned[/quote]

I hope Geraldo the Pacemaker doesne read this! You are giving him ideas.  We dont want him crooning at us

HelenMeg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on 02.04.14 15:41

@tigger wrote:J.rob wrote:
Kate could have written, for instance: "At nursery she talked about it the whole time." Or even just have omitted that sentence completely. And then contrast the tone and connotation of: "She was full of it" with the kindly and mothering tone implied in the reported speech from the nannies: 'Someone can't wait for their holiday!'
Unquote

Imo they didn't talk to their  children much. We have no reports at all of the funny things children say. i have a nephew of just two. i'm finally finding him interesting  because he's talking and I could carry on these weird conversations with him all day.
That amazing enthusiasm of these little people, it's such fun. None of that comes across with the McCanns.

As far as that journey goes, I believe they were petrified Maddie  had been found.
I agree. They definitely did seem disconnected. However, on reflection, the "full of it" comment, as others have pointed out, could be interpreted in more benign ways. Although, personally I would never use it as, to my mind, it is very derogatory and dismissive. But obviously in different settings and contexts, it could be viewed in a different light.

j.rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on 02.04.14 16:12

Ladyinred wrote:It's heartbreaking reading that paragraph, j.rob.  Kate really does resent Madeleine - using words such as "attacked" to describe the behaviour of a 2+ year old, quite inappropriate and lacking sensitivity.  Did she really give birth to her?  After reading about G's sister, Jacqueline, and the puzzle about MBM being a Ward of Court (I do not understand why), IMO perhaps Kate isn't her biological mother.

BCB, what part of Wales did you hear the phrase, "full of it"?

The word 'attack' is an interesting choice, I agree. An 18 month year old child can hardly make much of an attack (or a few months older, depending on how long Kate breast fed for). It just seems like such a no-brainer for this well-educated couple who were not hard up to elect not to get some help with child-care in the early days. It's incredibly demanding looking after babies and very young children. 

My own theory on this is that Gerry's pockets are fairly sown up. According to Kate, Gerry was one of five children and he grew up in a one-bedroom tenement, with the occasional 'lodger' with nowhere else to go who was offered a berth on the floor, so 'wee Gerry' was often entrusted to the care of his elder siblings.

I am just wondering if this very austere background of Gerrys went some way to explaining the McCann's strange aversion to hiring a babysitter or using an evening creche on holiday, despite not being poor by any standards? And not getting any extra help even though, for most people, looking after new-born twins and an 18 month year old would be incredibly challenging. 

Actually, I can now see that Kate's friend Amanda, (page 38, Madeleine) who I do believe was also their cleaner, came in for a few hours each day during the week so Kate had a few hours free for chores and to collect Madeleine from nursery.

And on the few occasions they went out, 'Uncle Brian and Auntie Janet would babysit.'

Nevertheless, given that this was a professional couple with Gerry working as a consultant and Kate some of the time working as a GP, their child-care arrangements were pretty spartan. Many couples in this type of situation would have hired a nanny, if they had not been able to fall back on family help. Or possibly day nurseries, at least some of the time. But obviously these options (apart from family, if you are lucky) are expensive.

Nevertheless, f there is anything behind Amaral's suggestion that the McCanns considered handing over Madeleine's care to a relative, it does raise extremely interesting questions. 

Just wondering if it was because Gerry resented spending money on things that were not connected with advancing his career, advancing his social life or his sports?

Just a theory.

j.rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on 02.04.14 16:15

My own theory on this is that Gerry's pockets are fairly sown up. According to Kate, Gerry was one of five children and he grew up in a one-bedroom tenement, with the occasional 'lodger' with nowhere else to go who was offered a berth on the floor, so 'wee Gerry' was often entrusted to the care of his elder siblings.

The miod does boggle over these living arrangements.

j.rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 02.04.14 16:26

Imo any expenses that didn't either show their social position as they would have liked it to be would be scrapped. children's clothes, minimal expenditures.
But a bit of swagger by giving the priest who married them a set of St.Andrews golf clubs was no problem, although I'd think that to be over the top.
I've also read that they liked to go out for meals in upmarket places - had many weekends away, so that strikes me as trying to live the way they'd like to. However, Maddie seems often to have been with family, hence the curious CW remark that they miss her most on family occasions.

But to get in touch with the social circle you'd like to belong to, one needs to look as if one is already there.

Rothley golf club won't have comecheap either.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 02.04.14 16:27

Sorry - double posted

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

white flag

Post by mariola on 02.04.14 16:37

Ladyinred wrote:
@mariola wrote:Gerry sounds very effeminate  to native glaswegians.Maybe he has testosterone issues.

As he has Irish parents he would have grown up acquiring their speech patterns and accents, so perhaps he speaks with a combination of accents which makes him sound different to native Glaswegians.

He sounds whiny to me.
not so lady in red.his mother was born in glasgow.yes his voice is whiny.(DELETED)?That could be relevant evidence when the trial starts.It,s part of the circumstantial evidence that helps explain g and k behavior.

This was already deleted by NFWTD this morning mariola, so why repeat it.  Please take note of what the moderators say........thanks

mariola

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 02.04.14 16:49

@tigger wrote:Imo any expenses that didn't either show their social position as they would have liked it to be would be scrapped. children's clothes, minimal expenditures.  
But a bit of  swagger by giving the priest who married them a set of St.Andrews golf clubs was no problem, although I'd think that to be over the top.
I've also read that they liked to go out for meals in upmarket places - had many weekends away, so that strikes me as  trying to live the way they'd like to. However, Maddie seems often to have been with family, hence the curious CW remark that they miss her most on family occasions.

But to get in touch with the social circle you'd like to belong to, one needs to look as if one is already there

Exactly, tigger, and it would be of vital importance to wee Gerry to look as if he'd arrived rather than be perceived by others as still waiting for the bus to leave the Gorbals. 

Unfortunately for Mr Tiny Tears, whatever bus he caught would never deposit him at the destination he set out to reach.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

white

Post by mariola on 02.04.14 17:38

With all due respect candyfloss,i was  simply pointing out that if the wee bairn was not of the seed of gerry then this may explain a more callous attitude in regards to dispossing of a body.kind regards

mariola

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 02.04.14 17:42

@mariola wrote:With all due respect candyfloss,i was  simply pointing out that if the wee bairn was not of the seed of gerry then this may explain a more callous attitude in regards to dispossing of a body.kind regards
Sometimes, Mariola ... sometimes, we have to believe what comes out in official reports. In this case those of the FSS stating, that the DNA from the Rothley Pillow case was of a natural female child of both Gerry and Kate McCann and it wasn't Amelie's. If that's not truthful, it's going to hit hard on the forensics and those responsible for faked evidence!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 02.04.14 17:47

@mariola wrote:With all due respect candyfloss,i was  simply pointing out that if the wee bairn was not of the seed of gerry then this may explain a more callous attitude in regards to dispossing of a body.kind regards

You made a statement of fact, which is not fact - so please be careful with your wording!

Back to top Go down

Post by MissesWillYa on 02.04.14 17:51

I'm much more skeptical of the maternity of the children than I am the paternity. IMO, Madeleine and Sean look just like Gerry and his side of the family.

MissesWillYa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by petunia on 02.04.14 23:57

@tigger wrote:Imo any expenses that didn't either show their social position as they would have liked it to be would be scrapped. children's clothes, minimal expenditures.  
But a bit of  swagger by giving the priest who married them a set of St.Andrews golf clubs was no problem, although I'd think that to be over the top.
I've also read that they liked to go out for meals in upmarket places - had many weekends away, so that strikes me as  trying to live the way they'd like to. However, Maddie seems often to have been with family, hence the curious CW remark that they miss her most on family occasions.

But to get in touch with the social circle you'd like to belong to, one needs to look as if one is already there.

Absolutely tigger i have a relative who bestows the finest of everything on themselves regardless of the cost..look at me and my expesnive phone,expensive 50 inc tv expensive car etc etc people must think i am loaded, me me me me..And if the my kids have bugger all why is that my fault self first,self last and self if there is anything left over.

petunia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 03.04.14 9:11

Do you know my brother, petunia?  titter 

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum