The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Game over?   - Page 5 Mm11

Game over?   - Page 5 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Game over?   - Page 5 Mm11

Game over?   - Page 5 Regist10

Game over?

Page 5 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game over?   - Page 5 Empty Re: Game over?

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa 21.03.14 17:44

notlongnow wrote:
Either way doesn't answer the dogs.
If a cover up is on the cards the dogs must be driving them nuts.

Ah, but if you stick with Tannerman you can just claim - as have the McCanns for the past 6 years - that their evidence can't be trusted, and that it wasn't corroborated. Of course, this is nonsense - but you can't say that the evidence of the dogs was fine in 5A, but not in any of the other places. Half and half isn't going to work. Scotland Yard would be mightily stupid to attempt that.
whatliesbehindthesofa

Activity : 1327

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.03.14 17:45

Have faith guys
I have it on good authority that in his press conference AR actually said:

"One assertion is that when she left apartment G5a, she was alive. That is only one way which she could have left the apartment. Of course we hope beyond hope that that is the case - and in fact within that, sits the possibility she is still alive, that we just cannot prove is not the case. But on the other side of it, there is always the potential that she didn't leave the apartment alive and what is important for us to do in consider all the options."

AND

"may not follow with all our thinking" was said in relation to the adbuction.

So he publicly has cast doubt on the abduction, that is a first.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa 21.03.14 17:45

worriedmum wrote:
And for what reason would a dead child be 'abducted'?

If the argument is to be that this is a serial attacker, could someone with professional knowledge explain if it usual for perpetrators to escalate into murder/ abduction , then return to sitting on beds and mumbling? I am not trying to belittle the ordeal of the child victims in this,I would like to add.

And 'abducted' so successfully that no trace has been found in nearly 7 years.
whatliesbehindthesofa

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 21.03.14 18:03

Does anyone think that the McCanns are not in possession of lucrative offers to sign away their daughter's demise to a media company?

Does anyone think that the McCanns will not do this if their daughter is declared dead?

Does anyone think that the McCanns will stay in UK and just 'get on with things' once Madeleine is declared dead?
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa 21.03.14 18:09

aquila wrote:Does anyone think that the McCanns are not in possession of lucrative offers to sign away their daughter's demise to a media company?

Does anyone think that the McCanns will not do this if their daughter is declared dead?

Does anyone think that the McCanns will stay in UK and just 'get on with things' once Madeleine is declared dead?

Then perhaps they should take Tannerman off their website and replace him with Stinkman.
whatliesbehindthesofa

Back to top Go down

Post by MRNOODLES 21.03.14 18:14

aquila wrote:Does anyone think that the McCanns are not in possession of lucrative offers to sign away their daughter's demise to a media company?

IMO When she is categorically declared dead, will literally be just before their arrest. Therefore it'll stop them bleating to the media. And the money making racket will grind to a halt.
MRNOODLES
MRNOODLES

Activity : 1059

Back to top Go down

Post by gbwales 21.03.14 18:17

As one who believes this isn't a whitewash - I must say that if the McCann's aren't in control of SY's directions and the media's torrent of daft stories, then it must be piling huge pressure on them as they must surely know someone's messing with their heads, and yet they have to play along.

Mr Universe to Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
gbwales
gbwales

Activity : 303

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa 21.03.14 18:22

gbwales wrote:As one who believes this isn't a whitewash - I must say that if the McCann's aren't in control of SY's directions and the media's torrent of daft stories, then it must be piling huge pressure on them as they must surely know someone's messing with their heads, and yet they have to play along.

The right side of Kate's face agrees with you ;-)  Must really hurt to have the same thing done to them as they've been doing to the British public since 2007.
whatliesbehindthesofa

Back to top Go down

Post by Monty Heck 21.03.14 18:22

dantezebu wrote:Have faith guys

"One assertion is that when she left apartment G5a, she was alive. That is only one way which she could have left the apartment. Ofuch course we hope beyond hope that that is the case - and in fact within that, sits the possibility she is still alive, that we just cannot prove is not the case.  But on the other side of it, there is always the potential that she didn't leave the apartment alive and what is important for us to do in consider all the options."

AND

"may not follow with all our thinking"  was said in relation to the adbuction.

Maybe it's just me but this is such a tortuous way of making what should be a simple statement.  Unless I have it wrong, the essence of what he says is:

within the hope that she is still alive sits the possibliity that might be true, however we just cannot prove that is not the case
and
on the other hand we have to consider that she may not have left the apartment alive

"however we just cannot prove that is the case" makes much better sense, particularly when followed by "there is always the potential that she didn't leave the apartment alive".  Perhaps you (or Hobs or someone with similar analytical skills) could unravel this?  It would be good indeed to maintain faith but understanding would be a step in the right direction sad .
Monty Heck

Activity : 472

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa 21.03.14 18:26

Monty Heck wrote:
Maybe it's just me but this is such a tortuous way of making what should be a simple statement.  Unless I have it wrong, the essence of what he says is:

within the hope that she is still alive sits the possibliity that might be true, however we just cannot prove that is not the case
and
on the other hand we have to consider that she may not have left the apartment alive

"however we just cannot prove that is the case" makes much better sense, particularly when followed by "there is always the potential that she didn't leave the apartment alive".  Perhaps you (or Hobs or someone with similar analytical skills) could unravel this?  It would be good indeed to maintain faith but understanding would be a step in the right direction sad .

My opinion is that it is Redwood's way of obfuscating a very serious public declaration. The declaration has been made, but few have noticed it. Perhaps he has been studying the master of obfuscation Donald Rumsfeld.
whatliesbehindthesofa

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 21.03.14 18:27

Monty Heck wrote:

"One assertion is that when she left apartment G5a, she was alive. That is only one way which she could have left the apartment. Ofuch course we hope beyond hope that that is the case - and in fact within that, sits the possibility she is still alive, that we just cannot prove is not the case.  But on the other side of it, there is always the potential that she didn't leave the apartment alive and what is important for us to do in consider all the options."

AND

and

I'm guessing Hobs will say that is sensitive!   big grin
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Post by Tangled Web 21.03.14 18:30

Mirage wrote:
Monty Heck wrote:

AND

and

I'm guessing Hobs will say that is sensitive!   big grin

I've read that statement numerous times and it just gives me a headache. Definite obfuscation. Can't really expect anything else in this case (confusion is good).
Tangled Web

Activity : 319

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 21.03.14 19:07

mouse wrote:
Newintown wrote:
mouse wrote:No sitting on the fence for me. 

Sadly, lost faith in SY investigation long ago. Too many unbelievable sightings, too many non-updates/breaking news stories....and for how many years??? Slowly, slowly catch the etc...well, this investigation couldn't get any slower - and I'm sorry but I'm not buying all this crossing off the various suspects to get the real suspects in court. Most of this is just assumed stuff going on behind the scenes (that the pj/sy are really working together, that a false trail is put down to leave MC's in false sense of security) Remember, this is the same outfit who charged an innocent man with learning difficulties (as far as I can see) with murder, and who went down wrongly for several years in prison, no compensation, no apology either I don't think. And with all the recent miscarriages of justice - SY don't really have much of reputation to stand on at the moment. We can all want to believe something is going to happen, and I truly wish it was, but wishing for justice is not going to work. I need to see some positive action. And by that - actually seeing SY coming out and saying in public, not in some news article, that abduction isn't the only explanation they are working on. That and the fact that they could start treating the Mccanns and all their friends as possible suspects who left their children on their own while they went to dine on their hols. Not as they have been, like untouchable saintly people - who must always be protected. 

However, I will be the first to hold my hands up and say  I got it wrong with SY if they do get their correct suspects, as we all hope. I just don't see it at the moment, and only hold out hope for GA and his courage to keep on with his one man fight again the (as I see it) establishment. Praise to his lawyer as well of course.

Red lettering - how many of these stories have been made up by the newspapers to sell more copies.  They seem to be a law unto themselves as to what is printed whether it's true or not.

Blue lettering - None of us know what has been going on in the background, SY are unlikely to advertise to all and sundry whether they have been treating the McCanns and their friends as suspects and the McCanns and their friends are DEFINITELY not going to tell anyone if they've been treated as possible suspects and if they've been subjected to more interviewing.

As to the libel trial with GA being put on hold at the moment, there must be something quite major going on in the background which could affect the trial's outcome, i.e. that there is evidence that Madeleine died in the apartment which would blow the libel trial out of the water. 

Just my humble opinion of course, I could really be barking up the wrong tree, woof, woof!   winkwink
Thanks for your take on things, but when you say how many of these stories have been made up by newspapers etc - I take your point, but SY do  nothing to stop these stories coming out, thus causing huge confusion. I mean, if SY were so intent on getting their man or woman - wouldn't they stop false stories happening. Surely this could hamper the investigation? And remember it is not only the newspaper stories I was talking about - AR has played a starring role in the CW updates - and this more than anything is one huge confusing mess.

You also say none of us know what has been going on in the background - exactly my point. I like to deal with the facts as I see them, not what I think or hope may be going on. You could equally argue that SY and the PJ had a massive argument the last time SY turned up and were sent home, door slammed behind them, but we don't know that with any certainyy. Though I have to say the digs at each other in the press both here and abroad - do seem to hint that way, but as I say we just don't know.

As for GA's Libel trial - I'm sure something is stalling this, but whether it is Team MC or GA - I don't know. But this trial sure has ruffled some feathers and I don't think they're GA's. I believe, due to the absence of stories concerning this trial, someone, or certain parties wish it would just go away.
The police can't do anything to curb the press Mouse, nor should they.  As irritating as it is, it is better for the Press to release whatever stories they can without police or political interference. 

The press are perhaps not as motivated as we are on here, they are ruled by whatever sells newspapers, and the Madeleine story always does.  Scotland Yard are in a very peculiar, if not unique situation with this case.  It has always dominated the media, and their swarms of armchair detectives and Miss Marples following their every move.  Every statement issued is dissected and scrutinised by experts on this case and all the 'ologies that spring from it.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by Monty Heck 21.03.14 19:09

Relieved others had the same problem understanding the Redwood statement.  After reading several times am still none the wiser.  For an announcement it's certainly pretty oblique.  He does seem ok to reveal that they have failed to find proof that M is still alive, despite all efforts, in which case those hopes he spoke of ought to be extinguished from an investigative point of view.
Monty Heck

Activity : 472

Back to top Go down

Post by View-from-Ireland 21.03.14 19:20

I'm not so sure there is an elaborate game being played out in front of our very eyes. 

Would it be necessary to distort things as much as that Crimewatch reconstruction did just to help eliminate all avenues leading away from the McCanns and their Tapas friends?

Sadly, I don't see it. It would all be rather elaborate, and I am sure the implied criticisms of the Portuguese would not be allowed if that were the case. No, to me this whole process is conforming exactly to the McCann script and they are at its heart. 

I sincerely hope I am proved wrong.

View-from-Ireland

Activity : 149

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 21.03.14 19:22

re Redwood' words    ""may not follow with all our thinking"  was said in relation to the adbuction.

The ALL word here shows how much doubt there is imo.

as I posted elsewhere yesterday, doubt re abduction plus mention of possibly deceased in 5a then removed..

a very big step.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.03.14 19:24

I am not a statement analysist or have any experience at all, but the words that are important here for me are "one assertion"
Which to me says that it is not SYs assertion but someone elses.
It is more foreceful than saying "one theory" or "one assumption" "one idea"
But I would also like to see what Hobs makes of it.

"One assertion is that when she left apartment G5a, she was alive. That is only one way which she could have left the apartment. Of course we hope beyond hope that that is the case - and in fact within that, sits the possibility she is still alive, that we just cannot prove is not the case. But on the other side of it, there is always the potential that she didn't leave the apartment alive and what is important for us to do in consider all the options."

But for me the introduction of doubt about the abduction is most important. If there was no abduction, there is only room for one scenario.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 21.03.14 19:28

Monty Heck wrote:Relieved others had the same problem understanding the Redwood statement.  After reading several times am still none the wiser.  For an announcement it's certainly pretty oblique.  He does seem ok to reveal that they have failed to find proof that M is still alive, despite all efforts, in which case those hopes he spoke of ought to be extinguished from an investigative point of view.

The message was lost, probably deliberately with DCI Redwood's skilful wordplay, but it was in there Monty - Madeleine may have died in the apartment.  Actually, the message wasn't that ambiguous, the usually dense pro's picked up on it and are now acknowledging on Twitter that Madeleine might be dead. Similarly in their cesspit they are spinning it that the 'abductor' may have killed Madeleine and taken her body with him.  This statement I think has changed everything, there is no way a death and a clean up could have occurred without the parents' knowledge.  Naturally they haven't worked out how Madeleine could have been killed and removed in between the half hourly checks (bet Matt is sorry he did that check now), though there have been several attempts by Scum (judy) and Deuce.  Death in the apartment = game, set and match.
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 21.03.14 19:30

Monty Heck wrote:Relieved others had the same problem understanding the Redwood statement.  After reading several times am still none the wiser.  For an announcement it's certainly pretty oblique.  He does seem ok to reveal that they have failed to find proof that M is still alive, despite all efforts, in which case those hopes he spoke of ought to be extinguished from an investigative point of view.
The news that Madeleine McCann was to be tacked on to this week's CrimeWatch was announced very suddenly.

Within 24 hours there was a slew of prominent newspaper headlines about the latest likely 'suspect'.

Face it, after seven years and £7-million-plus, the British public would be expecting a pretty dramatic new twist and development.

Yet so far is the Redwood team from finding the so-far nameless abductor, that his appeal amounted to no more than this:

"Do you know anything about a dark tanned smelly bloke with slurred speech and who speaks English with a foreign accent, who may have entered your apartment and sought to have contact with or abuse a girl aged 7 or 10, somewhere between 2004 and 2010? It may help you to remember that he usually did this between 2 and 4 in the early hours of the morning. Look, the Portuguese police have faffed about with this for 10 years and failed to trace him. Ring our number and we'll find him. It might not be the bloke we're looking for. But it would be real progress if we could eliminate him. Then we would know that we had to look for someone else".

It wasn't like this, was it?

Bernard Hogan-Howe to Redwood: "Amaral's been spouting forth again - this time on a Portuguese news channel. Kirsty Young's waiting for your call at CrimeWatch. Ring her now, and say something. Anything!"

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 21.03.14 19:37

Cristobell, am not being pedantic, but Redwood's words do not necessarily mean what you claim they do. If  Maddie was dead when she was removed from 5a, that does not mean that the apartment was where she died.

Just thought his wording gave some food for thought

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by mouse 21.03.14 19:38

Cristobell wrote:
mouse wrote:
Newintown wrote:
mouse wrote:No sitting on the fence for me. 

Sadly, lost faith in SY investigation long ago. Too many unbelievable sightings, too many non-updates/breaking news stories....and for how many years??? Slowly, slowly catch the etc...well, this investigation couldn't get any slower - and I'm sorry but I'm not buying all this crossing off the various suspects to get the real suspects in court. Most of this is just assumed stuff going on behind the scenes (that the pj/sy are really working together, that a false trail is put down to leave MC's in false sense of security) Remember, this is the same outfit who charged an innocent man with learning difficulties (as far as I can see) with murder, and who went down wrongly for several years in prison, no compensation, no apology either I don't think. And with all the recent miscarriages of justice - SY don't really have much of reputation to stand on at the moment. We can all want to believe something is going to happen, and I truly wish it was, but wishing for justice is not going to work. I need to see some positive action. And by that - actually seeing SY coming out and saying in public, not in some news article, that abduction isn't the only explanation they are working on. That and the fact that they could start treating the Mccanns and all their friends as possible suspects who left their children on their own while they went to dine on their hols. Not as they have been, like untouchable saintly people - who must always be protected. 

However, I will be the first to hold my hands up and say  I got it wrong with SY if they do get their correct suspects, as we all hope. I just don't see it at the moment, and only hold out hope for GA and his courage to keep on with his one man fight again the (as I see it) establishment. Praise to his lawyer as well of course.

Red lettering - how many of these stories have been made up by the newspapers to sell more copies.  They seem to be a law unto themselves as to what is printed whether it's true or not.

Blue lettering - None of us know what has been going on in the background, SY are unlikely to advertise to all and sundry whether they have been treating the McCanns and their friends as suspects and the McCanns and their friends are DEFINITELY not going to tell anyone if they've been treated as possible suspects and if they've been subjected to more interviewing.

As to the libel trial with GA being put on hold at the moment, there must be something quite major going on in the background which could affect the trial's outcome, i.e. that there is evidence that Madeleine died in the apartment which would blow the libel trial out of the water. 

Just my humble opinion of course, I could really be barking up the wrong tree, woof, woof!   winkwink
Thanks for your take on things, but when you say how many of these stories have been made up by newspapers etc - I take your point, but SY do  nothing to stop these stories coming out, thus causing huge confusion. I mean, if SY were so intent on getting their man or woman - wouldn't they stop false stories happening. Surely this could hamper the investigation? And remember it is not only the newspaper stories I was talking about - AR has played a starring role in the CW updates - and this more than anything is one huge confusing mess.

You also say none of us know what has been going on in the background - exactly my point. I like to deal with the facts as I see them, not what I think or hope may be going on. You could equally argue that SY and the PJ had a massive argument the last time SY turned up and were sent home, door slammed behind them, but we don't know that with any certainyy. Though I have to say the digs at each other in the press both here and abroad - do seem to hint that way, but as I say we just don't know.

As for GA's Libel trial - I'm sure something is stalling this, but whether it is Team MC or GA - I don't know. But this trial sure has ruffled some feathers and I don't think they're GA's. I believe, due to the absence of stories concerning this trial, someone, or certain parties wish it would just go away.
The police can't do anything to curb the press Mouse, nor should they.  As irritating as it is, it is better for the Press to release whatever stories they can without police or political interference. 

The press are perhaps not as motivated as we are on here, they are ruled by whatever sells newspapers, and the Madeleine story always does.  Scotland Yard are in a very peculiar, if not unique situation with this case.  It has always dominated the media, and their swarms of armchair detectives and Miss Marples following their every move.  Every statement issued is dissected and scrutinised by experts on this case and all the 'ologies that spring from it.
Hi there cristobell

Thanks for posting your thoughts. Please don't think that I want to curb the press - a free press is essential to this country. I'm well and truly hacked off with Gerry and his celeb Hacked Off Campaigners and what their intentions are to shut down what I see as freedom of speech. However, if SY want to treat this investigation about a missing child as seriously as they try to make out, they should make their statements and updates on crimewatch concise and understandable to the British public - so that we can take them seriously too. You can see all the confusion and wild speculation this has caused on this forum and on twitter/comments sections of papers etc. Why can't SY just say, as I've heard in press conferences about other cases " regarding speculation that has appeared in the press - this is pure speculation and not based on any fact, and would ask the press to respect the sensitivity of the case by not continuing on hearsay or gossip etc, ....bla, bla....." But they don't, SY let the media's outlandish stories continue to leak while their own appear muddled/contradictory all at the public's expense. Some might say confusion is exactly their desired aim.
mouse

Activity : 397

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 21.03.14 19:43

Tony Bennett wrote:
The news that Madeleine McCann was to be tacked on to this week's CrimeWatch was announced very suddenly.

Within 24 hours there was a slew of prominent newspaper headlines about the latest likely 'suspect'.

Face it, after seven years and £7-million-plus, the British public would be expecting a pretty dramatic new twist and development.

Yet so far is the Redwood team from finding the so-far nameless abductor, that his appeal amounted to no more than this:

"Do you know anything about a dark tanned smelly bloke with slurred speech and who speaks English with a foreign accent, who may have entered your apartment and sought to have contact with or abuse a girl aged 7 or 10, somewhere between 2004 and 2010? It may help you to remember that he usually did this between 2 and 4 in the early hours of the morning. Look, the Portuguese police have faffed about with this for 10 years and failed to trace him. Ring our number and we'll find him. It might not be the bloke we're looking for. But it would be real progress if we could eliminate him. Then we would know that we had to look for someone else".

Bernard Hogan-Howe to Redwood: "Amaral's been spouting forth again - this time on a Portuguese news channel. Kirsty Young's waiting for your call at CrimeWatch. Ring her now, and say something. Anything!"
Hello Kirsty, Andy here. Look I've got something to say so can you slot me in? No, no, it's not a revelation moment Kirsty, I've got something really juicy this time. Yeah, yeah, it's a paedophile in the Algarve and I can prove it's the one who took Maddie - got his t shirt and a pile of info. Not sure if the DNA is sufficient, but you know what this fooking dna stuff is. What I need Kirsty is to get on your programme and ask the UK public for a name. OK, thanks see you later. xxx

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 21.03.14 19:48

Tony Bennett wrote:

I am with you there Tony, lol.  Goncalo's appearance ruffled some feathers eh.  They must see him as a loose cannon, again and again he is trashing their abduction theories by pointing out that all the swarthy and smelly suspects were fully investigated in 2007.  He kind of threw down the gauntlet with his political challenge.  Perhaps the DCI was throwing out a challenge of his own in blaming the delays on the Portuguese and David Cameron has now stepped in offering his help.  I sometimes wonder if DC offered his help during his brief family holiday in the Algarve last year?  Pure speculation on my part, I should add.
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post by tungsten tel 21.03.14 20:11

Havent had time to read all of this thread so excuse me if im repeating . Recently I posted my thoughts that s/y could not sign off the whitewash until the p/j had done that . They would look ridiculous if they cleared the Mccanns and at a later date the p/j charged them and the Mccanns were found guilty of a serious offence . The c/w farce was an appeal for information with regards to a claim made by K/M in her book . They are filling in time to make themselves look busy . They know what happened and like the newspapers they will have an ending to tell that matches what happens in Portugal . IE Redwood saying she may of died in the appartment . Whaere I come from its called COVERING ONES ARSE . no
tungsten tel

Activity : 74

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 21.03.14 20:15

View-from-Ireland wrote:I'm not so sure there is an elaborate game being played out in front of our very eyes. 

Would it be necessary to distort things as much as that Crimewatch reconstruction did just to help eliminate all avenues leading away from the McCanns and their Tapas friends?

Sadly, I don't see it. It would all be rather elaborate, and I am sure the implied criticisms of the Portuguese would not be allowed if that were the case. No, to me this whole process is conforming exactly to the McCann script and they are at its heart. 

I sincerely hope I am proved wrong.
Hi View from Ireland,  smilie and I must look up your posts, would be very interested to know what is indeed the 'view from the Ireland'!

You have made some very important points, this review and investigation has been on the scale of Cleopatra (the Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton show stopper.  The size of Operation Grange (37 homicide officers) does make me wonder what on earth it is they are investigating.  It seems to be way out of proportion to one child being abducted by a lone killer.  Apparently it was a one off, we are now 7 years on, and there has been nothing that compares.

On the whole I am optimistic, actually more than optimistic, that it will all soon be over. It is the wrong political climate for cover ups, even people like Rupert Murdoch are being called to give account of themselves.  Nothing changes, but justice must be seen to be done.

Gerry and Kate are not likeable people, neither one of them has any saving graces.  In addition, they are demanding and controlling, how many 'McCanns are furious' headlines have we seen.  It was only a matter of time before they peed the right people off and their Petition (with its handy paypal button) was dumped in favour of an actual review by real police.  That must have been a bummer.
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top