The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Medical Professionals who kill.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Medical Professionals who kill.

Post by whmon on 29.03.14 20:22

Shipman, Allitt, now Chua and indeed you will find many other medical staff if you google 'Drs and nurses who kill'. Are some people drawn to the medical professions in the way that paedophiles are drawn to child associated jobs? It would appear so. So much then for the public belief that the Mccanns couldn't possibly be guilty of anything as they were doctors.

This is a little article in 'Psychology Today' written a while back urging medical professionals to watch their peers.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/shadow-boxing/201204/when-nurses-kill

This message is confidential and the information must not be used, disclosed, or copied to any other person who is not entitled to receive it. If you have received this message in error please notify the sender and then delete it.

whmon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Medical Professionals who kill.

Post by Guest on 29.03.14 20:31

I've been wondering about my dentist recently.  I'm certain he's a sadist.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29.03.14 20:32

Ladyinred wrote:I've been wondering about my dentist recently.  I'm certain he's a sadist.
 spit coffee 

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 29.03.14 20:36

dantezebu wrote:
Ladyinred wrote:I've been wondering about my dentist recently.  I'm certain he's a sadist.
 spit coffee 
That's just made me belly laugh. Thank you.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29.03.14 20:37

Seriously, think about it.  You're trapped in that awful chair, needles, syringes, cold air coming at you from all directions, blinding light...

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 29.03.14 20:48

Ladyinred wrote:Seriously, think about it.  You're trapped in that awful chair, needles, syringes, cold air coming at you from all directions, blinding light...
and then they give you the bill.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whmon on 29.03.14 20:50

I annoyed my dentist recently by refusing canal treatment because I 'didn't believe it was necessary' and also by telling him I was using a miracle product from the USA. I had a tooth pulled last week and I almost shot out of my chair with pain.

This message is confidential and the information must not be used, disclosed, or copied to any other person who is not entitled to receive it. If you have received this message in error please notify the sender and then delete it.

whmon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29.03.14 20:50

Yes, that kills me!

(In response to Aquila).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29.03.14 20:52

@whmon wrote:I annoyed my dentist recently by refusing canal treatment because I 'didn't believe it was necessary' and also by telling him I was using a miracle product from the USA. I had a tooth pulled last week and I almost shot out of my chair with pain.

Yes, whmon, was that the product you mentioned a few months ago - I must look it up again.  I had a tooth pulled four years ago and I still cannot look at the gap.

I'm in need of trauma counselling  smilie

Better not say anymore - dentist might be reading.

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 29.03.14 20:54

Ladyinred wrote:Yes, that kills me!
Don't be afraid of the dentist. Nothing they do to you hurts - apart from their fees.  big grin

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whmon on 29.03.14 20:54

Ladyinred wrote:
@whmon wrote:I annoyed my dentist recently by refusing canal treatment because I 'didn't believe it was necessary' and also by telling him I was using a miracle product from the USA. I had a tooth pulled last week and I almost shot out of my chair with pain.

Yes, whmon, was that the product you mentioned a few months ago - I must look it up again.  I had a tooth pulled four years ago and I still cannot look at the gap.

I'm in need of trauma counselling  smilie

It was the product I mentioned yes. I will never stop using it.

whmon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29.03.14 20:56

But it didn't prevent you having a tooth extracted?

Back to top Go down

Post by whmon on 29.03.14 20:59

Ladyinred wrote:But it didn't prevent you having a tooth removed?

The product protects the gums which is where I have a problem. The tooth was removed because I cracked it.

whmon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 29.03.14 21:02

Have I missed something here. Are we now speaking of dentists who kill?

titter

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whmon on 29.03.14 21:12

@aquila wrote:Have I missed something here. Are we now speaking of dentists who kill?

titter

I've just googled that and apparently there are some!

whmon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 29.03.14 21:22

As we're now on the topic of dentists, I'd like to tell a story from way back. My son had an extremely bad experience at the dentist. He was subsequently terrified to go back.

I changed his dentist (Mr Beak wherever you are I love you for what you did). I went into the surgery with my son, he sat in the chair (five years old) and went into hysterics and sheer heart breaking terror. Mr. Beak removed him from the chair immediately, told him that he was going to show him what would happen and sat me in the chair. Mr Beak then squirted me with the water gun and invited my son to do the same. Mr Beak used that suction thingy to contort my face and invited my son to do the same. My son has never been afraid of the dentist since. The laughter killed the fear.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29.03.14 21:25

Aquila, I will remember your funny story at my next dental appointment in a few weeks.  Hopefully, it will help relax me.

Mr. Beak the dentist, lovely!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobs on 29.03.14 21:30

Being the incredibly nosy hobs that i am i ask people how they got into the job they are doing,i explain i can never understand why people become dentists (tombstone teeth) podiatrists (clawed and smelly tootsies) proctologist and gynaecologists (i am not even going there) It fascinates me how they end up doing what they do. Some because it runs in the family (is that how your dad met your mom?) others kind of fall into it, it was what was available training wise and some go via all sorts of stuff. One of my hairdressers (think blonde freddie mercury) was doing my hair for his sins and i asked him how he ended up as a hairdresser. he said well i started out studying forensic science and helped my aunt out at her salon at weekends and this seemed more fun. I said that's one hell of a leap. What surprises me most is people, even total strangers will open up to me when i start chatting about nothing in particular and tell me their darkest secrets and hopes etc, when all i said was what crappy weather we are having. I guess it's because i show a genuine interest and i listen to what they say ( even when it's a wrong number calling me) I spend many a happy hour watching the world go by and chit chatting to total strangers pausing for a break or when they are looking at something on a shelf.

Hobs

View user profile http://tania-cadogan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 29.03.14 21:33

Ladyinred wrote:Aquila, I will remember your funny story at my next dental appointment in a few weeks.  Hopefully, it will help relax me.

Mr. Beak the dentist, lovely!
I've had doctors called Blunt and Payne - I always giggled at the thought of them marrying and forming a double barrel surname.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whmon on 29.03.14 21:40

@Hobs wrote:Being the incredibly nosy hobs that i am i ask people how they got into the job they are doing,i explain i can never understand why people become dentists (tombstone teeth) podiatrists (clawed and smelly tootsies) proctologist and gynaecologists (i am not even going there) It fascinates me how they end up doing what they do. Some because it runs in the family (is that how your dad met your mom?) others kind of fall into it, it was what was available training wise and some go via all sorts of stuff. One of my hairdressers (think blonde freddie mercury) was doing my hair for his sins and i asked him how he ended up as a hairdresser. he said well i started out studying forensic science and helped my aunt out at her salon at weekends and this seemed more fun. I said that's one hell of a leap. What surprises me most is people, even total strangers will open up to me when i start chatting about nothing in particular and tell me their darkest secrets and hopes etc, when all i said was what crappy weather we are having. I guess it's because i show a genuine interest and i listen to what they say ( even when it's a wrong number calling me) I spend many a happy hour watching the world go by and chit chatting to total strangers pausing for a break or when they are looking at something on a shelf.

I so much want to click onto a 'like' button here. Admin - can we please have 'like' buttons?

whmon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29.03.14 21:42

@Hobs wrote:[...] I spend many a happy hour watching the world go by and chit chatting to total strangers pausing for a break or when they are looking at something on a shelf.
And see a can of beans fall down ... ?

Spaß beiseite: I don't ask questions, yet people tend to tell me the story of their life, their expectations, their worries. I listen. And sometimes can proffer/suggest an advice ...
If you're ever in the neck of my woods, you're welcome. I think, we might have a good time  yes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29.03.14 21:46

@Hobs wrote:Being the incredibly nosy hobs that i am i ask people how they got into the job they are doing,i explain i can never understand why people become dentists (tombstone teeth) podiatrists (clawed and smelly tootsies) proctologist and gynaecologists (i am not even going there) It fascinates me how they end up doing what they do. Some because it runs in the family (is that how your dad met your mom?) others kind of fall into it, it was what was available training wise and some go via all sorts of stuff. One of my hairdressers (think blonde freddie mercury) was doing my hair for his sins and i asked him how he ended up as a hairdresser. he said well i started out studying forensic science and helped my aunt out at her salon at weekends and this seemed more fun. I said that's one hell of a leap. What surprises me most is people, even total strangers will open up to me when i start chatting about nothing in particular and tell me their darkest secrets and hopes etc, when all i said was what crappy weather we are having. I guess it's because i show a genuine interest and i listen to what they say ( even when it's a wrong number calling me) I spend many a happy hour watching the world go by and chit chatting to total strangers pausing for a break or when they are looking at something on a shelf.

Hobs, I'd never heard of a proctologist before so I've just googled it. 

All these professions carry out important and essential work for our health and well-being and I have utmost respect for them (and dentists).

Hobs, I always enjoy your posts, fascinating reads, thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 29.03.14 22:57

From this article Surgeons rank high on the psychopath scale but doctors and nurses low.

http://www.policymic.com/articles/72653/these-are-the-10-most-psychopathic-jobs-in-america

Interesting that Clergy, TV/Media and Lawyers rank high as psychopaths.

A ranking compiled by Oxford psychologist Kevin Dutton, author of The Wisdom of Psychopaths: What Saints, Spies, and Serial Killers Can Teach Us About Success, suggests that lawyers, CEOs, and TV/Media top the list for professions chosen by psychopaths. Conversely, care aids, nurses, and therapists are the least psychopathic professions. 

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whmon on 29.03.14 23:25

I am top on the left of that list but I am not a killer. I get annoyed sometimes but I could never, ever kill somebody. I even rescue dogs that are on the 'kill list' and give them a nice home. Well two of them anyway. big grin

whmon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum