The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

More Mirror Tripe - Page 2 Mm11

More Mirror Tripe - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

More Mirror Tripe - Page 2 Mm11

More Mirror Tripe - Page 2 Regist10

More Mirror Tripe

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

More Mirror Tripe - Page 2 Empty Re: More Mirror Tripe

Post by Guest 20.04.14 11:36

... or a friend of my hairdresser said ...  big grin 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by diatribe 20.04.14 12:03

aquila wrote:
I doubt the proletariat want shite written about a missing child and yes I can blame the tabloids for writing this crap.
We're going to have to agree tp disagree on this issue, Aquila. At the end of the day, tabloids are not benevolent, charitable organisations, they are business conglomerates looking to attract advertisers. Its all about supply and demand, if their readers(I use the word 'readers' euphemistically) no longer wished to absorb this crap, they'd rapidly desist from printing it.

I will however agree about a missing child story being distasteful, but tabloid patrons have long since ceased to regard this ongoing saga as having anything to do with a missing child and merely view it as Eastenders on the Algarve, or an addition to one of their other favourite soaps.
diatribe

Activity : 608

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 20.04.14 12:15

diatribe wrote:
aquila wrote:
I doubt the proletariat want shite written about a missing child and yes I can blame the tabloids for writing this crap.
We're going to have to agree tp disagree on this issue, Aquila. At the end of the day, tabloids are not benevolent, charitable organisations, they are business conglomerates looking to attract advertisers. Its all about supply and demand, if their readers(I use the word 'readers' euphemistically) no longer wished to absorb this crap, they'd rapidly desist from printing it.

I will however agree about a missing child story being distasteful, but tabloid patrons have long since ceased to regard this ongoing saga as having anything to do with a missing child, but merely view it as Eastenders on the Algarve, or an addition to one of their other favourite soaps.
How does that work then when there's only newspaper in UK on Easter Sunday has chosen Madeleine as its headline?
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 20.04.14 12:30

Another Sunday, another suspect in the case of Missing Madeleine.  Unfortunately, all the suspects have been round the block several times, and changing suspects on a weekly basis, doesn't really help the credibility of the abduction story.  

With these latest suspects (rechurned from last year according to clip from Petermac), are we to believe that 3 years into review/investigation, they have only just started to look at the occupants of the other flats in the apartment block?  That these obvious persons of interest have been overlooked by the original investigation, all the private detectives hired by the McCanns and the full forces of the PJ and SY is unbelievable.  I see the heartbroken couple have commented on the uncooperative 5, but I feel its 7 years too late.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by diatribe 20.04.14 12:32

I don't know, Aquila, I don't peruse the broadsheets, never mind tabloids. Since the advent of the internet, I no longer even refer to them for the cricket scores. Maybe the Mirror has an even more dumbed down and depraved following than the Sun et al.

Here's a link to an interesting film documenting how the media works.

http://www.tubeplus.me/player/405641/Outfoxed%3A_Rupert_Murdoch%92s_War_on_Journalism/
diatribe

Back to top Go down

Post by diatribe 20.04.14 13:10

Cristobell wrote:.  I see the heartbroken couple have commented on the uncooperative 5,

Shouldn't that be 7, Christobell. roll
diatribe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.04.14 13:20

Or 9?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by diatribe 20.04.14 13:42

Châtelaine wrote:Or 9?

But then they'd have to be commenting on themselves, Chatelaine, No FT, no comment. big grin
diatribe

Back to top Go down

More Mirror Tripe - Page 2 Empty british-media-slammed-for-“rehashing”-madeleine-stories

Post by PeterMac 21.04.14 14:57

http://portugalresident.com/british-media-slammed-for-“rehashing”-madeleine-stories
Posted by jomad on April 20, 2014
British media slammed for “rehashing” Madeleine stories

As the 7th Madeleine disappearance anniversary approaches, a British newspaper has been slammed for publishing an ‘old story’ masquerading as a new lead.

The Daily Mirror reported on Saturday that detectives “working hard” on Operation Grange are trying to trace five mystery Britons who owned flats in the block in Praia da Luz from which Madeleine vanished on May 3, 2007.
It is a story that first appeared in 2013, in the same paper - although then detectives were only looking for FOUR apartment owners.
Said one critic, a retired British policeman who has been closely following the Metropolitan Police investigation since it began nearly three years ago: “Is this really the sum total of another year’s ‘hard work’?
“Has Scotland Yard spent another million, eight more visits to the PJ and a whole year - NOT finding out who owns those apartments? Honestly?”
According to the policeman, the source for this latest rehash story - “as well as all the others that have preceded it” - is the McCann’s press spokesman, Clarence Mitchell.
In 2008, Mitchell was described by former Portuguese police federation chief Carlos Anjos as a man who “lies with as many teeth as he has in his head”.
“Mitchell is still clearly in charge of this rubbish”, the retired policeman told Algarve Resident. “Why does no one expose him?”
This latest criticism came on the same day that the Algarve Resident received a call from local people in Luz asking us NOT to make any reference to the looming anniversary of Madeleine’s disappearance.
“Every year it is the same”, the principal caller complained. “We are really appealing to you to not carry anything on the day. Just let it pass. If things go on as they are, newspapers will still be writing about this story in 25 years time!”
It is a valid point, but as a recent story on attitudes in Praia da Luz showed (see our printed edition of April 2, or http://portugalresident.com/%E2%80%98please-help-luz%E2%80%99-plea-as-ma...) opinions on the mystery remain divided.
Much as locals may wish for an end to the media spotlight, interest in the story remains astonishing - hence the never-ending repeat revelations, particularly in the British media.
This latest by the Mirror centres on the apparent unwillingness of the five British apartment owners to cooperate with Operation Grange.
And a new message within the body of the text highlights "the frustrations" that are reportedly growing every day between British police and their Portuguese counterparts.
Says the Mirror, Grange detectives are “having to tread on eggshells”.
“They would happily go round Praia da Luz and knock on doors asking everybody for information if they could, but they are still waiting for permission on the international letters of request they have sent to the Portuguese”.
One point, however - mentioned both in the ‘new’ story over the Easter weekend, and the story published by the Mirror in 2013 - is that Madeleine’s father Gerry McCann has said he feels the family were being watched throughout their fateful holiday.
“If that truly is the case”, said the retired policeman in touch with Algarve Resident, “why on earth would he have left his children asleep on their own in the holiday apartment?”

Seven years on, over seven million euros spent on Operation Grange - not to mention money being ploughed into the reopened Portuguese police investigation - and despite all the ‘new’ stories, no one appears to have any answers as to what really happened to three-year-old Madeleine McCann.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 21.04.14 15:28

I trust your getting paid a good journalistic rate for this PeterMac!
Doug D

Activity : 5283

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 21.04.14 23:53

Yeah, congratulations PeterM.

Will they call you "a source" soon?

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.05.14 8:11

[size=62]Maddie McCann clue: Police hunt British paedo who was nearby when Madeleine went missing[/size]

• May 03, 2014 23:52

• By Russell Myers

Sicko Roderick William Robinson has been on the run for more than a decade and now sources say he could have vital evidence about a suspected paedophile ring

• 7 Shares

• Tweet

• +1

• Email

[size][color][font][font]

Andrew Chant PicturesMore Mirror Tripe - Page 2 PAY-Roderick-Main
Dangerous: Robinson after his arrest in Thailand
Police are hunting a British paedophile who was in Portugal at the time of child sex attacks linked to the Madeleine McCann case.
Roderick William Robinson, 77, was first arrested while lying low at a rundown campsite on the Algarve in 2010. He had been on the run for more than a decade.
Sources close to the latest Madeleine McCann investigation have indicated that British detectives believe he could have vital evidence about a suspected paedophile ring.
The ring operated across the Algarve at the time three-year-old Madeleine was snatched in Praia da Luz in 2007.
A source said: “Roderick Robinson is a ­notorious and dangerous sex offender. He has shown a pattern of disturbing behaviour ­wherever he has travelled.
“He may have vital information which could shed light on the mystery surrounding the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. He is wanted on an international arrest warrant after failing to notify British police of his whereabouts and it is vital he is found without delay.”
After Robinson’s arrest in 2010 he was ­extradited to Australia where he was wanted for raping an eight-year-old girl in 1998. After agreeing to a plea deal he was convicted of indecently assaulting the child and sentenced to six months in prison.
Within weeks of his release the former oil rig worker fled to Thailand but three months later he was deported back to Britain after Thai authorities found out about his past.
He moved to Brighton, east Sussex, and was made to sign the sex offenders register. But in June 2012 he went on to sexually assault two girls, aged five and seven, on a yacht. This led to another conviction but, despite his past, his 12-month sentence was suspended for two years. Within weeks he changed his name by deed poll and fled to the Far East.
Scotland Yard detectives are currently ­investigating 18 possible linked break-ins at Algarve villas by a lone intruder between 2004 and 2010. Six have come to light since an appeal by UK detectives last month, with five of those involving alleged sex attacks on British girls.
Overall, nine of the 18 break-ins involved assaults on British girls, aged six to 12. Three took place in Praia da Luz.
The attacks stopped at around the time Robinson was deported from Portugal.
He was first arrested by Portuguese police at a campsite in Olhao on the Algarve, 60 miles from Praia da Luz. He associated with other ­paedophiles in the area around the time Madeleine vanished.
A source said: “These are questions that could have particular significance in the ­disappearance of Madeleine McCann.”
When he was deported from Thailand, Robinson told a reporter: “I’m a marked man for the rest of my life which won’t be very long.”
A Scotland Yard spokesman said: “We do not comment on ongoing investigations.”[/font][/font][/color][/size]

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/maddie-mccann-clue-police-hunt-3493850#ixzz30dPyMxiS 
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 04.05.14 9:43

Sources close to the latest Madeleine McCann investigation have indicated that British detectives believe he could have vital evidence about a suspected paedophile ring.
The ring operated across the Algarve at the time three-year-old Madeleine was snatched in Praia da Luz in 2007.

This actually makes sense to me - not because someone from a paedophile ring may have abducted Madeleine, but because knowledge of a suspected paedophile ring might include a certain name which might be familiar to the investigation, and us. IMO. And further useful details might be forthcoming.
canada12

Activity : 1698

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 04.05.14 11:02

I haven't read the article yet because I can't get past the name Roderick Robinson!  I feel as though I have wondered onto the set of 'Life of Brian' and the crowd are getting the dim and verbally challenged Roman ambassador to 'Welease Woderwick'.  Has this descended in farce?
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 04.05.14 11:21

Andrew77R wrote:[size=62]Maddie McCann clue: Police hunt British paedo who was nearby when Madeleine went missing[/size]

• May 03, 2014 23:52
  • By Russell Myers

Sicko Roderick William Robinson has been on the run for more than a decade and now sources say he could have vital evidence about a suspected paedophile ring

• 7 Shares

• Tweet

• +1

• Email

Andrew Chant PicturesMore Mirror Tripe - Page 2 PAY-Roderick-Main
Dangerous: Robinson after his arrest in Thailand
Police are hunting a British paedophile who was in Portugal at the time of child sex attacks linked to the Madeleine McCann case.
Roderick William Robinson, 77, was first arrested while lying low at a rundown campsite on the Algarve in 2010. He had been on the run for more than a decade.
A source said: “Roderick Robinson is a ­notorious and dangerous sex offender. He has shown a pattern of disturbing behaviour ­wherever he has travelled.
“He may have vital information which could shed light on the mystery surrounding the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. He is wanted on an international arrest warrant after failing to notify British police of his whereabouts and it is vital he is found without delay.”
After Robinson’s arrest in 2010 he was ­extradited to Australia where he was wanted for raping an eight-year-old girl in 1998. After agreeing to a plea deal he was convicted of indecently assaulting the child and sentenced to six months in prison.
Within weeks of his release the former oil rig worker fled to Thailand but three months later he was deported back to Britain after Thai authorities found out about his past.
He moved to Brighton, east Sussex, and was made to sign the sex offenders register. But in June 2012 he went on to sexually assault two girls, aged five and seven, on a yacht. This led to another conviction but, despite his past, his 12-month sentence was suspended for two years. Within weeks he changed his name by deed poll and fled to the Far East.
Scotland Yard detectives are currently ­investigating 18 possible linked break-ins at Algarve villas by a lone intruder between 2004 and 2010. Six have come to light since an appeal by UK detectives last month, with five of those involving alleged sex attacks on British girls.
Overall, nine of the 18 break-ins involved assaults on British girls, aged six to 12. Three took place in Praia da Luz.
The attacks stopped at around the time Robinson was deported from Portugal.
He was first arrested by Portuguese police at a campsite in Olhao on the Algarve, 60 miles from Praia da Luz. He associated with other ­paedophiles in the area around the time Madeleine vanished.
A source said: “These are questions that could have particular significance in the ­disappearance of Madeleine McCann.”
When he was deported from Thailand, Robinson told a reporter: “I’m a marked man for the rest of my life which won’t be very long.”
A Scotland Yard spokesman said: “We do not comment on ongoing investigations.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/maddie-mccann-clue-police-hunt-3493850#ixzz30dPyMxiS 
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook
The problem is, he doesn't look anything like Smithman, who was in his late thirties, athletic build with a short neat haircut who looked exactly like Gerry McCann, but wasn't Gerry.

What are the chances, we must ask ourselves, that a paedophile gang were lucky enough to pick a holiday resort where a group of British parents regularly left their young children and babies alone in their apartments while they went out for dinner and one couple would conveniently leave the back doors open?  That almost never happens. One could argue that they knew about these rich pickings, because someone (a disgruntled employee?) spotted a note in the Tapas booking register that said 'small children alone in block 5, please help yourself' and passed the message on to a sophisticated paedophile network that alerts all the nonces in the area that there is another group of British tourists neglecting their kids.
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 04.05.14 11:57

Cristobell wrote:One could argue that they knew about these rich pickings, because someone (a disgruntled employee?) spotted a note in the Tapas booking register that said 'small children alone in block 5, please help yourself' and passed the message on to a sophisticated paedophile network that alerts all the nonces in the area that there is another group of British tourists neglecting their kids.

Ah yes. Kate's famous Tapas bookings register.
Anyone ever seen it ?
Anyone have the reference to it ?
Anyone know where it was supposed to be ?
Anyone know whether it was supposed to be in Portuguese or English ! ! !

Or is it a McInvention, to try to flesh out the story, like the whooshing curtains and slamming doors on a flat calm evening, and the suddenly exhausted child, and the Last Photo with a sweaty-browed Gerry taken on a cold, cloudy and windy day, and all the rest of the nonsense.
And YET AGAIN, by trying too hard, she puts into Exhibit KH1 enough to condemn them.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by notlongnow 04.05.14 11:59

Cristobell wrote:I haven't read the article yet because I can't get past the name Roderick Robinson!  I feel as though I have wondered onto the set of 'Life of Brian' and the crowd are getting the dim and verbally challenged Roman ambassador to 'Welease Woderwick'.  Has this descended in farce?
Indeed.
Being hunted down by DCI Frankie Howard...Titter ye not.
notlongnow

Activity : 541

Back to top Go down

Post by Monty Heck 04.05.14 12:13

PeterMac wrote:
Cristobell wrote:One could argue that they knew about these rich pickings, because someone (a disgruntled employee?) spotted a note in the Tapas booking register that said 'small children alone in block 5, please help yourself' and passed the message on to a sophisticated paedophile network that alerts all the nonces in the area that there is another group of British tourists neglecting their kids.

Ah yes. Kate's famous Tapas bookings register.
Anyone ever seen it ?
Anyone have the reference to it ?
Anyone know where it was supposed to be ?
Anyone know whether it was supposed to be in Portuguese or English ! ! !

Or is it a McInvention, to try to flesh out the story, like the whooshing curtains and slamming doors on a flat calm evening, and the suddenly exhausted child, and the Last Photo with a sweaty-browed Gerry taken on a cold, cloudy and windy day, and all the rest of the nonsense.
And YET AGAIN, by trying too hard, she puts into Exhibit KH1 enough to condemn them.
If there was such a register, there would be no need for a would be abductor to track it down and check it's contents to be aware that there was a group of 9 enjoying boozy, child free evenings in the Tapas.  Such subterfuge would have been redundant when the group were going out of their way to chat happily about their "checking system" with sundry complete strangers, thus ensuring it was pretty much common knowledge that their children were not in the evening creche but home alone each night.  The only purpose served by K's famous bookings register is an attempt to defuse the notion that they themselves had broadcast the news that their children were unsupervised on a nightly basis, as efficiently as any town crier.
Monty Heck

Activity : 472

Back to top Go down

Post by notlongnow 04.05.14 12:15

Is this an attempt at a " Jack Ruby " suspect.
notlongnow

Activity : 541

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 04.05.14 14:02

But they all speak some tortured form of what we may suppose was once English.
The Tapas bar is run by Portuguese.
The table bookings including the wine consumed - we think by ALL guests, so let's not start that one off again - is IN PORTUGUESE.
The waiters were PORTUGUESE

So in what language was this note. Kate.

More Mirror Tripe - Page 2 03_VOLUME_IIIa_Page_608_small
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

More Mirror Tripe - Page 2 Empty but there is still the cadaver odour to be explained..

Post by worriedmum 04.05.14 14:08

Did a Woderick Wobinson hire the  Wenault?  I think we should be told.........   laugh
worriedmum
worriedmum

Activity : 2819

Back to top Go down

Post by kevmack 04.05.14 14:36

A Scotland Yard spokesman said they do not comment on ongoing investigations.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2619888/British-police-hunting-run-paedophile-Portugal-time-series-sex-attacks-linked-disappearance-Madeleine-McCann.html#ixzz30klbYJoI 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I think the above quote from the article says it all for me, this tripe hasn't come from the police, it's clearly from TM and is probably their way of easing into the "Madeleine is dead" scenario, which they have been moving towards in the last couple of interviews imo
kevmack

Activity : 241

Back to top Go down

Post by Watching 04.05.14 14:59

kevmack wrote:

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2619888/British-police-hunting-run-paedophile-Portugal-time-series-sex-attacks-linked-disappearance-Madeleine-McCann.html#ixzz30klbYJoI 

I think the above quote from the article says it all for me, this tripe hasn't come from the police, it's clearly from TM and is probably their way of easing into the "Madeleine is dead" scenario, which they have been moving towards in the last couple of interviews imo

And in the very same article it is reported what the Met have said!

We all know too,the Met DO comment on ongoing investigations.

What stuck out for me in article was the caption under the pic of the street where Smithman was seen:

'Possible sighting: 

A street in the Praia Da Luz resort where an Irish holiday maker and his wife claim they saw a mystery person with a child at about the same time as Madeleine McCann disappeared in May 2007.'

They've certainly played down the Smith sighting there!
Watching

Activity : 293

Back to top Go down

Post by noddy100 04.05.14 15:03

Watching wrote:
kevmack wrote:

And in the very same article it is reported what the Met have said!

We all know too,the Met DO comment on ongoing investigations.

What stuck out for me in article was the caption under the pic of the street where Smithman was seen:

'Possible sighting: 

A street in the Praia Da Luz resort where an Irish holiday maker and his wife claim they saw a mystery person with a child at about the same time as Madeleine McCann disappeared in May 2007.'

They've certainly played down the Smith sighting there!
I thought according to CW this was the breakthrough of all breakthroughs?
noddy100

Activity : 760

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 04.05.14 15:16

Cristobell wrote:I haven't read the article yet because I can't get past the name Roderick Robinson!  I feel as though I have wondered onto the set of 'Life of Brian' and the crowd are getting the dim and verbally challenged Roman ambassador to 'Welease Woderwick'.  Has this descended in farce?

Sadly it did a long time ago imo

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top