The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

"The search for Madeleine McCann, or any child, should be above politics" - Page 2 Mm11

"The search for Madeleine McCann, or any child, should be above politics" - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

"The search for Madeleine McCann, or any child, should be above politics" - Page 2 Mm11

"The search for Madeleine McCann, or any child, should be above politics" - Page 2 Regist10

"The search for Madeleine McCann, or any child, should be above politics"

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"The search for Madeleine McCann, or any child, should be above politics" - Page 2 Empty Re: "The search for Madeleine McCann, or any child, should be above politics"

Post by Guest 22.03.14 10:36

Apparently Paddy is in his early 70s and has had a long career in journalism. He's certainly not the first experienced writer to be reduced to the level of green as the grass newbie by the McCanns.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/the-tabloid-life-and-times-of-paddy-clancy-26233435.html

I remember the story of the attack victim Michelle Booth - 1978 I think.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

"The search for Madeleine McCann, or any child, should be above politics" - Page 2 Empty Re: "The search for Madeleine McCann, or any child, should be above politics"

Post by Mirage 22.03.14 11:03

Portia wrote:
Mirage wrote:From the above article:   http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/news-opinion/paddy-clancy-search-madeleine-mccann-3268714

'Or is Madeline dead, killed by a captor who has hidden her body so that not a single policeman in Portugal, her home country Britain or her other holiday rendezvous in Donegal has been able to find one trace of what happened?'

Yes, that struck me too: why would mr Clancy suppose the police in Donegal would be in a position to retrieve the little childs' body?
He seems to know so much, where would he have gotten this innovative idea?

Do we know anyone who might have taken her -the child, the body- to Donegal?

Two quid for the right answer!

---------------------------------
I'm confused. I didn't know about this.

Hi Portia could you edit your post please. Your comment looks attributable to me as it is slap in the middle of my comment box. I have put your comment in blue bold in case you are out of edit time.
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22.03.14 11:13

I've edited Portia's post to sort out the confusion, Mirage.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 22.03.14 11:28

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:I've edited Portia's post to sort out the confusion, Mirage.
Thank you NFWTD.  roses 
Mirage

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 22.03.14 11:55

I have only thing to add to the excellent dissection of the Clancy's Craic  article by Lazzeri-lies-in-the-sun:

Clancy's Craic:
'I know, also, that their suffering might have been eased at least marginally if the Portuguese police investigation had a proper cop in charge.'

---------------------

Reply: So, the McCanns are seeking 1,2 million euros damages for this notional and unquantifiable nevertheless possible marginal extra suffering on top of the self-inflicted variety brought on by mislaying their own child through reckless abandonment. Proper cop eh? And not a pip about proper parenting.

The hallmark of this type of commentary is that the writer is in possession of values that equate to moveable feasts. The article is shot through with images of someone wandering a moral wasteland in search of a scruple whilst dropping unintentional clangers.
Mirage

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasputin 22.03.14 12:11

Do we know anyone who might have taken her -the child, the body- to Donegal?

Hmmm?...a family contact with a mode of transport to Ireland ...well there was " yer man Mick McCann from the banks of the Bann was the skipper on the Irish Rover " ....( sorry , couldn'tresist ! )

Activity : 269

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 22.03.14 14:29

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:I see that Paddy was one of the people who reported the miraculous attendance of great-uncle Hughie on that Easter visit to Donegal in 2007 - quite an achievement for a man who died in 1999.  

Ah to be sure t'was no fault of Joe Peoples that he buried great-uncle Hughie prematurely after he'd been taken with a drop too much the dropsy that night in McCanns in 1999, NFWTD, and, to be fair to Joe, as soon as he realised his mistake he dug him up in time for the grand occasion of the wee dote's visit to Donegal at Easter 2007 with 27 or 49 members of her loving family. 

Is Donegal twinned with Burgau? If not, maybe that renowned tenant landlord, undertaker, and committee man, Joe Peoples, will make the necessary proposal to establish a link between the two towns.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22.03.14 15:02

Joe Peoples is also an undertaker? I missed that ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22.03.14 15:08

Indeed yes but it isn't certain that he's one and the same man. However, I gather that in small towns in Ireland it's not unusual for the local publican to be an undertaker too - seriously!

There's also a high ranking officer at Donegal County Council called Joe Peoples.

I had never ever heard this as a surname before but apparently it is common in Ireland.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kimHager 22.03.14 19:58

Perfect timing for an article like that.... Sounds like TM are getting desperate to get more sympathy or fund money I spose they go hand in hand.... I'm curious as to why he would bring up that vacation anyway as I didn't think it was connected in any way to the vacation in Portugal but it is strange when you think about it, why all the vacations in such a short time and why would the police there be in on the investigation unless there is a connection that isn't being brought out in the open. Would take money to go on holiday after holiday it just leaves me with too many questions...

Activity : 483

Back to top Go down

Post by coati mundi 22.03.14 20:18

I have to to come out as Irish here (as remarks from Irish people have been requested). I don't live over there, so I don't know about this g*bsh*te, but I do know that he is, as a fellow Irishman once memorably said about somone, "Dancing to the music of bollo*ology). Fill in the asterixes to taste.
coati mundi

Activity : 237

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 22.03.14 23:43

kimHager wrote:Perfect timing for an article like that.... Sounds like TM are getting desperate to get more sympathy or fund money I spose they go hand in hand.... I'm curious as to why he would bring up that vacation anyway as I didn't think it was connected in any way to the vacation in Portugal but it is strange when you think about it, why all the vacations in such a short time and why would the police there be in on the investigation unless there is a connection that isn't being brought out in the open. Would take money to go on holiday after holiday it just leaves me with too many questions...
On the very same Easter weekend that Dr & Mrs McCann, who was making her first visit to the land of her spouse's forefathers, their 3 year old daughter and their 2 year old twins were in Donegal, where Madeleine memorably insisted on plunging into the icy cold waters off the north west coast of Ireland without her waterwings, a bar owner in the Algarve is prepared to swear that he saw them on a Portuguese beach.

However, given that the McCanns were in the company of 27 or 49 of their relatives, it would seem unlikely they were anywhere near Burgau in Portugal at Easter 2007, wouldn't it?
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by kimHager 24.03.14 2:09

ultimaThule so who is telling the truth... To be honest with The Mcscams involved I do not believe in the stories they come up with. It does seem unlikely they would go from one holiday to another but if they were in Burgau...they needed the Donegal holiday as a cover up for it. I didn't know about the bartender who saw them on the beach but people can't be two places at once and it would be hard to forget them.... ultimaThule do you think the bartender is correct in this? Now im not sure what to think but more questions :-\

Activity : 483

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top