The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

MADDIE: COPS AT WAR - Daily Star 18/2/14

Page 42 of 43 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: MADDIE: COPS AT WAR - Daily Star 18/2/14

Post by AndyB on 02.03.14 18:34

@Cristobell wrote:
@j.rob wrote:The "I wonder what we should pretend our dead daughter's hair style would be like if (deleted)."
Who is doing the censoring here? Can we have j.rob's word reinstated please?

AndyB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTruthWillOut on 02.03.14 18:40

@espeland wrote:Didn't AR announce on CW that the McCanns had been assigned a Liaison Officer? Presumably the reason given to the McCanns was that they could easily be kept up to date with SY's progress - in which case it is surprising that they apparently aren't :)

Of course, another purpose of a Liaison Officer is to act as a 'spy' for the police!!

Wasn't it the case that the LP LO's assigned to the McCanns in Portugal didn't go down too well? ie. they had big suspicions of them?

I doubt they would accept LO's again if that was the case.

TheTruthWillOut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi on 02.03.14 18:48

I like your Portuguese plural, Cristobell. Arguidoes!

marconi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 03.03.14 8:31

@espeland wrote:Didn't AR announce on CW that the McCanns had been assigned a Liaison Officer? Presumably the reason given to the McCanns was that they could easily be kept up to date with SY's progress - in which case it is surprising that they apparently aren't :)

Of course, another purpose of a Liaison Officer is to act as a 'spy' for the police!!

I always thought that the CW programme itself was set up to spy on the McCanns.

A chauffeur driven car to and from the studio, treated like celebrities, possibly an all expenses paid hotel room because it would be too late to drive back to Rothley ...then, live on air, the rug is spectacularly pulled from under them. 

If this was the case,  just hope that the poor police officer listening in on bugging equipment in the car and hotel room had a strong constitution  affraid

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 03.03.14 9:21

@marconi wrote:I like your Portuguese plural, Cristobell.    Arguidoes!

Oops, hope I have offended anyone!  smilie 

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 03.03.14 9:54

Two articles from Portuguese press this morning with PJ appearing to tell SY to investigate properly & stop leaking bits to the press. (both google translations)

http://www.ionline.pt/artigos/portugal/maddie-pj-avisa-ingleses-nao-quer-ver-investigacao-nos-jornais/pag/-1

Maddie . PJ tells Englishmen ? Do not want to see research ?
Carlos Diogo Santos
publicado em 3 Mar 2014 - 05:00

The PJ inspectors state that the " international cooperation there is no room for states of mind "
Different communication strategies between the Portuguese and British authorities in Maddie case are bothering PJ . The discomfort went so far as to warn Judicial Metropolitan Police who refuses to do research through newspapers . Since the British police decided to investigate on their own the disappearance of Madeleine McCann that the British press began to publish frequently about the ongoing efforts . Much of this news turned out to be unfounded , diverging from the possibility of cooperation with the PJ . At issue is the fact that the two police forces have different lines of research and also communication policies are opposite , i confirmed to some inspectors , who preferred to remain anonymous .

According to knowledgeable sources in the process, the PJ have already informed the British counterparts that " wants to continue to do your research on the process and not in the newspapers ." A caution to make it clear they do not want the English police sources speak out about alleged facts of the Portuguese investigation . Because, they say , is something that the British did not know . In Portugal there is an ongoing conducted by a team from Puerto investigation, but are elements of the PJ of Portimão who have responded to letters rogatory sent by the British, ie , applications for aid for research from London .

The strategy of the Portuguese - not to make public information about their research - was already known to the British, but some reports citing anonymous sources have forced the Metropolitan Police this notice . " The PJ will continue with the necessary discretion , which is aware of its British counterpart . The media is out of our equation during the investigation . And it was never said that there is suspicious because there is nothing strong enough ," explained police source .

Yet last week a report was published in Portugal realizing that the English had received from a secret dossier on Judicial burglars who lived in the Algarve and that might have even committed crimes against children. When i , the same source ensures that this information is false : " . Was not any secret dossier delivered to the Metropolitan Police" Another next element of the process explained , however, that what the British called secret dossier can not pass the list of people joined who lived near the Praia da Luz and that PJ sent in fulfilling a letter rogatory .

In recent months , the British media reported every suspicious Scotland Yard published the robot portraits police - hi revealed that they were made by detectives ultimately paid by the parents of the child - and brought the audience to send the three letters rogatory of English investigators before the Portuguese authorities become aware of these requests for international assistance .

That was not filmed in Portugal - - ​​and broadcast in England, Germany and the Netherlands a reconstruction of the night of the crime was taken . After the " thousands of clues " that the Metropolitan Police told the media he had received following the issue of television programs , the strategy remains the tracking of mobile phones that were near the Ocean Club resort on the night of May 3, 2007 , the day the child disappeared .

For the elements of PJ contacted by i , these behaviors will not affect cooperation between the two police forces . " The rogatory will be fulfilled in the most committed as possible because international cooperation there is no room for states of mind ," concluded the source of PJ .

http://www.noticiasaominuto.com/pais/182798/pj-quer-investigacao-do-caso-maddie-longe-dos-jornais-ingleses - .UxRNUCh0GRk

Reaction PJ wants Maddie case investigation away from British newspapers

In reaction to the different paths that have been followed by Portuguese and British police in the investigation of the Maddie case , the Judicial Police informed the Metropolitan Police that do not want the results of research conducted in Portugal are published in the English papers , write hi on Monday .
COUNTRY DR
09:11 - March 3, 2014 | By By Minute News

While the Portuguese authorities investigating a former employee of the Ocean Club , where little Maddie disappeared on the evening of May 3, 2007 , the British police follow the trail to three assailants who considers essential to unraveling the case .

The lack of cooperation between the authorities of the two countries has meant that arise in the organs of English communication information relating to research conducted in Portugal , by the Judicial Police ( PJ ) informed the Metropolitan Police that wants to get out of the Portuguese research papers.

" The PJ want to continue to do your research on the process and don'ts newspapers ( ... ) and will continue with the necessary discretion , which is aware of its British counterpart . The media is out of our equation during the investigation . And it was never said that there is suspicious because there is nothing strong enough " , i earned a police source .

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 03.03.14 10:10

@Doug D wrote:Two articles from Portuguese press this morning with PJ appearing to tell SY to investigate properly & stop leaking bits to the press. (both google translations)

In Gary Hagland's letter to the BBC, he makes reference (and I'm paraphrasing from memory here) to the police force of a third world EU member state. I've never been 100% clear whether he was referring to Britain or Portugal.

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 03.03.14 10:19

And strangely NO 'Maddie' stories for quite a while now, in MSM.

Perhaps it has finally dawned on the great UK Metropolitan police that they were being viewed around the World as, and ridiculed as, 'Keystone Cops'
----------------------------------------------------------------
"But even before the case got to court there were concerns that the Metropolitan police, under immense pressure to catch Miss ............ killer, had been so desperate to secure a conviction that they had fallen into the trap of making the facts fit into their hypothesis, rather than forming a hypothesis based on the facts."

The Assistant Chief Constable of Leicestershire Police, who stated in July 2008 that "While one or both of them [the McCanns] may be innocent, there is no clear evidence that eliminates them from involvement in Madeleine's disappearance."

DCI Andy Redwood must have rung this chap, and asked him what he meant, surely?

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 03.03.14 10:38

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
@Doug D wrote:Two articles from Portuguese press this morning with PJ appearing to tell SY to investigate properly & stop leaking bits to the press. (both google translations)

In Gary Hagland's letter to the BBC, he makes reference (and I'm paraphrasing from memory here) to the police force of a third world EU member state. I've never been 100% clear whether he was referring to Britain or Portugal.

The McCanns created the myth that Portugal was a third world country with thuggish cops who batter helpless mothers into confessing they killed their own children - see Leonor Cipriano. Only yesterday, I saw their situation compared to the film 'Midnight Express'. Trulyjudy said this morning she is astonished people believe the corrupt Portuguese police and authorities over the word of the McCanns. Amazing how Gerry's megalomania seeps round down to the lowest rungs, the shills on twitter.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by diatribe on 03.03.14 14:45

@jeanmonroe wrote:
"But even before the case got to court there were concerns that the Metropolitan police, under immense pressure to catch Miss ............ killer, had been so desperate to secure a conviction that they had fallen into the trap of making the facts fit into their hypothesis, rather than forming a hypothesis based on the facts."

In my personal experience, that's always been the case, Jean. The following are examples where the Met. Police have employed the aforementioned modus operandi, Henry MacKenny, Barry George, Colin Stagg, Bob Maynard, Reg Dudley, Terry Pinfold. Nicholas Hoogstraten et al, to name but a few.

diatribe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 05.03.14 10:11

@diatribe wrote:
@jeanmonroe wrote:

In my personal experience, that's always been the case, Jean. The following are examples where the Met. Police have employed the aforementioned modus operandi, Henry MacKenny, Barry George, Colin Stagg, Bob Maynard, Reg Dudley, Terry Pinfold. Nicholas Hoogstraten et al, to name but a few.

SAM HALLAM.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-18097016

METROPOLITAN POLICE, AGAIN!

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 05.03.14 10:20

@jeanmonroe wrote:
@diatribe wrote:
@jeanmonroe wrote:

SAM HALLAM.

From Guardian article 2012:
In Hallam's case the key came from his own mobile phone. Photos on the phone showed that at the time he was wrongly identified to have been taking part in the brutal murder of Essayas Kassahun, he was actually in a pub with his Dad. Hallam had forgotten where he was that night, leading him to give what the police believed, and which the jury seemed to have accepted, was a false alibi. Had the police used cell site analysis to investigate the mobile phone, they would have seen early on in the investigation that Hallam was innocent.

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 05.03.14 11:04

Had the (MET) police used cell site analysis to investigate the mobile phone, they would have seen early on in the investigation that Hallam was innocent.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't be silly!  laughat 

MET Police only use 'cell site analysis' to pin point child snatching, gypsy, tractor driving burglars, THREE in particular, in Portugal!

The MET don't need to use it, in UK, cos they will have 38 'coppers' who all have the 'same' thing written in their 'note' books and will swear blind in a courtroom, "It wuz 'im wot dun it, Sarge"

And the MET's big boss, BHH, will 'back his Met police officers' 100%, as in the case of 30 year career cop, Keith Wallis, (now IN jail for 12 months)!

Quote:
The Met commissioner, Bernard Hogan-Howe, who alarmed Mitchell's friends in November 2012 by saying he was "100% behind the officers" who had "accurately reported what happened",

TAKE 'IM DOWN!

(as well as the 'villain')

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 05.03.14 11:52

DCI Redwood and 'team' must be due another freebie meeting with the PJ in Portugal.

Get them out of the 'office' won't it?

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg on 05.03.14 12:08

@jeanmonroe wrote:DCI Redwood and 'team' must be due another freebie meeting with the PJ in Portugal.

I wonder how much time the team actually spends on this case. I cant imagine them sitting in their office pouring over files for 9 hours a day.  What are they actually doing. Are they out and about all day, or just stuck in an office. Can this case really be investigated from a UK office?  Are they interviewing the UK based people?  I just cant imagine what they are actually doing. Is Operation Grange a full time operation or are the officers in the team assigned to multiple operations.
It would be interesting to get some inside info on this....I think it may just be an illusion

HelenMeg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 05.03.14 12:27

@HelenMeg wrote:
@jeanmonroe wrote:DCI Redwood and 'team' must be due another freebie meeting with the PJ in Portugal.

I wonder how much time the team actually spends on this case. I cant imagine them sitting in their office pouring over files for 9 hours a day.  What are they actually doing. Are they out and about all day, or just stuck in an office. Can this case really be investigated from a UK office?  Are they interviewing the UK based people?  I just cant imagine what they are actually doing. Is Operation Grange a full time operation or are the officers in the team assigned to multiple operations.
It would be interesting to get some inside info on this....I think it may just be an illusion
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"What are they actually doing. Are they out and about all day, or just stuck in an office?"

"I just cant imagine what they are actually doing. Is Operation Grange a full time operation?"

I repeat:

RETRO-FITTING 'FACTS' TO FIT INTO THEIR (the MET's) 'HYPOTHESIS' IS A FULL TIME OPERATION!

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by diatribe on 05.03.14 12:52

@jeanmonroe wrote:

SAM HALLAM.

---and perhaps the most notorious of them all, Winston Silcott.

diatribe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by diatribe on 05.03.14 13:12

----or these three guys, where witnesses had described two as being be white.

http://innocent.org.uk/cases/m253/index.html

diatribe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 on 05.03.14 13:54

@HelenMeg wrote:

I am too having doubts about the amount being put into the case in both time and money.  Ok, foreign trips are expensive but the failure to answer basic freedom of information requests makes me think.  7 million is a lot of money considering all they have managed to do is make themselves look incompetent so far.

Pershing36

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 05.03.14 15:29

@aiyoyo wrote:
@marconi wrote:
@Bishop Brennan wrote:It's hard to see the SY line of enquiry progressing at all.  Even with the ILRs, they are unlikely to get all that they want (bank account info for example). At best they will get to ask (via proxy) some questions.  The problem is that SY appear to have failed to convince the PJ that there is any merit in this line of investigation. Despite 20+ visits, and regular discussions, the PJ just aren't buying it.  They have their "own lines of enquiry".  

So, sure, they might well cooperate in terms of finding the people and asking the appropriate questions, but then what?  The answers are likely to be as helpful as the rogatory answers given by the T7.  Vague, unhelpful.  And if the 'suspects' are guilty, then also very evasive (or indeed just inaccurate).    

So, it's not so much that the cops are at war, but rather that the PJ just don't think the SY are following the right track.  

Net result?  A lot of huffing and puffing from SY, followed by lurid headlines of PJ obstructionism and unhelpfulness.  More "war" stories in other words.  And as ever, if this case is ever to be solved, it will be done by the PJ, not by a police force several hundred miles away without jurisdiction.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------===================================================================

bishopp, we don't know what is true, what is not and why the police are giving us this impression, if they are. Maybe it is the media.
The 2 lines of inquiry are not strange, I think. The Yard has to accept that there was no abduction and to prove it  like tha PJ did in 2007.
They got already far, eliminating the Tanner man, Murat and Birch and publishing an e-fit of Gerry's.
And now we learned that they have the names of the suspects.
It could not be better.

marconi,
Why is 2 lines of enquiry not strange when your stated belief is that two police forces are not at war?  Shouldn't there be common goal in order to progress?
What has Birch got anything to do with it, that according to you he's in the list of People MET is eliminating?
Where did you read the released e-fit was that of Gerry?
What could not be better - the different lines of enquiries?

I stand correctly but I suspect you are never going to answer this post just like you didn't answer all the others too.
These are valid questions I should think.

Different opinions and theses are aplenty here and people have no issue accepting different views/theses; and people have the decency/good manners to respond when their views are challenged.
But when you spout disturbing stuff like that that assaults common sense logic that is a different thing altogether. These are not rationale or reasonable opinions that people are expected to accept without right to challenge, or when challenged receives no response.  

I know people have been told to be selectively blind to posts.
Believe me I have tried to ignore your posts.  If they were just opinions I would be OK with ignoring them, but when you spout nonsense in the likes of nannies having bank accounts, you're convinced JT has confessed, Police waiting to be led to gravesite, Police know where the body is, each time there is MET movement in Portugal you are convinced Gerry & Kate have gone there as well, you want people to check with NHS whether Gerry was at work, you are convinced reconstruction will take place at your predicted date; you are sure e-fit is that of Gerry etc ; all these are all just nonsense that cannot square up with poor language skills.  I've no problem accepting different views but you state yours with conviction without any basis, and that is disturbing part.

Hiding behind supermoderator's skirt excusing it to poor language skills is all very well but I can understand you no problem.  Anyone can claim to be Sudanese, Chinese, Mongolian or what not, then cite poor English Language skill to excuse their atrocious posts, does that make it OK then? I am not disputing your claim about English not being your mother tongue, but I am saying your are responsible for your posts.

I agree with Tigger's post that no one should be exception to the rule.  Said post of Tigger has been deleted by Mod (and decreed by Mod can't be quoted anyway)

Rant  over.

Notes:
You have the right to post;
I have the right to challenge;
You have the right not to answer (apparently according to Mod Rule)
People have the right to ignore your post and my post;
All within boundary of Forum Rules, No Problem then!

WARNING :
Those who find my post rude can choose to ignore it....Mod Rule.

P.S.  Those who find my post rude, I apologise in advance.  I'm just exasperated with standard and blatant bad manners.

I do not think your post is rude. I have seen a lot of rude posts though.

I do think your post is worth repeating.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 05.03.14 16:35

@HelenMeg wrote:

IIRC it has been reported that not all of them are on the case full-time, but also assigned to other cases.

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE on 05.03.14 16:40

"Reopening the process would mean that the prosecutor would be acknowledging a mistake," Gonçalo Amaral told tvmais. "As you can see, we demonstrated in the documentary that, physically, abduction could not have happened. It also became clear that she died that same day, May 3, 2007," the inspector said shortly after the broadcast on TVI. "But above all, the role that David Payne played in the case needs to be understood. Certainly with the girl and with Kate McCann."

Is the new evidence the real reason for re opening, or is it that Mr. Amaral said in the interview?

NickE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 05.03.14 16:53

@HelenMeg wrote:

They're watching this site full time, discussing the details put in front of them, and translating the essentials to take over to their mates in the PJ Portugal..... at least, if they're not, they should be.
There's some sterling research going on here.
Keep the good work up posters, we'll get there in the end, remember 'we're all in this together'.  big grin 

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 05.03.14 17:28

It could be taking this long in order to join up all the tentacles in the threads - it must be like an absolute maze for them - just imagine all the different people involved, RM and his family, Malinka, Smiths, Metodo3, Halligen, Exton, Edmonds, other guests at OC, GB, TB, Brian Kennedy, Smethurst, the OC, the PI`s, the dodgy solicitor who went to Brazil, Jim Gamble, CEOP records, Leicester Police, car rentals, phone records  ..... I could go on and on.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SchrodingersBody on 05.03.14 18:18

@Woofer wrote:It could be taking this long in order to join up all the tentacles in the threads - it must be like an absolute maze for them - just imagine all the different people involved, RM and his family, Malinka, Smiths, Metodo3, Halligen, Exton, Edmonds, other guests at OC, GB, TB, Brian Kennedy, Smethurst, the OC, the PI`s, the dodgy solicitor who went to Brazil, Jim Gamble, CEOP records, Leicester Police, car rentals, phone records  ..... I could go on and on.
Yep, basically agree with that. In amongst the statements and records of that little lot along with various telly and print interviews, and of course a certain bewk are probably enough clues to pull out the truth.

The problem is joining those clues up to establish the truth, joining up just the right ones, and finding enough of them to prove a case or single out the abductor. Once you can do that, you then have to make sure it's right. You need to be certain that whomsoever you may wish to accuse of something, can't break the links you've established, or sufficiently muddy the waters with all the rest of the nonsense that's also contained in the various records and statements. Some of it no doubt put there deliberately to help whomsoever may end up accused. I doubt that until we've got all aspects covered that we will see anything concrete from either police force. 

I can't see how a dragged out coverup is any better than the cover up they already had at the point of archiving. On this reasoning, I hope there is no coverup, but merely a really difficult job either tracing an abductor, or deciding a charge and then proving a case. I appreciate the prevailing opinion on here is the latter, but every statement I've seen from the Met Police can be interpreted to support both abduction and parental involvement theories, hence my username. Madeleine is both alive and dead, both states remain theoretically possible, and until you find a body, or can prove you won't.

SchrodingersBody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 42 of 43 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum