The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Roma family to Sue after Arrest and Removal of Blond Child

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Roma family to Sue after Arrest and Removal of Blond Child

Post by rainbow-fairy on 12.03.14 13:28

About time! After all the 'stolen blondes Roma camp' hysteria, resulting such courses of action like these and the 'Maria' case, maybe TMcC will be more wary about who they point the finger at? Hmmm, probably not!

Mods please feel free to move if necessary

Gypsy family sue Irish state for unlawful arrest of albino boy

- http://www.irishcentral.com./news/Gypsy-family-sue-Irish-state-for-unlawful-arrest-of-albino-boy.html#ixzz2vaTPhJcs

Patrick Counihan @irishcentral 
March 09,2014 05:06 AM

A Roma gypsy family are to sue the Irish state after their child was taken from them by police who thought he was stolen.The family’s lawyers have confirmed their action after two-year-old Iancu Mantean Jnr was removed from his home in Athlone last October.His parents Iancu Snr and Loredana Sava produced a birth certificate for the youngster who had blond hair and blue eyes because he was albino.Officers still took the child into care for a day before a national outcry preceded his return home.Dad Iancu told the Irish Sun: “I said to the guards, ‘Please, my son is sick, he has a little bit albino, please don’t make him sad.’ It is wrong why they take my kid.”The Athlone incident occurred just days after a girl was wrongly taken from a Roma family in the Dublin suburb of Tallaght.The Irish Sun reports that legal papers have now been filed in the High Court on behalf of Iancu and parents, Iancu Snr and Loredana Sava.They are suing Ireland’s Justice Minister, police commissioner and the State for damages for unlawful arrest, false imprisonment, emotional suffering and breaches of human and constitutional rights.Lawyer Paul Connellan said: “The family have been left upset and angry by what has happened. They never received an apology to this day.” http://www.thesun.ie/irishsol/homepage/news/5495868/Family-of-snatched-Roma-lad-sue-state.html 
A Roma gypsy family are to sue the Irish state after their child was taken from them by police who thought he was stolen.

The family’s lawyers have confirmed their action after two-year-old Iancu Mantean Jnr was removed from his home in Athlone last October.

His parents Iancu Snr and Loredana Sava produced a birth certificate for the youngster who had blond hair and blue eyes because he was albino.

Officers still took the child into care for a day before a national outcry preceded his return home.

Dad Iancu told the Irish Sun: “I said to the guards, ‘Please, my son is sick, he has a little bit albino, please don’t make him sad.’ It is wrong why they take my kid.”

The Athlone incident occurred just days after a girl was wrongly taken from a Roma family in the Dublin suburb of Tallaght.

The Irish Sun reports that legal papers have now been filed in the High Court on behalf of Iancu and parents, Iancu Snr and Loredana Sava.

They are suing Ireland’s Justice Minister, police commissioner and the State for damages for unlawful arrest, false imprisonment, emotional suffering and breaches of human and constitutional rights.

Lawyer Paul Connellan said: “The family have been left upset and angry by what has happened. They never received an apology to this day.”

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.

rainbow-fairy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Roma family to Sue after Arrest and Removal of Blond Child

Post by ultimaThule on 12.03.14 13:48

"His parents Iancu Snr and Loredana Sava produced a birth certificate for the youngster who had blond hair and blue eyes because he was albino.Officers still took the child into care for a day before a national outcry preceded his return home.Dad Iancu told the Irish Sun: “I said to the guards, ‘Please, my son is sick, he has a little bit albino, please don’t make him sad.’"

An appalling tale of abuse of power.  Why was this child put through the trauma of being taken away from his parents, in what sounds to have been most upsetting and distressing circumstances, after they had produced his birth certificate? 

I look forward to this case coming before the courts.

As for the McCanns.. do they have a care for the trauma they've caused to countless children by failing to address their own deficiencies as parents?  They're not capable of caring for anyone except themselves.  I hope someone is looking out for the twins because their 'parents' aren't worthy of the title.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy on 12.03.14 14:44

ultimaThule \"His parents Iancu Snr and Loredana Sava produced a birth certificate for the youngster who had blond hair and blue eyes because he was albino.Officers still took the child into care for a day before a national outcry preceded his return home.Dad Iancu told the Irish Sun: “I said to the guards, ‘Please, my son is sick, he has a little bit albino, please don’t make him sad.’" wrote:
An appalling tale of abuse of power.  Why was this child put through the trauma of being taken away from his parents, in what sounds to have been most upsetting and distressing circumstances, after they had produced his birth certificate? 

I look forward to this case coming before the courts.

As for the McCanns.. do they have a care for the trauma they've caused to countless children by failing to address their own deficiencies as parents?  They're not capable of caring for anyone except themselves.  I hope someone is looking out for the twins because their 'parents' aren't worthy of the title.
I agree ultimaThule, a shocking case, very heavy-handed. Would it (and other cases) have happened had Team McCann not so often pulled the 'gypsy child-stealer' card? It is far from uncommon for Roma to be fair-skinned with light hair and eyes, so where did all this come from? Think of the damage to the poor kids! Not that K+G would think that way, its always 'Me me me' with them Sad

BTW - sorry for the mess of a post above, don't get all the text box - thought it hadn't C+P'd, obviously had... Can't seem to alter typo's either, seems I type too fast for my phone to register the letters - I can spell lol Wink

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

rainbow-fairy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 12.03.14 17:51

What a pity they're probably going to sue the Irish police or social services instead of TM.

They're not likely to get so much as a card from TM to say how they empathise with them, knowing what it's like to suddenly have your child taken from you...

I vote for a t shirt with rainbow-fairy's avatar on it!  thumbsup 

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sami on 12.03.14 17:59

This is only one of two cases.  This little boy was not the one widely reported during the period of mania surrounding children who did not look like their parents.  There was a little girl also taken into care.  Her parents could not supply a birth cert on demand.  When the register of births was checked they did not find the child either because her official registered name did not match the name used on a daily basis.  She spent a number of days away from her family until the officials found somebody with a brain cell who worked it all out.  I hope that family takes action too.

sami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 12.03.14 23:48

@tigger wrote:What a pity they're probably going to sue the Irish police or social services instead of TM.

They're not likely to get so much as a card from TM to say how they empathise with them, knowing what it's like to suddenly have your child taken from you...

I second your suggestion, tigger  high5    Eddie the Superdog t-shirts will be issued to all forum members travelling from London Victoria to Brighton to take coffee and cakes with the prospective Tory candidate for Brighton Pavillion at Knoyle Hall on 31 May - providing he doesn't discover he's overlooked a prior appointment at NSY Rothley Towers and is forced to cancel his first appearance before the electorate which has been well publicised in advance, lol4

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemmied_Shatter on 13.03.14 13:43

Now we have the inept bungling Irish Garda. The mind boggles at all these inept out of order police forces.
 shark shark 

Jemmied_Shatter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy on 21.03.14 18:50

@tigger wrote:What a pity they're probably going to sue the Irish police or social services instead of TM.

Yes tigger! I'm in - Eddie R.I.P
And no, can't see McCanns empathising  nah

rainbow-fairy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum