The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

More Mirror Tripe

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

More Mirror Tripe

Post by Guest on 25.03.14 23:25


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: More Mirror Tripe

Post by Gillyspot on 25.03.14 23:52

Couldn't agree more.

Here is the full Mirror "story"

"Missing Madeleine McCann: British paedophile was living next to resort where three-year-old was snatched "




A British paedophile jailed in the UK for sick sex attacks on children was hiding out on the Algarve when Madeleine McCann vanished.

David Reid fled his home and moved near Praia da Luz where she was snatched in 2007.

One of Reid’s victims had warned the pervert would not be able to contain his sick urges if allowed anywhere near children and could strike again.

The paedophile was hiding out on the Algarve at the time Madeleine McCann was [url=http://www.mirror.co.uk/all-about/madeleine mccann]snatched from Praia da Luz in 2007[/url].

He had fled his home in Northern Ireland in a bid to hide his sordid past after being jailed for sexually abusing a string of young girls and a boy.

Speaking in 2006, one of his victims ­chillingly warned: “He’s a paedophile who will offend again. It’s part of his being. He’ll never change.

“Get your kids and family away from him. Never put temptation in front of him. He just won’t be able to resist it.”

Reid moved to the seaside resort of Carvoeiro, 30 miles from Praia da Luz, in 2004 after being freed from jail.

The same year the sleepy town was targeted by a lone child sex attacker who broke into apartments belonging to British holidaymakers, often abusing young girls in their beds.

Reid was completely unmonitored by the authorities while in Portugal because he was released from prison before the Sex Offenders’ Register was set up.

The attacks took place within a 37-mile radius of Praia da Luz. Witnesses said the suspect smelt of smoke, was tanned and had dark hair. Reid was a chain smoker with dark hair who was tanned.

It is believed he could be on a list of 38 potential suspects currently being probed by British police. A Scotland Yard spokesman said: “No comment can be made on this ongoing investigation.”

Vile Reid got three years in 1995 for indecent assault and gross ­indecency in Belfast. After fleeing to Carvoeiro, which is popular with British ex-pats, he took up casual bar work and became a singer.

One local said residents had no idea about his perverted past and he was well-liked.

The former bar worker said: “He auditioned in England to come over to Portugal and work full time as the in-house musician at one bar. When he arrived in 2004 there was no ­suggestion of his past history at all and he made sure not to mention it.

“He was brought over and worked ­weekdays and weekends, hosting events at the singalongs. He was a good guitarist, and seemed like a good guy.” While keeping his vile past a closely guarded secret, Reid worked in several bars and became a popular member of the ex-pat community, mixing with the locals using his chatty, easy-going manner. He made his live act a hit in the town.

His lack of police ­monitoring meant he could roam the area without arousing suspicion. When a Mirror reporter recently questioned local police, an officer denied any knowledge of the sex attacker, despite him living just five minutes’ walk from their headquarters.

But Reid’s history finally caught up with him in 2006 when news of his convictions broke amongst the ex-pats. He suddenly became an outcast, with only the regulars at one bar willing to mix with him.

One ex-pat, who asked not to be named, said: “When everyone found out what had happened there was a lot of anger in Carvoeiro.

 

“But they kept him on at the bar, even after they knew what he’d done. The bar started losing business. The takings went down because nobody wanted to go in and watch a paedophile play guitar and try to entertain people. Nobody was interested. They allowed him to keep his job for two weeks before someone went in and attacked him. He was playing one night sitting in the corner when someone came in and punched him off his bar stool.

“That was when they finally let him go.” Reid then worked as a part-time builder, living in a small house on a cliff-top overlooking the resort. Hoping the outrage over his past crimes would have died down, his bosses at the bar hired him again, months later.

But it was the same story in the tight-knit ex-pat community, and people refused to drink in a bar hosting the pervert. He was again axed.

The Mirror’s findings raise questions about whether Reid associated with groups of other ­paedophiles on the Algarve around the time Madeleine vanished.

Portuguese authorities may now conduct further inquiries to establish Reid’s movements around the time of her disappearance.

He is believed to have died from an undiagnosed cancer after collapsing at his home in August.

But his family last night said they were not aware of his death.

The Madeleine investigation took a new turn last week when DCI Redwood revealed the lone prowling paedophile link on BBC’s Crimewatch last week.

But blundering Portuguese police had failed to consider the prolific pervert as a suspect in the hunt for the youngster because the attacks were spread out across the Algarve.

Officers working on Operation Grange – a review into the Madeleine case – are in possession of the DNA of the intruder following one of his attacks.


 



http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/missing-madeleine-mccann-british-paedophile-3285796#ixzz2x1OomaNO



Note they state Reid was "living next to resort where three-year-old was snatched " Carvoeiro is over 43km away from PDL. Perhaps it is the Mirror equivalent of "dining in your back garden".

____________________
Kate McCann "I know that what happened is not due to the fact of us leaving the children asleep. I know it happened under other circumstances"

Gillyspot

Posts : 1470
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-06-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: More Mirror Tripe

Post by Mirage on 26.03.14 0:17

Kevin Maguire, Associate Editor of the Mirror and newspaper critic on Sky News who likes to pontificate about matters of high morality and Labour ideals on TV. Man of the people eh?  

 puke 

Then his rag churns out this crap week in, week out.

Talk about patronising the working classes with a paper fit for fish and chip wrappings. Disgusting.





____________________
Kate McCann: "It's too 'ot. Give 'im a minute."

Mirage

Posts : 1665
Reputation : 382
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: More Mirror Tripe

Post by Guest on 26.03.14 0:19

And he was a chain smoker but yet Matt didn't get any funny smells on his 'check'.
I am fuming that this paper call him an.Irish man;he was from Northern Ireland.
Always the way when someone does something bad but when they are being praised by the press(UK) as in Graham Norton,Brian O Driscoll(lions tour) they are called British!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: More Mirror Tripe

Post by coati mundi on 26.03.14 0:23

Oh pleeeaase! How much more of this rubbish do we have to put up with? Another dead "suspect" who has the most tenuous connection to PDL! I note how "30 miles away" becomes "next door". Next time I'm 30 miles away from where I live, I'll try and say "hello neighbour" to a complete stranger and see where it gets me.

Aren;t the "journalists" who write this rubbish sometimes embarrassed when they read their copy back to themselves?

So now we have "Irish Music Man". Diddly dee!

coati mundi

Posts : 40
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2014-02-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: More Mirror Tripe

Post by jeanmonroe on 26.03.14 1:49

Gillyspot:

Either the Mirror have 'added' some more or you inadvertently 'missed' a paragraph.
-------------------------------------------------------

Three years after he settled in the Algarve, three-year-old Madeleine disappeared as her parents Kate and Gerry ate nearby with a group friends.
Carvoeiro is one of three resorts, including Praia da Luz, targeted by a prowling paedophile who is suspected of abusing five youngsters, aged seven to 10.
The sex attacks happened between 2004 and 2006 while the break-ins were reported up to 2010. Police believe they are likely to be linked to Madeleine’s disappearance.
Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood, who is spearheading the new UK police search for the missing youngster, said the sex attacks in Carvoeiro were at the “high end” in terms of seriousness.
The officer added that the man they are hunting “has a very unhealthy interest in young, white girls who he attacks whilst they are on holiday in their beds”.
Reid’s girl victims in the UK were white. The pervert died last year of cancer at the age of 61 or 62, according to locals in Carvoeiro – where he had been attacked in a bar after his sick past was exposed.

In most of the cases, as with the Madeleine kidnap, there was no sign of a forced entry and nothing was taken.

And in six of the 12 incidents the man sat on the children’s beds. In four he went on to commit serious sexual assaults. Most of the break-ins occurred in the off season when Reid was in the area.
Officers working on Operation Grange – a review into the Madeleine case – are in possession of the DNA of the intruder following one of his attacks.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is line, from the Mirror, i'm interested in:

as with the Madeleine kidnap, there was no sign of a forced entry and nothing was taken.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GLAD THE MIRROR POINTED THAT OUT BECAUSE........................................................


Gerry rings his sister, Trish Cameron, at 23:40 on the 3rd May 2007
Heart specialist Gerry McCann rang his sister Trish in Scotland after Maddy vanished from her cot placed between two-year-old twins Sean and Amelie.
Trish revealed yesterday: "He was breaking his heart, saying 'Madeleine's been abducted, she's been abducted'."
Trish said: "When Kate checked, she came out screaming. Maddy had gone. The door was open and the window in the bedroom and shutters were jemmied open. Nothing had been touched and no valuables taken."

TC:
the window had been tampered with; the shutters had been jammied open... or whatever you call it,

Jon Corner, a close friend of Mrs McCann and godparent of the twins, said Kate telephoned him in the middle of the night distraught.
He said: "She just blurted out that Madeleine had been abducted. She told me, 'They have broken the shutter on the window and taken my little girl.'
"They had left the apartment locked while they were having their meal, but when they went back the last time they saw the damage
"Kate said the shutters of the room were smashed.

JC: a father-of-three himself, said: “Kate phoned me in the early hours totally devastated."
"She just told me that Maddy had been abducted, that the shutters of the apartment had been forced and someone had taken her."

Jill Renwick
"The shutters had been broken open and they've gone into the room and taken her."

Brian Healy
"Gerry told me when they went back the shutters to the room were broken, they were jemmied up and she was gone," said Mr Healy. "She'd been taken from the chalet. The door was open."
------------------------------------------------------------------
SO ALL THOSE PEOPLE SAY BROKEN/SMASHED/JEMMIED SHUTTERS 'PROVE' SIGN OF BREAK IN BUT, THE MAN FROM THE MIRROR............HE SAY NO!


jeanmonroe

Posts : 5133
Reputation : 886
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: More Mirror Tripe

Post by jeanmonroe on 26.03.14 2:08

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/something-rotten-in-the-metropolitan-police-corrupt-officers-may-escape-justice-thanks-to-mass-shredding-of-evidence-9215433.html

Something rotten in the Metropolitan Police: Corrupt officers may escape justice thanks to mass shredding of evidence .

Will the Met's 'investigation', Operation Grange, and their incessent 'trawl' for a dead paedo, to 'solve' their case, to the total exclusion of ANY other 'explanation', be the most CORRUPT/ROTTEN 'case' to top all others, to date?

'disappearing abductors'(JT)

'disappearing witnesses' (DP)

'ignoring UK dog 'alerts'

'disappeared/ignored 'contradictions/discrepancies' from witnesses statements'

'displaying/portraying FALSE information/details on at least TWO national TV broadcasted 'programmes' (with MET Police 'approval')

And finally, 'we've 'solved the case', and have already shredded all our 'evidence', to say space'

"so no, you won't be able to see how we did it, sorry"

"so far as to say, it was the FOURTH dead paedo, we could 'find', that done it"

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5133
Reputation : 886
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: More Mirror Tripe

Post by jeanmonroe on 26.03.14 2:48

OH DEAR!

SEEMS THE MIRROR IS ONLY 6 YEARS TOO 'LATE'

http://www.theportugalnews.com/news/view/957-22

UK website warns of alleged Algarve child-abuser

in Algarve · 03-05-2008 00:00:00 · 0 Comments

‘Portugal Warning: ‘Irish Dave’ alive and well in Carvoeiro’ is what reads at the bottom left hand corner of the webweavers.co.uk/sarahslaw website, as reported on Wednesday by Portuguese newspaper Correio da Manhã.

Nothing more than an exact transcript of what was reported by the News of The World in November 2006, this recent media coverage has nevertheless once again catapulted the Algarve to national attention for allegedly accommodating child abusers.
Back in 2006 News of the World reporters caught up with David Reid, otherwise known locally as ‘Irish Dave’, then a musician in a local popular hang-out ‘The Round Up Saloon’, sensationally announcing his whereabouts and, till then, unknown past.
The Portugal News spoke to Dave in 2006 after these reports rocked the sleepy village. He admitted ‘revealing himself’ to his daughters, but denied ever laying a finger on any of his three children, two girls and boy. He also told how he had served 18 months of a three-year prison sentence on charges of indecent assault and gross indecency, following complaints from his own children.
At the time he told The Portugal News, “I never sexually abused my children”, he said. “I did wrong at home, very wrong. I exposed myself to my daughters and I paid the consequences. I did my time for this crime but I did not run and hide from it. I have no excuse for what I did. I have tried to understand why I did it and I still don’t know. I am very sorry and I have lived with the guilt everyday for 22 years. But I never touched my son, and I am not a paedophile”.
Claiming to have subsequently been victimised by locals he once considered he knew well, little more was seen or heard of ‘Irish Dave’ until this latest article under the headline ‘Alert to avoid the Algarve’ was published in Portugal’s biggest selling newspaper, re-reporting the News of the World’s initial interview and publishing imagery taken from http://www.webweavers.co.uk/sarahslaw/irishdave.htm.
Whether ‘Irish Dave’ remained in Carvoeiro after the news exploded in 2006 is unknown, though no incident involving the man in question has been reported to date.
Well-liked and a popular performer, at the time Dave Reid vowed to face the local community if they would let him “live in peace” and even said he was “glad the skeletons are out of the closet”.
As with most ‘local gossip’, the topic of ‘Irish Dave’ eventually faded within the Carvoeiro community, though the image of the Algarve as a family haven, for unrelated reasons, is now more questioned than ever.


OH WELL, GOOD TRY MIRROR MAN AND MET!

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5133
Reputation : 886
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: More Mirror Tripe

Post by jeanmonroe on 26.03.14 2:53

http://portugalresident.com/paedophile-internet-alert

Posted by algarveresident on May 02, 2008

A WEBSITE providing information on alleged paedophiles has a section warning about “Irish Dave” in Carvoeiro.The site is run by the Sarah’s Law campaign which was set up after Sarah Payne was abducted and murdered by a convicted paedophile living in the UK in July 2000. The aim of the campaign is to establish a system which would allow parents to know the identity of paedophiles living in their area enabling them to protect their children from them.The News of the World alerted people to the past of “Irish Dave”, who is David Reid, who was jailed for three years for abusing his children. The story was published after his children were awarded the Bhs family award in 2006 for their work helping other victims of sexual abuse.Musician David Reid, originally from Northern Ireland, is still in the Carvoeiro area and on Monday this week was entertaining clients in a local bar.His appearance on the website has split the ex-pat community in Carvoeiro, with some finding this, “in very poor taste considering the timing” in relation to the anniversary of Madeleine McCann’s disappearance.Do you have a view on this story? Email: editor@the-resident.com - See more at: http://portugalresident.com/paedophile-internet-alert#sthash.8A1rg0wU.dpuf

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5133
Reputation : 886
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: More Mirror Tripe

Post by aquila on 26.03.14 5:39

In October 2013 Mark Williams Thomas did a documentary on International Arrest Warrants and went to Portugal to track down a paedophile on the run from UK. In this particular case it was a Welshman called Nigel Burnell. He too worked in a karaoke bar.

ITV tracks down sex offender On The Run in Portugal

http://www.itv.com/news/2013-10-29/on-the-run-fugitive-natasha-kaplinsky-and-mark-williams-thomas/

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: More Mirror Tripe

Post by Okeydokey on 26.03.14 13:20

@jeanmonroe wrote:Gillyspot:

Either the Mirror have 'added' some more or you inadvertently 'missed' a paragraph.
-------------------------------------------------------

Three years after he settled in the Algarve, three-year-old Madeleine disappeared as her parents Kate and Gerry ate nearby with a group friends.
Carvoeiro is one of three resorts, including Praia da Luz, targeted by a prowling paedophile who is suspected of abusing five youngsters, aged seven to 10.
The sex attacks happened between 2004 and 2006 while the break-ins were reported up to 2010. Police believe they are likely to be linked to Madeleine’s disappearance.
Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood, who is spearheading the new UK police search for the missing youngster, said the sex attacks in Carvoeiro were at the “high end” in terms of seriousness.
The officer added that the man they are hunting “has a very unhealthy interest in young, white girls who he attacks whilst they are on holiday in their beds”.
Reid’s girl victims in the UK were white. The pervert died last year of cancer at the age of 61 or 62, according to locals in Carvoeiro – where he had been attacked in a bar after his sick past was exposed.

In most of the cases, as with the Madeleine kidnap, there was no sign of a forced entry and nothing was taken.

And in six of the 12 incidents the man sat on the children’s beds. In four he went on to commit serious sexual assaults. Most of the break-ins occurred in the off season when Reid was in the area.
Officers working on Operation Grange – a review into the Madeleine case – are in possession of the DNA of the intruder following one of his attacks.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is line, from the Mirror, i'm interested in:

as with the Madeleine kidnap, there was no sign of a forced entry and nothing was taken.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GLAD THE MIRROR POINTED THAT OUT BECAUSE........................................................


Gerry rings his sister, Trish Cameron, at 23:40 on the 3rd May 2007
Heart specialist Gerry McCann rang his sister Trish in Scotland after Maddy vanished from her cot placed between two-year-old twins Sean and Amelie.
Trish revealed yesterday: "He was breaking his heart, saying 'Madeleine's been abducted, she's been abducted'."
Trish said: "When Kate checked, she came out screaming. Maddy had gone. The door was open and the window in the bedroom and shutters were jemmied open. Nothing had been touched and no valuables taken."

TC:
the window had been tampered with; the shutters had been jammied open... or whatever you call it,

Jon Corner, a close friend of Mrs McCann and godparent of the twins, said Kate telephoned him in the middle of the night distraught.
He said: "She just blurted out that Madeleine had been abducted. She told me, 'They have broken the shutter on the window and taken my little girl.'
"They had left the apartment locked while they were having their meal, but when they went back the last time they saw the damage
"Kate said the shutters of the room were smashed.

JC: a father-of-three himself, said: “Kate phoned me in the early hours totally devastated."
"She just told me that Maddy had been abducted, that the shutters of the apartment had been forced and someone had taken her."

Jill Renwick
"The shutters had been broken open and they've gone into the room and taken her."

Brian Healy
"Gerry told me when they went back the shutters to the room were broken, they were jemmied up and she was gone," said Mr Healy. "She'd been taken from the chalet. The door was open."
------------------------------------------------------------------
SO ALL THOSE PEOPLE SAY BROKEN/SMASHED/JEMMIED SHUTTERS 'PROVE' SIGN OF BREAK IN BUT, THE MAN FROM THE MIRROR............HE SAY NO!


Redwood seems to be making a lot about the "white" factor.  But this guy was from N Ireland where nearly everyone is white and aren't most holidaymakers in the Algarve white Irish, Brits, Germans and Dutch?  Of course not all will be "white" but the vast majority will be.

What I am saying is it seems a rather tenuous link and would make sense only if say more than 50% of holidaymakers were black or brown skinned.

Okeydokey

Posts : 919
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2013-10-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: More Mirror Tripe

Post by kimHager on 26.03.14 13:28

Hmm I wonder if the next report will say semen stain in bed and on wall in 5a possibly belong to the Irish music man.

It almost sounds like anyone with a shady or unknown past that was anywhere near the algarve is now the infamous abductor that allegedly abducted Maddy. We are hearing all this load of manure but give some evidence not more tanner tractor potbelly stinky pimple white van now turned Irish music man abductors that I don't believe exist. We have never saw these men and this still don't discredit the dogs. I'm sticking with the dogs on this one

____________________
Kim

kimHager

Posts : 465
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-01-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: More Mirror Tripe

Post by aquila on 19.04.14 23:04

Five mystery Britons who've all been contacted by email.

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: More Mirror Tripe

Post by Guest on 19.04.14 23:14

@aquila wrote:
Five mystery Britons who've all been contacted by email.

 laughat Clearly only a mystery as far as Clarrie and co are concerned.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: More Mirror Tripe

Post by diatribe on 20.04.14 0:01

''The frustrations at Scotland Yard are growing day by day,” said our source. ''

So, from this we are to presume that the Mirror source is at the very least a police officer assigned to Operation Grunge, otherwise how would he/she have any knowledge of any frustration being experienced by the officers involved.

I appreciate that all this crap winds certain people up, but you really can't blame the tabloids because they are simply giving the proletariat what they want and what they want is crap. Best to just view it for what it is, entertainment value and cannon fodder for wannabe comedy script writers. So don't knock it folks, 'cos there ain't much else in the Peoples' Republik of Britain to put a smile on your face.

diatribe

Posts : 602
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-11-15
Location : London

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: More Mirror Tripe

Post by aquila on 20.04.14 0:13

@diatribe wrote:''The frustrations at Scotland Yard are growing day by day,” said our source. ''

So, from this we are to presume that the Mirror source is at the very least a police officer assigned to Operation Grunge, otherwise how would he/she have any knowledge of any frustration being experienced by the officers involved.

I appreciate that all this crap winds certain people up, but you really can't blame the tabloids because they are simply giving the proletariat what they want and what they want is crap. Best to just view it for what it is, entertainment value and cannon fodder for wannabe comedy script writers. So don't knock it folks, 'cos there ain't much else in the Peoples' Republik of Britain to put a smile on your face.
I doubt the proletariat want shite written about a missing child and yes I can blame the tabloids for writing this crap.

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: More Mirror Tripe

Post by PeterMac on 20.04.14 8:53

Pity it is their OWN story from a year ago !

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/kidnapper-spied-madeleine-mccann-police-1897649

May 19, 2013 01:00 By Justin Penrose, Alex Wellman
A British property owner in the resort of Praia Da Luz said the police had pinpointed “persons of interest” to the blocks

British police probing Madeleine McCann’s disappearance now believe her kidnapper was staying in a holiday flat near the family.
Scotland Yard detectives, who believe the youngster may still be alive, have narrowed their search to FOUR apartment blocks where the family were on holiday when the youngster went missing.
They are trying to work out who was in them at the time in 2007.
A British property owner in the Portuguese resort of Praia Da Luz told the Sunday Mirror police had pinpointed “persons of interest” to the blocks.

So Operation Grange has spent a further 1 MILLION pounds, has visited Faro every couple of months for a year
has had endless sardine lunches and meetings with biscuits with their PJ counterparts
but no one knows who was occupying those apartments . . . ?

What total bol****s !

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: More Mirror Tripe

Post by Guest on 20.04.14 9:22

And it's so transparent ...

* A source said
* Our source said
* A source close to Madeleine’s heartbroken parents Gerry and Kate said
* Clarence Mitchell, a spokesman for the McCanns, said

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: More Mirror Tripe

Post by tigger on 20.04.14 9:27

Châtelaine wrote:And it's so transparent ...

* A source said
* Our source said
* A source close to Madeleine’s heartbroken parents Gerry and Kate said
* Clarence Mitchell, a spokesman for the McCanns, said

'A British property owner' this time, wouldn't it be refreshing if just occasionally they said' a bloke in a pub told me ... ' nah 

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8112
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: More Mirror Tripe

Post by Guest on 20.04.14 11:36

... or a friend of my hairdresser said ...  big grin 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: More Mirror Tripe

Post by diatribe on 20.04.14 12:03

@aquila wrote:
I doubt the proletariat want shite written about a missing child and yes I can blame the tabloids for writing this crap.
We're going to have to agree tp disagree on this issue, Aquila. At the end of the day, tabloids are not benevolent, charitable organisations, they are business conglomerates looking to attract advertisers. Its all about supply and demand, if their readers(I use the word 'readers' euphemistically) no longer wished to absorb this crap, they'd rapidly desist from printing it.

I will however agree about a missing child story being distasteful, but tabloid patrons have long since ceased to regard this ongoing saga as having anything to do with a missing child and merely view it as Eastenders on the Algarve, or an addition to one of their other favourite soaps.

diatribe

Posts : 602
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-11-15
Location : London

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: More Mirror Tripe

Post by aquila on 20.04.14 12:15

@diatribe wrote:
@aquila wrote:
I doubt the proletariat want shite written about a missing child and yes I can blame the tabloids for writing this crap.
We're going to have to agree tp disagree on this issue, Aquila. At the end of the day, tabloids are not benevolent, charitable organisations, they are business conglomerates looking to attract advertisers. Its all about supply and demand, if their readers(I use the word 'readers' euphemistically) no longer wished to absorb this crap, they'd rapidly desist from printing it.

I will however agree about a missing child story being distasteful, but tabloid patrons have long since ceased to regard this ongoing saga as having anything to do with a missing child, but merely view it as Eastenders on the Algarve, or an addition to one of their other favourite soaps.
How does that work then when there's only newspaper in UK on Easter Sunday has chosen Madeleine as its headline?

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: More Mirror Tripe

Post by Cristobell on 20.04.14 12:30

Another Sunday, another suspect in the case of Missing Madeleine.  Unfortunately, all the suspects have been round the block several times, and changing suspects on a weekly basis, doesn't really help the credibility of the abduction story.  

With these latest suspects (rechurned from last year according to clip from Petermac), are we to believe that 3 years into review/investigation, they have only just started to look at the occupants of the other flats in the apartment block?  That these obvious persons of interest have been overlooked by the original investigation, all the private detectives hired by the McCanns and the full forces of the PJ and SY is unbelievable.  I see the heartbroken couple have commented on the uncooperative 5, but I feel its 7 years too late.

Cristobell

Posts : 2436
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-10-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: More Mirror Tripe

Post by diatribe on 20.04.14 12:32

I don't know, Aquila, I don't peruse the broadsheets, never mind tabloids. Since the advent of the internet, I no longer even refer to them for the cricket scores. Maybe the Mirror has an even more dumbed down and depraved following than the Sun et al.

Here's a link to an interesting film documenting how the media works.



http://www.tubeplus.me/player/405641/Outfoxed%3A_Rupert_Murdoch%92s_War_on_Journalism/

diatribe

Posts : 602
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-11-15
Location : London

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum