The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

MADDIE: COPS AT WAR - Daily Star 18/2/14

Page 2 of 43 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22 ... 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: MADDIE: COPS AT WAR - Daily Star 18/2/14

Post by Cristobell on 17.02.14 23:25

With respect Tony, the evidence appears to show otherwise. Scotland Yard are frequently visiting Portugal by all accounts, which suggests they are working together. It was only days ago we saw the pictures of DCI Redwood and colleagues arrive in Portugal.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 17.02.14 23:31

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@canada12 wrote:Oh dear. Sigh. Didn't we predict this would be the next story... bumbling Portuguese cops...
Indeed, credit to the person or persons who predicted on this forum just a couple of days ago that this would be the very next story.

But I think there's more than an element of truth in it, because despite the claims on both sides that they are 'working together', all the indications are that the PJ are utterly fed up with the antics of the British government and the British police.

I suggest that this piece has appeared because the Portuguese police are 'not playing ball' with Redwood and his men
On the contrary, Tony, other than what is coming out of the wee one and his bosom buddy's nether regions which appears to be an account of what they would like to be happening, I see no reason to believe that the PJ and SY are anything other than focused on obtaining long overdue justice for a 3 year old child who lost her life through no fault of her own.

Furthermore, it seems to me that Redwood is far too smooth an operator to ruffle feathers unless deliberately done for a specific reason.  I have no doubt feathers are being ruffled, but the coop is many miles from Portugal.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 17.02.14 23:31

Yeah until now I had no doubt that PJ were working along the same line as the initial investigation,your remark just made me stop and wonder if maybe they are going down a different route.

Regardless if they are going through a process of elimination or not,I would have thought that if nothing else the tapas group would be requested to.voluntarily attend for interviews since SY re-opened the case?

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 17.02.14 23:35

I read it as saying:

MET POLICE PROTECTING *UNT, SAY PJ PROFESSIONALS.

But i am dyslexic, so might have read it wrong!  laughat  laughat  laughat

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 17.02.14 23:37

Bellisa wrote:Yeah until now I had no doubt that PJ were working along the same line as the initial investigation,your remark just made me stop and wonder if maybe they are going down a different route.

Regardless if they are going through a process of elimination or not,I would have thought that if nothing else the tapas group would be requested to.voluntarily attend for interviews since SY re-opened the case?
What makes you think they haven't?  It's inconceivable that this £7million and rising 'review' turned murder 'investigation' has been conducted without time having been set aside to speak to the key players witnesses to the event of the child's disappearance.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 17.02.14 23:47

@ultimaThule wrote:
I see no reason to believe that the PJ and SY are anything other than focused on obtaining long overdue justice for a 3 year old child who lost her life through no fault of her own.
Really?

Then why has the 2nd rogatory letter been 'lost in the post' or lies gathering dust somewhere, unanswered? - while the British police insist on telling us, via the tabloids, that they've now submitted a third rogatory request - amd with the Express telling us that the second request is, quote, 'stuck in red tape', and Corriea da Manha are openly saying that the third request is essentially a repeat of the second one, sent weeks ago.

Redwood is simply bluffing us with his tall tales of thousands of mobile 'phone numbers to interrogate in 31 countries and his delberate leaking of one ridiculous story after another.

At best, the Portuguese are going through the motions, doing the absolute minimum to comply with international protocls - and must endure continually being pilloried in the British papers week after week

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 17.02.14 23:55

I'm sure you don't need me to tell you how ILORs work, Tony, and in a high profile case of this nature, NOTHING will get lost in the post! 

The McCanns have used the gullible public's money to pay spin doctors in Portugal as well as the UK and the fact that they are continuing to do so is evidenced by what we have seen in the press for past umpteen weeks.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 17.02.14 23:58

Yes UT you're right, we are not to know if they have already interviewed them,I suppose I would think after nearly 7 years that someone would crack if re-interviewed though and it wouldn't be dragging on so long.

Very frustrating.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 17.02.14 23:59

Scotland Yard detectives were in Portugal only a couple of weeks ago, the idea a letter is lost in the post is absurd.

Games are being played I'm sure, and a group of people want us to believe there is a rift between the PJ and Scotland Yard, especially if the PJ are on the home run and they are not looking for an abductor. The tractorman story may even be part of the game.

Tony, do you honestly believe the PJ and SY are going to reach different conclusions?

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl on 18.02.14 0:06

Well, Redwood was definitely over there, making a nuisance of himself by the sound of it. 

Is his mission to find out what evidence has re-opened the case and what the PJ are investigating? Why did he not take the letters with him?

As for the U K press, I think that we can dismiss anything that is reported there, they lost credibility a long time ago.  As for Redwood is he really going to make nonsense reports to the press?  Is he going to stand back and let the media make a complete fool of him?  I very much doubt that Redwood or NSY have fed anything to the press, those reports come from pure speculation and by the sound of it a group of 1st year journalist students thumbing through the PJ files.

sharonl

View user profile http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 18.02.14 0:09

@Cristobell wrote:Tony, do you honestly believe the PJ and SY are going to reach different conclusions?
We haven't established yet that they are actively working together and co-operating on anything.

There are so many signs that they are not.

Do you honestly think the PJ are happy and content knowing that they are regularly being pilloried in the British press every week for being a bungling, incompetent police force?

Does not that alone tell you that there is a yawning gulf between the two police forces?

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by roy rovers on 18.02.14 0:29

We are working on the basis of two possibilities here: one is that the spirit of cooperation between SY and the PJ is still alive; and the second that it is is sadly dead.

roy rovers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey on 18.02.14 0:30

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@Cristobell wrote:Tony, do you honestly believe the PJ and SY are going to reach different conclusions?
We haven't established yet that they are actively working together and co-operating on anything.

Do you honestly think the PJ are happy and content knowing that they are regularly being pilloried in the British press every week for being a bungling, incompetent police force?

Does not that alone tell you that there is a yawning gulf between the two police forces?

I agree with Tony. There are no signs of real co-operation. For one thing, if there was active co-operation,  the Met Police would be much more effusive about the PJ.

The Met Police appear to be engaged in an investigation that, as with the running rails on a railway line that can never meet,  must always remain at least six feet away from the truth.

So they can bring up any number of "leads", publicise any number of "sightings"...but you won't ever see them going back to Matt Oldfield and querying his account of the 9.30pm visit, to take just one example. Parallel lines must be maintained at all times.

Okeydokey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 18.02.14 0:32

@Tony Bennett wrote:

I think DCI Redwood arriving with a box file of documents establishes something Tony.

No I don't think they are happy about it, but I doubt the stories are coming from SY, rather bad form to criticise fellow police officers and I am sure that crosses oceans. Realistically the only way they can stop the negative stories is by bringing the perpetrators to justice - a very good incentive I think for the PJ to have re-opened the investigation and collate all the information. The newspapers imo, are making as much money as they can, while they can, out of the sale of McCann stories - and there is a massive payday on the horizon.

SY cannot control negative stories about themselves, let alone those about a foreign police force. I also tend to think that if the Portuguese police were being asked to waste their time carrying out ridiculous enquiries about random gypsies, burglars and tractormen, they would protest. They have already been dragged through the mire by the McCanns and the British press, they won't let them do it again.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by espeland on 18.02.14 0:35

@Tony Bennett wrote:

I would think they are not at all concerned - they know their reputation will be restored when the case is resolved. I also think there is insufficient evidence that the PJ and SY aren't working well together - neither are talking publicly. If there was a yawning gulf, don't you think SY would go to a higher authority and there would be political intervention such as a visit?

espeland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by maebee on 18.02.14 0:39

@Tony Bennett wrote:

The PJ and SY CANNOT reach different conclusions. It's what they do with their conclusions is the issue.

Tony, the PJ have been pilloried for the past seven years and are still holding their fire, for very good reasons, imo.

maebee
Madeleine Foundation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Hidden brag.

Post by Guest on 18.02.14 0:40

MarcoG on Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:15 pm

"Joy. Imagine after this real news, new spin the coming days: "A source told Tabloid of Death that British investigators, increasingly frustrated, have had to send just another Letter Of Request to the rubbish Portuguese, urging them to finally do their job for once, now  they've made the three burglars flee the country with the stolen keys and the ketamine.""

I think I might be psychic, man. Either that, or Clarence's spirit had taken over my typing finger.  

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 18.02.14 0:41

@Okeydokey wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:

I agree with Tony. There are no signs of real co-operation. For one thing, if there was active co-operation,  the Met Police would be much more effusive about the PJ.

Neither police force is being effusive about anything, and I am not sure it would be very professional.

The Met Police appear to be engaged in an investigation that, as with the running rails on a railway line that can never meet,  must always remain at least six feet away from the truth.

So they can bring up any number of "leads", publicise any number of "sightings"...but you won't ever see them going back to Matt Oldfield and querying his account of the 9.30pm visit, to take just one example. Parallel lines must be maintained at all times.

Whats to say they are remaining 6 feet away from the truth? We don't know how they are going about this investigation. Given its high profile, I would imagine much is going on quietly in the background, including the re-interviewing of the tapas friends.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicky87 on 18.02.14 0:45

So the rags are going exactly the same way as the last time..does this mean the Portuguese investigation is going down the same path again..possibly with the cooperation of SY? :D

Vicky87

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 18.02.14 0:49

@Vicky87 wrote:So the rags are going exactly the same way as the last time..does this mean the Portuguese investigation is going down the same path again..possibly with the cooperation of SY? :D

Not sure what you mean Vicky, but in my opinion, the actions of the PJ are ruffling feathers.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 18.02.14 0:50

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/365974/Portuguese-police-are-bungling-the-hunt-for-Madeleine-McCann-say-Brit-detectives

Portuguese police are bungling the hunt for Madeleine McCann, say Brit detectives

FRUSTRATED British police fear Portuguese officers are chasing the wrong lead in the hunt for Madeleine McCann.

By Jerry Lawton/Published 18th February 2014

Top brass are desperate to liaise with their foreign colleagues after it emerged they are chasing different suspects.

UK detectives are worried an “us against them” scenario is developing, and it could hinder attempts to find the missing girl.

British investigators believe the three-year-old was snatched after disturbing burglars who broke into her parents’ holiday apartment.

And their chief suspects are a three-strong gang who made a high number of mobile calls nearby on the night Maddie vanished.

But Portuguese detectives are concentrating their efforts on a theory that a now-dead heroin addict abducted Madeleine.

They believe Euclides Monteiro snatched her in a twisted act of revenge against the Ocean Club holiday resort after he had been sacked from a job there the year before.

They have questioned his widow Luisa after mobile phone analysis placed his handset near the McCanns’ apartment in the Algarve resort of Praia da Luz that night in May, 2007.

Monteiro, 40, was killed in a tractor accident four years ago.

Police from both nations launched separate hunts for Madeleine last year after each spent two years reviewing files from the original case, shelved as an unsolved mystery in 2008.

Though each force claims to have unearthed new leads, their inquiries are heading in different directions.

A source close to the UK inquiry said: “If we don’t form a joint investigation task force, any advantages in terms of pooling resources and information may be lost.

“We can’t have an ‘us against them’ scenario developing. This is not a game. A little girl’s life may be at stake.’’

Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe has called on the UK and Portuguese governments to form a joint international task force to conduct a single united inquiry.

He said the UK and Portuguese probes were “two separate inquiries with a different focus”.

And he added: “It’s important that we work together on what is clearly a common problem.’’

Yesterday Luisa Rodrigues, 40, said she was sure her husband did not snatch Madeleine. She said when Portuguese detectives told her he was their No 1 suspect, she was “speechless”.

She added: “They said they suspected him because he used to work at the Ocean Club complex and because they had tracked the signal from his mobile.

“But I’m sure he would have been at home watching TV. That’s what he always did after work.’’

whatliesbehindthesofa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 18.02.14 0:51

By Jerry Lawton ... that's all we need to know folks.

whatliesbehindthesofa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 18.02.14 0:52

Strange that the British police did not mention 3 burglars during Crimewatch, their revelation was Smithman.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by notlongnow on 18.02.14 0:52

@Cristobell wrote:
@Vicky87 wrote:So the rags are going exactly the same way as the last time..does this mean the Portuguese investigation is going down the same path again..possibly with the cooperation of SY? :D

Not sure what you mean Vicky, but in my opinion, the actions of the PJ are ruffling feathers.
Me to.
When i see these stories i take it that something good is happening.

notlongnow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 18.02.14 1:00

@canada12 wrote:Oh dear. Sigh. Didn't we predict this would be the next story... bumbling Portuguese cops...
You'd think their source would come up with something original instead of recycling that old lame wail from 2007 and 2008.

Yep, the Portuguese are to blame. That will be the final conclusion of a million pounds down the drain exercise.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 43 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22 ... 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum