The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Game over?   - Page 3 Mm11

Game over?   - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Game over?   - Page 3 Mm11

Game over?   - Page 3 Regist10

Game over?

Page 3 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game over?   - Page 3 Empty Re: Game over?

Post by Ollie 21.03.14 12:29

I don't think the McCann's will be asked to give lectures, write more bewks or anything else. IMO the vast majority of the public
do not like the McCann's and want them to disappear permanently. Whatever happened to Madeleine was the fault of the
McCann's, they've used the fund to make mortgage payments, GM has made to measure suits (his was wearing one when he
showed up at the court for the libel trial) and who knows what else the fund has funded for them. People are sick of them profitting from the disappearance of Madeleine and laying the blame for it on everyone else.
Ollie

Activity : 279

Back to top Go down

Post by annysmithgold 21.03.14 12:30

HelenMeg wrote:
russiandoll wrote:What about Redwood's Guardian moment re little Maddie possibly not alive when she left the apartment ? Surely he had said something to her parents before dropping this bombshell ? The first mention by SY not merely of death, but being dead in and then removed from 5a.
Take a look at Textusa's blog today - I haven't finished it yet but it is addressing CW update.
It says that this information is has been given to TM, to me that explains the media all over it.unless I have read it wrong.
annysmithgold
annysmithgold

Activity : 52
Location : chilling in the sun, by the pool, in a lovely place

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa 21.03.14 12:31

aquila wrote:Does anyone still believe this isn't a cover-up?

Yes, totally. The McCanns must surely be bombarding SY with 'suspects' in the same fashion as they did the PJ. If SY don't investigate these 'leads' then it will come back to haunt them.
whatliesbehindthesofa

Activity : 1327

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 21.03.14 12:36

whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:

Yes, totally.  The McCanns must surely be bombarding SY with 'suspects' in the same fashion as they did the PJ.  If SY don't investigate these 'leads' then it will come back to haunt them.
Just look at the steps coming from SY...(maybe not in accurate order)

Re-issue of 'hidden' e-fits (closely resembling Gerry)
Elimination of Tannerman
Re-issue of new timeline
Subtle Introduction of 'death in apartment'

Does this not appear to be following some particular route?

what will come next ....there are probably still 4 stages to come at least... to get to the guilty parties
HelenMeg

Activity : 2081

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 21.03.14 12:39

Ollie wrote:I don't think the McCann's will be asked to give lectures, write more bewks or anything else. IMO the vast majority of the public
do not like the McCann's and want them to disappear permanently. Whatever happened to Madeleine was the fault of the
McCann's, they've used the fund to make mortgage payments, GM has made to measure suits (his was wearing one when he
showed up at the court for the libel trial) and who knows what else the fund has funded for them.  People are sick of them profitting from the disappearance of Madeleine and laying the blame for it on everyone else.
You might be sick of them Ollie along with most people on this forum but let me tell you they are dynamite in terms of money for the media/film/charity industries. What they did in terms of leaving their kids alone makes no difference. I can't begin to imagine the many contracts waiting to be offered to them. As sick as it is this is how things work. If ever Madeleine is declared dead (which is looking likely) and there is a definite 'perp' (doesn't matter if the perp is alive or dead) then the world is their oyster. Even if you don't see them on the sofas I can bet they will have royalties flooding in before they get their faces back into world view. This couple are not going away.

It's a sad world innit.

Just take a moment to think about a little girl, almost 4 years old who has been neglected and exploited beyond belief.

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 21.03.14 12:44

HelenMeg wrote:
Yes I believe this is not a whitewash or cover up.
This part of the game is called 'Elimination' play to be followed by an Exit offering the opponents to have no way which to turn -
These are all vital stages - you simply cannot go straight to end game or exit strategy without first doing a very detailed and time-consuming Elimination play. All possible avenues of 'get out ' to the Team Mc Cann must be eliminated.  We must be patient.

I was watching a true FBI Files programme last week; the FBI agents knew who did the crime but didn't have sufficient evidence to take it to trial. It took them 2 years of painstaking work after the crime to go through everything from the very beginning, even working through the night, so that nothing would be missed, in the end they found enough evidence to go to court and had the perpetrators jailed

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown
Newintown

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa 21.03.14 12:46

Newintown wrote:
I was watching a true FBI Files programme last week; the FBI agents knew who did the crime but didn't have sufficient evidence to take it to trial.  It took them 2 years of painstaking work after the crime to go through everything from the very beginning, even working through the night, so that nothing would be missed, in the end they found enough evidence to go to court and had the perpetrators jailed

Also see every episode of Columbo :)
whatliesbehindthesofa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.03.14 12:48

HelenMeg wrote:
Yes I believe this is not a whitewash or cover up.
This part of the game is called 'Elimination' play to be followed by an Exit offering the opponents to have no way which to turn -
These are all vital stages - you simply cannot go straight to end game or exit strategy without first doing a very detailed and time-consuming Elimination play. All possible avenues of 'get out ' to the Team Mc Cann must be eliminated.  We must be patient.
Great response, HelenMeg.  Totally agree.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 21.03.14 12:50

Newintown wrote:
I was watching a true FBI Files programme last week; the FBI agents knew who did the crime but didn't have sufficient evidence to take it to trial.  It took them 2 years of painstaking work after the crime to go through everything from the very beginning, even working through the night, so that nothing would be missed, in the end they found enough evidence to go to court and had the perpetrators jailed

Also see every episode of Columbo :)

Yes, he was a very clever bunny.  Perhaps SY should be sent a boxed set of his TV programmes to give them some help.......... "just one more thing....."

Newintown
Newintown

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 21.03.14 13:36

Well, aquila, you have got some quick responses from at least 3 forum members who feel sure this is NOT a cover-up.

Judging by the poll run by admin on this forum a few months ago: 'Justice or Whitewash?', about 65% of forum members do NOT think this is a cover-up.

A reasonable estimate of the proportion of people in this country who believe this is NOT a cover-up would be 98%.

Judging by the last six years' media and newspaper reports, the proportion of media and newspaper owners, publishers, editors and journalists who believe this is not a cover-up is around 105%.

I think it was Henrik Ibsen who once said: 'The minority is always right'.

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 21.03.14 13:43

I was sure this was a cover up,now I am sitting on the fence,the reason why is in the CW program redwood gave us smithman(Gerry)
now he has slipped in in the latest update that it is a possibility that Madeleine was not alive when she was moved from the apartment(eddie and keela)
perhaps it is a case of slowly,slowly catchee monkey.
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 21.03.14 13:44

Tony Bennett wrote:
Well, aquila, you have got some quick responses from at least 3 forum members who feel sure this is NOT a cover-up.

Judging by the poll run by admin on this forum a few months ago: 'Justice or Whitewash?', about 65% of forum members do NOT think this is a cover-up.

A reasonable estimate of the proportion of people in this country who believe this is NOT a cover-up would be 98%.

Judging by the last six years' media and newspaper reports, the proportion of media and newspaper owners, publishers, editors and journalists who believe this is not a cover-up is around 105%.

I think it was Henrik Ibsen who once said: 'The minority is always right'.

He also said 'The strongest man in the world is he who stands alone.'

I'm sure Goncalo knows that feeling. As do you Tony.
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.03.14 13:46

Tony Bennett wrote:

I hope you weren't including me in that Tony; I really have no idea. I mean, I will freely admit that I think there is a cover up, but I can't say for certain whether SY's latest pronouncements are part of that, or not.

Ibsen actually said "A minority may be right; a majority is always wrong." Strangely I had this discussion elsewhere recently; apparently Ibsen's "Enemy of the People" was the inspiration behind Jaws which I referenced here regarding the likely effect of Redwoods latest revelation moment on the Algarve tourist trade.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Monty Heck 21.03.14 13:56

Bellisa wrote:Disgusting they are pinning this on a dead man.

How has someone that the papers called a 'petty thief' not so long ago now be accused  of paedophilia and has added to his vast cv murder and hiding a body.

He is some man though given he is reportedly responsible for these attacks up to 2010 when he died in 2009.

Reply:
And what of the man reported in the media as being a serial assaulter of white British girls in the Algarve?  Euclides Monteiro fits the description of this man about as much as I do.   big grin 
Monty Heck

Activity : 472

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 21.03.14 14:07

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:

I hope you weren't including me in that Tony; I really have no idea. I mean, I will freely admit that I think there is a cover up, but I can't say for certain whether SY's latest pronouncements are part of that, or not.

Ibsen actually said "A minority may be right; a majority is always wrong." Strangely I had this discussion elsewhere recently; apparently Ibsen's "Enemy of the People" was the inspiration behind Jaws which I referenced here regarding the likely effect of Redwoods latest revelation moment on the Algarve tourist trade.
Clay, I hope you're wearing a pair of padded shorts. All that sitting on the fence can be really hard on the nether regions, especially the chaffing caused by constantly shifting from one side to the other.  laughat
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin 21.03.14 14:16

Independent.ie

David Cameron praises progress in Madeleine McCann investigation

21 March 2014

David Cameron has said he stands ready to speak to the Portuguese over the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

The British Prime Minister did not raise the current British inquiry with Portugal's prime minister, Pedro Passos Coelho, during meetings in Brussels but will step in if Scotland Yard asks for help.  

It comes after Deputy Assistant Commissioner Martin Hewitt expressed frustration at the speed of the legal system through which British police have to ask for Portuguese assistance with their inquiry.

At a press conference following a European Council summit, Mr Cameron said: "I have spoken to the Portuguese prime minister before. I didn't speak to him this council about this issue but obviously I'm pleased that the Metropolitan Police have taken this case forward and they have been working with the Portuguese. "I stand ready, if ever required to, to speak to the Portuguese prime minister or other Portuguese authorities again but I haven't been asked to by the Metropolitan Police and they seem to be making some progress."

Scotland Yard has so far written three international letters of request to the Portuguese, covering 41 priority areas and including 287 separate requests.  

Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood revealed earlier this week that the force are looking for a lone intruder who sexually abused five British girls during a series of break-ins in the Algarve, Portugal. The tanned, dark-haired man is suspected of breaking in to 12 properties where British families were staying in the Algarve, Portugal, between 2004 and 2010.

In four of the incidents, a total of five girls aged between seven and 10 were sexually assaulted. These attacks happened between 2004 and 2006, before Madeleine vanished in 2007.
http://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/david-cameron-praises-progress-in-madeleine-mccann-investigation-30114109.html
tasprin

Activity : 896

Back to top Go down

Post by MRNOODLES 21.03.14 14:21

HelenMeg wrote:

Yes, totally.  The McCanns must surely be bombarding SY with 'suspects' in the same fashion as they did the PJ.  If SY don't investigate these 'leads' then it will come back to haunt them.
Just look at the steps coming from SY...(maybe not in accurate order)

Re-issue of 'hidden' e-fits (closely resembling Gerry)
Elimination of Tannerman
Re-issue of new timeline
Subtle Introduction of 'death in apartment'

Does this not appear to be following some particular route?

what will come next ....there are probably still 4 stages to come at least... to get to the guilty parties

I totally agree. IMO SY believe Maddie died in 5a. And they are going through the motions of crossing off possible suspects. Once they're all scrubbed off we're left with the last two. The last two who'll have no room to wriggle out of it because every other avenue has been thoroughly investigated.
MRNOODLES
MRNOODLES

Activity : 1059

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 21.03.14 14:32

tasprin wrote:Independent.ie

21 March 2014

David Cameron has said he stands ready to speak to the Portuguese over the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

The British Prime Minister did not raise the current British inquiry with Portugal's prime minister, Pedro Passos Coelho, during meetings in Brussels but will step in if Scotland Yard asks for help.  Mr Cameron said: "I stand ready, if ever required to, to speak to the Portuguese prime minister or other Portuguese authorities again but I haven't been asked to by the Metropolitan Police and they seem to be making some progress."
Given that, this week, out of Redwood's mouth came this magnifcient pronouncement:

[size=14.66]"There have been 26 visits to Portugal at both a strategic and tactical level"[/size]

Who could possibly query Cameron's comment that 'some progress has been made'?

It hardly matters really, does it, that:

* the Portuguese police are working on totally different lines of enquiry

* the Portuguese are not co-operating with SY in any shape or form, requiring the 'megaphone diplomacy' we have seen in recent weeks and months

* the Portuguese police are repeatedly telling SY to shut up and get on with the job

* no-one is answering Redwood's rogatory requests 

* Redwood can't make any headway in talking to his huge list of suspects and 'persons of interest'.

SY's work so far has been a £7 million-plus exercise that's been less useful than a chocolate fireguard and about as useful as our government's interventions in Afghanistan and Iraq...

...where Blair and Cameron claim, against all the evidence, that 'we've made some progress'

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 21.03.14 14:43

Does anyone seriously believe that Scotland Yard would put out two different versions of a Crime Watch programme in a bid to trace, identify and eliminate old leads in order to leave the Tapas 9 in a corner?
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa 21.03.14 14:47

aquila wrote:Does anyone seriously believe that Scotland Yard would put out two different versions of a Crime Watch programme in a bid to trace, identify and eliminate old leads in order to leave the Tapas 9 in a corner?

If those 'leads' were likely to be brought up in a defense case, it would look very bad if the 'leads' were ignored. So yes, I do seriously believe it, and for a very good reason.
whatliesbehindthesofa

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 21.03.14 14:49

snipped from TB's post:
"
tasprin wrote:Independent.ie

21 March 2014

The British Prime Minister did not raise the current British inquiry with Portugal's prime minister, Pedro Passos Coelho, during meetings in Brussels but will step in if Scotland Yard asks for help.  Mr Cameron said: "I stand ready, if ever required to, to speak to the Portuguese prime minister or other Portuguese authorities again but I haven't been asked to by the Metropolitan Police and they seem to be making some progress.""

Re. blue highlighting - I may have missed it or forgotten about it, but when did Cameron first speak to the Portugese Prime Minister/authorities.   He uses the word again, so presumably he has spoken before?

I don't recall reading about it.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 21.03.14 14:57

aquila wrote:Does anyone seriously believe that Scotland Yard would put out two different versions of a Crime Watch programme in a bid to trace, identify and eliminate old leads in order to leave the Tapas 9 in a corner?

If those 'leads' were likely to be brought up in a defense case, it would look very bad if the 'leads' were ignored.  So yes, I do seriously believe it, and for a very good reason.
Scotland Yard has no jurisdiction in Portugal.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 21.03.14 15:07

aquila wrote:

If those 'leads' were likely to be brought up in a defense case, it would look very bad if the 'leads' were ignored.  So yes, I do seriously believe it, and for a very good reason.
Scotland Yard has no jurisdiction in Portugal.

Maybe not, but we don't know what arrangement the PJ and SY have come to.  They're not going to let all and sundry know what they are up to, especially internet forums.

If the PJ and SY are both working well together (you can't rely on the nonsense printed in newspapers) they may have come to an agreement that SY can put out appeals on UK TV to tie up loose ends so that they can all get on with the nitty gritty of bringing the case to a conclusion.    Only my opinion of course but as internet "nutters" we cannot expect to know anything that is going on behind the scenes, as with any other criminal investigation SY deal with.

Newintown
Newintown

Back to top Go down

Post by mouse 21.03.14 15:07

No sitting on the fence for me. 

Sadly, lost faith in SY investigation long ago. Too many unbelievable sightings, too many non-updates/breaking news stories....and for how many years??? Slowly, slowly catch the etc...well, this investigation couldn't get any slower - and I'm sorry but I'm not buying all this crossing off the various suspects to get the real suspects in court. Most of this is just assumed stuff going on behind the scenes (that the pj/sy are really working together, that a false trail is put down to leave MC's in false sense of security) Remember, this is the same outfit who charged an innocent man with learning difficulties (as far as I can see) with murder, and who went down wrongly for several years in prison, no compensation, no apology either I don't think. And with all the recent miscarriages of justice - SY don't really have much of reputation to stand on at the moment. We can all want to believe something is going to happen, and I truly wish it was, but wishing for justice is not going to work. I need to see some positive action. And by that - actually seeing SY coming out and saying in public, not in some news article, that abduction isn't the only explanation they are working on. That and the fact that they could start treating the Mccanns and all their friends as possible suspects who left their children on their own while they went to dine on their hols. Not as they have been, like untouchable saintly people - who must always be protected. 

However, I will be the first to hold my hands up and say  I got it wrong with SY if they do get their correct suspects, as we all hope. I just don't see it at the moment, and only hold out hope for GA and his courage to keep on with his one man fight again the (as I see it) establishment. Praise to his lawyer as well of course.
mouse

Activity : 397

Back to top Go down

Post by notlongnow 21.03.14 15:16

mouse wrote:No sitting on the fence for me. 

Sadly, lost faith in SY investigation long ago. Too many unbelievable sightings, too many non-updates/breaking news stories....and for how many years??? Slowly, slowly catch the etc...well, this investigation couldn't get any slower - and I'm sorry but I'm not buying all this crossing off the various suspects to get the real suspects in court. Most of this is just assumed stuff going on behind the scenes (that the pj/sy are really working together, that a false trail is put down to leave MC's in false sense of security) Remember, this is the same outfit who charged an innocent man with learning difficulties (as far as I can see) with murder, and who went down wrongly for several years in prison, no compensation, no apology either I don't think. And with all the recent miscarriages of justice - SY don't really have much of reputation to stand on at the moment. We can all want to believe something is going to happen, and I truly wish it was, but wishing for justice is not going to work. I need to see some positive action. And by that - actually seeing SY coming out and saying in public, not in some news article, that abduction isn't the only explanation they are working on. That and the fact that they could start treating the Mccanns and all their friends as possible suspects who left their children on their own while they went to dine on their hols. Not as they have been, like untouchable saintly people - who must always be protected. 

However, I will be the first to hold my hands up and say  I got it wrong with SY if they do get their correct suspects, as we all hope. I just don't see it at the moment, and only hold out hope for GA and his courage to keep on with his one man fight again the (as I see it) establishment. Praise to his lawyer as well of course.
Very good post.
All this fannying about is tedious.
notlongnow

Activity : 541

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top