The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

A Royal Wedding - Prince Harry to wed Cressida

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Royal Wedding - Prince Harry to wed Cressida

Post by Guest on 09.03.14 21:43

Back to top Go down

Re: A Royal Wedding - Prince Harry to wed Cressida

Post by Woofer on 09.03.14 21:47

At last.  She seems more interesting than William`s wife.

ETA - It seems they haven`t announced anything - is the Mirror jumping the gun?

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 09.03.14 21:53

@Woofer wrote:At last.  She seems more interesting than William`s wife.

No, but the Star is!

Back to top Go down

Post by notlongnow on 09.03.14 21:54

More tax payers money down the drain.

notlongnow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 09.03.14 22:05

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/theroyalfamily/10293649/Why-Duchess-of-Cambridge-would-not-want-Prince-Harry-to-marry-Cressida-Bonas.html

O dear.  I predict tiaras at dawn in the not too distant future, but surely Kate knew she was marrying into a monarchy which has not produced a faithful husband since ...  scratchhead  ...Ethelred the Unready?   laughat

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 09.03.14 22:07

Ladyinred wrote:

No, but the Star is!

Oh, whoops - same category though  big grin

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 09.03.14 22:14

@Woofer wrote:
Ladyinred wrote:

No, but the Star is!

These rags are pathetic.  Harry & Cressy go to a rugby match  sad then... wedding bells!

Sad face because of result.

Back to top Go down

Post by justathought on 09.03.14 23:41

My view is that she is welcome to him. As Kate is to William. If it falls through. Possibly Rupert Murdoch be an alternative match?
Prince harry's track record..........

Wearing a Nazi uniform to a costume party. 
Calling a fellow army colleague a "Paki".
Making inappropriate comments as to his role as an Apache pilot and seeming to think his military service was some form of big "game".

He is a fool elevated to a place of significance. When in reality he has little more between his ears than his father. In fact if seems to be a trait of the Royal Family that despite their "blue blood", they are in the main "thick" (to put it bluntly!) and lack any "common sense". IMO

justathought

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 10.03.14 9:04

@Woofer wrote:
Ladyinred wrote:

No, but the Star is!

The Pair ? Or the Newspapers ?

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 10.03.14 9:07

Better Pedigree that Kate (apparently)!

Hope she's more interesting than superficial Kate.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 10.03.14 9:09

@ultimaThule wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/theroyalfamily/10293649/Why-Duchess-of-Cambridge-would-not-want-Prince-Harry-to-marry-Cressida-Bonas.html

O dear.  I predict tiaras at dawn in the not too distant future, but surely Kate knew she was marrying into a monarchy which has not produced a faithful husband since ...  scratchhead  ...Ethelred the Unready?   laughat

Oh well, she probably knew it and still didn't mind risking it.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10.03.14 9:15

As far as I know, the last two Georges (V and VI) didn't stray from the marital path but yes that's an unusual trait!

Good to see that the McCanns don't have a monopoly in the tabloids when it comes to silly stories.

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 10.03.14 10:01

@aiyoyo wrote:
@ultimaThule wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/theroyalfamily/10293649/Why-Duchess-of-Cambridge-would-not-want-Prince-Harry-to-marry-Cressida-Bonas.html

What still annoys me from time to time is that the saintly Diana was by her own admission the first to be unfaithful. Her husband may not be the ideal she'd been expecting for but he was not the first to be physically unfaithful in that marriage.

Unfaithful husbands are ten to the dozen, why should it be different for the aristocracy? Serial fatherhood however, a severe drain on the welfare system, seems to be mostly confined to the lower layers of society.

Imo it's entirely the hypocrisy of the press which made it vital to find a bride without a 'past' for Charles.
Thank goodness that is no longer the case.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 10.03.14 10:28

@tigger wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:

What still annoys me from time to time is that the saintly Diana was by her own admission the first to be unfaithful. Her husband may not be the ideal she'd been expecting for but  he was not the first to be  physically unfaithful  in that marriage.

Unfaithful husbands are ten to the dozen, why should it be different  for the aristocracy?  Serial fatherhood however, a severe drain on the welfare system, seems to be mostly confined to the lower layers of society.

Imo it's entirely the hypocrisy of the press which made it vital to find a bride without a 'past' for Charles.

Thanks goodness that is no longer the case

The thing is Diana knew about Charles & Camilla even before her wedding yet she went ahead with it.
Kate knew William fell for Cressida's stepsister, being the reason he broke off with her, yet she did not deter her from hanging on to him.
It's only to end one way - in tears.
I suspect these girls are determined to become princess at all cost, even at the cost of unfaithful husband or divorce.
At the end of the day they are fame hungry, and a royal is the biggest catch and short cut route to fame.

People learned Diana is female version of a philanderer in retrospect. Had she not died, then those juicy bits of her life would have been kept secret.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 10.03.14 10:29

@tigger wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:

What still annoys me from time to time is that the saintly Diana was by her own admission the first to be unfaithful. Her husband may not be the ideal she'd been expecting for but  he was not the first to be  physically unfaithful  in that marriage.

Unfaithful husbands are ten to the dozen, why should it be different  for the aristocracy?  Serial fatherhood however, a severe drain on the welfare system, seems to be mostly confined to the lower layers of society.

Thank goodness that is no longer the case.

My feelings entirely. At least he's with the woman of his true heart now.

Poor guy to have been obliged to waste so much time in his earlier years.

The British establishment so despises the practice of 'arranged/forced marriages' in the Indian etc. cultures yet what was happening here. Prince Charles was being forced into a marriage which was agreed by his 'parents / the establishment' but which was clearly not his heartfelt choice.

Hypocrisy with a capital H, all to show 'reverence' to the state religion, god's blessing upon the union, the promise to be loyal, the one to the other, yet turning a consequential 'blind eye' to any infidelity as in 'droit de seigneur / or as in past times, the siring of illegitimate children, to satisfy either the 'true heart' or maybe just sheer lustiness.

To my mind, there is more sin in hypocrisy.

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10.03.14 13:23

@aiyoyo wrote:
@tigger wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:

The thing is Diana knew about Charles & Camilla even before her wedding yet she went ahead with it.
Kate knew William fell for Cressida's stepsister, being the reason he broke off with her, yet she did not deter her from hanging on to him.
I suspect these girls are determined to become princess at all cost, even at the cost of unfaithful husband or divorce.
At the end of the day they are fame hungry, and a  royal is the biggest catch and short cut route to fame.

People learned Diana is female version of a philanderer in retrospect.  Had she not died, then those juicy bits of her life would have been kept secret.

Who's Cressy's step-sister, aiyoyo?  I thought they split because he was bored, then realised his mistake when Kate was seen out and about enjoying herself.  I don't think this one will end in tears - they've known each other a long time and Kate has a solid and supportive family background.  Not so sure about Harry&Cressy though, she's too young and both have divorced parents which statistically puts them
at a higher risk of divorce themselves than those couples whose parents remain together.

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 10.03.14 13:25

If I was into soaps I'd watch Eastenders ;-)

whatliesbehindthesofa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10.03.14 13:33

@whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:If I was into soaps I'd watch Eastenders ;-)

Sorry, whatlies, I couldn't resist.  I didn't start this thread though!  smilie

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsC on 10.03.14 15:32

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/theroyalfamily/10293649/Why-Duchess-of-Cambridge-would-not-want-Prince-Harry-to-marry-Cressida-Bonas.html

Air, whose boyfriend now has a beard, is refreshed after returning from a long holiday in America with Freya, her nine-year-old daughter by Damian Aspinall. “It was so much fun,” she says. “We had such a great time.”

LOL, very subtle given the rumours!  laughat

The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out...

Thomas Babington Macaulay

MrsC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 10.03.14 21:06

Ladyinred wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:
@tigger wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:

At the end of the day they are fame hungry, and a  royal is the biggest catch and short cut route to fame.

People learned Diana is female version of a philanderer in retrospect.  Had she not died, then those juicy bits of her life would have been kept secret.

Who's Cressy's step-sister, aiyoyo?  I thought they split because he was bored, then realised his mistake when Kate was seen out and about enjoying herself.  I don't think this one will end in tears - they've known each other a long time and Kate has a solid and supportive family background.  Not so sure about Harry&Cressy though, she's too young and both have divorced parents which statistically puts them
at a higher risk of divorce themselves than those couples whose parents remain together.

According to that article, cressy's half sister rejected Prince William, and because of the unrequited love, he went back to Kate.

It's written in the stars it will end in tears.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ir_lo1GQU9Q

On the contrary it's written in the stars Cressy will make a very good wife.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co7AVYdaXLM

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 16.03.14 19:03

I did read that Cressie has told her friends that she is not ready for marriage yet.   

Here we go, here we go, here we go o o o o.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 17.03.14 8:58

Yeah, deny first to get reporters off her back.......that's how it works, it doesn't mean anything.

Also it could be that royal correspondents are redundant, no materials to work on anymore now that hacking is exposed.
They can guess/speculate 50/50 chance about the marriage. No one is going to deny or protest. 
It serves the purpose of  filling up the columns and nothing else.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum