The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

Regards,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Revisiting "accepted facts" that haven't been questioned.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Revisiting "accepted facts" that haven't been questioned.

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:57 am

@tigger wrote:
MW  may well have called the consulate but there is no record of it afaik, just records of when the police was called. I would have expected a record of the call to the consulate.

Direct by Batphone from one of the Symingtons?

Back to top Go down

Re: Revisiting "accepted facts" that haven't been questioned.

Post by lj on Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:50 pm

@tigger wrote:
@lj wrote:
@ultimaThule wrote:There is much that we do not know of and can only speculate as to what those hidden facts may be.

As it seems to me unlikely that a senior MW staff member made contact with the British Consul shortly after the alarm was raised to complain that the police were doing nothing, it would seem more probable that the Consul's call to the chief of police (or equivalent) c11pm was prompted by either a call from the UK's Ambassador in Lisbon or by direct contact from the Foreign Office in London, or from another party in the UK or Portugal.

I cannot say it for sure for the British diplomatic post, but most embassies / consulate advice expats or vacationing compatriots to immediately warn them so they can assist in the process. So it might very well be that they warned the consulate before warning the police. As far as hotels and resort go, they have been through the motions and have likely the consulate numbers under those of the firebrigade and police.  Nothing suspicious in that.

There are no calls to the consulate from Gerry's phone. He gets a call from the Consulate around 00.30. The rest of the calls to and from the consulate are in the early morning. They are quite long calls - not simply 'we're coming at x time' but lasting around 5 minutes each. Instructions, legal advice?
The consulate was warned and in possession of Gerry's phone number just over two hours after 10.00 pm.
By ten the next morning the consul is at the police station and overheard on the phone reporting that the PJ are doing nothing.
Now that is a straight lie imo, almost as if he's already been instructed in the 'babes in the woods' campaign and imo he'd have had that instruction from 'above'.

In most European countries the main ambition of consulates seems to keep well away from holiday makers' troubles.
Several members here have commented here in the past on the extreme reluctance of consulates to do their duty when said members needed help abroad.

MW  may well have called the consulate but there is no record of it afaik, just records of when the police was called. I would have expected a record of the call to the consulate.

Hi Tigger,
Yes most consulates hate the tourist trouble, not in least because there is almost always alcohol/drugs informed. That does not mean they don't have to. So very often the hotel/hospital/ or even the police will warn the citizen services or consular officer on duty. Since it looks like the consulate was warned before the police it was not the police in this case. I suspect one of the friends called. I believe that all through this story decisions were influenced by 3 things:

The fear of being charged for child neglect. In other words they knew very well they were doing wrong.
extreme xenophobia
all served with an alcohol sauce

I suspect the xenophobia is the reason they warned the consulate early, it's something that happens all the time.

Anyway, what I wanted to say is that it is quite normal to warn the consulate before the police.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum