The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

'Double effect': 'Sick kids secretly given deadly overdoses by British medics in illegal mercy killings'

View previous topic View next topic Go down

'Double effect': 'Sick kids secretly given deadly overdoses by British medics in illegal mercy killings'

Post by Guest on 15.02.14 10:36

Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt has ordered an urgent probe into claims medics illegally helped two sick children to die

Sick children have secretly been given deadly ­overdoses by British medics in illegal mercy killings, a doctor has claimed.

The shock suggestion was made by retired GP Michael Irwin and it sparked an urgent probe as Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt vowed to investigate “whether the law was broken”.

It came just hours after Belgium became the first country in the world to allow the euthanasia of children

More on link.....

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/double-effect-sick-kids-secretly-3147133#ixzz2tNyZhSwN

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Double effect': 'Sick kids secretly given deadly overdoses by British medics in illegal mercy killings'

Post by bobbin on 15.02.14 17:46

candyfloss wrote:

Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt has ordered an urgent probe into claims medics illegally helped two sick children to die

Sick children have secretly been given deadly ­overdoses by British medics in illegal mercy killings, a doctor has claimed.

The shock suggestion was made by retired GP Michael Irwin and it sparked an urgent probe as Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt vowed to investigate “whether the law was broken”.

It came just hours after Belgium became the first country in the world to allow the euthanasia of children

More on link.....

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/double-effect-sick-kids-secretly-3147133#ixzz2tNyZhSwN

So, anyone involved in such an act would want to keep it quiet, given that there's a possible 'life in jail' penalty involved.
Coincidence of course that there were some Irwins signed in at Tapas at PdL, but it's a common enough name and this gentleman is in his 80's.
Switzerland is the other place where euthanasia is enabled but for adults, and there are arguments for an adult to make an adult decision.
It certainly stretches every thread of credibility to try to claim that a child can make a fully consenting decision regarding whether it wants to die or not, seeing as though it is below the age of any other form of consent, such as being in charge of driving a ton of metal on the roads, deciding to become a parent or even of voting a government in to serve the needs of children.

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Double effect': 'Sick kids secretly given deadly overdoses by British medics in illegal mercy killings'

Post by lj on 15.02.14 17:50

Can somebody explain to me the difference between an abortion and this?

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stumo on 15.02.14 20:14

@lj wrote:Can somebody explain to me the difference between an abortion and this?

one is legal....

stumo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 15.02.14 21:47

It is called palliative care.
For people in terminal stages of cancer or indeed of other life terminating illness the doctor will quite properly, and under the legal duty imposed, give
sufficient mediation to stop the pain.
There inevitably comes a point at which the amount of mediation given is sufficient to stop the pain, but is also incompatible with life.
It is normal, it happens all the time, and pray that one day you have a doctor who understands the issue !

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils on 15.02.14 22:05

Quite so, PM.   yes

Lance De Boils

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 15.02.14 22:07

@PeterMac wrote:It is called palliative care.
For people in terminal stages of cancer or indeed of other life terminating illness the doctor will quite properly, and under the legal duty imposed, give
sufficient mediation to stop the pain.
There inevitably comes a point at which the amount of mediation given is sufficient to stop the pain, but is also incompatible with life.
It is normal, it happens all the time, and pray that one day you have a doctor who understands the issue !

Indeed PeterM. I really don't understand why all at the sudden there is this upheaval, even by people who do not object abortion.

I remember growing up it was very normal: people got to the end of their lives and the doctor, or patient would say it was enough. Then everyone was warned to say their goodbyes, yes even children. Then the doctor came and gave some shots. It was not dead on the needle but most of the time it was going "to sleep" followed by death in 24h. I very vividly remember this from one very dear uncle, an aunt and one of my grandfathers. They were all deeply religious and in all cases it was a very dignified end.

I know that when my end comes near I will go to one of those places where doctors believe that death can be dignified and a solution too.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on 15.02.14 22:44

I'm really torn on this issue. My Mother didn't want to give in, but my did she suffer. It was her strong spirit and her will that gave her an extra year, a year more than what the Dr's had predicted.

We had a lot of laughs and shared some special times within that last year. Eventually though we had to make that decision for her, the syringe driver went in. Devastating! I can't forgive myself for that. It wasn't what she wanted.

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DurhamGuy1967 on 15.02.14 22:59

My dog was really ill , suffering, our vet came out and and on the dogs favourite spot in the garden overlooking the rolling hills helped him to pass into the next world.

I hope to god I can go in the same manor!

DurhamGuy1967

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 16.02.14 10:42

@DurhamGuy1967 wrote:My dog was really ill , suffering, our vet came out and and on the dogs favourite spot in the garden overlooking the rolling hills helped him to pass into the next world.

I hope to god I can go in the same manor!
Ditto and everyone of my family (adults) feel the same.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by comperedna on 16.02.14 15:06

That's the way my mother died at home - with gradually increasing doses of diamorphine (heroin), anti-emetic, and sedative, in  a syringe driver with a sub-clavicular line in, to keep the dosing constant so that the pain of end stage terminal cancer did not break through. She was in control of the driver with an over-ride button to alter the speed of the input herself until the very last hours of her life...when she slipped into a gradually increasing coma ... and she died. This gave her the maximum time she could have awake and relatively pain free with her family, but no crippling pain at the very end. The trouble is it only works so well for people in PAIN at the very end. Other illnesses which involve dreadful suffocating breathlessness must be difficult to deal with so decently. I believe my mother had as good an end as could be managed. Of course, though the main aim was pain reduction the secondary effect was to hasten death. My mothers is one example of the good palliative care Petermac is referring to, I think. A mercy-killing shot, like putting an anmal down, is not involved.

comperedna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 16.02.14 16:44

comperedna5 wrote:That's the way my mother died at home - with gradually increasing doses of diamorphine (heroin), anti-emetic, and sedative, in  a syringe driver with a sub-clavicular line in, to keep the dosing constant so that the pain of end stage terminal cancer did not break through. She was in control of the driver with an over-ride button to alter the speed of the input herself until the very last hours of her life...when she slipped into a gradually increasing coma ... and she died. This gave her the maximum time she could have awake and relatively pain free with her family, but no crippling pain at the very end. The trouble is it only works so well for people in PAIN at the very end. Other illnesses which involve dreadful suffocating breathlessness must be difficult to deal with so decently. I believe my mother had as good an end as could be managed. Of course, though the main aim was pain reduction the secondary effect was to hasten death. My mothers is one example of the good palliative care Petermac is referring to, I think. A mercy-killing shot, like putting an anmal down, is not involved.
Comperedna5, your mother had a good death, and this is all any of us, and those around us, can hope and or pray for.  empathy

Nina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum