The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Missing Flight MH370

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Missing Flight MH370

Post by Tony Bennett on 02.04.14 11:02

From the above SKY News summary of alternatives:

5. The aircraft was deliberately diverted by the pilot/co-pilot
No reason for this has been identified. If it was a suicide attempt then why did the aircraft continue to fly for so long?

REPLY: Precisely. There is evidence it flew for 5 to 7 hours after it diverted between Malaysia and Vietnam. That is not evidence of a mentally unstable, suicidal pilot, but of PLANNING (along with many other signs of planning).

Another question is why there were no mobile phone calls or texts from passengers or cabin crew, given the in-flight entertainment (IFE) map would have shown the aircraft going off course. One explanation is the IFE system was turned off.

REPLY: I am no technical person, but given that we have:

1. deliberate diversion of the aircraft from a NE flight path to a W flight path
2. deliberate switching-off of the transponder
3. deliberate switching-off of other systems...

...there is no reason why someone with technical knowlegde could not have turned off the mobile 'phones as well

The second is most passengers were asleep or did not realise anything was wrong until it was too late to do anything. If they tried to phone later, the aircraft would have been in a remote area over the ocean where there was no signal. The third is passengers and cabin crew may have been incapacitated in some way, such as by hypoxia due to cabin depressurisation.

REPLY: Unlikely, I think, as the plane would have probably crashed much sooner. Things like 'hypoxia' and 'cabin depressurisation' or (per PeterMac) a sudden 'blow torch fire' would not account for:

1. deliberate diversion of the aircraft from a NE flight path to a W flight path
3. deliberate switching-off of other systems.

OVERALL SUMMARY BY SKY NEWS : It’s possible.

REPLY: By far the most credible theory so far IMO. I think the plane was safely landed somewhere. I expect the loss of this plane to lead to demands for greater security and data collection methods, at airports and for other purposes, whether biometric data or even RFID 'chips'

ETA:  From the BBC website today: 'Malaysian mystery may never be solved': http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-26847402

Just like the Madeleine McCann mystery then? Two disappearances. No answers.

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 02.04.14 11:12

At the risk of sounding really stupid, up until about two years ago I did long haul flights frequently. Mobile phones were not allowed to be activated during the flight or even on landing. I'm not aware that CAA rules have changed since that time.

Sorry if I sound a bit of a dimwit.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 02.04.14 11:36

@aquila wrote:At the risk of sounding really stupid, up until about two years ago I did long haul flights frequently. Mobile phones were not allowed to be activated during the flight or even on landing. I'm not aware that CAA rules have changed since that time.

I am also a dimwit in these matters, but is not the point that the GPS or whatever it is can track a mobile 'phone even when it is 'switched off'?

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg on 02.04.14 11:41

@Tony Bennett wrote:From the above SKY News summary of alternatives:

5. The aircraft was deliberately diverted by the pilot/co-pilot
No reason for this has been identified. If it was a suicide attempt then why did the aircraft continue to fly for so long?

REPLY: Precisely. There is evidence it flew for 5 to 7 hours after it diverted between Malaysia and Vietnam. That is not evidence of a mentally unstable, suicidal pilot, but of PLANNING (along with many other signs of planning).

Another question is why there were no mobile phone calls or texts from passengers or cabin crew, given the in-flight entertainment (IFE) map would have shown the aircraft going off course. One explanation is the IFE system was turned off.

REPLY: I am no technical person, but given that we have:

3. deliberate switching-off of other systems...

...there is no reason why someone with technical knowlegde could not have turned off the mobile 'phones as well

The second is most passengers were asleep or did not realise anything was wrong until it was too late to do anything. If they tried to phone later, the aircraft would have been in a remote area over the ocean where there was no signal. The third is passengers and cabin crew may have been incapacitated in some way, such as by hypoxia due to cabin depressurisation.

REPLY: Unlikely, I think, as the plane would have probably crashed much sooner. Things like 'hypoxia' and 'cabin depressurisation' or (per PeterMac) a sudden 'blow torch fire' would not account for:

3. deliberate switching-off of other systems.

OVERALL SUMMARY BY SKY NEWS : It’s possible.

REPLY: By far the most credible theory so far IMO. I think the plane was safely landed somewhere. I expect the loss of this plane to lead to demands for greater security and data collection methods, at airports and for other purposes, whether biometric data or even RFID 'chips'

ETA:  From the BBC website today: 'Malaysian mystery may never be solved': http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-26847402

Just like the Madeleine McCann mystery then? Two disappearances. No answers.
I also believe this  ' plane landed.  I think the chaos and turmoil is part of the terrorism. I also believe there maybe a part 2 to this mystery - still to occur. I sincerely hope not though - in a way it would be much simpler if it has crashed into the Indian Ocean (whilst being an utter tragedy for all the relatives and families).

HelenMeg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 02.04.14 11:45

Châtelaine wrote:I sometimes wonder, whether it could be an heroic suicide/homicide by the pilots to prevent something much worse happening? After all, there were some people with false passport on board. They might have been terrorists.

I don't believe in pilot suicide. It goes against my grain of belief that anyone could murder a few hundred people just to fulfill a suicidal wish.
All the passengers on the list, including those two traveling on stolen passports, were referenced and checked in retrospect and nothing untoward about them was found according to report.  

Post 9/11 changes how airlines must operate.
Enforced strict security checks at airports render it virtually impossible to smuggle in weapon, liquid, or bomb making devices.  So strict that not even nail clipper is allowed in hand carrier.  9/11 hijackers were armed only with pen knifes and managed to fait accompli.

That said, rules are not fool proof.  For example you must take out your PC, phones, electronic devices such as Ipad etc,  leave it open to go through security, but if you should pack your mobile phone inside a hand luggage it is allowed to go through security-scan in situ in the hand luggage.
 And we all know something as small as a handphone is packed with hell of a lot of technology that can be used to do a lot more than possibly imaginable these days; and can be used for lethal mean if intended that way.  It can be used to detonate a bomb  that is hypothetically say  left in the checked-in-luggage for example, ie if the device in the check-in bag managed to escape security scan.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 02.04.14 12:00

@aquila wrote:At the risk of sounding really stupid, up until about two years ago I did long haul flights frequently. Mobile phones were not allowed to be activated during the flight or even on landing. I'm not aware that CAA rules have changed since that time.

IMO use of mobile phones should be disallowed in flights as it can be a lethal weapon if abused for criminal intent.
It is a stupid law to say one mustn't activate it during take off and landing but it is allowed for use inflight otherwise, as anyone planning to hijack or do harm to the plane won't attempt it during take off and landing. They would execute their action/plan when plane is in high altitude when it is impossible to stop them.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrincha on 02.04.14 12:04

As I understand it, the area involved is under constant military surveillance especially from China & U.S.A, & many others. I cannot believe that this plane flew undetected at any stage, and may well have been shot down.

Garrincha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 02.04.14 12:08

@ Tony Bennett
3. deliberate switching-off of other systems

While off Course Diversion is easier to put down as deliberate for obvious reason, the disabling of transponder and other devices are yet to be proven as deliberate.
Any device is susceptible to unexpected and sudden failure if triggers by a fault, and explanation for the failure is often the study of post crash investigation.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 02.04.14 12:16

@Garrincha wrote:As I understand it, the area involved is under constant military surveillance especially from China & U.S.A, & many others. I cannot believe that this plane flew undetected at any stage, and may well have been shot down.

Not impossible, but wouldn't the country responsible for shooting it down whether or not by mistake be pressured by other country's government to come clean?

A mistaken shot down in military air space will have been picked up by military or civilian intelligence by now surely?
I dont believe any government can shoot down a civilian plane (even by mistake) can hope to cover up their mistake without being found out sooner or later.

Unless governments of several countries are involved in the cock-up and there's a conspiracy to hide this at all cost.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 02.04.14 12:26

http://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/20140329/planes-gone-missing-without-trace-dot-alaskas-aviation-history

The above link article ref many open cases of missing air planes still waiting to be solved.
Maybe MH 370 falls into this category that won't bear answer for years to come if ever.
I just find so incredible that in this day and age of modern-highly-advanced technology that a plane can disappear off planet earth without a trace or explanation.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 02.04.14 13:06

@aiyoyo wrote:
Châtelaine wrote:I sometimes wonder, whether it could be an heroic suicide/homicide by the pilots to prevent something much worse happening? After all, there were some people with false passport on board. They might have been terrorists.

I don't believe in pilot suicide. It goes against my grain of belief that anyone could murder a few hundred people just to fulfill a suicidal wish.
It seems you've misunderstand me. I've underlined, where our thinking went "astray" ...

Back to top Go down

Post by mysterion on 02.04.14 13:15

Maybe the aircrafts comms were knocked out by solar activity. The auto pilot ceased to function and the pilot used guess work. The plane moves out of civilian airspace. So we have an object trvelling at 500mph with no comms and it is spotted by a military defence system and shot down.
A lot of us will remember the Iranian jumbo jet shot down by the US over the Persian Gulf. That plane was in civilian air space and its transponder was working.

mysterion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The old advert people complained about

Post by PeterMac on 02.04.14 13:31

One can understand why it caused so much distress !
I suppose some advertising executive at the time thought it was appropriate
" />

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by statsman on 02.04.14 13:57

PeterMac,

It's a day late for April Fool.

That's an Airbus A380 and the original advert apparently said:

"OUR NEW A380 - A JOURNEY OF EPIC PROPORTIONS. THE PRIDE OF OUR NATION."

It seems some photoshops are easier to spot than others.

statsman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Upsy Daisy on 02.04.14 14:54

I read a thread about one of the passengers phil wood of IBM who sent a message from his iphone and his coordinates were that of Diego Garcia. Now obviously it is being debated that this is a hoax. See link below.

http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2014/03/hijacked-ibm-engineer-successfully-dialed-out-of-diego-garcia-2928892.html

Also I just posted a link earlier re proposed micro chipping in US.

Upsy Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 02.04.14 15:14

Châtelaine wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:

It seems you've misunderstand me. I've underlined, where our thinking went "astray" ...

I did not misunderstand you. It is my belief too......

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 02.04.14 18:46

@Upsy Daisy wrote:I read a thread about one of the passengers Phil Wood of IBM who sent a message from his iphone and his coordinates were that of Diego Garcia. Now obviously it is being debated that this is a hoax. See link below.

http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2014/03/hijacked-ibm-engineer-successfully-dialed-out-of-diego-garcia-2928892.html 
This seems like a glaring hoax put together by someone.

I think there are some videos of Phil Wood's girlfriend speaking about her loss. There is something very strange about her. She is calling for much tighter airport security.

On message...

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 03.04.14 7:47

@aiyoyo wrote:http://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/20140329/planes-gone-missing-without-trace-dot-alaskas-aviation-history

The above link article ref many open cases of missing air planes still waiting to be solved.
Maybe MH 370 falls into this category that won't bear answer for years to come if ever.
I just find so incredible that in this day and age of modern-highly-advanced technology that a plane can disappear off planet earth without a trace or explanation.

What baffles me even more is that it is said to have flown 7 hours or so before it disappeared. We have had that case of the plain of a golf player that depressurized in flight and kept flying for hours and hours. In that case it was quickly known and monitored. Here they only come up with it hours and hours after it should have arrived.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils on 03.04.14 9:05

You know, Tony, I agree about that passenger's girlfriend seeming slightly... well, odd.

Lance De Boils

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils on 03.04.14 9:11

My prediction is that some time from now, when the black box will be useless, pieces of 'wreckage' will be found drifting around the Southern Indian Ocean. They'll show a piece being pulled from the water, with a very convenient strip of the airline's livery - just enough to convince the world. But I will take a hell of a lot more convincing that it's not been planted.

Lance De Boils

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 03.04.14 9:22

@Lance De Boils wrote:My prediction is that some time from now, when the black box will be useless, pieces of 'wreckage' will be found drifting around the Southern Indian Ocean. They'll show a piece being pulled from the water, with a very convenient strip of the airline's livery - just enough to convince the world. But I will take a hell of a lot more convincing that it's not been planted.

Why stop there?  i'm waiting for a couple of waterproof passports being found. We know that a passport from one of the 9/11 hijackers survived intact, being found on the ground.  Fireproof so why not waterproof?

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 03.04.14 9:24

Me too L de B.

I was just going to mention 9/11 Tigger and those last two planes which we're expected to believe were completely vaporised.

Back to top Go down

Post by Upsy Daisy on 03.04.14 10:48

There appears to be a lot of planted disinformation out there....mm ...confusion is good!

Upsy Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 03.04.14 14:39

@Lance De Boils wrote:My prediction is that some time from now, when the black box will be useless, pieces of 'wreckage' will be found drifting around the Southern Indian Ocean. They'll show a piece being pulled from the water, with a very convenient strip of the airline's livery - just enough to convince the world. But I will take a hell of a lot more convincing that it's not been planted.

Black box is built to withstand extreme conditions and is pretty indestructible.  

The ultrasonic ping sound have an underwater locator lifespan beacon of 30 days, beyond there will be no ping signals for Sonar to pick up.
But robot submarine, mini-sub, and other underwater autonomous sophisticated vehicle and device and oceanographic expertise can be used to search for the black box and often with success. 

Air Adam black box was recovered 7 months after the crash.  Air France black box was recovered 2 years later using help from american consultancy co. that helped to locate the wreckage of titanic; and in both cases the recovered boxes were still good for purpose.

There is too much media interest in MH 370 disappearance, and in this day of global media intrusion and sophisticated recovery machineries there is no reason to believe the wreckage is beyond reach.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 03.04.14 14:53

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:Me too L de B.

I was just going to mention 9/11 Tigger and those last two planes which we're expected to believe were completely vaporised.

There is a memorial museum full of memorabilia salvaged from the 9/11 ground zero open to the public.
What I don't understand is why they built a replica tower to commemorate the catastrophe, likening it to symbolic monuments such as The Eiffel Tower and The Pyramid when there is no comparison with these ancient monuments.   The significance of those ancient monuments isn't the same as Twin Tower rises from the ashes.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum