The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

PJ warns British police that they don't want to see the investigation in the papers

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

PJ warns British police that they don't want to see the investigation in the papers

Post by nglfi on 03.03.14 10:57

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id232.html

A very interesting article in the latest news section of the McCann files website. It seems that some of the leads given out by the MSM are false, surprise surprise! There was no secret dossier re burglars. Is this a warning to SY or the McCanns?

nglfi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PJ warns British police that they don't want to see the investigation in the papers

Post by jeanmonroe on 03.03.14 11:15

@nglfi wrote:http://www.mccannfiles.com/id232.html

A very interesting article in the latest news section of the McCann files website. It seems that some of the leads given out by the MSM are false, surprise surprise! There was no secret dossier re burglars. Is this a warning to SY or the McCanns?

Well i don't expect Andy would welcome the PJ releasing 'files' into the public domain about his force's 'co-operation or non co-operation' do you?

The PJ have 20 meetings 'worth' of 'stuff' don't they?

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PJ warns British police that they don't want to see the investigation in the papers

Post by sallypelt on 03.03.14 11:22

This is a Google translation of the link Candyfloss put on the Twitter thread, but I'll post it here, and Candy can move if she thinks appropriate:

Maddie . PJ tells Englishmen ? Do not want to see research ? Newspapers

The PJ inspectors state that the " international cooperation there is no room for states of mind "

Different communication strategies between the Portuguese and British authorities in Maddie case are bothering PJ . The discomfort went so far as to warn Judicial Metropolitan Police who refuses to do research through newspapers . Since the British police decided to investigate on their own the disappearance of Madeleine McCann that the British press began to publish frequently about the ongoing efforts . Much of this news turned out to be unfounded , diverging from the possibility of cooperation with the PJ . At issue is the fact that the two police forces have different lines of research and also communication policies are opposite , i confirmed to some inspectors , who preferred to remain anonymous .

According to knowledgeable sources in the process, the PJ have already informed the British counterparts that " wants to continue to do your research on the process and not in the newspapers ." A caution to make it clear they do not want the English police sources speak out about alleged facts of the Portuguese investigation . Because, they say , is something that the British did not know . In Portugal there is an ongoing conducted by a team from Puerto investigation, but are elements of the PJ of Portimão who have responded to letters rogatory sent by the British, ie , applications for aid for research from London .

The strategy of the Portuguese - not to make public information about their research - was already known to the British, but some reports citing anonymous sources have forced the Metropolitan Police this notice . " The PJ will continue with the necessary discretion , which is aware of its British counterpart . The media is out of our equation during the investigation . And it was never said that there is suspicious because there is nothing strong enough ," explained police source .

Yet last week a report was published in Portugal realizing that the English had received from a secret dossier on Judicial burglars who lived in the Algarve and that might have even committed crimes against children. When i , the same source ensures that this information is false : " . Was not any secret dossier delivered to the Metropolitan Police" Another next element of the process explained , however, that what the British called secret dossier can not pass the list of people joined who lived near the Praia da Luz and that PJ sent in fulfilling a letter rogatory .

In recent months , the British media reported every suspicious Scotland Yard published the robot portraits police - hi revealed that they were made by detectives ultimately paid by the parents of the child - and brought the audience to send the three letters rogatory of English investigators before the Portuguese authorities become aware of these requests for international assistance .

That was not filmed in Portugal - - ​​and broadcast in England, Germany and the Netherlands a reconstruction of the night of the crime was taken . After the " thousands of clues " that the Metropolitan Police told the media he had received following the issue of television programs , the strategy remains the tracking of mobile phones that were near the Ocean Club resort on the night of May 3, 2007 , the day the child disappeared .

For the elements of PJ contacted by i , these behaviors will not affect cooperation between the two police forces . " The rogatory will be fulfilled in the most committed as possible because international cooperation there is no room for states of mind ," concluded the source of PJ .

Read Article partial

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg on 03.03.14 11:39

Just read this article on the MCCannfiles  - it really does highlight the difference between both police forces and how they operate. 
Whilst the Portuguese appear totally professional and unbiased, ours appear like a bunch of idiots playing games. I know that I'd trust the results of the Portuguese enquiry over ours..

HelenMeg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 03.03.14 11:44

@HelenMeg wrote:Just read this article on the MCCannfiles  - it really does highlight the difference between both police forces and how they operate. 
Whilst the Portuguese appear totally professional and unbiased, ours appear like a bunch of idiots playing games. I know that I'd trust the results of the Portuguese enquiry over ours..

I don't believe that it is SY. I believe all this misinformation is coming out of the McCann camp, and is a sign of desperation. I am amazed how a flood of "sightings" came to a SUDDEN halt once a requested review turned into a full investigation. Anyone else find that questionable?

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 03.03.14 12:00

@HelenMeg wrote:Just read this article on the MCCannfiles  - it really does highlight the difference between both police forces and how they operate. 

GREG KADING, FORMER LAPD DETECTIVE: An investigation is only as good as your investigators. And so if you have complacent investigators or incompetent investigators, well, that`s how your investigation is going to end up.

Over to you DCI Redwood.

Complacent or incompetent?

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 03.03.14 12:03

@sallypelt wrote:
I don't believe that it is SY. I believe all this misinformation is coming out of the McCann camp, and is a sign of desperation. I am amazed how a flood of "sightings" came to a SUDDEN halt once a requested review turned into a full investigation. Anyone else find that questionable?

Indeed.  How many sightings have there been since then?  I don't remember any.  Which is very unfortunate for Scotland Yard, as I assume they would want to interview any of these witnesses as soon as possible, take a look at them 'under the microscope'.  I wonder why the sightings have stopped ...

whatliesbehindthesofa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nglfi on 03.03.14 12:19

Are the Portuguese media any more reliable than the British is the question?  If I remember the wording correctly,  the source for this article is claimed to directly be the PJ, indicating a modicum of truth to it. It certainly gives an explanation for the ridiculous stories recently,  ie burglarphiles, heroin addicts et al.

nglfi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 03.03.14 12:19

If this article hasn't been published in the UK MSM, Clarrie must be thinking it's his lucky day as it'll take him less than 5 minutes to fan it into a blaze of 'PJ tells SY get off our case' with accompanying tales of the 'warring cops are hindering the search for Madeleine, a source close to grieving parents G&K revealed today' variety.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 03.03.14 12:33

I was going to post this yesterday on the Cops thread but decided it was a little depressing for good souls who are less cynical. Having read this I am minded to post it after all.

----------------------
I think it is worth looking at the antecedents of this investigation.
What do we know?

We know RB pressurised DC into a review.
We know the Mcs were involved in this push with an open letter to DC.
We know DC is capable of making ill thought-through statements and knee-jerk decisions, towit the "I'm in the Nigella camp" comment that could easily have derailed a trial, and the open chequebook promise (we are a wealthy nation) for storm/flood victims.
We know May won't release certain HO information on the case.
We must assume the Mcs had reason to feel safe about the re-opening of the case because they have received high level protection in the past: we have no reason to disbelieve that situation still pertains as they continue to muddy the waters of a major police op with Tannerman.
We must assume the Mcs were desperate to clear their names to take a gamble on the case re-opening but we know the Mcs are, by nature, high stakes risk-takers.
We know GM and KM then involved themselves in Hacked Off and heavy lobbying to curtail the freedom of the press.

We know there is a history of pro-McCann bias and unprofessional behaviour by police. Examples include the wearing of a "Find Madeleine" wristband: allowing the tapas group to compare and adjust statements: with-holding vital information from the Portuguese investigators despite specific requests. No shame gland was injured in the prosecution of these serious lapses and I am yet to be convinced the police are bothered who knows what, when, where or how, on the basis that they will wear people down eventually and when the salient emerges in thirty years they will be too old/retired/dead to care.

We know that CW was a master class in obfuscation and confusion, both here and (without a scintilla of shame) on the continent.
We know that Portugal (the very scene of the crime) was denied broadcast rights - and with good reason when you see their own damning reconstruction, broadcast to set the record straight.
We now know that the two investigations have different foci, the public having long been spun the lie of co-operation every inch of the way.

We know that HH has been quick to laud the McCanns, yet makes no mention of the dogs. In essence, any officer of his rank, knowing the significance of cadaver alerts by dogs, would never risk his professional reputation without strong reason. His admission on Radio 5 that the MET have not always got things right brought the Tia Sharpe case to mind where dogs uncovered the grisly truth.

The MET have seemingly moved on from all sorts; including Plebgate, with HH refusing point blank to resign and the HO not demurring.
That's the name of the game these days - moving on. Must have been taking lessons from KM.

I sincerely hope I am wrong. But I have never witnessed anything further removed from professional policing operations in my life. It has been going on for almost seven years now and to the best of our knowledge the Mcs have not ever been hauled in for forensic questioning but officially ruled out as suspects from the start.

Over to you AR.

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tangled Web on 03.03.14 12:55

@Mirage wrote:I was going to post this yesterday on the Cops thread but decided it was a little depressing for good souls who are less cynical. Having read this I am minded to post it after all.

----------------------
What do we know?

We know DC is capable of making ill thought-through statements and knee-jerk decisions, towit the "I'm in the Nigella camp" comment that could easily have derailed a trial, and the open chequebook promise (we are a wealthy nation) for storm/flood victims.
We know May won't release certain HO information on the case.
We must assume the Mcs had reason to feel safe about the re-opening of the case because they have received high level protection in the past: we have no reason to disbelieve that situation still pertains as they continue to muddy the waters of a major police op with Tannerman.
We must assume the Mcs were desperate to clear their names to take such the gamble of  the case review but we know the Mcs are, by nature, high stakes risk-takers.
We know GM and KM then involved themselves in Hacked Off and heavy lobbying to curtail the freedom of the press.

We know there is a history of pro-McCann bias and unprofessional behaviour by police. Examples include the wearing of a "Find Madeleine" wristband: allowing the tapas group to compare and adjust statements: with-holding vital information from the Portuguese investigators despite specific requests. No shame gland was injured in the prosecution of these serious lapses and I am yet to be convinced the police are bothered who knows what, when, where or how, on the basis that they will wear people down eventually and when the salient emerges in thirty years they will be too old/retired/dead to care.

We know that CW was a master class in obfuscation and confusion, both here and (without a scintilla of shame) on the continent.
We know that Portugal (the very scene of the crime) was denied broadcast rights - and with good reason when you see their own damning reconstruction, broadcast to set the record straight.
We now know that the two investigations have different foci, the public having long been spun the lie of co-operation every inch of the way.

We know that HH has been quick to laud the McCanns, yet makes no mention of the dogs. In essence, any officer of his rank, knowing the significance of cadaver alerts by dogs, would never risk his professional reputation without strong reason. His admission on Radio 5 that the MET have not always got things right brought the Tia Sharpe case to mind where dogs uncovered the grisly truth.

The MET have seemingly moved on from all sorts; including Plebgate, with HH refusing point blank to resign and the HO not demurring.
That's the name of the game these days - moving on. Must have been taking lessons from KM.

I sincerely hope I am wrong. But I have never witnessed anything further removed from professional policing operations in my life. It has been going on for almost seven years now and to the best of our knowledge the Mcs have not ever been hauled in for forensic questioning but officially ruled out as suspects from the start.

Over to you AR.

Great post Mirage, if a tad depressing for a hopeful soul like myself!

They all know they're 'safe' don't they? That's why this forum and others like it need to never let this drop. I admire the people on here who give so much time to Madeleine  roses 

Tangled Web

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 03.03.14 13:27

Thanks Tangled Web. Depressing as it is, there is no reason why people should not remain faithful to the push for truth.

I went to see "Book Thief" yesterday - a reminder of how little acts of bravery against totalitarianism can chip away at perverted thinking.

Of course, humans regularly go through this cyclical behaviour whereby an arbitrary elite rises to prominence and infects the thinking of a generation. There follows a rallying of the right-thinking, notwithstanding the suffering of victims along the way. When the impact of the ersatz elite fades from living memory and the cries of "this must never be allowed to happen again" die away, the collective guard is dropped and the seeds re-germinate. Even in the face of physical evidence, such as that contained in the Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum, up spring rampant Holocaust -deniers.  I equate these deniers directly with the deniers of all the blatant evidence in this case.

This is why this forum serves a very important purpose and should stand as an ongoing memorial to serial wrongdoing.

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi on 03.03.14 13:38

Who believes this story at all? I don't.
My theory: the McCanns are the ones who don't want any news about the investigation. They tried it already on the Levenson inquiry.
Who would believe that a privete message from a police force to another would be known by anyone else?
And so impersonal and distant. The UN warning Putin?
The parents are scared.

marconi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 03.03.14 13:53

Or might it be that they are simply not telling anyone the truth about what they are doing, and feeding Mitchell with rubbish to keep the press away from asking the proper questions ?
The McCanns or Mitchell announced that they would not be giving a running commentary on the investigation !
Possibly Grange is taking the same line.
I don't know.
I just ask.
I am sure there are people with friends or colleagues close to Grange and / or the PJ who might know, but they too probably don't want to say - for the same reasons.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 03.03.14 14:55

@Mirage wrote: [...]
What do we know?

[...]
Allow me to mention again, that there's proof [via an FOI, which I cannot locate at the moment], that Theresa May had BEFORE this already been in and concluded diplomatic negotiations to start a Review by NSY.

It's my opinion, that McCs knew this and therefore used their last opportunity to quasi regain control and asked for it in the Open Letter to the PM. It is IMO very well possible, that RB facilitated this and the PM accepted it forthwith for either an open trap or personal popularity gain ... The latter just my personal opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTruthWillOut on 03.03.14 17:56

@sallypelt wrote:

Wow...How did I miss that!? You don't have rough dates of the last "sighting" story and the start of the SY investigation do you?

TheTruthWillOut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan on 04.03.14 2:11

A good story: credible, non-sensational and to the point.  Anticipate it getting precisely zero page-space in the good old UK media!   thumbsup

Bishop Brennan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 04.03.14 8:05

@Bishop Brennan wrote:

A good story: credible, non-sensational and to the point.  Anticipate it getting precisely zero page-space in the good old UK media!   thumbsup

I take more comfort from this story than I have from anything in the British media, for so long now that I've stopped counting.
It says, the police want to work in silence. Brilliant. If they are working away behind the scenes instead of sneaking off early to go fishing for sardines or pond carp, with a thread and bent pin, then I'm happy to wait.

I think, under the leadership of Andy Redwood, the UK police have needed to come out in public and blow the Tannerman myth apart, and claim thousands of new leads, the sole purpose of which is to Shut Pinkie Up and put the wind up the McCs / Tapas 7. The message is now clear. The UK police wish concentrate on the real matter in hand which is NOT abduction but concealment.

I think for Andy Redwood, it was almost essential, if the UK police are also to be able to get on with their own work in silence, that the constant PinkMccann propaganda machine, going into perpetual overdrive, to divert attention away from its own perpetrators, was trodden under heal, once and for all.

I think the press have settled down a lot, but are waiting nevertheless with bated breath.

For us on this forum, and everyone else out there, who couldn't swallow the porky pies or who were put off their dinner by the visual image of Mitchell lying through every tooth in his mouth, we need to continue.

There is no doubt that the genuine and tangible groundswell of 'non believers', and the incredible amount of research, cross referencing and accumulated analysis, that has been done (and will continue to be done) will have furnished an essential contribution towards:-

1. keeping both police and politicians mindful, that this matter must be properly and justly resolved,
2. will have provided the PJ with an invaluable amount of UK background research which through linguistic difficulties would not have been apparent/ available,
3. will have enabled the MET to have seen a large volume of additional material, raked out of dark corners and pre-digested, that they can then use or dismiss according to their own professional scrutiny.

The police are always asking for witnesses and/ or information. Many minds and eyes focussing on the job can do just that.
I am not certain that this affair would have followed the course that it has if it had not been for the scrutiny and insistence of posters to not let this matter drop.

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyB on 04.03.14 8:22

@bobbin wrote:The message is now clear. The UK police wish concentrate on the real matter in hand which is NOT abduction but concealment.
I don't get that at all. All I see is the PJ, who want to maintain a public silence, hacked off at stories appearing in the British press and blaming SY for leaking them.

AndyB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 04.03.14 9:12

Quote Portugal Resident paper:

As ionline points out, “over the past few months” British newspapers have had a field day, publishing ancient identikit photos drawn up years ago by private investigators and reporting on “thousands of leads” when, in reality, “police are still working on the very basic job of trying to identify mobile phone activity that took place in and around the Ocean Club on the night of May 3 2007”.

- See more at: http://portugalresident.com/madeleine-case-pj-investigators-%E2%80%98hit-back%E2%80%99-at-british-press#sthash.MOHZTJh3.dpuf

Are you reading this UK media..........are you going to report this Jerry Lawton?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 04.03.14 9:51

@AndyB wrote:
@bobbin wrote:The message is now clear. The UK police wish concentrate on the real matter in hand which is NOT abduction but concealment.
I don't get that at all. All I see is the PJ, who want to maintain a public silence, hacked off at stories appearing in the British press and blaming SY for leaking them.
I agree with Andy B on this one, Bobbin. The recycled stories by newspapers are not the only problem. The press have been reporting ILR's and telling the world that SY want permission from the PJ to speak to local burglars. Then HH rolls up on Five Live and tells the nation they have names. This situation has escalated beyond SY leaking to the press when the boss is saying this publicly.

This creates another day of front page headlines which seed doubts about the Portuguese dragging their feet. Then there's the news that the 2nd ILR is lost in the Portuguese system so a 3rd has had to be sent - the PJ again made to look like the bumbling fools of old. This ties in perfectly with the slick photo shoot of the MET entering the modest side door in Faro (comparisons invited). Is it any wonder the PJ are furious with the conduct of the MET?

The fact is, SY can tell newspaper editors to desist from any reportage that compromises an investigation at any time. They don't do it. Maybe it suits them to have more rubbish thrown in to an already confused mess. This raises the question of why the McCanns are given permission to keep the eliminated Tannerman (according to the FM webmaster  with MET approval). More confusion. GM once opined "confusion is good". Good for what?

This situation contains all the ingredients for the MET to turn round and lay the blame for the McCann mess on the doorstep of the Portuguese when the bill for this investigation becomes untenable. All IMO, of course.

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

McCanns' cell phone usage?

Post by utahagen on 04.03.14 11:24

Anybody catch this? “[Portuguese] police are still working on the very basic job of trying to identify mobile phone activity that took place in and around the Ocean Club on the night of May 3 2007”. - See more at: http://portugalresident.com/madeleine-case-pj-investigators-%E2%80%98hit-back%E2%80%99-at-british-press#sthash.uDdsWGVu.dpuf

Do you think perhaps the PJ have mobile phone records of the McCann et al and have mapped out their activities the night Madeleine disappeared based on cell phone records? Could the McCanns be nervous about this?

utahagen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 04.03.14 11:36

candyfloss wrote:
Are you reading this UK media..........are you going to report this Jerry Lawton?

The UK papers seem to have become suddenly very quiet. Although, usually when I say something like this the Express or the Star pops up with their next instalment of nonsense.

Are you okay there Clarence?

whatliesbehindthesofa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 04.03.14 11:42

A brief interlude - it looks as though the McCanns' token Portuguese supporter and Mario Brother, Pedro has used Google translate for this on STMs.  spin 

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum