The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

The Greek Police are investigating whether Madeleine McCann may be located at the hotel "Gouves", Crete, Greece.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Greek Police are investigating whether Madeleine McCann may be located at the hotel "Gouves", Crete, Greece.

Post by NickE on 12.03.14 11:28

Heraklion | 11/03/2014 - 8:39
[size=39]Surveys on the little Madeleine and in Gouves[/size]


An information arrived in Heraklion, the local Police, with authorities investigating the case of missing Madeleine small, trying to cross the information that the girl was seen at Hotel Gouves.

From Europol sent to the police department of the Peninsula, a few days ago. According to "Patrice" the strange thing is that sought after so many months sought to investigate the cameras of the hotel and to determine whether the material depicts the Madeleine.
Recall that little Madeleine, was abducted in 2007 from Portugal. While not the first time he has asked police to investigate Crete for information relating to the matter, in the area of ​​Hersonissos and Malia.


Google translate.

NickE

Posts : 916
Reputation : 217
Join date : 2013-10-27
Age : 41

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Greek Police are investigating whether Madeleine McCann may be located at the hotel "Gouves", Crete, Greece.

Post by AndyB on 12.03.14 12:49

@NickE wrote:Heraklion | 11/03/2014 - 8:39
[size=39]Surveys on the little Madeleine and in Gouves[/size]


An information arrived in Heraklion, the local Police, with authorities investigating the case of missing Madeleine small, trying to cross the information that the girl was seen at Hotel Gouves.

From Europol sent to the police department of the Peninsula, a few days ago. According to "Patrice" the strange thing is that sought after so many months sought to investigate the cameras of the hotel and to determine whether the material depicts the Madeleine.
Recall that little Madeleine, was abducted in 2007 from Portugal. While not the first time he has asked police to investigate Crete for information relating to the matter, in the area of ​​Hersonissos and Malia.


Google translate.
I can't see that article anywhere on the page that appears to have been translated (http://www.creteplus.gr/eidiseis/irakleio.html&usg=ALkJrhgPdd-5OJBjzUpP-V_MnmJDLluR3Q).

Can we have a link to the original page please?

AndyB

Posts : 692
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-06-03
Age : 53
Location : Consett, County Durham

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Greek Police are investigating whether Madeleine McCann may be located at the hotel "Gouves", Crete, Greece.

Post by NickE on 12.03.14 13:11

It look like they have removed the article.
I'II try to search for it.

NickE

Posts : 916
Reputation : 217
Join date : 2013-10-27
Age : 41

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Greek Police are investigating whether Madeleine McCann may be located at the hotel "Gouves", Crete, Greece.

Post by ultimaThule on 12.03.14 13:33

It seems to me you most probably stumbled over some reference to the case of Jean Hanlon late of Gouves, Crete, whose death is referred to in that part of mccannfiles.com which contains assorted news items which are unrelated to the case except for containing reference to the names McCann or Mitchell, most usually in the context of someone being reported 'missing'.

If you come across any more such reports it may be an idea to put them on the newbies questions thread before creating a new one otherwise 'hot topics' slide down the board and it can be difficult for some (such as computer illiterates like myself) to find them.

ultimaThule

Posts : 3355
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-09-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Greek Police are investigating whether Madeleine McCann may be located at the hotel "Gouves", Crete, Greece.

Post by NickE on 12.03.14 18:03

@AndyB wrote:
@NickE wrote:Heraklion | 11/03/2014 - 8:39
[size=39]Surveys on the little Madeleine and in Gouves[/size]


An information arrived in Heraklion, the local Police, with authorities investigating the case of missing Madeleine small, trying to cross the information that the girl was seen at Hotel Gouves.

From Europol sent to the police department of the Peninsula, a few days ago. According to "Patrice" the strange thing is that sought after so many months sought to investigate the cameras of the hotel and to determine whether the material depicts the Madeleine.
Recall that little Madeleine, was abducted in 2007 from Portugal. While not the first time he has asked police to investigate Crete for information relating to the matter, in the area of ​​Hersonissos and Malia.


Google translate.
I can't see that article anywhere on the page that appears to have been translated (http://www.creteplus.gr/eidiseis/irakleio.html&usg=ALkJrhgPdd-5OJBjzUpP-V_MnmJDLluR3Q).

Can we have a link to the original page please?
Found it.
http://www.creteplus.gr/news/ereunes-gia-ti-mikri-mantlin-kai-stis-goubes-irakleiou-81585.html

NickE

Posts : 916
Reputation : 217
Join date : 2013-10-27
Age : 41

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Greek Police are investigating whether Madeleine McCann may be located at the hotel "Gouves", Crete, Greece.

Post by Tangled Web on 12.03.14 18:51

Wasn't Catriona Baker shipped off to Greece?

Tangled Web

Posts : 303
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-11-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Greek Police are investigating whether Madeleine McCann may be located at the hotel "Gouves", Crete, Greece.

Post by Guest on 12.03.14 19:29

@Tangled Web wrote:Wasn't Catriona Baker shipped off to Greece?
***
Yes.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Greek Police are investigating whether Madeleine McCann may be located at the hotel "Gouves", Crete, Greece.

Post by NickE on 12.03.14 20:00

Châtelaine wrote:
@Tangled Web wrote:Wasn't Catriona Baker shipped off to Greece?
***
Yes.
"It is believed Ms Baker has since been reinterviewed by both British and Portuguese police but she has been told not to comment on the investigation.
...
On the day Madeleine disappeared Ms Baker had spent nearly six hours with the toddler, along with five other children aged between three and five.
...
Madeleine and her two-year-old twin siblings, Sean and Amelie, were placed in the resort's Kids Club, where Ms Baker worked, at around 10am while their parents took a stroll before collecting them at 12.30pm for lunch back at the apartment.
...
Ms Baker was not with the McCanns when the alarm was sounded over Madeleine's disappearance just before 10pm.However, she joined the search shortly after 11pm after completing her duties as a night babysitter.


Mark Warner did not return Ms Baker to Portugal from Greece and she has since left the company. She is now a live-in nanny looking after three children. Her location is being withheld on the request of the McCanns.


Ms Baker refused to comment about the investigation into Madeleine's disappearance, adding: 'I don't want to go through it again.'
...
• Catriona Baker, with address at ... and telephone no. ..".


She may remain in Greece, but where?

http://www.zoominfo.com/p/Catriona-Baker/1281321918

NickE

Posts : 916
Reputation : 217
Join date : 2013-10-27
Age : 41

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Greek Police are investigating whether Madeleine McCann may be located at the hotel "Gouves", Crete, Greece.

Post by Guest on 13.03.14 9:45

Searches for little Madeleine in Gouves, Heraklion!, 11 March 2014

Information has been received by the local police in Heraklion, from the authorities investigating the case of the missing child Madeleine, and they are trying to check the information that the girl was spotted in a hotel in Gouves.

The request was sent from Europol to the police department of the peninsula, a few days ago. According to "Πατρίς" [Greek news website] the strange thing is that they have sought, after so many months, to investigate the cameras of the hotel to see if the material depicts the child.

It will be recalled that little Madeleine was abducted in 2007 from Portugal. It is not the first time the police in Crete have been asked to investigate information relating to the matter, in the area of ​​Hersonissos and Malia.

While British newspapers claim the time is approaching for the arrests of the abductors of the child Madeleine - who was abducted in the spring of 2007 from Portugal - Europol, through the badge of the Crete police, has requested the investigation of possibly relevant information.

Simply, this information relates to a blonde girl who looked like a 4-year-old Madeleine and was spotted at a hotel in Gouves!

Through the Greek Police Headquarters of Europol the document was sent to the police department of the peninsula a few days ago. The strange thing is that they have sought, after so many months, to investigate the cameras of the hotel to see if the material depicts the child. As expected, the investigation has not paid off, since the hotel was not able to keep the material from the closed circuit system after so many months.

It is not, however, the first time the police in Crete have been asked to investigate for evidence relating to this particular case, mainly in the wider region of Hersonissos and Malia.

Madeleine disappeared from her hotel room, between 21.30-22.00, while her parents, Kate and Gerry dined just 50 metres away from her, on 3 May 2007. Because the windows and shutters were found open when the authorities arrived at the location, having just been informed of the disappearance, they considered that they were dealing with the abduction of the child.

A few days later, the authorities gave the public a sketch which depicted a male suspect who was probably holding Madeleine, but that was not informative, as it displayed more the back of his body. It also formalised their thoughts that the small child is alive. Meanwhile, the Portuguese media through their reporting believe that the little girl has fallen victim to a paedophile ring.

The story has shocked many in the global community including footballers Cristiano Ronaldo and David Beckham, who sent a public appeal for the release of the 4-year-old girl. Not only famous entrepreneurs, but also footballer Wayne Rooney, offered the amount of 5,000,000 euros to anyone who could find her.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id232.html

Is the foreign press now being used to put out extremly olld stories?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Greek Police are investigating whether Madeleine McCann may be located at the hotel "Gouves", Crete, Greece.

Post by Doug D on 13.03.14 10:05

'Is the foreign press now being used to put out extremely old stories?'

Good point Cherry Blossom.

The PJ, apparently having given SY & the MBM a bollocking for leaking/printing rubbish, resulting in the recent lack of headlines, maybe this is the new pink alternative, which they know will get back to the UK and can open up reporting of 'the such and such Greek/Spanish/Thai etc paper reports that......' so it's not their fault.

Doug D

Posts : 2149
Reputation : 640
Join date : 2013-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Greek Police are investigating whether Madeleine McCann may be located at the hotel "Gouves", Crete, Greece.

Post by ultimaThule on 13.03.14 10:19

It's often the case that when searching old press reports, the articles found have the current date.  

Fwiw, as far as I'm aware Mark Warner do not offer holidays to Crete and Catriona Baker was shipped off to San Agostino which is in the Peloponnese.

ultimaThule

Posts : 3355
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-09-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Greek Police are investigating whether Madeleine McCann may be located at the hotel "Gouves", Crete, Greece.

Post by Guest on 13.03.14 10:34

@Doug D wrote:'Is the foreign press now being used to put out extremely old stories?'

Good point Cherry Blossom.

The PJ, apparently having given SY & the MBM a bollocking for leaking/printing rubbish, resulting in the recent lack of headlines, maybe this is the new pink alternative, which they know will get back to the UK and can open up reporting of 'the such and such Greek/Spanish/Thai etc paper reports that......' so it's not their fault.

Could be right Doug D,  If they do then we will all know where the story came from, pure spin! Shame the hotel didn't think to keep the material from the CCTV, but then why should they?

.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Greek Police are investigating whether Madeleine McCann may be located at the hotel "Gouves", Crete, Greece.

Post by Guest on 13.03.14 12:34

I'm confused. Although it's an old story, has it been dusted off and reprinted/published online recently or has it just been pulled up by a search engine?

If it has been recycled recently, could the reporting be a result of the requests for help said to have been made by SY to a number of European countries ie closing off another (far fetched) line of enquiry? 

If so, we'd best steel ourselves for another cycle of (old) sightings across the world and Clarrie will no doubt get dizzy with all his twizzing.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Greek Police are investigating whether Madeleine McCann may be located at the hotel "Gouves", Crete, Greece.

Post by Jemmied_Shatter on 13.03.14 12:45

So now we can speculate on the lawless hills of crete. I hope the Greeks live up to type.
 big grin big grin 

Jemmied_Shatter

Posts : 67
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Greek Police are investigating whether Madeleine McCann may be located at the hotel "Gouves", Crete, Greece.

Post by Cristobell on 13.03.14 13:42

Good point about foreign press Cherry Blossom  smilie 


Ridiculous as ever. Almost any girl between the ages of 9 and 12 could be Maddie, remember the Asian one? And was it Clarence or Dave Edgar who said, she may have had her hair cut and be disguised as a boy. The scope is now wider still as the coloboma was just a fleck.

I don't wish to be unkind, but even the child's own mother would be hard pushed to recognise now if she were still alive. I do wonder what it is that convinces complete strangers (presumably sane) to contact the authorities to say they are certain they have seen the missing Madeleine. The age progression picture resembles at least 60% of white girls in that age range. Any loon can point the finger at any child.

I once read the ramblings of one sightor (or is it sightee?) who was convinced the child he saw was Madeleine on the basis of her nose. I know there are people on the net who study noses to the extent that they can differentiate between the noses of children between the ages of 3 and 10, but its a pretty specialised subject and probably no more than a handful of experts worldwide. That one stumbled upon the most highly published missing child in the world was remarkable.

Quite funny that they are getting the stories through via the foreign press, they just can't help themselves can they!

Cristobell

Posts : 2436
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-10-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Greek Police are investigating whether Madeleine McCann may be located at the hotel "Gouves", Crete, Greece.

Post by kimHager on 13.03.14 18:03

I wonder who they got their info from because I was under the impression the Portugese authorities presumed she was dead or had died in apt 5a and also if the Greek authorities had been asked to check this out more than once and didn't.... Do they believe she is alive? Obviously this story is old and someone on TM probably contacted the..... Wait...Thats not how they roll.

____________________
Kim

kimHager

Posts : 465
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-01-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Greek Police are investigating whether Madeleine McCann may be located at the hotel "Gouves", Crete, Greece.

Post by NickE on 13.03.14 18:36

@kimHager wrote:I wonder who they got their info from because I was under the impression the Portugese authorities presumed she was dead or had died in apt 5a and also if the Greek authorities had been asked to check this out more than once and didn't.... Do they believe she is alive?  Obviously this story is old and someone on TM probably contacted the..... Wait...Thats not how they roll.
PJ silenced the lies in British media,CM must go abroad. violin

NickE

Posts : 916
Reputation : 217
Join date : 2013-10-27
Age : 41

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Greek Police are investigating whether Madeleine McCann may be located at the hotel "Gouves", Crete, Greece.

Post by G1 on 28.05.14 5:05

@NickE wrote:
Châtelaine wrote:
@Tangled Web wrote:Wasn't Catriona Baker shipped off to Greece?
***
Yes.
"It is believed Ms Baker has since been reinterviewed by both British and Portuguese police but she has been told not to comment on the investigation.
...
On the day Madeleine disappeared Ms Baker had spent nearly six hours with the toddler, along with five other children aged between three and five.
...
Madeleine and her two-year-old twin siblings, Sean and Amelie, were placed in the resort's Kids Club, where Ms Baker worked, at around 10am while their parents took a stroll before collecting them at 12.30pm for lunch back at the apartment.
...
Ms Baker was not with the McCanns when the alarm was sounded over Madeleine's disappearance just before 10pm.However, she joined the search shortly after 11pm after completing her duties as a night babysitter.


Mark Warner did not return Ms Baker to Portugal from Greece and she has since left the company. She is now a live-in nanny looking after three children. Her location is being withheld on the request of the McCanns.


Ms Baker refused to comment about the investigation into Madeleine's disappearance, adding: 'I don't want to go through it again.'
...
• Catriona Baker, with address at ... and telephone no. ..".


She may remain in Greece, but where?

http://www.zoominfo.com/p/Catriona-Baker/1281321918


Just out of interest in reply to your querying if Ms Baker remains in Greece still (whatever relevance it might or might not have)...

Ms Baker had been living in New York last time I found any info about her. I suppose this was about a year and a half ago. She seemed to be living the glamorous party lifestyle, and indeed there were various very glamorous photos of the woman. I'm not someone to say the young lady was not good looking in Praia da Luz, though she seemed to come across as a sensible, mature kind of au pair, rather than the party type. Things did seem to have changed a lot there, she was very glamorous in her NY photos  - very shiny style mag so (that kind of life, the groups of the style mag obsessed, it seemed to me) and was going out to party a lot. 

I know this because I happened to come across Ms. Baker's wide open Facebook account, not locked to Facebook friends (or even just for Facebook members). Anyone could access her account's photos and timeline and connection and so on.

I haven't checked if it's still there. I just came across it once, it was open to all, and there was no doubt at all this was the same Ms. Baker, the PdL nanny of Madeleine McCann. I was questioning why I was looking at someone's personal site, whom I don't know but it wasn't private, and it was interesting to find this out. Whatever happened, life goes on and you can't stop that. Ms. Baker looked happy, if wildly transformed, though with the  kind of smiles at those parties, who knows if they mean happy or "fit in"?!

Anyway it enabled me to answer your question. I guess Ms Baker is still being a more glamorous version of the nanny who hit the 2007 headlines, in New York. Whether relevant or not. I can't see that her being in New York could be especially relevant. 

I did always think there was something fishy about a lot of the set up in PdL, though. With the keys to apartments missing and probably copied, it's not too much to wonder who was staying tight lipped and about what. Who had blind eyes to underhand relations happening in the Ocean Club, from nannies to restaurant staff to anyone. Not to suspect involvement per se, but wonder what any might have had some vague knowledge of and, for whatever reason, not say. I still find it strange that no-one knows anything. Is it just the wish to hush up something for the sake of tourism and the economy - which the police have been doing - or were there further levels of secrecy?

G1

Posts : 35
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-05-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum