The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Breaking news: BLAIR ADVISED BROOKS BEFORE ARREST

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Breaking news: BLAIR ADVISED BROOKS BEFORE ARREST

Post by Guest on 19.02.14 13:02

19 February 2014 Last updated at 12:53

Blair 'advised Brooks before arrest'

Tony Blair gave advice to newspaper executive Rebekah Brooks about how to handle the developing phone-hacking scandal six days before her arrest, a court has heard.
The Old Bailey heard Mrs Brooks, who denies wrongdoing, emailed the former prime minister's advice to James Murdoch, the then executive chairman of News International.
In the email, she said Mr Blair was "available" to her, James and Rupert Murdoch as "unofficial adviser", the court heard

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26259956

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking news: BLAIR ADVISED BROOKS BEFORE ARREST

Post by Guest on 19.02.14 13:05

Hacking Trial: Blair 'Offered Advice To Brooks'

12:54pm UK, Wednesday 19 February 2014 

Tony Blair offered to act as an "unofficial advisor" to Rebekah Brooks, the phone hacking trial has heard.
More follows...

http://news.sky.com/story/1214076/hacking-trial-blair-offered-advice-to-brooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.02.14 13:07

Mark White @skymarkwhite
Brooks email to James Murdoch claims Tony Blair said "He is available.. as an unofficial adviser, but needs to be between us." #hacking

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 19.02.14 13:21

OH DEAR!

How the mighty (may) fall. Rotten to the core. Tear it down and start again. This filth isn't going to go away, if left as it is.

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 19.02.14 14:27

How much does an "unofficial advisor " get paid ?
Blair would want something out of it.
And does an unofficial advisor become an accessory ?
He has no immunity covered by legal privilege, so can be made to testify.
He is therefore a compellable witness.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.02.14 14:34

I wonder if there will be a drip, drip of these stories, as Blair made a powerful enemy?

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 19.02.14 14:39

@PeterMac wrote:How much does an "unofficial advisor " get paid ?
Would that be before or after he enjoys illicit trysts with a press baron's wife?  big grin 

You can put money on Bliar wanting something out of everything he does; except, of course, he doesn't want his wife to know what he gets up to while she is occupied raking in as much as she possibly can from her chambers, judging others part-time, and playing lady of the manor at their faux Chequers at weekends.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 19.02.14 14:44

@PeterMac wrote:How much does an "unofficial advisor " get paid ?

Whether money change hands is secondary, though it if did, it is more severe.
Whether official or unofficial (as in paid or not paid) advisor, if he'd given them advice on how to cover up, effectively he is accessory to the crime of perverting the course of justice.
He should be compelled to take the stand as witness.

Let's see whether he will be invited to show up at Police Station for interview.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 19.02.14 14:47

Cherry Blossom wrote:I wonder if there will be a drip, drip of these stories, as Blair made a powerful enemy?

Indeed !  Murdoch as opponent is no joking matter.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 19.02.14 14:50

@PeterMac wrote:< snip >
< snip >
Only if he can be dressed in toning colours and draped over the shoulder like a stole...

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 19.02.14 15:06

Our `Tone certainly gets around.  Even phoning the McCanns (or was that Cherie?)  Anyway Kate made sure she dropped their names into her book.  Wonder what he advised them?  And did he charge?

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin on 19.02.14 16:34

They're all so corrupt:

GUARDIAN
'According to Brooks's note, Blair advised her to set up an "independent" inquiry, suggesting it could have "outside counsel, Ken Macdonald [the former director of public prosecutions], a great and good type".

He said the inquiry would be "Hutton style" – a reference to Lord Hutton's inquiry into the death of David Kelly – and would "clear" her, but warned that "shortcomings" would have to be accepted as a result of the report'
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/feb/19/tony-blair-rebekah-brooks-phone-hacking

tasprin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.02.14 18:15

I see, that's what happens when you're in cahoots. When things turn wrong, you throw them under the bus ....

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 19.02.14 18:15

I bet he will come out of this unscathed as usual.
Already his PR is back peddling on this, saying he knew nothing about the facts surrounding the Hacking; that it was only general advice he gave - what a load of balderdash.

He survived Hutton Inquiry,MP Expenses Scandal and Tiger Crouching Deng rumour and emerged unscathed.
He has been incredibly lucky all this time.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 19.02.14 18:17

Châtelaine wrote:I see, that's what happens when you're in cahoots. When things turn wrong, you throw them under the bus ....

I dont think Blair was thrown under the bus.
The email must have been on her confiscated PC.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils on 19.02.14 18:56

He may or may not have been paid financially - but he wouldn't have been doing it for nothing. Favours and silence. Perhaps.

Rotten to the bloody core. It makes me sick.

Lance De Boils

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum on 19.02.14 18:59

@ultimaThule wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:< snip >
< snip >
Only if he can be dressed in toning colours and draped over the shoulder like a stole...
 spit coffee

worriedmum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.02.14 19:03

Who forgot to sell give the man a peerage?

Oh dear: so Becky was sc...ing Tony & Davy 'LOL' behind Charley's back, while Tony was doing just that behind Sherry's back with Wendy & Becky?

Where oh where are the likes of Charles and Camilla, Henry and Catherine, Henry and Rosamund?

Where Prasutagus & Boudicca?

This is what you get when you have equal opportunity education everwhere; these people nowadays tend to be named after soap opera characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Lioned on 19.02.14 19:28

I'm sure the machiavellian Charles Lynton Will get his adrenaline rush from the attention,thats what the seemingly untouchables thrive on.Much more fun than sitting at home reading the Times or counting your money even.

Next up the crustation Piers Morgan or has he already been and made his excuses !

Lioned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 19.02.14 19:31

@Lance De Boils wrote:He may or may not have been paid financially - but he wouldn't have been doing it for nothing. Favours and silence. Perhaps.

Rotten to the bloody core. It makes me sick.

There will always be payments in kind - you scratch my back and I will scratch yours.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl on 19.02.14 19:58

What a small world it is and with so many coincidences

Here is Cherie Blair, Patron of PACT, associate of NEMEC and Kate McCanns missing people. http://pactofsilence.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/pact-charity-scandal-update.html

It was Tony Blair that appointed Clarrie Mitchell as McCanns spokesman in 2007.  

Also in 2007, Missing People and News International were in financial difficulty. In 2006/07 Blair was interviewed under caution, 3 times, in the cash for honours investigation.  Lord Levy was arrested but later cleared.  Levy raises funds for political parties, his colleague in this area is Magaret Oppenheimer (Hodge).  Her nephew, and co-director of her Stemcor company, Phil Edmonds, is probably the only person, apart from Cat Baker and the tapas friends, to claim to have seen Madeleine on that holiday. Shame he could produce the photographs that he claims to have taken.  One of the contributors to Tony Blair and Gordon Brown's political funding is Dame Vivienne Duffield who made substantial loans of up to £250,000, Duffield just happens to be a Patron of PACT.

sharonl

View user profile http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 19.02.14 20:09

@tasprin wrote:They're all so corrupt:

GUARDIAN
'According to Brooks's note, Blair advised her to set up an "independent" inquiry, suggesting it could have "outside counsel, Ken Macdonald [the former Director of Public Prosecutions], a great and good type".

"He can be relied on to cover up the truth"

He said the inquiry would be "Hutton style" – a reference to Lord Hutton's inquiry into the death of David Kelly – and would "clear" her, but warned that "shortcomings" would have to be accepted as a result of the report'
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/feb/19/tony-blair-rebekah-brooks-phone-hacking

"Ditto"

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Have a look at the actual wording of the e-mail

Post by Tony Bennett on 19.02.14 22:13

Phone-hacking trial: Blair 'advised Brooks before arrest'

Tony Blair advised Rebekah Brooks six days before her arrest over phone hacking, a court has heard.

Tony Blair gave advice to newspaper executive Rebekah Brooks on handling the phone-hacking scandal six days before her arrest, a court has heard.

The court heard Mrs Brooks spoke to the former prime minister and passed on what he had said to James Murdoch, then News International executive chairman.

In an email, she said Mr Blair had said he was "available" to her, James and Rupert Murdoch as an "unofficial adviser", the Old Bailey heard.

Mrs Brooks denies any wrongdoing.

In the email, Mrs Brooks said Mr Blair had urged her to set up a "Hutton style" inquiry - a reference to the inquiry into the death of government weapons adviser Dr David Kelly.

She said Mr Blair's offer of further advice "needs to be between us".

The Hutton report exonerated Mr Blair and other officials over claims they exaggerated the threat posed by weapons of mass destruction in Iraq in a dossier of evidence.

Mrs Brooks sent the email on Monday 11 July 2011 - the day after the final edition of the News of the World had been published.

She resigned as News International's chief executive the following Friday, and was arrested on Sunday.

During the email exchange, she told Mr Murdoch there was no indication that the News of the World had suffered from a sales boycott on its final weekend.

'Tough up'

Who are the defendants?

Her email read: "I had an hour on the phone to Tony Blair.

"He said:

"1. Form an independent unit that has an outside junior counsel, Ken Macdonald [former director of public prosecutions], a great and good type, a serious forensic criminal barrister, internal counsel, proper fact checkers etc in it. Get them to investigate me and others and publish a Hutton-style report.

"2. Publish part one of the report at same time as the police closes its inquiry and clear you and accept shortcomings and new solutions and process and part two when any trials are over.

"3. Keep strong and definitely sleeping pills. Need to have clear heads and remember no rash short-term solutions as they only give you long-term headaches.

"4. It will pass. Tough up.

"5. He is available for you, KRM [Rupert Murdoch] and me as an unofficial adviser but needs to be between us. He is sending more notes later."

Mr Blair's office issued a statement later, saying: "This was Mr Blair simply giving informal advice over the phone.

"He made it absolutely clear to Ms Brooks that, though he knew nothing personally about the facts of the case, in a situation as serious as this it was essential to have a fully transparent and independent process to get to the bottom of what had happened.

"That inquiry should be led by credible people, get all the facts out there and that if anything wrong were found there should be immediate action taken and the changes to the organisation made so that they could not happen again."

The defence case for Mrs Brooks is expected to start later this week.

She denies conspiracy to hack voicemails, conspiracy to make corrupt payments to public officials and conspiracy to pervert the course of justice.

Mrs Brooks is one of seven defendants in the phone-hacking trial. They all deny the various charges

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.02.14 22:21

Tomorrow on front page.........

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 19.02.14 22:26

I could not believe what I was hearing when a reporter read it out on BBC news earlier.   Hutton style enquiry.   wow 

Harman, husband and Hewitt in papers -  I believe the papers will not let this email go.    Hacked off, I believe there will be quite a few people hacked off by the time the Press "get their own back" sort of thing.   eyebrows

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum