The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Third letter of request sent by SY to Portugal - Tempo of Madeleine inquiry moving forward

Page 18 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Third letter of request sent by SY to Portugal - Tempo of Madeleine inquiry moving forward

Post by sami on 22.02.14 10:14

@HelenMeg wrote:I feel that we, as the general public, should feel reassured by BHH and what he has to say. Instead, I feel the opposite, strangely un-reassured and with no faith in our
police. He didn't really say anything with certainty. I could have done a better job at sounding as if I had some control. I hope there is more to the man than
we have seen. Hope he is a man of substance. As you say, Redwood gives off a better aura


Helenmag, BHH should be saying nothing at all.  For Gods sake, talking about a case on a two bit radio talk show.  He should not be putting himself in such a position.

sami

Posts : 962
Reputation : 48
Join date : 2012-04-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Third letter of request sent by SY to Portugal - Tempo of Madeleine inquiry moving forward

Post by joyce1938 on 22.02.14 10:18

I think it is a fact to be aware of ,that they have to be most carefull ,if it ever gets to court case , others haven't messed up some comments that could then be not be able to be used in court ,that would be detrimentle to the cause. Not that I am other than a person that has no law training at all .joyce1938

joyce1938

Posts : 805
Reputation : 86
Join date : 2010-04-20
Age : 77
Location : england

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Third letter of request sent by SY to Portugal - Tempo of Madeleine inquiry moving forward

Post by sami on 22.02.14 10:34

@joyce1938 wrote:I think it is a fact to be aware of ,that they have to be most carefull ,if it ever gets to court case , others haven't messed up some comments that could then be not be able to be used in court ,that would be detrimentle to the cause. Not that I am other than a person that has no law training at all .joyce1938


Yes Joyce, you make a very good point.  For that reason alone BHH should stay indoors and say nothing at all.

sami

Posts : 962
Reputation : 48
Join date : 2012-04-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Third letter of request sent by SY to Portugal - Tempo of Madeleine inquiry moving forward

Post by ultimaThule on 22.02.14 10:46

@joyce1938 wrote:I think it is a fact to be aware of ,that they have to be most carefull ,if it ever gets to court case , others haven't messed up some comments that could then be not be able to be used in court ,that would be detrimentle to the cause. Not that I am other than a person that has no law training at all .joyce1938
You're spot on, joyce, and I find it significant that what is being said about this in the UK media is markedly different to what is being said in the Portuguese media. 

While the UK media appears to be pussyfooting around any suggestion the McCanns were complicit in their daughter's disappearance, it would seem the Portuguese media have no such qualms and, in particular, the recent tv programme about the case in which Dr Amaral participated gave the impression it was open season on the couple.

ultimaThule

Posts : 3355
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-09-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Third letter of request sent by SY to Portugal - Tempo of Madeleine inquiry moving forward

Post by Mirage on 22.02.14 10:47

@joyce1938 wrote:I think it is a fact to be aware of ,that they have to be most carefull ,if it ever gets to court case , others haven't messed up some comments that could then be not be able to be used in court ,that would be detriment to the cause. Not that I am other than a person that has no law training at all .joyce1938
Joyce,  It is always a matter of delicate judgement what is said publicly by investigating officers in order not to compromise court cases. But that is no excuse for going the other way as HH has done. These words from the most senior police officer are far more likely to linger in the memory of future jurors. And let us not forget the British police officer who turned up for investigative duties in Portimao wearing a "Find Madeleine" wristband.
If an investigating officer is asked about A, B or C specifically, these are the times when carefully chosen neutral words are used. But when asked about how an Operation is progressing in general terms and not put on the spot about A,B or C, why come out with an eulogy like that?
IMO this constitutes blatant bias which would be equally prejudicial to a future jury.

____________________
Kate McCann: "It's too 'ot. Give 'im a minute."

Mirage

Posts : 1664
Reputation : 382
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Third letter of request sent by SY to Portugal - Tempo of Madeleine inquiry moving forward

Post by lj on 23.02.14 16:16

@Mirage wrote:
@joyce1938 wrote:I think it is a fact to be aware of ,that they have to be most carefull ,if it ever gets to court case , others haven't messed up some comments that could then be not be able to be used in court ,that would be detriment to the cause. Not that I am other than a person that has no law training at all .joyce1938
Joyce,  It is always a matter of delicate judgement what is said publicly by investigating officers in order not to compromise court cases. But that is no excuse for going the other way as HH has done. These words from the most senior police officer are far more likely to linger in the memory of future jurors. And let us not forget the British police officer who turned up for investigative duties in Portimao wearing a "Find Madeleine" wristband.
If an investigating officer is asked about A, B or C specifically, these are the times when carefully chosen neutral words are used. But when asked about how an Operation is progressing in general terms and not put on the spot about A,B or C, why come out with an eulogy like that?
IMO this constitutes blatant bias which would be equally prejudicial to a future jury.

Also, he volunteers the information about the parents. He is giving a reaction on Nicky's "Portuguese police really messed up didn't they" and then feels compelled to drop in the "parents torment". Absolutely unnecessary, unasked for and really out of place.

BHH: Er I'm not going to respond to Nicky's comments let me just let me just help.Where we are at the moment ,we have sent three letters of request for international assistance to the Portuguese er judiciary because that's the way their system works and also with the police we are working closely with them obviously the Portuguese police have got a line of enquiry which is different to the Metropolitan Police's but we are working together to try and resolve that erm we're trying our best to keep the family informed and I think in the middle of all this quite often their torment gets lost, have they lost a child or, er,by being murdered,or sadly, or, have they lost a child by someone else stealing them..

It looks like the talking points they got are: bring the parents' suffering up what ever they ask.

Like: What's the weather going to be tomorrow? answer "It's going to rain, which reminds me I have to remind you of the misery of Madeleine's parents, that is as bad as the weather" or: "the stockmarket collapses, think of the torment K&G are going through".

Oh wait the last one might be true.

Oh I forgot: he is only fooling the parents in a false sense of security.

____________________
"And if Madeleine had hurt herself inside the apartment, why would that be our fault?"  Gerry

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

Posts : 3275
Reputation : 148
Join date : 2009-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum