The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Mum claims snatchers tried to kidnap her child weeks earlier

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mum claims snatchers tried to kidnap her child weeks earlier

Post by sharonl on 10.02.14 0:50

Madeleine McCann: Mum claims snatchers tried to kidnap her own child weeks earlier
Spiked mum's drink then carried baby girl to getaway car
By Keith Kendrick Feb 09, 2014

A mother has told detectives investigating the disappearance of [url=http://www.parentdish.co.uk/tag/Madeleine McCann/]Madeleine McCann[/url] that child-snatchers spiked her drink and then tried to carry her one-year-old daughter to a getaway car.

The 30-year-old, who does not want to be named, told the Mirror she was on holiday with her mum and her daughter in Montechoro near Albufeira in Portugal – 30 miles from Praia da Luz where Maddie, then three, vanished six weeks later.

The night before their flight home, things took a terrifying twist. While the family dined in a restaurant, a man from the former Soviet Union who kept 'popping up wherever we went' arrived.

The mum said: "He knew we were leaving. There was a middle-aged couple who had served us before at another place. They were all over my daughter.

"They told me they missed their children in Uzbekistan and begged me to let them hold her." In the meantime they had served her with a glass of rosé wine.

The mum said: "Within half an hour I felt really dizzy. I knew I'd been drugged. It was only us in the restaurant and I felt vulnerable. I stood up and told mum we had to leave.

"As I did, the woman lifted my daughter out of her high chair and walked to the door.

"I heard an engine running. The man had vanished. I was terrified and managed to grab her back and barge the woman out of the way.

"We ran back to the hotel in the dark and bolted ourselves in the room. We were so frightened."

She told the newspaper she had become aware of a gang of migrants from the former Soviet Union, working on the resort's strip, taking a sinister interest in her girl when the family first arrived in Portugal.

She said: "It was terrifying, like something out of a film. From the first day of the holiday, a young dark-haired man kept popping up wherever we went. We would arrive at a restaurant and he'd show up minutes later as though he had been tipped off.

"It was low season so everywhere was quiet. There were about three or four restaurants open but the same staff would show up where we were. They all knew the dark-haired man. It felt like the Eastern European mafia was watching us.

"On the third night the man walked up to us, and chatted to us – but all about my daughter. He was obsessed, playing with her, stroking her hair. It was very over-familiar. He kept touching her and commenting on her blonde hair.

"She was struggling to eat her fish fingers and he picked them up and tried to feed them to her. It was all very uncomfortable.

"He was about 25 and my mum told him it was unusual to see someone his age interested in children. He said he had nephews back home. And he kept saying how cute she was."

The mum contacted police last October after a blonde girl found living with Roma gypsies in Greece was mistakenly thought to be Madeleine.

She said: "I've given a statement to Scotland Yard, and they are arranging to interview me again.

"I'll do anything I can to help. I didn't want to push it at the time because the investigators had their own theories. But now I'm speaking out. I can't be the only mum who has had a near-miss. Someone might know something that could change the investigation.

"Police are taking what happened to us seriously."

She said she reported the dramatic incident to the Find Madeleine campaign line in 2007, but they were then too busy pursuing other lines of inquiry.

But now police from Operation Grange are set to interview the mum for a second time in two months in the hope it will uncover new evidence in the hunt for Madeleine.

Met detectives are still awaiting permission to question three ex-staff at the complex in Praia da Luz where the McCanns were staying in May 2007.

sharonl

View user profile http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Mum claims snatchers tried to kidnap her child weeks earlier

Post by ultimaThule on 10.02.14 1:43

She said she reported the dramatic incident to the Find Madeleine campaign line in 2007, but they were then too busy pursuing other lines of inquiry.

'Too busy pursuing other lines of inquiry'?   How very telling is that? 

Now that the UK press has gone into overdrive with gypsies, burglars, MW employees who may moonlight as thieves, soothing couple, and a bus driver, the time is long overdue for the McCanns to reveal precisely what lines of inquiry the public's money was used to pursue and how many of them were made known to the PJ and/or Leics police.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CynicAl on 10.02.14 7:19

Yes, damn them evil but strangely indiscreet Eastern European migrants. 

What the heck do the media think we are? If organised gangs of Europeans want to trade in little European children, are there not enough crack addicts, prostitutes and social degenerates in projects across Europe whose missing children would arouse about as much police attention as a diplomats parking ticket? In all the poorest and the most lawless countries in the world traffickers sell their country's own children. If Romas in Greece and Ireland can "unusually" but naturally produce little blonde kids I hardly think the premium for high profile, cross-border trafficked little kids is going to be massive. The statistics don't lie... Over 90% 'disappeared' by someone they know, more than three quarters of what's left taken by opportunist paedos... Not much room left for organised gangs in the Westernised nations to risk so much in such legally competent places so that some trophy grabber can 'own' a living breathing liability being searched for by multiple police agencies across multiple countries. Who needs that kind of heat?

CynicAl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl on 10.02.14 7:27

Yet another witness that doesn't wish to be named.  Why? What could she possibly have to hide? And why report this to the press, almost 7 years later? Is it because the express pay for these stories whilst the Policia Judiciari do not?

How did she know that the Find Madeleine team were "busy with other lines of inquiry"? Was she told this when she called?  From what she says in this article, the suspect is well known, he would have been easy to locate for questioning. Sounds like she was brushed off as a time waster.  If team McCann give no credibility to this womans story why should anyone else?

What sort of mother and grandmother would allow a stranger to pay so much attention to a small girl? and as for having her drink spiked, that is absolute rubbish giving that her reflexes were so good that she was able to stop these people leaving and still have her wits about her when she got back to the hotel.  Where was the grandmother when the child was being snatched, she didn't seem to help much.

This article has no credibility whatsoever

sharonl

View user profile http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum