The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Third letter of request sent by SY to Portugal - Tempo of Madeleine inquiry moving forward

Page 5 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Third letter of request sent by SY to Portugal - Tempo of Madeleine inquiry moving forward

Post by Tony Bennett on 13.02.14 23:35

@whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:
There's nothing SY can do to take that stuff off the website.
Rubbish.

Redwood and BBC CrimeWatch have given us two e-fits (of the same man) that they want to talk to.

And four - or was it five - blond or blondish men.

They got 6.7 million people to watch that programme - and urged their audience to ring on SY hotline or Crimestoppers if they had any useful information or knew who these men were.

Into the bargain, Redwood said, plain as a pikestaff - don't look for Tannerman, I've found him.

Asking the public to look for someone whom the Senior Investigating Officer in the case has publicly ruled out is potentially a very serious matter.

It could well be perverting the course of justice.

For which the maximum sentence in this country is life imprisonment.

Redwood could, if he chose, arrest members of the McCann Team behind the website for perverting the course of justice.

Or he could approach the McCann website team and say: 'Look, take down that image - or I WILL prosecute you for perverting the course of justice'.

I suggest Redwood doesn't do this because he doesn't care one jot if Tannerman, Uncle Tom Cobbleigh or The Incredible Hulk appear on the Find Madeleine site as potential suspects.

Who cares anyway?

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Third letter of request sent by SY to Portugal - Tempo of Madeleine inquiry moving forward

Post by diatribe on 13.02.14 23:41

@Seek truth wrote:
 There's something seriously wrong. !

I think that's why this forum was set up, Seek Truth big grin

diatribe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 13.02.14 23:42

@diatribe wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:
@Portia wrote:
But that's not the issue here; it is: who benefits from offering word of all these ridiculous charcters to the media?
OK - good question - Cui bono? - Who benefits?

ANSWER: [SNIPPED}

Plus its good groundwork for the film when the McCann's advisors think that the time has come when the public will accept it.
Hmmm, yes.

Six years ago, they were 'a million miles away' from making a film,

But now???

On 7 January 2008 it was widely reported in the media that the McCanns and their advisers were in talks with media and film moguls IMG, who made the film ‘Touching the Void’, about a possible film about Madeleine’s disappearance. Clarence Mitchell was asked whether Gerry and Kate would play themselves in any film or if their roles would be played by celebrity actors. He said: It may be hugely entertaining and a bit of fun to speculate on a cast list, but we are a million miles away from that sort of thing”.

UNQUOTE

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 13.02.14 23:45

@Tony Bennett wrote:
There's nothing SY can do to take that stuff off the website.
Rubbish.

Redwood and BBC CrimeWatch have given us two e-fits (of the same man) that they want to talk to.

And four - or was it five - blond or blondish men.

They got 6.7 million people to watch that programme - and urged their audience to ring on SY hotline or Crimestoppers if they had any useful information or knew who these men were.

Into the bargain, Redwood said, plain as a pikestaff - don't look for Tannerman, I've found him.

Asking the public to look for someone whom the Senior Investigating Officer in the case has publicly ruled out is potentially a very serious matter.

It could well be perverting the course of justice.

For which the maximum sentence in this country is life imprisonment.

Redwood could, if he chose, arrest members of the McCann Team behind the website for perverting the course of justice.

Or he could approach the McCann website team and say: 'Look, take down that image - or I WILL prosecute you for perverting the course of justice'.

I suggest Redwood doesn't do this because he doesn't care one jot if Tannerman, Uncle Tom Cobbleigh or The Incredible Hulk appear on the Find Madeleine site as potential suspects.

Who cares anyway?

I would kindly ask that you please refrain from the use of emotive words like 'rubbish'.

If SY have the McCanns in their sights, then surely perverting the course of justice would be part of it. They would wait for their case to be completed before doing so. If they try to arrest the McCanns now for perverting the course of justice, there will be a media sh*tstorm, so SY had better be pretty sure that they've got everything they need first.

We have different opinions on this. It doesn't make mine 'rubbish'.

whatliesbehindthesofa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi on 13.02.14 23:48

On McCannfiles there is an article of Diário de Notícias, confirming the presence of the Yard in Faro this week.
The most surprising is that the PJ confirmed it!!!!!!!
It is saying that the requests of the second letter are not carried out yet and I don't believe it.
The paper is again using the word funcionários, people who have a function somewhere where they work.

marconi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 13.02.14 23:49

@marconi wrote:On McCannfiles there is an article of Diário de Notícias, confirming the presence of the Yard in Faro this week.
It is saying that the requests of the second letter are not carried out yet and I don't believe it.
The paper is again using the word funcionários, people who have a function somewhere where they work.

Any mention of burglars marconi?

whatliesbehindthesofa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by roy rovers on 13.02.14 23:52

@ Tony Bennett
In the past few months, we've had the CrimeWatch McCann show, which it would be very hard to rate as a genuine new appeal for information. Co-ordinated closely for over six months, at a cost of £1 million-plus for the BBC, it seemed to be all about public perception, once again.

I doubt it cost that much given most of those involved were on SY or BBC payroll anyway. My view as a TV licence fee payer is that it was some of the cheapest drama that money can buy with the highest audience to cost-to-produce ratio.

roy rovers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi on 13.02.14 23:52

@marconi wrote:On McCannfiles there is an article of Diário de Notícias, confirming the presence of the Yard in Faro this week.

Any mention of burglars marconi?

Not at all, whatliesbehindthesofa,  not even of gypsies!

marconi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 13.02.14 23:54

@marconi wrote:
Not at all, whatliesbehindthesofa,  not even of gypsies!

Yes, I've read it now. Mention of the ocean club workers and the checking of bank accounts again.

whatliesbehindthesofa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seek truth on 13.02.14 23:57

@Seek truth wrote:
Did I say they needed a law to force them?

If they had questioned the mccanns about not removing Tannerman, they would have removed it by now, or would they have a very good reason to say to SY "oh sorry we can't we are too busy making money, would you like some?"

I didn't say that you had.

That's just another assumption.  What if the McCanns just said no?  How do we know that this hasn't actually happened?  There's nothing SY can do to take that stuff off the website.
Well if questioning the mccanns about the Tannerman on their website is just an assumption, don't tell me your idea that SY can't get the mccanns to take that stuff off (Tannerman) from their website isn't it!
How can they go against SY decision, there's no Tannerman but they say "Oh yes there is search for him pls "

Seek truth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 13.02.14 23:58

@Seek truth wrote:
If the mccanns say no to SY There's something seriously wrong. So Then they should be interrogated even more, which is what we all want. Question them! 
 Maybe it could up the tempo!

I definitely agree with that! But in my opinion it will just be another part of the case against them when they are finally brought to justice.

whatliesbehindthesofa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by diatribe on 14.02.14 0:01

@Tony Bennett wrote:

I don't think he would be on solid ground there, Tony, because the McCann team could simply remind him that at this stage of the proceedings, his opinion is simply a theory the same as theirs. Nothing has been proven or disproven either way. After all, he's never produced Crecheman, probably because he doesn't exist.

At the end of the day, as you so poignantly assert, who cares anyway, its just a game. At least while they're chasing fictitious burglars, Sydney Cooke lookalikes, touchy feely celebrities, et al. they're leaving us alone. big grin

diatribe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 14.02.14 0:03

@Seek truth wrote:
Well if questioning the mccanns about the Tannerman on their website is just an assumption, don't tell me your idea that SY can't get the mccanns to take that stuff off (Tannerman) from their website isn't it!
How can they go against SY decision, there's no Tannerman but they say "Oh yes there is search for him pls "

Well, as Tony said, they could threaten the McCanns with arrest for perverting the course of justice. But then all hell would break loose. Short of threatening them with that, I don't see what else they could do. The McCanns have cunningly worded the text on their website - it is an 'interpretation' of what Redwood said on Crimewatch. Correct me if I'm wrong, but on Crimewatch I don't recall Redwood saying that they were 100% certain that this guy was Tannerman. Even if he was 99.9999% certain, the McCanns still have 0.0001% doubt to justify their claim.

whatliesbehindthesofa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seek truth on 14.02.14 0:10

@diatribe wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:

I don't think he would be on solid ground there, Tony, because the McCann team could simply remind him that at this stage of the proceedings, his opinion is simply a theory the same as theirs. Nothing has been proven or disproven either way. After all, he's never produced Crecheman, probably because he doesn't exist.

At the end of the day, as you so poignantly assert, who cares anyway, its just a game. At least while they're chasing fictitious burglars, Sydney Cooke lookalikes, touchy feely celebrities, et al. they're leaving us alone. big grin
Well who's in charge here mccanns or SY (crimewatch).

are we the public to ignore crimewatch?

What's going on here, are you saying crimewatch does still want us to search for this man? I didn't hear Redwood say that it was PROBABLY the man or MAYBE.

I see, confusion is good.
Let me stop with the assumptions then, let's just sit and watch the tempo move forward because that's all it's doing moving forward at the same pace, not faster, and work are arses off to pay for this joke.

Seek truth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 14.02.14 0:14

@Seek truth wrote:
Well who's in charge here mccanns or SY (crimewatch).

What's going on here, are you saying crimewatch does still want us to search for this man? 

I see, confusion is good.
Let me stop with the assumptions then, let's just sit and watch the tempo move forward, and works are arses off to pay for this joke.

If the McCanns know that the investigation is a white-wash, why contradict SY on their website?  Why not co-operate as fully as they can, seeing as they've been given the key to freedom?

If the McCanns know that it's not a white-wash and SY are making a case against them, why would they co-operate at all?

whatliesbehindthesofa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 14.02.14 0:18

Presumeably the Portuguese can send ILOR to the UK authorities.

We don't know if they have.

They might have sent 100 ILOR to UK officials linked to THEIR inquiries!

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 14.02.14 0:22

@Seek truth wrote:I didn't hear Redwood say that it was PROBABLY the man or MAYBE.

What he said was:

"We're almost certain now that this sighting is not the abductor."

Reasonable doubt.  Even if they state elsewhere that they're absolutely certain, Redwood still made this statement on Crimewatch, which provides a justification for the McCanns' continued use of Tannerman on their website.  I'm not a legal expert by any means, but to me the charge of perverting the course of justice looks difficult to enforce when reasonable doubt exists.

Also, I think they're calling Redwood's bluff. If you believe as I do that Tannerman was fictional, then Crecheman may well also have been fictional - as seems likely to me anyway. A threat of perverting the course of justice is going to have no weight at all if Redwood can't produce Crecheman for the trial.

whatliesbehindthesofa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by diatribe on 14.02.14 0:24

@Seek truth wrote:

Unless one wishes to use it as background for some science fiction book, 'fraid so.

diatribe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 14.02.14 0:34

Wlbts never thought about the whitewash thing as you have described.

Food for thought.thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey on 14.02.14 0:34

@Seek truth wrote:I didn't hear Redwood say that it was PROBABLY the man or MAYBE.

What he said was:

Reasonable doubt.  Even if they state elsewhere that they're absolutely certain, Redwood still made this statement on Crimewatch, which provides a justification for the McCanns' continued use of Tannerman on their website.  I'm not a legal expert by any means, but to me the charge of perverting the course of justice looks difficult to enforce when reasonable doubt exists.

I agree and that "almost" was a very deliberate speech act on Redwood's behalf - to let the Tapas gang off the hook.

Okeydokey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 14.02.14 0:39

@jeanmonroe wrote:Presumeably the Portuguese can send ILOR to the UK authorities.

We don't know if they have.

They might have sent 100 ILOR to UK officials linked to THEIR inquiries!

As can be seen from the files, the PJ sent numerous letters of request to UK authorities and a fat lot of good it did them.  

However, with regard to the 3 ILORs which have been sent from the UK to Portugal I suspect this correspondence is intended to facilitate official transfers of evidence whereby counsel for the prosecution can say 'M'lud, on x date an ILOR was sent to the Portuguese authorities which resulted in Exhibit A (or other letter of the alphabet) coming into the possession of the investigating officer' or similar.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CynicAl on 14.02.14 0:44

A question for those in the know... 

SY are visiting someone in Portugal... The libel trial has mysteriously suspended without trace... 

If... 

Sr. Amaral were... Erm... Worth visiting by SY... Like... If he was, say, consulting... Like if Amaral's original investigation was Redwood's point zero and somehow GA was being allowed something of a much deserved exoneration... And Portugal was the safest place to move him in and out of meetings with his old force and SY without tipping anyone off... 

Would that account for both SY's personal visits AND the sudden moratorium on the libel case. Could the judge, on their own authority, simply string the trial process out if suitably convinced that doing so would result in a dramatic change of circumstances which would render the libel trial moot? 

Just a thought.

CynicAl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 14.02.14 0:47

If the McCanns know that the investigation is a white-wash, why contradict SY on their website?  Why not co-operate as fully as they can, seeing as they've been given the key to freedom?

If the McCanns know that it's not a white-wash and SY are making a case against them, why would they co-operate at all?

Quoting myself here, so that I can continue this line of thought  big grin 

Perhaps the McCanns don't know either way.

If it is a white-wash, it is conceivable that they would be in the know, but this isn't definite.

If it is not a white-wash, surely SY would keep things close to their chest - they're hardly going to tell the McCanns that they are suspects.

So we could have a situation where the McCanns don't know either way (as I currently believe).  Therefore, they would have to take a gamble:

- If the investigation turns out to be a white-wash, anything they do will be overlooked.  They have nothing to fear, so no need for CM to plant stories in the press, and why not take Tannerman off their website.

- If the investigation turns out not to be a white-wash, they could be facing arrest regardless of whether they co-operate.  In that case, they will be thinking about their future defense case, and bolster their original version of events.

With either of these outcomes, not co-operating and keeping Tannerman on their website has no added risk.  With the 'not white-wash' outcome, it actually may have a huge benefit - if the prosecution case isn't strong enough, Tannerman could be enough to prove reasonable doubt and get them off the hook.

whatliesbehindthesofa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 14.02.14 0:49

@CynicAl wrote:A question for those in the know... 

SY are visiting someone in Portugal... The libel trial has mysteriously suspended without trace... 

If... 

Sr. Amaral were... Erm... Worth visiting by SY... Like... If he was, say, consulting... Like if Amaral's original investigation was Redwood's point zero and somehow GA was being allowed something of a much deserved exoneration... And Portugal was the safest place to move him in and out of meetings with his old force and SY without tipping anyone off... 

Would that account for both SY's personal visits AND the sudden moratorium on the libel case. Could the judge, on their own authority, simply string the trial process out if suitably convinced that doing so would result in a dramatic change of circumstances which would render the libel trial moot? 

Just a thought.

I'm interested in whether Amaral has made any public comment recently.

whatliesbehindthesofa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 14.02.14 0:49

What he said was:

Reasonable doubt.

And what irrefutable EVIDENCE does Redwood have to be able to STATE publicly about an 'abductor', let alone catergorically state on national TV "THE ABDUCTOR"?

That is pure conjecture (an opinion or conclusion formed on the basis of incomplete information) by him, personally.

He wasn't in PDL at the EXACT time a child went 'missing' was he?

So he has obviously arrived at his 'conclusion' that there was an 'abduction' by 'THE abductor' based on what he has either 'heard or been told' about by someone.

Not even the McCanns highly paid lawyer Isobel of Carter Ruck will ever again say Madeleine McCann 'WAS abducted'

Not even the McCanns highly paid Portuguese lawyer Isobel Durate, will say Madeleine McCann 'WAS abducted' preferring to say in a courtroom 'the McCann couple's THESIS'

So where Andy Redwood has got his idea that Madeleine McCann WAS 'abducted by THE abductor' is anyones guess!

It's almost like a now convicted and jailed 'mortified and shameful' perjurer, 30 year career MET policeman saying 'I heard a cabinet minister calling the police 'f**king plebs'!

And 'convinced himself he had witnessed the Plebgate incident based on “a vivid and compelling video in his head,”

Has Andy 'convinced' himself that Madeleine McCann WAS 'abducted'?

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum